#marchphotoaday

by Janetha on April 2, 2012

in Uncategorized

the bad news: my lemon coconut protein cheesecakes didn’t set up to the consistency i wanted them to.

the good news: they taste amazing and after 10 minutes in the freezer they are a perfect protein treat.

the bad news: i don’t plan to share the recipe until i get it right.

the good news: i WILL get it right.. eventually.. and will then share the recipe.

the bad news: i called in sick to work today.. but still went in for an hour.

the good news: i went to the doctor and he gave me cough medicine with codeine.

the bad news: the bottle is kinda small…

the good news: i just barely took some and it’s already kicking in.

the bad news: i just ate my last coconut popsicle. it was my 7th popsicle today.. no big deal.

the good news: i bought three boxes of popsicles at the store while filling my prescriptions.

the bad news: i am running out of good news and bad news and this post is probably gonna be real lame.

the good news: i successfully completed the march photo a day challenge on instagram!

the bad news: that’s the extent of my content for the day.. aside from the codeine and popsicle rambles above.

the good news: you can stop reading at any time.

here’s the recap of #marchphotoaday. if you already follow me on instagram.. bad news: this post is nothing new. come back tomorrow!

here was the assignment:

NewImage

and my take on each day.. you will see that my dogs take up most of my instagram feed.. ha.

1: up
i have to set three alarms and i still don’t wake up on time!

2: fruit
i love my fruit basket that has a banana hanger. it’s from bed, bath & beyond.

3: my neighborhood
i live in meadow crossing, but there are no meadows in sight!

4: bedside
penny always steals my bedside!

5: a smile
penny was super stoked to get to daycare that morning.. grinning ear to ear.

6: 5pm
right after picking them up from daycare.. they passed out IMMEDIATELY.

7: something you wore
earrings from peach treats, deodorant, toms, and my engagement/wedding ring (fun fact, i didn’t get a wedding band because i don’t want to have the chance of losing more than one ring.)

8: window
i work at a window company so this was perfect! this was the view out my window–a photo of a bunch of windows being made!

9: red
always hitting the red lights that day.

10: loud
the tattoo machines at the convention were super loud. buzzzzzzz.

11: someone you talked to today
my brother in law, brad. he works at gold’s.

12: fork
this was a bad day.. stick a fork in me, i’m done.

13: a sign
sure sign doggy daycare did its job.. randy was pooped.

14: clouds
self explanatory.

15: car
my car needed a bath!

16: sunglasses
marshall gave me these von zippers on our first dating anniversary back in 2008. awe.

17: green
lots of green in my costco cart!

18: a corner of your home
favorite corner.

19: funny
my mom is hilarious.. she was sore from our pull-up competition and this was her whining. for heroin.

20: before & after
before getting ready for work.. after getting ready for work. clearly not much effort that day.

21: delicious
these are a great bedtime snack! good thing they are gone now because i had zero self control with them.

22: kitchen sink
kinda boring…

23: moon
couldn’t see the moon that night, so i posted these did de los muertos statues we got on our honeyMOON. clever.

24: an animal
this animal was BEAT from his walk.

25: breakfast
scrambled eggs with parmesan, sourdough toast (one with butter, one with jam) and my weekly sunday coffee in my squid mug.

26: key
picked my car up from the body shop that day! happy to have my keys back.

27: your name
i promised you my name is one of a kind. NOBODY else has it.

28: trash
i love the simply bar! i am trying not to eat in my car now that it’s detailed (i paid a good chunk of change to have it done) but i couldn’t resist that day.. but i did make sure to take my trash out of the car!

29: feet
i hate human feet.. but LOOOOVE doggy feet. so cute. and they smell like corn chips and/or popcorn at all times.

30: toy
i was at babies’r’us getting a baby shower gift.  funny, most people in my instagram feed commented that they thought these were dog toys. i don’t do babies!

31: where you relax
yep, the grocery store! marshall even went with me on saturday.

and that’s that!

april’s photo a day challenge has already started. you guys should do it! if you don’t have instagram, you can always participate on facebook or twitter.

here’s the assignment:

happy photographing!

Q~

what was the last thing you photographed?

Cait @ Cait Hates Cake April 2, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I just took a picture of the ACE group fitness training books that I got in the mail today! Excited to get started!

Tina @ Best Body Fitness April 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm

The photo a day things always look so fun! But I’m so bad about pictures these days!

Betty April 2, 2012 at 6:58 pm

My (your) cauliflower pizza crust!

Meggi April 2, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Fun! I love dog feet too! Human feet? Gross. I totally relate on the name thing… My name is also unique. A lot of people have it as a nickname but when they find out it is my real, God-given name they are shocked! And the spelling is weird. My in-laws and friends constantly misspell it! ha!

I was going to do the April challenge but think I will wait and see what May’s challenge has in store instead :)

meg April 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Hee hee. I love doggy feet and how they smell too! My husband thinks I’m a weird-o, which is probably true.

Stacy Stevens April 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Not to be all creepy or anything, but I grew up in Meadow Crossing. My sister still lives there with her husband and kiddo. Also, my cousin and her family live there too. Small world. :)

Janetha April 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Not creepy at all!

Erica April 2, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Hang in there!!! Mas popsicles! Love all of the pictures involving randy ;). I just photographed wonton soup!

jen April 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

my fancy pants (dirty 30!) birthday dessert i split with friends at audrey clair restaurant in philly on saturday. chocolate lava cake with homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries with a candle from the waitress. totally meant to be photographed!

Em (Wine and Butter) April 2, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Clearly I need to follow you on Instagram. Most of my photos are of my dog too!! I sometimes try to get Louis to take photos of me, but then I’m unsatisfied with the way I look and yell at him for failing to capture my clearly slightly hidden beauty… Ahh marriage!
I also photo loads of food so I think my last photo was a slightly suspect looking one of banana smothered in nut butter.

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean April 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm

oh man, codeine is the ONLY thing that helps me when i get a cough, which is every single time I get sick. my tolerance is so high that it doesn’t even make me tired anymore :)

Jessie April 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

The photo a day thing sounds fun – I think I’m going to start :)

Mary Legare Whaley April 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Ha! You are too funny. The last thing I photographed (but didn’t record anywhere though I thought I would later) was the ICU at the hospital where my dad was living this weekend. Scary story. An artery in his esophagus exploded and he needed a blood transfusion and all sorts of crazy sh*t! Totally threw me for a loop. I only share this because he’s okay right now, totally out of ICU. But hospitals are so photogenic. I was morbidly taken shots left and right. But I scared myself and deleted everything. The last not hospital related thing I shot was my car right after it rolled through the car wash on Saturday. It rained about 15 minutes later. Can’t win for losing…sigh.

Janetha April 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Oh my goodness! Glad the story has a happy ending <3

Shady April 2, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Am I only the one that finds it hilarious that you eat chocolate covered espresso beans as a BEDTIME snack! I can’t drink coffee or coke or caffeinated tea after about 2 PM or else I will spend the night tossing and turning.

Janetha April 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Oh man, coffee and caffeine doesn’t affect me at all. I can drink a few cups and go right to bed!

elise April 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

im glad you learned from me. codeine and a sick day may save you from the torture im now going through…

Missy April 2, 2012 at 9:18 pm

My last photo I took was for today’s #colour. I love all of your photoaday pics! And even though Ive seen them all already , I still enjoy seeing them again! And I love how you said ” while filling me prescriptions” – LOL, now I am going to be talking like Derek (or
Davy Jones) all night! :)
Can’t wait for the “perfected” recipe!
Hope you are better soon.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) April 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm

LOL! Davey jones has a TOTALLY different accent than Derek! That’s like comparing a new yorker and a californian or southern accent hee hee!

Averie @ Averie Cooks April 2, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Sorry you’re sick and that you still ended up going into work AND to the doctor. I have got to be on my deathbed to go to the dr. b/c it’s such a time and energy waste (usually) and takes half the day when I could just be at home on the couch or in bed. Being sick is the pits…I hope you get well soon!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Probably one of the million pictures of Weston…I can’t get enough!

Lisa April 2, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Such a fun challenge. I laughed out loud at your stick a fork in my, I’m done picture!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 2, 2012 at 10:11 pm

LOVE the sunglasses!! You look so cute.

Also, i laughed pretty hard about the fork in your head. Haha. you’re SO clever!

Kelly @ No Sugar Sweet Life April 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm

My lunch at the “hip” downtown Denver breakfast eatery called “Snooze” :)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama April 3, 2012 at 12:00 am

I really need to get on that photo a day thing. I always forget. This post is so not lame- good news! :) can’t wait for the recipe of those cheesecake bars.

Miz April 3, 2012 at 4:14 am

ooh my fave is the pic of your HONEYMOON STATUES.

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 3, 2012 at 5:15 am

I love this recap! I’ve been wanting to try this photo a day thing but I feel like I would never remember. I should try it though. It’s cool to reflect back on your month. Love that your name is unique! We are unique name twins :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 3, 2012 at 7:03 am

I love puppy feet too – especially when they’re young and the pads are still perfectly soft. :)

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl April 3, 2012 at 7:06 am

I love these photo-a-day challenges, but I always forget about them until it’s a few days in, and I also don’t have instagram because I am an android user. Sigh. I’ll just live vicariously through yours. :)

Krissie J @ A Philly Nerd Girl April 3, 2012 at 10:25 am

And after typing that comment, Instagram releases its Android app. I guess I have no excuse now! :)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning April 3, 2012 at 7:06 am

I love the whole collections of photos from the challenge- and you look so pretty in your “after” photo- cute outfit!
I didn’t know you were a Subaru driver!! What kind of car do you drive? Us Subaru owners are just a little more awesome than everyone else. (Truth be told, I traded in my cute sportier car for an Outback when I got my dogs- but I LOVE it.)
Also- you were in my dream. We were at Blend, and I found out that you had been lying about your height, and were more like 5’10”. And in fact, everyone there was super tall. It was weird. But I do like that I’m starting to have dreams about Blend. It’s not far off now!!

Janetha April 5, 2012 at 11:49 am

I have a WRX Wagon and Marshall has a WRX 4 door. We are Subaru whores.

Allison Brill April 3, 2012 at 8:33 am

I set about 5 alarms every morning…and still usually end up hitting snooze on the last one a few times! I’m definitely NOT a morning person :)

Calee (@chimes) April 3, 2012 at 8:51 am

Love that you didn’t get a wedding band b/c you thought you might lose it. I’m worried about getting an engagement ring because I swear I lose all my rings.

Also — love all the sleepy doggie photos. Your pups are great!

Calee (@chimes) April 3, 2012 at 8:51 am

P to the S Feel better soon! Being sick sucks.

Korrin April 3, 2012 at 9:15 am

I love the dog paws (feet?) comment!!!! Dog paws totally smell like corn chips! Our girl is named Tika so we call her Tortika chip sometimes :)

julie April 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

once you go secret clinical you never go back right?

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 3, 2012 at 9:50 am

Feel better soon, Janetha!! <3

Katie April 3, 2012 at 10:09 am

I love hanging out and going grocery shopping with Meeker. It IS relaxing.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail April 3, 2012 at 10:11 am

I have to step up my Photoaday game! You are seriously creative and I do hope you are feeling better!

Cooper takes up a majority of my pics too. :) Does your hubby get jealous? Mine calls Coopy #1. ha!

the delicate place April 3, 2012 at 10:15 am

is it normal in utah to live in plans of homes that have names? we have neighborhoods around here but they aren’t sequestered into little communities like that. interesting! i love that you have a m&m bumper sticker!! free adverts ftw!

the last thing i photographed was a bowl spicy shrimp gumbo. it will be up shortly, it was so tasty!

colleenzo April 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm

The last photo I took was of my guest bedroom. I finally finished redecorating it, and I wanted to show it off!

beth April 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm
Janetha April 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

Haha.. funny, because I was named after an attorney named Janetha Hancock (she died.)

Katie @ Nutrition in a Peanut Shell April 3, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Ah this looked like so much fun, and I love all the pictures you took! I want to take part in April, but I have this weird complex about starting from the beginning. So maybe May :)

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident April 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Those are awesome, super creative pictures! I enjoyed looking at all of them. AND i enjoyed the good news, bad news section. It made me LOL! :)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) April 3, 2012 at 8:52 pm

ya know maybe I[ll do a recap of my photo a day for march too I’ll have to see if that would be like inventing fire getting all those photos onto picasa etc. I loved seeing your photos again- I think I missed one or two.

Darn about the cheesecake things- they looked amazing and creamy- yes in the freezer- share the recipe with me for freezer use ok. Fell better luvie.

Megan April 4, 2012 at 2:05 pm

In photo #20 (before and after) Where did you get your boots?! They are too cute.

Janetha April 4, 2012 at 2:09 pm