short stories from the weekend.

by Janetha on April 16, 2012

in eating out,love life

once upon a time i met my friends at takashi for sushi and we waited for an hour and fifteen minutes for a table.

luckily we all have draw something on our phones to keep us occupied.

half of our party got tired of waiting and they split, so that left just three of us for dinner.

the end.

once upon a time me and my two remaining ladyfriends shared edamame and six fabulous rolls of sushi between us.

we ate everything except one single piece.  we just couldn’t do it.

the end.

once upon a time i saw a dude at takashi wearing a polkadog bakery tshirt!

this was random because it’s a dog treat bakery back east that i did a review for awhile ago.

i was a total creeper and took his photo. but then i decided to talk to him. his name was jason and i’m fairly certain he was quite intoxicated.

the end.

once upon a time i went to the what a woman wants show and worked at the fitmixer booth.

we gave out lots of tasty amino samples.

and we told people all about the upcoming fitmixer bootcamp!

it was so much fun. more on that later.

the end.

once upon a time there was an 8-week-old puppy at the booth next to us.

i squealed. several times.

the end.

once upon a time a girl came to the fitmixer booth and we started talking about gluten free baking. i told her about my cookies from friday, and then she whipped out some cookies of her own!

she even let me try one. it was DELICIOUS! maybe she is reading.. and will offer up her recipe. here’s hoping!

the end.

once upon a time momma b met me at the expo.

she signed up for the boot camp and bought some grape fitmixer. then we posed.

we decided to walk around the expo. i bought some jewelry and a tank top. then we passed a teeth whitening booth and decided to go for it. everyone loves whiter teeth!

imageimage

it worked out well.

the end.

once upon a time i went to nordstrom rack and bought green pants.

i wore them to work today. my boss made fun of me. true story. oh well, i like them!

the end.

once upon a time i went to citris grill for dinner. i ordered a pizza with caramelized onions, mushrooms, gorgonzola, and mozzarella. and i said to hell with worrying about protein. i talked about that in this video.

it was a very, very delicious choice.

the end.

once upon a time i saw the cabin in the woods.

image (source)

to be honest, it wasn’t the best flick. but the company was good.

so was the popcorn.

the end.

once upon a time marshall bought a harley.

oh, did you miss my video announcing that? you can see it here.. around minute 8.

i am excited for him!! and i am excited to ride on the back. but please refrain from calling me a biker babe. kay?

the end.

once upon a time i finally decided to make dinner at home.

that was sunday night. we had filet mignon, roasted fingerling potatoes, and asparagus. it was amazing, costco has the best filets.

the end.

YOUR TURN! give me one short story from the weekend.

Kait April 17, 2012 at 11:49 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pants! And that puppy. I want him now.

Once upon a time I went to Worcester VegFest and shook T. Colin Campbell’s hand…and proceeded to have heart palpitations and jelly legs for a good 10 minutes after.

THE END!

Tiffany April 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Ok, I love Randy in the background of the Harley bike. That bike is hot!!!

Diggin the green pants, I’m green with envy (haha get it?) that I can’t wear colored pants. It’s all black for me in any effort to disguise my fat legs.

Lisa April 17, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Love your pants! Once upon a time I just bought a pair of purple jeans this weekend. The end. Okay, and gotta add those dogs are so adorable! Have a great Tuesday!!xo

Katie April 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

When I go out to sushi with my in-laws, they bring out BOATS full of sushi. Those little Asians just stare at us and can’t believe we consume that much food in one sitting, but we CAN and we love it.

natasha April 17, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Once upon a time I read Janetha’s blog and saw Randy dog eying (sp?) Marshal’s Harley and pizza missing the red sauce (that and the crust is my favorite part!!!).

Cheers (:

Calee (@chimes) April 17, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Had to say it: Once upon a time I grammar faux-pas-ed on instagram and this silly girl called me out on it … and I had drank one too many (read ONE) margaritas to realize what it was I did.

True story.

Also — my friend had a HUGE b-day party at the Cheesecake Factory once (2006?) and we waited almost 3 hours for a table (ie. half of the place) for the 20+ of us. Nobody left, but in the meantime, a bunch of them drug me to Forever 21 and made me try on hideous outfits to try to disprove the fact that I look cute in everything. There were one-piece-jumpsuits and suspenders involved.

And Harleys scare me. I’ve only ridden a motorcycle once … but I’ve got two close friends with bad stories that scare the bejesus out of me (I’m not going to share because I don’t want you worried for the hubs … and I’m always entirely too superstitious).

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I love your short stories! And I knew you were going to say your boss made fun of your pants. Knew it!

Janet April 17, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Once upon a time, my husband had to work while I had the day off. I spent the day snuggling and ruuning with my beloved dog Bean, and then wandered 5 (yes, 5!) grocery stores studying all sorts of random food products.

…and blew the food budget :)

Janetha April 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm

That sounds like my kind of day!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats April 17, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I want that dog and your pants! :)

Deb April 18, 2012 at 1:40 am

I puffy heart your short stories. The end.

Britne @ Shabbott's Habits April 18, 2012 at 8:32 am

Once upon a time I took a Hollywood Stunts Class in NYC. It entailed jumping off a three-story scaffold. Wild and fun – all at the same time!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss April 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

WELL. I happen to have skinnies in that color green. AND I LOVE THEM. you tell those people to shove it. they’re what’s what right now. ;)

Annette@FitnessPerks April 18, 2012 at 10:12 am

Your pizza looks delicious!! And I WANT to try fitmixer!

Once upon a time I did laundry–4 loads— at my in-laws house on a Saturday afternoon, and ended up getting dinner with them too. It was so fun. The end.

Oh, and I LOVE those green pants!!

jessiker April 18, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I love these short stories! Format is baller, Janether.