worth it.

by Janetha on May 7, 2012

in Uncategorized

one crazy idea (it was lindsay’s.)

a little convincing.

three girls.

NewImage

photo courtesy katie unger

six months of planning.

thousands of emails.

endless amounts of teamwork.

NewImage

lots of worrying.

a little bit of crying.

a smidgen of stress.

okay, more than a smidgen.

and it was all completely worth it!!

NewImage

photo courtesy lindsay wright

blend 2012 was, hands down, one of the best weekends of my entire life. the fact that it actually happened is quite surreal. i get this goofy grin on my face every time i think about any bit or piece from the wild, wonderful weekend.

i have hundreds of photos and you KNOW i am long winded.. so my recaps will come one by one throughout the week. but for now, i am taking a rest day. i don’t remember a time my body was this active. (move more in may like woah!)

my body needs a rest. my brain needs one even more. be back tomorrow to start telling you all about the past five days! plus, randy, penny, and marshall need some attention from little old me. i missed them!!!

thanks to everyone who came to blend 2012. it was the best. no, really!

NewImage

photo courtesy ashley mclaughlin photography

Q~

how was your weekend? any highlights or news? i miss you all–tell me what you’ve been up to.

Em (Wine and Butter) May 8, 2012 at 11:41 am

I had a wonderful weekend full of ribs, almond flour carrot cake and getting to meet Christiana from Dessert for Two. BUT I still wish I could have come to Blend as well… next year!!

meggi May 8, 2012 at 11:55 am

congrats on such a fun and successful weekend! :) so amazing what yall were able to put together!

This past weekend we got a group of friends together… started with dinnr at squatters, then movie and beer at Brewvies then drinks at our house …. followed by everyone waking up and rolling into Fiddlers for brunch. Then the pie and some shopping with a girlfriend. one of the most fun weekends i’ve had in a while! :)

Nicole C May 8, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Hello friend, welcome back! :) I love hearing all the positive comments about the retreat, I bet it was a blast! If I plan the month of May better hopefully I can go next year.

This weekend was non stop and I even went shopping for “work attire” and because of it, my feet hate my new heels. Only when I have events to go to will I wear them again.

Danica @ It's Progression May 8, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I keep hearing that there will be a 2013 Blend Retreat and I really want to be there! Everyone says they absolutely loved it!

Lisa May 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I’ve been reading all the recaps and it looks like it was SO much fun, I want to go next year! So glad you had a blast!!

Heather @ Better With Veggies May 8, 2012 at 2:31 pm

It was so awesome to finally meet you in person!!! You guys did a killer job on this weekend, I am still sore and that’s pretty awesome (obviously, I am not used to bootcamp or climbing mountains). I think we should do blend every weekend — or at least every 3 months. =)

Joyce May 8, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Just catching up on blog-reading today. My weekend? Ran my first ever half marathon at age 52 and came in 3 minutes under my personal goal time, thank you very much! :) So happy. Love reading your blog.

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run May 8, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Congrats to all three of you on a successful weekend! I keep hearing it was amazing, and I plan to be there next year!! So sad I missed it!

Alysa (InspiredRD) May 8, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Glad you had fun! Can’t wait to hear more about it. We didn’t do much last weekend, although we did get some “new” hand-me-down couches. Yay for that!

BroccoliHut May 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Can’t wait for the recaps!!
This past weekend was pretty momentous for me, as I graduated with my masters degree in nutrition. Yee-haw!

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness May 8, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Ahh I am SO happy for you <333 I cannot wait to hear all of the updates from you and all of the others who attended:) XOXO

Corrie Anne May 9, 2012 at 10:27 am

so glad it turned out so well. i’ve been seeing lots of glowing recaps!! :) it does kind of look like a super fun summer camp!! haha. i loved camp!! loved the guest post while you were gone.

Annie May 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Thank you for all the planning you did for Blend! It was so much fun. I really enjoyed meeting you in real life. :)