three thrilling thursday things.

by Janetha on May 17, 2012

in random rambles

hello!

loved hearing all your natural and/or home remedies in the comments of my last post! there are so many things i want to try. also, a few of you said you sell norwex, so if anyone IS interested in buying their products, make sure you check out those comments. if you reply to a comment on my blog, the person you are replying to will get an email notification so you can touch bases!

tonight’s post is going to be snappy. i have things to do, people to see, and food to eat!

i started my day bright and early with corrugation–a REALLY fun GPP workout. it took about 15 minutes and then i finished my things off with a booty-blasting core & lower body circuit. the circuit was day four of the fitmixer bootcamp i am participating in. i love the fitmixer workouts because they have provided videos of the workouts every single day, it’s so useful! today’s workout had lots of flutter kicks, leg lifts, and plank work. by the time i was done with the short 15-minute body weight sesh, my legs and butt were on FIRE! who knew things could burn so much without the use of weights?

i loved getting my workout done in the morning. i REALLY need to start making a habit of it. i love having the evenings free! but i also love sleeping in. i have a mental battle with myself each and every morning. half of the time my motivated mind makes me get up and go to the gym and the other half my sleepy side wins and i doze for another hour. i wonder if i will have this internal debate every morning for the rest of my life? i hope it will get easier to get up… although i did the insanity DVDs in the morning for a month straight and NEVER got used to it. maybe i am just doomed to never be a morning person.

enough about that–let’s move on to my alliterative title! three thrilling thursday things!

1. i found a loophole!

kristen and i have been signed up for the june 2nd dirty dash for awhile now, but our teammates have been dragging their feet on signing up–so it was just the two of us! when our friends finally buckled down and went to register, there was a sad message saying the race was SOLD OUT, even though kristen had reserved 12 spots on our team! darn it.

Screen Shot 2012 05 17 at 5 39 27 PM

i turned to my good friend google to see if any utah dashers were selling their race registrations so my friends could join our team. well, what do you know, google helped me find a link on the utah running site that took me straight to the page where you can join a team! i thought it was too good to be true, since the race is sold out and there is NO link on the official site to register or join a team, but sure enough–it let me register jessica! and then my friend amanda was able to register, too! it was totally legit. they’re in.

Screen Shot 2012 05 17 at 5 40 30 PM

i can’t wait for the dirty dash. i had SO much fun doing it last year, and this time around it happens to be the day after my birthday! woohoo! i am, without a doubt, THRILLED!

2. chobani loves me, i love chobani!

it’s no secret that chobani is my favorite company…ever. it’s not only because i love their yogurt–it is because i love THEM. they are kind, generous, thoughtful, inspiring, friendly, and just all around amazing. i came home today to a fun thank you package from the five lovely ladies that were at blend retreat with us.

NewImage

SO thoughtful, SO unnecessary. i can’t wait to eat my overnight choats! but i really just can’t wait to see these ladies again.

NewImage

THANK YOU, chobani! i’m THRILLED to be your friend. (and i secretly wish i lived in NYC and worked for you so i could eat at the meatball shop every day…)

3. i am heading to the SLC tastemakers event tonight!

NewImage

marshall and i are meeting some friends at this event which is both tonight and tomorrow night. there are twenty local restaurants participating in the event and for the cool price of $30 (each–so $60 for me and the mister) we get to sample food from each and every menu! THRILLED.

if you live in SLC and know what is good for you, you should come to the event. it’s going to be such an awesome opportunity to try lots of different restaurants all at the same time! and like i said, it is tonight AND tomorrow, so if you can only go one night i definitely think it’s still worth the $30. we are going to go both nights–which put a pause on my dinner menu for the rest of the week! oh, and it’s safe to say my calorie counting is also on pause during this event. events involving delicious food are meant to be enjoyed–not to worry about how many calories are in each tasty bite. am i right?

well, it’s already 6 PM so you know what that means.. i gotta get off the computer and get ready to head to the event!

yay, friday tomorrow! i, for one, am stoked about that.

1. give me one thrilling thing from your thursday.

2. workouts: morning, noon, or night?

p.s. it has been a busy week. okay, a busy past month or so. if you are waiting on an email reply from me… keep waiting, i haven’t forgotten you!

Carrie @shrinkingcarrie May 17, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Hmmm, thrilling….let me think? Oh! I lost 4.2 pounds this week! Ya, that was pretty thrilling. But I am still jealous that you get to taste delicious food from 20 different restaurants. Have fun!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey May 17, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I’m pumped that people commented that they sell Norwex! I’m going to respond to one of them right now!

Momma b May 17, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I made it to San Diego and its WARM and SUNNY!! Got a pampering pedicure, picked sweet strawberries with my gorgeous grand daughters!!

Morning all the way…love having it out if the way and working all day.

Have a terrific time tonight xoxo!

I love you!

lindsay May 17, 2012 at 6:54 pm

are you feeling better yet? Hope so! and I hope marshall is too! that will be thrilling! and have fun tonight. We do have some thrilling things coming up, but i can reveal until monday. tee hee.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List May 17, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I wanna run that race with you!! :( Think I can get a sponsor? ;)

Mary Legare Whaley May 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Thrilling thing? There was an alligator lurking around our office this afternoon. It was hilarious. We chased him down! (sort of) Well, we chased him, then we ran away. We captured it on iPhone video. Hilarious. I am totally an after-work exerciser. I go straight from work to the gym or the streets for a run. On the weekends, I’ll do morning, like after 9 am, but anything before sunrise is out of the question. No ma’am! Have fun with that race, love your team name…bahaha!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 17, 2012 at 7:37 pm

i freaking LOVE Chobani! I got an awesome email from those ladies today that pretty much made my day! :)

And I’m very much a morning workout person. There are too many people at the gym in the evenings and I would rather spend my evening lazy on the couch. hah!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats May 17, 2012 at 7:59 pm

The most thrilling thing about my Thursday is going to be going to bed. I can’t wait for today to be over! lol. :)

Coley May 17, 2012 at 8:14 pm

My most thrilling thing was that my work gave me an iPad 2 to try out (yes for free) I am leaving a comment using my new iPad and loving it! And, that event sounds awesome! I usually attend the Park City Classic every year… But it’s more of a wine pairing… Anywhoo! Hope you have fun at the dinner event!!!

Coley May 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Ps…. I so want to work out in the morning but can’t seem to get my behind out of bed. I love to sleep in.. Maybe one day!

Maren May 17, 2012 at 8:26 pm

hahahaha sloppy hoes. so classy.

Hope you’re eating lots of goodies tonight!!

I did body pump and cxworx this morning. I hoping to teach both. I LOVE cxworx!!! So fun!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 17, 2012 at 9:11 pm

i’m an afternoon workout gal, but i try to get it done in the morning if/when i can because these days i never know if it’s going to happen later :)

Jen May 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I LOVE corrugation! I dug up some old gpp workouts after the night we talked at the gym just to give them a try since I’m still too cheap to pay for another gym membership and this is probably my favorite so far.

Laura May 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Thrilling – I’ve had this stupid task that has dragged on for months at work (because one of my project managers is less than awesome at her job) and we finally got a chunk of it out the door today. I can’t even describe how awesome it was. Now the client better accept it!

Work outs – I love working out in the morning. As much as I like sleeping in, I feel so accomplished knowing that I already got something done. Plus there are so many times that I have to work late or I’m just not up to working out after work, so I like getting it out of the way. I do doubles a few times a week as well.

Sana May 17, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Cho does rock :)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva May 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Well it’s friday here but I’ll still tell you about my thrills. Had a job interview today and I think it went really well. I will be THRILLED if I get the position. For me, evening workouts seem to be the go atm. I am a morning person, but just find that it’s so cold in winter that I want to stay wrapped up in bed!

Neil May 17, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Not a morning person. I tried for years. Can’t do it. Everytime I workout before 9am it is a sloppy and worthless pursuit. I’m a nooner. I’m lucky. I have a job that lets me workout whenever I want!

Khushboo May 17, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I’m normally a morning exerciser but I think I want to start weight training in the evenings…I seem to be lagging in energy first thing because I don’t have time to eat beforehand! I wanted to ask you- do you eat anything before your workouts? I know I should but sleep trumps food at that hour!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama May 18, 2012 at 12:08 am

Hey- Momma B is here? :) workouts- whenever I can squeeze them in. I took the boys to Kegoland today and it was a blast. Hope you got some yummy food!

Conni Jo May 18, 2012 at 5:45 am

I have the same internal debate (as you) about morning workouts. I love getting it out of the way and having my evenings free, but I feel sooooo sleepy after doing morning workouts a few days in a row. I have limited myself to going 2 morning a week and the rest of my workouts in the afternoon or evening. I am not one of those people that has more energy throughout the day after working out.

Anna May 18, 2012 at 6:10 am

Thrilling thing: I went on my second trail run and have a new fitness-love!

Workouts: I love morning workouts! With the gym schedule this summer (school gym doesn’t open till 11!) I am sticking to late-morning/afternoon workouts and they are great too. I have a little more energy which is nice but its also a little harder to get motivated…or easier to want to talk yourself out of it?!

Kristen May 18, 2012 at 6:46 am

On the weekend I like morning workouts but during the week there’s no way I’m getting out of bed earlier than I have to!

betty May 18, 2012 at 6:52 am

our new system at work tries to block your page from me :( i posted yesterday but i dont think it showed up.. i use baking soda + fresh squeezed oj together and my face has never felt better! i want to try the norwex, though, too! and the dirty dash sounds like so much fun! saving money and fun races dont mix.. but WE CLOSE ON THE HOUSE ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! hopefully all goes well! glad you like the morning workouts also! i’m the same way.. hit or miss.. i can even get up, take the dogs out, and climb back into bed (kinda like sleep dog-walking) .. i have gotten better tho.. def moving more in may!

Betty May 18, 2012 at 7:18 am

our new system at work tries to block your page from me :( i posted yesterday but i dont think it showed up.. i use baking soda + fresh squeezed oj together and my face has never felt better!  i want to try the norwex, though, too!  and the dirty dash sounds like so much fun! saving money and fun races dont mix.. but WE CLOSE ON THE HOUSE ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! hopefully all goes well!  glad you like the morning workouts also!  i’m the same way.. hit or miss.. i can even get up, take the dogs out, and climb back into bed (kinda like sleep dog-walking) .. i have gotten better tho.. def moving more in may!

Janetha May 21, 2012 at 9:14 am

I am so excited for you!

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life May 18, 2012 at 7:30 am

One thrilling thing: I signed up for the Disney Half Marathon in January. I know it’s a long way off, but it’ll be my first half marathon ever, and just a few short months after my wedding, so preparing is going to be a little complicated. But I am SUPER excited (and terrified!)

Ali @ Around the VeggieTable May 18, 2012 at 8:04 am

Ugh my Thursday SUCKED but since you are making me give something thrilling…at the end of my sucky day my husband treated me to froyo. Froyo never sucks. I always do my workouts in the afternoon as soon as I get home from work. It’s not ideal, but I just can’t force myself to get up in the morning, no matter how hard I try. I wish I did though…it would be SO nice to get it over with! BTW I just started insanity…I’m doing day three tonight. Feels horrible…but it also feels like I will DEFINITELY get results. Yay!

Annette@FitnessPerks May 18, 2012 at 9:36 am

Those are 3 thrilling things for sure!

Mine was not that thrilling to tell ya the truth….but I did get to spend some quality time with the hus–whom I had missed while I was gone, so that was REAL nice! :)

SO sad I’m going to be out of town on the 2nd, I would’ve done the Dash with ya’all (if you had still wanted me too. Haha).

Adri @FoodieBeFit May 18, 2012 at 9:39 am

I love those food festivals, love the small portions tasting. This was my pig-out fest last month http://foodiebefit.com/2012/04/03/im-at-it-again/
Have fun!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning May 18, 2012 at 9:47 am

When given the choice- I’m a morning workout girl. I am definitely at my best early in the morning AND getting a good sweat session in early prevents me from having to shower twice!
The Dirty Dash sounds so awesome! Like the team name too. :)

It was so good to hear your voice on the conference call (and your mom’s!!). I wanted to shout “HI JANEEEEEEETHA!!!!”
I’m tired today.

jessiker May 18, 2012 at 9:49 am

Loopholes is one of my favorite words. Overwhelmed is still #1.

Kim @ The Family Practice May 18, 2012 at 10:16 am

Alliteration! The blogger’s favorite friend.
I think I’m going to tastemaker’s tonight – at least I hope I am. I mentioned to Nick that I wanted to go and now he has a surprise thing planned for my birthday (today) so… cross your fingers! I just wanna eat!

Tiffany May 18, 2012 at 10:25 am

That Tastemakers event sounds awesome–have fun! Chobani is bomb, I love them so much. I’ve tried to give others companies a chance but all pale in comparison to the Cho.

I can workout whenever. On the weekends I tend to do it in the morning and get it out of the way whether it be the gym or hiking. However the gym is right in between my work and home so I go after work to break up the commute. It’s either sit in traffic for an hour or go to the gym, I think we all know the healthier option…..

Alicia Acord May 18, 2012 at 11:37 am

Mornings are hard!! I’m so motivated at nights to get up the next morning and workout but when 6 AM rolls around I am in NO shape to get up get going. snooze!

Allie Finch May 18, 2012 at 12:08 pm

oh man, & now i miss salt lake. tastemakers sounds awesome!

Tiffani @ Miles In Murray May 18, 2012 at 12:11 pm

My thrilling Thursday thing: The Fitmixer Boot Camp call!! I was so excited for it. Although I was quiet the whole time, I really enjoyed listening to the information and questions/replies :) My life sounds super exciting, right? haha

This week I have worked out after work @6PM, but I love getting up and getting my workout done before 6AM most days.

I wish I had paid attention to when the Tastemakers event was. I am babysitting and can’t go, but next time, I am there!

Megan (Braise The Roof) May 18, 2012 at 12:42 pm

That event sounds pretty amazing- I can’t wait to hear about it! I wonder if there’s an equivalent in Chicago.

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl May 18, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Overnight Choats. Nice!

Workouts: morning . But since I get my butt up that early, I go at noon. Which breaks up the monotony in my day. so it all works out. ;)

Liz May 18, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Thrilling thing: tried seitan for my first time! Went to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Denver and ordered their buffalo seitan wings, delicious! Morning workout for sure. I used to work out after work, but it really ate in to my social life. Now I wake up an extra hour early and go straight to the gym. I make sure I pack my workout bag and work bag the night before so all I have to do is grab and go. It does get easier waking up, I promise. It took me a solid month and a half, but not having to deal with the crowds and having every single night open to do whatever comes up is totally worth it in my book! And I have tons more energy since I get my endorphins started first thing!

Lisa May 18, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I love your team name, Sloppy Hoes, haha. Awesome. I totally wish my grocery store contained Chobani, I’ve never tried the stuff before! I definitely love the morning workouts, but I work at night mostly, so I kind of have to get it done in the morning

kristen @ livinlifeinlouie May 18, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I have to work out in the morning, because I have no energy at the end of the day. Although, I have to work 12 hours today, and I am going to TRY to go tonight at 8pm after work. Say some prayers haha

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition May 18, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Chobani is a great company! They started my blog obsession

cookie May 19, 2012 at 8:51 am

All these people always talking about chobani and I will never know how it tastes because they don’t sell it in Germany. That sucks!