can i get a hell yes to the upcoming three day weekend? after this past week month at my day job, i am more than stoked for the extra day off. it’s hard to believe may is almost over! i am a little scared of june being right around the corner because my schedule is jam-packed through the summer months and all the way to the middle of october! i guess being busy is a good thing, though, right? right.
before i get started on today’s topic, three things:
- whoever told me to use gel draino to clean my sink IS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it worked like a charm! i could kiss you! no, really, i don’t remember who it was, but pipe up if it was you so i can give you a proper thank you.
- i made katie a virtual casserole.
- i have been trying to think of a good tai-bo move since i watched lindsay’s video yesterday. i’m still thinking…
i like lists. i like alliteration. that’s why today’s blog post includes four lists of four filled with fantastic fings things!
four funny search terms:
one of the funny behind-the-scenes things about blogging is you get to see what people are searching for that lead them to your blog. here are four that made me laugh:
- “bananas in pajamas rat in the hat” led to this post. no bananas in pajamas or rats in hats, but there are dogs pumping iron!
- “my husband can eat anything he wants and is skinny!” led to this post. the funny part is that there were THREE people who searched this in the last 30 days.. not just one. and i promise, searchers, i can totally relate! some guys have all the luck.
- “my feet are so ticklish that i can’t get a pedicure” led to this post. and OH MY GOSH! ME TOO!! ugh, hate it!
- “jane is sitting in the library, cramming for a nutrition test. she has eaten a plate full of brownies and is now ordering a pizza. which of the following is probably affecting the way jane is eating?” led to this post for some reason. and wait, REALLY? someone googled THAT? maybe they were trying to cheat on a test.. that’s my only conclusion.
it’s so funny to see what people are searching for on google! there were so many to choose from, it was hard to pick only four. i will have to share some more soon.
four favorite workouts in the past week:
in order of favoriteness, #1 being my verrrry fave!
- hell-in-a-handbasket II. my inner thighs are STILL sore from this workout i did on monday! my triceps are still feeling it, too. this was one of those workouts where i wanted to either pass out or throw up afterward. in my book, that’s a good thing.
- STBL medley. this one was a week ago and kerryne and i were talking about how our hamstrings are STILL sore today from the single leg deadlifts in the workout! is it bad that i love DOMS? the single leg deadlift is definitely my #1 favorite lower body move. love.
- OTC – KB uni. my best friend, kristen, did this one with me which made it super rad! plus it involved a new-to-me move, halos. those are fun, i had never heard of them til last wednesday. the part that makes me smile is i don’t dance or have ANY rhythm, but those halos made me move my hips like they’ve never moved before! it was pretty sweet.
- EOL. kristen came to this one, too! my favorite moves from this workout were the front squats and sideups. i hated the squat-to-box jumps.. but i know they’re good for me.
side note.. i am OBSESSED with acronyms (so much so that i even included this fun fact in my about me) and so the fact that 3 of my 4 favorite workouts in the past week have included acronyms just makes me smile.
other side note.. demo videos of all those moves are in the workout links i posted. FYI.
four recipes recently added to my “must make!” list:
i have been slacking on my blog reading lately, so when i opened my google reader to check out the new recipe posts i was overwhelmed with delicious ideas! here are the ones i immediately bookmarked:
four things i’m lusting after:
1. this dress. comfy, casual, and cute.. all in one.
2. iphone lenses. i’ve seen a lot of cool photos taken with these twist-on lenses.
3. denim zelda crops from express. i have the cobalt blue ones and love, love, love ‘em.
4. a double-island kitchen. sighhh. maybe one day? it’s so dang functional with the extra island! throw a hanging pot rack in there and we are in business. there’s even a ladder for short, little me.
pssst, husband, my birthday is next week! i kid. sorta.
that’s all for now! i’m off to enjoy the long weekend. hope you do the same! i am sure i will be checking in sometime over the next few days.
1. what is one thing you are looking forward to?
2. what was your favorite workout this week?
xo. janetha g.