four cheers for friday.

by Janetha on May 25, 2012

in moves,random rambles

can i get a hell yes to the upcoming three day weekend? after this past week month at my day job, i am more than stoked for the extra day off. it’s hard to believe may is almost over! i am a little scared of june being right around the corner because my schedule is jam-packed through the summer months and all the way to the middle of october! i guess being busy is a good thing, though, right? right.

before i get started on today’s topic, three things:

• whoever told me to use gel draino to clean my sink IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it worked like a charm! i could kiss you! no, really, i don’t remember who it was, but pipe up if it was you so i can give you a proper thank you.
  • i made katie a virtual casserole.
  • i have been trying to think of a good tai-bo move since i watched lindsay’s video yesterday. i’m still thinking…

moving on.

i like lists. i like alliteration. that’s why today’s blog post includes four lists of four filled with fantastic fings things!

four funny search terms:

one of the funny behind-the-scenes things about blogging is you get to see what people are searching for that lead them to your blog. here are four that made me laugh:

1. “bananas in pajamas rat in the hat” led to this post. no bananas in pajamas or rats in hats, but there are dogs pumping iron!
  2. “my husband can eat anything he wants and is skinny!” led to this post. the funny part is that there were THREE people who searched this in the last 30 days.. not just one. and i promise, searchers, i can totally relate! some guys have all the luck.
  3. “my feet are so ticklish that i can’t get a pedicure” led to this post. and OH MY GOSH! ME TOO!! ugh, hate it!
  4. “jane is sitting in the library, cramming for a nutrition test. she has eaten a plate full of brownies and is now ordering a pizza. which of the following is probably affecting the way jane is eating?” led to this post for some reason. and wait, REALLY? someone googled THAT? maybe they were trying to cheat on a test.. that’s my only conclusion.

it’s so funny to see what people are searching for on google! there were so many to choose from, it was hard to pick only four. i will have to share some more soon.

four favorite workouts in the past week:

in order of favoriteness, #1 being my verrrry fave!

1. hell-in-a-handbasket II. my inner thighs are STILL sore from this workout i did on monday! my triceps are still feeling it, too. this was one of those workouts where i wanted to either pass out or throw up afterward. in my book, that’s a good thing.
  2. STBL medley. this one was a week ago and kerryne and i were talking about how our hamstrings are STILL sore today from the single leg deadlifts in the workout! is it bad that i love DOMS? the single leg deadlift is definitely my #1 favorite lower body move. love.
  3. OTC – KB uni. my best friend, kristen, did this one with me which made it super rad! plus it involved a new-to-me move, halos. those are fun, i had never heard of them til last wednesday. the part that makes me smile is i don’t dance or have ANY rhythm, but those halos made me move my hips like they’ve never moved before! it was pretty sweet.
  4. EOL. kristen came to this one, too! my favorite moves from this workout were the front squats and sideups. i hated the squat-to-box jumps.. but i know they’re good for me.

side note.. i am OBSESSED with acronyms (so much so that i even included this fun fact in my about me) and so the fact that 3 of my 4 favorite workouts in the past week have included acronyms just makes me smile.

other side note.. demo videos of all those moves are in the workout links i posted. FYI.

four recipes recently added to my “must make!” list:

i have been slacking on my blog reading lately, so when i opened my google reader to check out the new recipe posts i was overwhelmed with delicious ideas! here are the ones i immediately bookmarked:

1. protein macaroons from eating bird food.

2. healthy bagels from maria’s nutritious & delicious journal.

3. sweet corn & roasted jalapeño hummus from how sweet it is.

4. vegan protein waffles from pure2raw.

four things i’m lusting after:

1. this dress. comfy, casual, and cute.. all in one.

Source: rstyle.me via Janetha G on Pinterest

2. iphone lenses. i’ve seen a lot of cool photos taken with these twist-on lenses.

3. denim zelda crops from express. i have the cobalt blue ones and love, love, love ‘em.

4. a double-island kitchen. sighhh. maybe one day? it’s so dang functional with the extra island! throw a hanging pot rack in there and we are in business. there’s even a ladder for short, little me.

pssst, husband, my birthday is next week! i kid. sorta.

that’s all for now! i’m off to enjoy the long weekend. hope you do the same! i am sure i will be checking in sometime over the next few days.

1. what is one thing you are looking forward to?

2. what was your favorite workout this week?

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident May 25, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I have been trying to find the perfect pair of denim crops. Now, I must go to Express.
I did Crossfit for the first time this week and I am officially in love! I need to start making enough money to join a gym and go all the time!

Jennie (the gf-gf) May 25, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Yes, the random search terms are the best!! My favorite one that led someone to my site was “can I use a jelly belly for bait?” (because I talk about jelly bellies a lot, I love them). I kind of want to know how that experiment turned out.
I also strangely love reading through my spam comments – most of them are boring, but occasionally they are so clever! I actually got great homemade popcorn making tips from a spam comment.

Meg May 25, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I love these posts Janetha! Thank you for doing them :) So much fun to read :) I appreciate you sharing the workouts, too! :)

meggi May 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Looking forward to a three day weekend of course :) My mom tried to get us kids those iphone lenses for Christmas but they were all sold out. I am still intrigued by them! And that dress… SO Cute! My dream kitchen has a pantry! Yes, a full pantry! We only have ONE closet in the entire house so most of our kitchen stuff is in the basement in unopened boxes. True and sad story ;)

curlsz May 25, 2012 at 6:25 pm

making the macaroons – ps check the link – too many http://'s in it – definitely first time I’ve made http:// into a word

maria @ mim May 25, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Oh Janetha. I’m seriously LOVING the GPP workouts. They are changing my life–I’ve NEVER enjoyed Strength Training before. I can’t thank you enough for blogging about them. It’s something I can see myself doing forever.

Neil May 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Shaking my head. Over and over. Cannot believe the randomness of those searches. I mean, like, I… Seriously?

Trying to wrap my mind around it, but it hurts my brain. Do I laugh at, or fear people who wrote these. Maybe not the boyfriend thing. Well, yeah. That too.

My fav was heavy power cleans and burps that we did today.

Coaching that workout is FRICKIN rewarding. Watching someone take herself (physically) to that VERY dark place full of fear and self-doubt and then come back to consciousness, realizing they lived to tell the tail and benefited along the way is life changing – for me. It always affirms my faith in the strength of the human spirit. Fun to watch someone battle and conquer one of their own demons. Sometimes it chokes me up.

I will deny that if anyone ever quotes me on it.

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning May 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Someone found my blog this week by searching “heathereatsalmondbutter suck my toes.” Um, what?
I’m looking forward to making your scones. And SLEEPING. I get to wake up 3 days in a row with no alarm, because my spin class is canceled Sunday (we’re getting new bikes!!)
My fave workout this week was yesterday- the back to back bootcamp workouts from Tues and Thurs. Holy muscle soreness!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I think I’m still in love with that freakin’ “Full House” workout from LAST week! My gosh that left me shaking and feeling like I was the strongest woman alive just for completing it!

Krystina (Krystina Yogini) May 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I’m looking forward to my birthday on June 4. It’s the first one spent with my boyfriend and I’m wondering what he has up his sleeve.

Jessica May 25, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I’m looking forward to going to brat fest in Madison! Have an awesome weekend!! :)

Sarah May 25, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Hell yes.

You ask, you shall receive.

Pure2raw twins May 26, 2012 at 5:50 am

yes I have seen those iphone attachments for pics, crazy what is out there these days

never looked to see what people search for, actually not really sure how to do that

thanks for the shout out!! I am off to go make waffles now ;)

Brittany @ Eating Bird Food May 26, 2012 at 6:34 am

I love seeing what people search for as well – it always cracks me up!

Thanks for the shout-out – you’ll love those protein macaroons. Warning though – I had to put them in the freezer to keep myself from eating all 15 in one sitting. :)

katie May 26, 2012 at 6:41 am

Haha! I love you! ” A ladder for little me” lol! You are so damn cute!

YAY for the weekend!

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl May 26, 2012 at 8:40 am

Love #4 search term!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 26, 2012 at 9:28 am

I’m looking forward to meeting a blogger friend tomorrow for the first time!

Katie May 26, 2012 at 9:32 am

Ahaha, that Jane-brownie-search is stinking HILARIOUS. I am cracking up. Thanks for Saturday smiles. <3

Kailey May 26, 2012 at 11:41 am

I can’t get over how the iPhone is taking over! Didn’t know they made lenses, but it is probably a good investment since the camera is decent! Enjoy your long weekend girlie

Lisa May 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hahaha laughing at those search terms, thats just awesome. I love how people find your website. I did the EOL workout yesterday, after you posted it! It killed me, my legs are dying today. Those squats to box jumps felt like they went on forever. Have a great weekend!xo

Paula @ Fit Chick Soon May 26, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I can’t share with you some of the searches I get for my massage website, it would make your hair curl! but it is hilarious what people will search for and they don’t realise that it can be found.

I can’t believe that you can get lenses for the iphone, will have to check them out!

To answer your 2nd question, it would have to be today’s workout, which was day 2 of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit (Back & Biceps), after your fab guest post, I thought I have to do that as your friend has amazing results! Still feeling the DOMS from yesterday’s training, but feeling good that I have started.

Ramble over :) have a great long weekend, we have ours next weekend x

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva May 26, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I was looking at the GPP site the other day to try one of the workouts…they look intense!!! One of my favourite exercises that I love/hate is burpee box jumps. You do a burpee but instead of jumping straight up you jump onto a big box in front of you. They are hard!

Looking forward to the gym today and trying out a few new recipes :)

Lauren @ Recipes for a Quarterlife May 26, 2012 at 7:21 pm

hahaha i love the searches… i once wrote a post about sandra lee (the semi-homemade food network lady), so the top search on my blog is “sandra lee boobs”. i don’t write a blog because i love to, i do it cause the perverts of the world need me!!

Meg May 26, 2012 at 8:29 pm

YAY! I am SO glad the Drano worked for your sink as well (I have suggested it to other people before and they thought I was nuts!) It was a total accident that I found it. Like I said, I’m not sure if it has any long term effects on the sink – but I used it has a regular method for “deep cleaning” my sink for nearly three years. I now have a stainless steel sink and I MISS my white sink.

Janetha May 29, 2012 at 9:37 am

DUDE. I love you. Email me your address, I want to send you a proper thank you gift.

Meg May 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Thank you, you are so thoughtful and kind! You’ve given me MANY great ideas since I have started reading your blog – so let’s call it even! :)

Lee May 27, 2012 at 5:09 am

Looking forward to going to Las Vegas in 10 hours!! And pedicures tickle my feet really badly too! The nail person always laughs at me.

Laura May 27, 2012 at 11:00 am

Favorite workout this week – We’ve done a lot of power snatches at CrossFit this week. The snatch is my favorite lift, so the fact that we’ve done them 3 times this week makes me happy. Also, a beautiful new PR ain’t so bad, either.

Right now, I’m looking forward to my bike ride today – leaving in about 30 mins after breakfast settles.

Amy May 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm

those lenses for the iphone are so cool!

oh and saw those protein macaroons and totally wanna try them!

sherice@foodieluvsfitness May 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm

you always have such creative stuff on your blog.. that’s why it’s possibly my very favorite blog!! I love it! I’m making that sweet corn hummus and I just subscribed to the GPP Fitness channel on Youtube.. also one of my favorite things.. watching and getting new workout moves from the bazillion workout channels on youtube! Thanks for all your very insightful info! :) 4 cheers for FRIDAY & LOOOONG WEEKENDS!

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie May 28, 2012 at 6:47 am

one thing I am looking forward to: I work on wednesday and then I am off work for two weeks!!!

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness May 28, 2012 at 10:45 am

OMG!! Those coconut protein macaroons look SO good and so little ingredients!!! AHHH!! I MUST make some on Thursday to bring to my fam on Friday night!!! I CANNOT WAIT!! You freakin’ rock and I adore you. If I had the money, I’d buy you a double island kitchen for your bday;) haha

Christin May 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I have those Zelda crops too!! I am addicted to Express :)