thursday things.

by Janetha on June 21, 2012

in random rambles

how are you today? it’s my friday. that’s spectacular. i’m heading out of town in the morning and i just can’t even wait.

i made a list for you today. i love lists.

1. momma b came to GPP this morning! i may be a horrible person for bringing her after looking at today’s workout—but she’s tough and i knew she could hang. and she did!

2. i did 177 burpees this morning. between ten 200m sprints. it was such a walk in the park… not. it sucked, but it was good for me. really. burpees are one of the best (if not the best) exercises ever. don’t believe me? read this.

3. can we start bringing back saying “not” after everything? i mean.. neon clothing and crop tops are back in.. why not saying “not”?

4. diets in review recently came out with their summer food bucket list. they included my summer MUST EAT item. check it out!

5. something incredible happened at lunch.. and it wasn’t just a turkey burger with a portabella mushroom bun (which was amazing, btw).. it was the fact that i ate this lunch outside with the one and only em k from chobani!

6. em k is in town with chobani for the utah arts festival. make sure you head there to grab your FREE cup of chobani from the champs bus!! the festival runs today through sunday. i LOVE the arts festival and go every single year. can’t wait to go tonight before heading out of town.

7. i tamed my ragey sweet tooth this afternoon with fiber choice discs. not my proudest moment, but also not my worst.  baby steps?

8. i realize “ragey” is not a real word. the red squiggles under it when i type it tell me so. i am going to continue to use it. if my blogging software recognizes “fantabulous” as a word, “ragey” should be OK, too.

9. we have made popcorn in the le creuset five out of the past seven nights. we cook it in garlic grapeseed oil and then pour hot, melted butter over it. to finish it off, we sprinkle it with fresh ground sea salt and asiago cheese. it seems so fancy! but it’s not. it’s easy. and tasty. i highly recommend this as a bedtime snack. or an anytime snack, really.

10. i didn’t have another thing to add to the list, but a list of 9 things was just not feeling right. 10 is better.. don’t ask me why, i am just the crazy girl who counts her steps on staircases. now i have to think of something… oh! i know! you still have time to enter my healthy surprise giveaway. i’ll announce the winner in my next post.

that’s all for tonight! i am going to hobble to the arts festival. seriously, after the workouts at GPP this week, i can hardly walk. i am looking forward to some lounging by the pool in st. george this weekend, a little shopping in vegas, and seeing my first cirque du soleil show on saturday night. we are going to ka. fun!

Alex @ therunwithin June 21, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I have been dying to make popcorn that way, it looks like it turned out great! Nice job having your picture in there, the whole list looks delicious.

Ellen Clifford June 21, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I’ll throw in my vote for both not and ragey being everyday words in our vocabulary. Not!
No actually I did mean that, so not on that not!

Jessica June 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I think when I see a red squiggle line under words I make up it makes me want to keep them even more. SPELLCHECK BE DAMNED!

HoodooVoodoo June 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm

that popcorn sounds so good!

xo,
meg

Lauren June 21, 2012 at 6:22 pm

So cool that you met up with em from Chobani! What a doll. :)
Have a good trip lady!!

Lee June 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I know you are not a big drinker, but there is this drink at the Nob Hill Tavern (in the MGM, where Ka is) called the Cable Car (I think) that was the best drink I’ve ever had in my life.

Erica June 21, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Have fun at the festival and on your trip! Such a busy lady :). Em is so darn cute! I need to use my pot to make popcorn. Purchasing some kernels tomorrow- yup!

presley @ run pretty June 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

your mom is the cutest!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Mmm popcorn! I have several bags of microwavable popcorn that I always forget about and I’m not sure why!

Melissa June 21, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I’ve found that instead of saying “not” I’m heard/read alot of “said no one ever” after the statement. (Example: “Wow! That’s a nice looking pair of Crocs!” Said no one ever.)

purelymichelle June 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm

177 burpees!! dang girl, you put my workouts to shame

love how your mom workouts with you!!

andrea June 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I hate burpees!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 21, 2012 at 9:14 pm

holy burpees batman! i so wish i could do that workout…

…NOT :)

Sarah June 21, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I love you, I really do. But I HATE, HATE, HATE when people use “NOT.” Mostly because I falsely believed there were actual boys that liked me in middle school…until they said “NOT.”

Neil June 21, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Wish I could have met Momma B! Next time – Not, NOT. oooh That felt cool. Haven’t done a double negative in a while. Might be my new thing.

I was gunning for your score during the workout. Rough. You rock.

Leg weeks are rough. I’m wrecked. Glad for when Sunday comes. I’ll send you an alt for the Sat. Have a fun weekend.

Amanda June 22, 2012 at 5:06 am

I really wish I had stayed in Vegas! Andy and I had a great time while we were there but it was hot, hot, hot!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 22, 2012 at 6:50 am

Oh that popcorn sounds amazing! And burpees are and exercise that I love AND hate at the same time. Totally going to read that article about them :). Have a fabulous weekend!

Errign June 22, 2012 at 8:07 am

I loooooove popcorn on the stove, but I hate to clean the pot! When I was a kid, we always had it with melted butter and sprinkle cheese aka Kraft Parm haha.

This post actually made me want to do some burpees…who am I?

Jessica, the_toned_teach June 22, 2012 at 8:07 am

That GPP workout looks awesome… definitely a heart-rate-pumper! I might have to try it tomorrow. My Saturday workouts are always a random cardio-based exercise I discovered the previous week, and this, my dear, seems to be JUST THAT! :) Safe travels

corrie anne June 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

I loved that burpee workout. So much so that I felt the need to look on my phone in bed before I could go to sleep all the scores everyone else posted. Haha. Dannng… people got game!!

That popcorn sounds amazing!! We just got a bunch of new popcorn seasoning stuff so I’m super excited!!

Nicole C June 22, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love your list, but appreciate the random thoughts more :) KA is a great show, the stage is crazy cool but when they don’t speak don’t be surprised, you will figure out the story.

And there is no Trader Joes close to the Strip, although I read there is one downtown but I don’t think I’d go to that one. Otherwise, the one on Decatur has good reviews, the others will be out of the way. All assuming you will hunt for one until yours opens, good luck! :)

ali June 22, 2012 at 9:48 am

Here is a list for you:

1. momma b rocks it! As do you! After 3 days of gpp and two zumba classes, I took the day off from gpp and drank wine last night instead. still having a hard time walking! :)

2. hope you had fun at the arts festival. hoping to go tonight and visit the chobani bus too!

3. i say ragey is a word and you should just keep on using it! love it!

4. I need to try popcorn in the le creuset. how long do you cook it? i love my popcorn with butter (lots!) and franks red hot sauce. so good!

5. have a blast in st. george! i’m super jealous of the pool time and ka!

i only had five things on my list! :)
enjoy! see you monday at gpp?

clare @ fittingitallin June 22, 2012 at 9:54 am

177??? Geez I think the most I’ve done in one workout is 100…
GPP sounds awesome!

natalie@thesweetslife June 22, 2012 at 9:57 am

oh gosh i love popcorn made over the stove! i usually stick to just salted or spicy kettle corn (SO GOOD), but i have got to try the cheese version!

have a good weekend :)

RainStorm June 22, 2012 at 9:59 am

Burpies are awful! And I always burn popcorn, even when I cook it in the microwave! Cirque is a-maz-ing! You will looooooove it!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss June 22, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I need le creuset BADLY. I have a popcorn problem that can’t be tamed…. and I need some of that little recipe you’ve got goin’ on over there.

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life June 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Seriously… WHY is neon clothing back “in”?!?!? Saw that at the mall recently and my jaw just dropped.

Alicia June 22, 2012 at 2:35 pm

mmmmmm….popcorn…

Have fun in Vegas!!! Go crazy!

Marie June 22, 2012 at 5:17 pm

You cracked me up with the Fiber Choice. Haha. I always say, “Not,” but I’m not very cool. I hear you with the sugar cravings. I had to reign it in last week, too! Usually it just makes me crave more sugar and salt…not good! Have a gret weekend!

Lisa June 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I did not know you could make popcorn that way! How fun. If only corn didn’t irritate my stomach. Goodness that is a ton of burpees!!! I love the though! Don’t think I’ve done that many! I think maybe 100 or 110 at most. I kinda want to try that workout though! Have a great weekend Janetha!

The Delicate Place June 23, 2012 at 8:13 am

i can’t believe mama b did burpees?! this woman is an inspiration! enjoy the arts fest and your mini vacay! x

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail June 23, 2012 at 11:27 am

LOVE the title of your workout this AM and way to kill it! Variation in workouts is THE best!! Momma B is a studette!

Annette@FitnessPerks June 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Ohhh have FUN in St George and Vegas! I bet it is freakin’ HOT and you’re lovin’ it by the pool! :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 24, 2012 at 12:07 am

I’ve always wanted Le Creuset, but after reading your description of fancy (but easy!) popcorn. I NEED Le Creuset. Butter, asiago cheese and sea salt? Sold. :)

Hope you’re having a fabulous time in Vegas! <3

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie June 25, 2012 at 10:22 am

over 150 burpees!! Those are my least favorite workout, but I’m sure you are right that they are a really great workout. We just don’t get along haha