just like christmas.. but better.

by Janetha on May 2, 2012

in moves,product review

hey guys!

this post is going to be on the snappy side because i have lots to do in a little amount of time.. but i didn’t want to bail without saying goodbye!

things in meals & moves land are just like christmas today…

just like christmas morning, i woke up super early.

except i didn’t get to open presents.. i got to sweat my face off! i went to GPP at 6:30 am AGAIN today. freaking hoo-rah. who am i?

the workout was tough. it’s HELLth week at GPP so all the workouts are extra… fun? i was already sore from the first two days of HELLth week, so today’s workout was a little tricky to get through, but i did it. those thrusters were almost the death of me! but i love tic tocks and the ski squats, a new-to-me move, were really fun.

just like christmas, i wore new clothes.

when i was a kid, i always loved wearing new clothes on christmas day! i wore some new things today, except santa didn’t bring me these clothes.. i bought them myself.

mint dress: h&m
navy wedges: h&m
navy blazer: nordstrom rack (not new)
bracelets: h&m, aldo
necklace: target
coral belt: macy’s

just like christmas, i need a tan.

oh, wait, i always need a tan. all year long, not just in december. i am a whitey.

just like christmas, i ate cookies.

these ones. they are delicious. and, like, 120 calories for eight of them. and i don’t have a trader joe’s, so i ration them and only eat a few at a time. win-win.

they have a lemon variety that is good, too, but these are the best.

just like christmas, i ate a frittata.

okay, that’s not something i do every christmas.. but i did this past christmas and it was good! i have started making frittatas for an easy weeknight meal.

this one had roasted red, purple, and sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, green onion, feta, goat cheese, asiago, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. whew! lots of good stuff. i smothered it in ketchup after the photo and piled each bite onto the toast. yum.

just like christmas, i got a present.

cards!!! my buddy terry from eyefirst media designed and printed these GORGEOUS cards for me. aren’t they fantastic?

the details are what make me the happiest.. like the houndstooth pattern. swoon.

and the scannable QR (quick response) code that allows people to get to this landing page by scanning the box with their phone.

they did a great job!

thanks, guys!

eyefirst media is a local company that specializes in several things:

• print work (business cards, brochures, etc)
  • design (logos, blog headers, websites)
  • photo and video
they are super creative and have a great eye for design. as you can see, they’ve done a fantastic job with my cards. they’ve offered all meals & moves readers 25% off their services (just tell them i sent you!) to get started on a project, contact them using this form.
eyefirst media is also on twitter and facebook, so look them up! they’re fabulous!

oh.. and remember how we were talking about today being just like christmas? i saved the best for last.

just like christmas (eve), i am not going to be able to sleep because I AM SO FLIPPING EXCITED TO GO TO BLEND TOMORROW!

well, technically blend starts friday.. but i fly out in the morning and will finally be meeting katie & lindsay-my blend retreat partners in crime.

i better go pack!

hope to check in at least once while i am in colorado.. but if i don’t, just know i’ll be back. eventually. maybe.

Jentry Nielsen May 2, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I love those cards!!! So adorable, they did an amazing job!

And I am SOOO jealous you are going to blend! Lindsay is amazing, one year it is my goal to go!!! Hope you have so much fun! Travel safely :)

Janetha May 2, 2012 at 9:25 pm

That’s too bad you can’t make it to our retreat this year! You should definitely come next year. We already have a new location in mind and it will be great. Hope you can make it.

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning May 2, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I love those business cards- cant wait to snag one. :)
Those coconut thins are SO good- especially with vanilla ice cream and strawberries. They have ginger ones too!
I’m posting this from Colorado. :) safe travels tomorrow!! Xo

Destini May 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Looove the dress. And the barcode on the cards is a fantastic idea! Why have I never thought of that before for clients!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama May 2, 2012 at 11:55 pm

The business cards are awesome! I’m so sad I’m not going to BLEND to meet you all, but am so excited for you at the same time. :) Have soooo much fun and can’t wait to hear about it.

Neil May 3, 2012 at 12:06 am

Your cards are cool. I’ve never had any. Time to get on that. Thanks for the ref.

Have been going to ride my bike to work all week to get with movin in may. Nothing yet. Sore legs an excuse? How about damn sore ones? NO? OK.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures this weekend.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva May 3, 2012 at 2:37 am

Cute outfit…love the dress :) You know how you bought those awesome coloured jeans a little while back??? Well pretty colours have been popping up all over our shops and I snagged a pair of bright pink ones…swoon. Will have to take a snap and show ya. Hope you have a safe flight and a FABulous time at blend xox

erin aka eef May 3, 2012 at 5:44 am

sounds like a great day! I love those cards!

also, just like Christmas I mentioned you on my blog. Okay, that wasn’t just like Christmas… But whatever! I mentioned you named your blog well, you can see it here: http://eef-etc.com/2012/choosing-a-blog-name/

Erica May 3, 2012 at 5:53 am

Adore the dress and shoes- SO cute. Glad the workout was kick butt. Have SO much fun

Lauren May 3, 2012 at 5:57 am

Haha, that does sound just like Christmas…especially the new outfit. I love wearing my new clothes on Christmas morning.

Oh gosh girl, HAVE A BLAST at Blend!!!!! So sad I won’t be there but I’ll be waiting for an awesome recap <3

Tamara May 3, 2012 at 7:00 am

Have the best time, Janetha!!!! I’m sad that I can’t be there, but I’m looking forward to all the reports and recaps, especially yours and Dena’s (40 Fit in the Mitt), my fellow Michigander.

PS: Those TJ’s coconut thins are the best, I concur! Great with a hot cup of rooibos as an evening snack. Yum.

Calee (@chimes) May 3, 2012 at 7:12 am

those biz cards are awesome! I love houndstooth.

Also — I wish I got up early today to do my workout. I planned to, but just didn’t do it. I’m going to do it after I get off work today … you know, before I pack. ;) Still haven’t packed. Probably going to do that at 3 PM, about 2 hours after I originally planned to leave.

PPS I would KILL to have an H&M in Iowa. I would go broke. But it would rule. I did notice that Des Moines is getting a Whole Foods. Finally.

Alex @ therunwithin May 3, 2012 at 7:14 am

What cool cards, they did do a great job. I used to hate coconut but now I can’t get enough of it!

stephanie @cookinfanatic May 3, 2012 at 7:18 am

coconut cookies?! i need to find these asap!!

the delicate place May 3, 2012 at 7:30 am

mint is my fave color for spring! i hope blend goes amazingly well for you! i will be there in spirit!! i am covering for someone who is taking vacation next week and then i’m leaving !!! i couldn’t get off but i wish i could :)

love the houndstooth on your cards! i don’t have blog cards but i have my real work card so i feel kinda fancy now :)

Heather @ Better With Veggies May 3, 2012 at 7:36 am

Those cards are too cute & I love the page you made for the QR code! :) I got my first ever Blog business cards from MOO for this weekend – can’t wait to hand them out!! I really, really love the QR idea though…maybe the next batch?

Sara May 3, 2012 at 8:31 am

I’m in LOVE with the houndstooth pattern on your cards. It is the perfect touch. Maybe one day I’ll create a blog so I join all you lovely ladies at blend. It looks like a great time–have a blast!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 3, 2012 at 8:42 am

Cute cards! Have a blast! :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 3, 2012 at 9:23 am

I’m so jealous that you’re going to blend!!!! I’ll be there in spirit!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables May 3, 2012 at 9:49 am

jealous, have fun at the retreat!

jessiker May 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

Those cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooo cute.

Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness May 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

EEP! I’m so excited for you! Have fun at the Retreat! Next year, I am THERE!!

Way to go and hitting up the gym so early on to get that workout in. :)

You already knew I LOVED your outfit. You look adorable:)

Those cards look AWESOME! I need to think about doing some soon:P

Annette@FitnessPerks May 3, 2012 at 10:43 am

I am excited FOR you!! :) Have fun!

And I totally need cards…so I gotta check those guys out. Your cards look awesome!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed May 3, 2012 at 10:48 am

I feel very “American Psycho” shamed over the coolness of your business cards.

Amy May 3, 2012 at 11:57 am

yay cant wait to meet u this weekend!!!

btw, i love your cards…they look great!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

um. I love your cards. and you just reminded me I forgot my twitter handle on mine. eff.

SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!

Tiffany May 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Wow, those cards are pretty baller. Love the houndstooth!

So I have an idea…..breakfast Sunday is provided by the Cho. Lincoln loves the Cho (I have pictures as proof) therefore I should be able to bring him. I mean cmon, everyone will fall in love with him and we can put a Cho shirt on him and then you can break out your laptop and he can skype with Randy and Penny?

Yes? Maybe?

Sierra May 3, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I am kicking myself for not trying those coconut cookies when I was in the states. I saw them on the new food rack at TJ’s and I didn’t even look at the stats because they looked irresistible.

Carrie May 3, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Wow those cards are so gorgeous!

Lisa May 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Your day sounds absolutely fantastic! And your cards are the sweetest thing ever, I love that they have a scanning bar on them. How neat! Your outfit is also very cute! Have a great time at the retreat

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 3, 2012 at 9:48 pm

those cards are awesome! Mine came in and had not only a typo but I realized i forgot my twitter handle – what was I thinking? I ordered new ones but they haven’t made it in time. :(

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail May 3, 2012 at 11:29 pm

The cards look outstanding J! Have a blast at BLEND can’t wait to follow your instagram, tweets and updates!