saturday scenes.

by Janetha on June 16, 2012

in eating out,love life,moves

it’s been a lovely day.

things started with GPP at 8:45.

NewImage
NewImage

i posted my numbers on the site.

we took our first trip to the farmers market this year.

i never know if i should write “farmers”, “farmers'”, or “farmer’s”.. this sign has solved all my problems.

IMG 0014

it was a good time.

IMG 0044IMG 0030IMG 0025

we spotted our friend ashley with her pup, bea. so sweet.

IMG 0024

i spotted nature’s indulgence.. one of our blend retreat sponsors.

IMG 0037

the owner, doug, gave me some granola. thanks, doug.  this is the best granola i’ve ever had. i’m not just saying that. it’s incredible.

IMG 0038

we had some freshly baked bread + butter.

IMG 0051

and fresh juice. my favorite. i had the cobra. it was a tad too gingery.. but delicious nonetheless.

IMG 0048

we bought some things. dried cherries. jam. onions. kale. cinnamon swirl bread.

IMG 0013IMG 0035IMG 0050

and we bought some original art. the best art ever. kat’s creepy art.  she takes old paintings.. and puts her special touch on them. we already have one of her pieces. this labyrinth one caught our eyes immediately. we had to have it.

IMG 0016

and now it’s ours.

IMG 0060

yay.

we went to our favorite place for brunch.

NewImageNewImage

there was also coffee. and toast. and a scone. a utah scone.

we went to the post office. i mailed some things. sorry, move more in may winners, that took me awhile to mail your prizes.

we went to the harley davidson store. we got our dads some presents.

we went to the mall. no scenes from that place. no purchases, either. unless you count the sweet spanish father’s day card i got my dad. i have no idea what it says…

we came home. and napped.

NewImageNewImage

i am a bad napper. my nap lasted about 20 minutes is all. i got up.. read blogs.. read city weekly.. looked at pinterest.. got bored.. so i decided to try this free cereal bar marshall picked up somewhere. it’s been in the kitchen for weeks. no idea where it came from. marshall doesn’t know, either.

IMG 0064

the ingredients are horrible. high fructose corn syrup. hydrogenated oil. other ridiculous crap i never eat. but i LOVE fruity pebbles. love them. they are in my top 5 favorite cereals of all time. i’d eat a box a week in high school. so naturally, i had to try this bar. sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and screw that whole health thing, right?

IMG 0066

aside from that nasty frosting crap on the top, i loved it. i have never been a big frosting girl. i always liked the plain poptarts. and now i need to pick up a box of fruity pebbles. man, they’re good.

the three amigos are still napping.

Image

and i’m done writing this post.

i guess it’s time to go wake them up so we can create more saturday scenes.

hope your weekend is going well. happy father’s day to all the dads out there!

Alex @ therunwithin June 16, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Farmers markets are the best, I am so excited to finally be a place that has them. No lie, I love those bars. Yeep, the ingredients suck but they are delicious and gluten free!

sherice@foodieluvsfitness June 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Your Farmers Market look great! Ours only has about 10-15 booths. I wish we had a juice booth. What a great Idea…

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 16, 2012 at 7:02 pm

i’m liking all the we.

Kerryne June 16, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I was THIS CLOSE to going to the market today. Instead we went to a movie with the kids (where we both napped, ha ha). My kids love those fruity pebble things. We have some in our house as we speak! Guess they are pretty good!

Sana June 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I hate napping, I would rather go to sleep.

Angela June 16, 2012 at 8:13 pm

All three of them look so cute sleeping together!

Marie June 16, 2012 at 8:14 pm

We try and eat pretty healthy, but sometimes we do just eat some type of crap here and there and love it. Actually, you’re a great napper. They say a 15-30 minute power nap is great for you and gives you so much energy. My husband can do those but I would be out for at least an hour. The first year with my twins, I would literally run to my bed after I put them down for a nap, I was so exhausted. Nowadays if I do, I’m up all night since I’m a natural night owl. Sorry for the rambling. Glad you guys had a great day$ ;)

caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy June 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Bea is so cute!! that face!! and i love farmer’s markets! such fresh produce and goodies!

Starr June 16, 2012 at 9:09 pm

The pictures of your three amigos sleeping was really cute and I hate to comment that sentiment to you. TOOO SWEEEET

Becky @ TheBexFactor.com June 16, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Fruity Pebbles used to be one of my favorites too but you can’t get them in Canada anymore :( So sad. I used to always buy a box (or two) whenever I travelled in the states or have American friends send me some but I haven’t gotten any for a couple years now.

Brenda June 16, 2012 at 9:50 pm

That painting is the best EVER! I love that creepy movie! David Bowies character leaning on the tree is my favorite part. It’s too perfect. I need to check out her stuff

Jessica June 17, 2012 at 12:31 am

That is the best granola ever! I rationed off my samples from Blend. This reminds me that I need to order more!

Erica June 17, 2012 at 12:45 am

Hooray for the farmers market! Sounds like you got some good stuff. How cute is Bea? Yayyyy for brunch. I’m trying to convince Josh he wants to go to brunch for Father’s day ;). I think there are some foods that are SO worth throwing the “rules” away for. For me, its sweet baby ray’s bbq sauce. #1 ingredient? HFCS. Love

Jentry Nielsen June 17, 2012 at 7:51 am

Oh I LOVE fruity pebbles! Such a great classic cereal, can’t go wrong there!!!
I love that painting, those are so cool and unique! Great finds at the market! hope you had a great weekend!!!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 17, 2012 at 8:14 am

I love tabata!!! Looks like a fun workout! I used to be addicted to cereals when I was younger. I absolutely loved fruity pebbles :)

Presley (@runpretty) June 17, 2012 at 8:25 am

I always put “Farmer’s”… ah, the more you know… haha I feel slightly more intelligent now. I bet I forget to take out the apostrophe by the next time I type it out, though!

The Delicate Place June 17, 2012 at 9:36 am

you are really making me want to try a utah scone with all this hype :) i love the creepy artwork..definitely a conversation piece in your house i’m sure haha. i am making a coconut cream pie for my dad…it’s one of his favorites and the filling is kinda a beast! so much tempering and fluffing and slurrying. /high maintenance! i used to like fruity pebbles too…the colored milk at the end was my favorite part!

Jessica, the_toned_teach June 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

i LOVE fruity pebbles, too, hah! They are fantastic… especially when they dye the milk all kinds of colors and make it super sugary… YUM. Next time you go to a blogger-retreat, bring a box. ;)

Lisa June 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

I wish our farmers market was open every weekend! The last picture is so cute. I’ve never even seen those bars before, but I used to love those types of snacks as a kid! I was never a rice krispie fan, but loved dunkaroos.

Errign June 17, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Interesting new art – I think it’s a tad creepy, but in the most awesome way. I like it :)

Looks like a nice Saturday to me!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva June 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I am a bad napper too…I just can’t sleep when the sun is out unless I’m super duper tired. Btw….used the cookie scoop you sent me yesterday!!! Made perfect chocolate chip cookies. Thanks a million xo

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

looks like a great weekend! i’m glad you made it to the farmer’s market! it was another beautiful weekend for it!

Bree June 17, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Well!! That is definitely pug pic of the week!! What a sweetieface.

Neil June 17, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Fruity Pebbles are my all-time fav! But, why – WHY do they put them in such a small box? The Cheerios (gag) box is HUGE. But, the best cereal of ALL TIME gets the tiny box.

I’m from a family of 9 farmer’s kids. Only the engine and caboose are girls. Man, if you didn’t get to the Pebbles first. You weren’t gettin any.

Nicole G June 17, 2012 at 6:38 pm

We went to the Farmers Market in St. Louis yesterday, too. And had awesome snow cones! But I am so jealous of your Labyrinth painting! I am 32 years old and that is still one of my favorite movies! I can recite most of the lines, sadly! Great pic! And Marshall and the dogs sleeping, way too cute!

purelylori June 17, 2012 at 7:15 pm

We did not make it to the local farmers market this weekend as our parents were in town. But loving going and love exploring new farmers markets and coming across new finds.
Love all the pics, looks like you guys had a great Saturday!

KaraHadley June 17, 2012 at 8:02 pm

That art is so cool. I love that kind of “reclaimed” art.
And I totally get the Spanish card thing. When I was in France I used to send people French cards with no clue what they said. I think they all ended up being birthday cards.

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio June 17, 2012 at 8:40 pm

What a great day! Love the oaintingM

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Looks like a good day! I need to get to the Farmers Market. Maybe Wednesday…yeah, that should work. :)

Sara June 17, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I have made my own fruity pebble crispy treats before! You just follow the recipe for rice Krispy treats and replace the rice crispier with fruity or cocoa pebbles. You press into a pan and let them cool! They are sooo good! I find that the mix can get really sticky when pressing into a pan, if you wet your hand a little it makes it easier! :)

ali June 18, 2012 at 12:53 am

Sounds like a perfect weekend so far! So sad (kinda) that I missed GPP on Saturday (and Friday)..just felt the need to sleep! Tyson said you rocked it though! Good job!

Love the Farmers Market! Glad you had fun! Hope to see you this week!

Tina June 18, 2012 at 8:32 am

Cute pug! Looks like a lovely day! :)

Katie June 18, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love all those shots of Marsh! Pretty Farmers Market scenes!

(Hope you got some of that Nature’s Indulgence Lemon Blueberry goodness!)

Annette@FitnessPerks June 18, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Gahhhh! I need to go to the Farmers Market! What time does it open?? And which park is it at? Maybe I just need a url first? Haha.

LOVE a good, crappy snack. Gotta have ’em once in awhile!

Janetha June 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Hahaha.. it’s at Pioneer Park on 3rd and 3rd.. 8 AM to 1 PM every Saturday!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) June 18, 2012 at 3:40 pm

FP on FroYo=the bomb

Paige @ Running Around Normal June 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I am in love with that pug’s tongue!!!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie June 18, 2012 at 5:11 pm

sounds like a perfect saturday! I love farmers markets and the random and awesome things you can find there

TeriLyn [a foodie stays fit] June 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

SLC is straight-up cool these days. SIGH.

I’m craving bread now. Thanks. ;)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) June 18, 2012 at 8:17 pm

the GPP workouts look so fun! I would love to try out a class, I bet the energy in there is KILLER!

fruity pebbles..good but not as good as berry berry kix!!

denise June 19, 2012 at 4:23 am

FArmers Market looks nice. THe GPP looks like Crossfit.

meggi June 19, 2012 at 10:02 am

Oh man! I still haven’t been able to make it to the Farmers Market yet. And the Arts Festival is this weekend! So excited!

heather June 19, 2012 at 11:39 am

omg, my grandma has the original of the painting you guys bought! lol, I knew it looked crazy familiar.

brandi June 22, 2012 at 7:20 am

labyrinth is one of my FAVORITE movies! i love that painting – so awesome :)