pins of the week.

by Janetha on June 15, 2012

in deep thoughts,goals

hey, guys! happy friday to you. this week has been a looong one for me for some reason. funny how sometimes work weeks fly by and others lag and drag. pretty sure it’s because the weather has been nicer so it’s even harder to be cooped up indoors at my desk.. with no windows.. never to see the light of day. geez, i am so dramatic!

you guys know i am a pinterest fan. remember when i typed that super-detailed how-to post about it? yeah, that was fun. but i go through “pinterest phases” where i completely forget about the site, then when i remember it i will spend a solid hour sucked into the vortex of all things pinteresting.

well, this week i remembered pinterest, and i went crazy. thought i’d share a handful of my pins, just for kicks!

i liked this skirt from j’s blog so much that i actually ended up purchasing it! whoops.. guess i probably shouldn’t be reading clothing blogs. i definitely don’t need more clothes.

i see these ryan gosling “hey girl” things everywhere. more often than not, they make me laugh. this one, especially. speaking of Rx.. i almost Rxed my GPP workout today. only had to scale back on the tricep kickbacks. i am actually pretty proud! getting stronger every day.

this avocado, strawberry, and goat cheese recipe looked sensational! i just wasn’t sure if i should pin it to my “sweet eats” or “savory eats” board.. ashley, what do you think?

geez—talk about the truth on that one! i know i have wasted quite a bit of energy wishing my time away when i could have used it to make changes. i need to remember this saying the next time i let a negative thought enter my head.

the tastykitchen.com recipes are always a treat because so many different bloggers contribute! this baked falafel pita caught my eye—and needs to be made in my kitchen ASAP.

everything you ever needed to know, you could learn from a tree!

except for how to make these coconut donuts.. don’t think a tree could teach you that one.

speaking of donuts.. the ecard above pretty much sums me & my never-ending recipe making (and eating) up to a T. ha!

see? like this tiramisu bread recipe. i just have to make it. and eat it. and not get fat.

ah, screw it, i will just do this medicine ball workout afterward. it looks super fun, no?!

i have been loving quotes lately. first the one from wednesday and now the one above. love both of them. they are kinda along the same lines.. you have to try if you want ANYTHING in life. another one i like is “you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

speaking of taking shots… i created a new pinterest board this week. i am a fitfluential ambassador and one of our assignments was to create a fitness bucket list.  this bucket list is going to require trying a LOT.. and not being afraid to fail.

i have my summer bucket list already, but my new fitness bucket list includes things a little more long-term… meaning they won’t all be completed by the end of summer!

image[6][2]

the fitness bucket list includes things more serious and long term, some fit feats, and a few just for fun. i like the broad range included on the list. here are the pins i have so far:

i am excited to add to my list as i think of new fitness goals. i think having small things and big things on the list is KEY. every single goal in life is a big deal—even the little baby goals. it’s just as important to achieve small things as you go—this helps build confidence in order to tackle the bigger goals ahead! one step at a time, folks. don’t forget it. celebrate the small victories just as you would the big ones.

wow, those thoughts went out on the deep end! that’s enough out of me. i am ready for the weekend! i am excited to get to the farmers market, celebrate father’s day with my dad & dad-in-law, and spend some time zoning out. oh, and i will probably get up and going with this heart-pumping workout in the morning. we’ll see if i wake up!

1. what’s on YOUR fitness bucket list? big or small (or both!)

2. what’s on tap for your weekend?

Alex @ therunwithin June 15, 2012 at 4:56 pm

All these pins rock, seriously. I love your fitness bucket list. They are so cool!

BroccoliHut June 15, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I would love to do a mudder too! Also on my list would be to try a CrossFit class!
Then afterward I would eat lots of those doughnuts.

Clare @ Fitting It All In June 15, 2012 at 5:33 pm

ahhh that hey girl. swooon!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) June 15, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Vortex. That is exactly what I call the facetwit. That is why I never got into pinterest although I did sign up based on your tutelage.

Bucket list: How’s this: not to gain the weight back from my no-taste-bud diet. How’s that for a goal? Weekend- last weekend in LA for a while- hope to hike and see family and chillax a bit. Muah.

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast June 15, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I love yours list! Headstand push-ups, that’s a great one… might have to steal that one. Here’s mine! http://pinterest.com/mommyrunfast/fitness-bucket/

Carly June 15, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I love looking at other peoples pins. Creepy? Hope not.

My fitness bucket list is tunnel visioned right now, as all I want to do is at least ONE fricken chin up. One day….

This weekend I have a ball tournament…starting in an hour! Wish me luck! Perhaps on my fitness bucket list should be: Don’t duck when the ball comes my way.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile June 15, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I love your bucket list! I definitely have “get certified” on mine. I’ve always wanted to teach group fitness, so any type of certification is on my mind. I also put Jamie Eason, how awesome would that be!

Erica June 15, 2012 at 6:41 pm

This almost makes me want to pin! I want that pita. The tree pin is so cute. Fitness bucket list? Half marathon, actually doing yoga on a semi regular basis vs. telling myself I need to do it, eventually become certified in another program

Angela June 15, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Handstand push ups are definitely on my list. But I can’t even do a handstand, I should probably work on that!

Angie @ Losing It and Loving It June 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Got lots on my fitness bucket list.

Learn how to hulu hoop
Get a pair of kettlebells (and learn how to use)
Get a TRX
Go diving in Jamaica

and you can see the rest on my FitFluential Fitness Bucket List http://pinterest.com/angienewton/my-fitness-bucket-list/

This weekend is just me, hubby went to the Thunder/Heat Finals game and is visiting our baby granddaughter and I wasn’t able to make the trip. So I’m home taking care of our invalid kitty (he broke his little leg twice and is confined to a dog crate). It’s been challenging to say the least so I’m here working and watching HGTV lol

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health June 15, 2012 at 7:21 pm

LOVE your bucket list! I would love to be able to do those handstand push-ups too :D. Here’s the one I started! I still need to add lots to it haha http://pinterest.com/sweetnhealthy/my-fitfluential-fitnessbucketlist/

Jessica June 15, 2012 at 7:27 pm

that tree pin is adorable.
And I just want to do a freaking headstand!! I did one once for like 5 seconds and got so excited I fell and haven’t been successful with one since. Blasted yoga…

MCM Mama June 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Awesome list (and great pins!) In addition to the stuff on my board, I want to do an unassisted pullup. Haven’t found a pin I like for that though LOL. http://pinterest.com/mcmmamaruns/my-fitfluential-fitnessbucketlist/

lindsay June 15, 2012 at 8:32 pm

oh dang! i pretty sure you will master those on the list! And uh, i love your arms. THey are sexy, like a tree.. wait..does that make sense? hehe.

xoxo

Pure2raw twins June 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm

we got some of the same on our lists, we blogged about it here http://www.pure2raw.com/2012/06/fitness-bucket-list/

Jessica June 15, 2012 at 9:08 pm

You totally turned me on to the gpp workouts! I do them everyday now even though I live in Washington DC. Glad I wasn’t the only one who had to cut back on the tri kickbacks today!!

Ashley June 15, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Fun post!! I think it would go under savory because of the cheese on top. After you try that, you need to make the summer guacamole!!! Have a great weekend girlie. :)

Tara June 15, 2012 at 9:55 pm

There’s a lady at the Y who has to be at least 60 and and she puts my 44 year old butt to shame every time! She does Turbokick and PiYo with me and warms up by doing handstand pushups. What the WHAT??

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy June 15, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I go through pinterest phases too. I’ll forget about it for a week and then rediscover it and go crazy! I guess that makes it more fun. ;)

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 15, 2012 at 11:44 pm

I want to run a 1/2 marathon and eventually a marathon. I only need to run ONE marathon in my lifetime and maybe a few 1/2s. And maybe learn to be a comfortable swimmer…

Heather June 15, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Fitness Bucket List:

Bench 135lbs (currently at 115lbs)
Handstands and Handstand Push-ups (I hate being upside down!

NEIL June 16, 2012 at 12:14 am

I’d like to do a 100 mile bike ride this year. Been putting a ton of miles in.

Love pinterest, but I forget about it too.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva June 16, 2012 at 4:08 am

I really want to be able to do a pull-up, and a handstand. I’d also love to try rock climbing…it looks like so much fun!

Sierra June 16, 2012 at 5:26 am

I am able to do a kipping pull up, so I would love to do a strict one. I would also like to be so happy with my body that I can workout in a sports bra. That would be nice, especially for summer. Marathon? maybe.

Jessica June 16, 2012 at 7:01 am

On my fitness bucket list – do a pull-up!!

Annette@FitnessPerks June 16, 2012 at 7:11 am

I love Pinterest! And you have some great pins–glad I follow ya! ;)

On my fitness bucket list : do a triathlon in Hawaii!

Kendra June 16, 2012 at 8:04 am

Perception is a peculiar creature, I have visualized your arms to push though my last lifts. You’ve got great limbs! And the scar is wicked; the battle wounds of a Nikita who rides, a mountain slayer.

lynn @ the actor's diet June 16, 2012 at 8:59 am

gadzooks i went bananas on pinterest this morning looking up icebox cake recipes

Dusty @ Running to Healthy June 16, 2012 at 9:20 am

Love your fitness bucket list! I get addicted to pinterest sometimes too.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats June 16, 2012 at 10:09 am

That advice from a tree is so perfect! :)

Felice @ The Happy Runner June 16, 2012 at 11:36 am

Great list! I would love to be able to cross the monkey bars someday, too. I can do 2 and then drop!! Argh!

I have a pinterest bucketlist here: http://pinterest.com/thehappyrunner/my-fitfluential-fitnessbucketlist/

marie June 16, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Right now my fitness bucket list has 2x bodyweight deadlifts, crow pose, and wide-grip 1.1x bodyweight chinups.

Have you seen Tony Gentilcore’s chinup progression? It’s written for regular chins, but I would imagine it’d help with kippings, too.

Happy pulling!

denise June 16, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hmmm fittness bucket list – I am not sure at the moment. I love pinterest too but I have yet to bake, make or purchase anything off of my boards.

Ananda June 16, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I do like that fitness pin. I saw it on your board because I follow you but re-reading it made me stop and think for a bit. So true.

btw, I made the baked falafel this week and I just wanted to let you know that I made the mistake of putting the tahini sauce ingredients IN with the falafel ingredients (I accidentally included the lemon juice and tahini) and it was pretty darn good. I still had to stream in some water as the falafel mix was very dry. I made more of the tahini sauce to drizzle in the pitas and it wasn’t my fave. If I made it again, I’d probably do a tzatziki. I’ll be interested to see if you tweak the recipe!

Theodora June 17, 2012 at 11:18 am

I love your list! Mine is very, very much a work in progress right now.

Katie June 18, 2012 at 9:28 am

Ohmygosh I need to print that Ryan Reynolds one out and hang it in my garage. Love it. Good for you for almost Rx’ing!

Jenny June 18, 2012 at 9:34 am

Girl, I love your arms enough for the both of us! What you see as imperfection I see as inspiration. Also- that falafel is happening in my house tonight.

janetha @ meals & moves June 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

Shaunna@mamas13minutemile June 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

I should basically get that quote with the tire tattooed on my forehead. Love it…true eye opener!!! :)

Jenna Z June 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

What a cowinky-dink, I made one of those workout shirts this weekend. It was super easy, go do it now!! I made mine to take hot yoga classes while I’m on vacation in Boston. I also made one of these which only takes the tiniest amount of sewing.

Carrie@FamilyFitnessFood.com June 19, 2012 at 7:15 am

Love your Bucket List. I found when making mine that I didn’t even know some of these things were out there. It took some searching through Pinterest to get some ideas going. So fun!

Good luck with your list, you’ll get there!

Elizabeth June 19, 2012 at 11:04 am

I’m having so much fun building my fitness bucket list (http://pinterest.com/elizabethev/fitnessbucketlist-on-tap/)– it’s been great to put some big goals out there. :)

Meg G June 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Love your Pins, especially the crossfit ones! My bucket list has a little bit of fitness related travel (hello kayaking in the Galapagos!) that will take some time and planning to get as well as the very similar HANDSTAND PUSH-UPS!! Yeee, they will come.

You can check out my bucket list here:

Good luck with your list!!