A to Z.

by Janetha on March 9, 2012

in random rambles

do you ever wonder where circulating surveys come from? i mean, they catch on like wild fires around the interwebs.. but they have to originate somewhere, right?

this one originated here. yep. and if you want to fill it out on your own blog, i made a template.. click!

here we go!

A is for age: 28.. i will be 29 soon, though. and then i will be 30. oh man.. when did that happen? i am practically over the hill!

B is for breakfast today: a banana with peanut butter, ~1/3 cup of tempting trail mix, and juice. this one was carrot, spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, orange juice. one for home, one for the road. it made a whole lot.

oh, by the way, right as i was backing out of my garage, i spilled the juice all over in my car, more specifically between the middle console and the driver’s seat. yes. that’s right. i will be paying for an auto detail this weekend. FML.

C is for currently craving: cereal. when am i not?!? granola would work, too. either or.

D is for dinner tonight: still up in the air, but i am thinking either mardi gras mac & cheese or getting some chipotle to go. yeah, probably gonna be chipotle with the way my week has gone!

E is for favorite type of exercise: i love lifting weights the most.. specifically legs and shoulders! i also love to snowboard. that counts.

F is for an irrational fear: being buried alive. don’t ask me why, but i think about it all the time. i also have an irrational fear of dropping my wedding ring in the vitamix or garbage disposal while they’re turned on. i am a weird one.

G is for gross food: i have actually come to love all foods over the years! i hated lots of things earlier in life: raisins, hot dogs, mustard, squash… but now i will honestly eat anything. yes, even hot dogs if i am camping and they’re cooked over a fire, but i don’t love them.  OH.. one thing that is gross is mixing cottage cheese with fruit or fruity yogurt. i can’t hang.

H is for hometown: bountiful, utah. sadly, i still live just one town away.. i wish i lived somewhere more exciting.

I is for something important: family dinners.

and, apparently in our family, corn is also very important.

J is for current favorite jam: the whole new fun. album, some nights! it’s so good.

K is for kids: no human ones, the jury is still out on those. but i do have two furry kiddos as you all know.

L is for current location: still in utah. more specifically, in my kitchen, sitting at the counter. i like it in here.

M is for the most recent way you spent money: i went to target last night and managed to keep it under $100! i spent $50 on various items including: ravioli, asparagus, bananas, greeting cards, three types of digestive aids, and this new bar that i ate at work today:

zone came out with a minimal ingredient bar and it cost a buck, so i nabbed it. it has 10 grams of protein, but 200 calories and 20 grams of carbs (16 from sugar) so i probably won’t buy this one regularly.. but it was a nice treat. it tasted as good as you’d imagine (if you like coconut, that is.)

N is for something you need: a maid. or just someone to fold and hang my clean clothes. i despise it. okay, okay.. maybe that is just a WANT. you know what i NEED? a good night’s sleep. i have been going to sleep after midnight every night this week. that’s GOT to stop. i think a good night’s sleep will be easier to get than a maid, anyway…

O is for occupation: i slang windows for a living. well, no.. not exactly. but i manage a window company and do their books and deal with customers and all that jazz. if you are in need of vinyl replacement windows, i am your girl.

P is for pet peeve: the sounds made when eating and drinking. i absolutely, positively cannot handle loud chewing. or gulping. i actually have to leave the room. i wish this didn’t bother me so much.. it’s quite inconvenient.

Q is for a quote:

untitled

R is for random fact about you: i can blow bubbles off the tip of my tongue. fun! i will spare you a photo. or a video, for that matter.

S is for favorite healthy snack: savory.. cottage cheese with popchips or akmak crackers. sweet.. apple cinnamon chobani with granola dumped sprinkled on top. i also am a big fan of smearing a rice cake with sunflower seed butter and putting cottage cheese on top. random, but delicious!

photo

penny and randy like sunbutter, too. like, A LOT.

photo

T is for favorite treat: nielsen’s frozen custard. all day, every day.

U is for something that makes you unique: i have a titanium rod + pins in my left arm.

V is for favorite vegetable: that’s so hard! i have come to love vegetables in my old age (see also: A and G.) let’s go with asparagus. or mushrooms. or bell peppers. crap, i can’t pick.

W is for today’s workout: workout? umm.. yeah.. one of those didn’t happen today. whoops! there is always tomorrow.

X is for X-rays you’ve had: what X-rays haven’t i had? most recently, my nose, since i broke it on christmas eve. i have had several other X-rays, but can’t be bothered to list them (see also: U.)

Y is for yesterday’s highlight: definitely the after dinner bowl of cereal paired with family time and a new series: game of thrones. it was all so good. and yes, most of my highlights revolve around food..

Z is for your time zone: mountain.. and i CANNOT WAIT FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME this weekend. love it when it stays light later!

and that’s that. want to play along? get the template and fill the survey out on your blog.

so.. what are your weekend plans? we are heading to the salt lake tattoo convention. maybe i will get a tattoo on my face. other than that, not much is on the agenda.

your turn! pick the letters from your initials and answer those in the comments below!

Amanda March 11, 2012 at 5:04 am

We have the same pet peeve. I never thought somebody else would be as irked as I am with loud chewing and gulping. How about slurping with the gulping??? I could claw my eyes out! The worst part is that my fiance has been slurping & gullping his sierra mist lately…….I could scream.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 11, 2012 at 7:56 am

E- Most recently, my favorite form of exercise is strength training. I love mixing it into my usual cardio routine. I also like taking walks outside, which is exactly what I’m going to do today!

K- I don’t have kids, but I would love to have them in the future. I’m getting married in July, and we want to wait at least a couple of years, so we can enjoy some time to ourselves!

Shannon March 11, 2012 at 11:03 am

i am sitting at the kitchen table reading this and eating granola… out of the bag. that is all.

oh, and i’m coming to utah in may!

jessie ann james March 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hey girl! just found your site! I think I follow you on instagram too! I also grew up in UTah! woot for the utah natives! love what you have here! feel free to check me out too! I just put our blog in my reader:)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 11, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Totally using this–LOVE!!

A-age, 27
P- pet peeve :SLOW drivers. Drives me BONKERS crazy.

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl March 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm

I Love your kitchen!

So what about mixing Cottage Cheese with Oatmeal? Its so good and I don’t even care for cottage cheese! ;)

Miz March 12, 2012 at 3:32 am

Im C(riminey could i really be that much older than you?!) B(ecause I feel like Im 16).

:-)

Joy March 12, 2012 at 4:03 am

I played the whole thing :-)

Lindsey March 12, 2012 at 6:03 am

location: philadelphia. at work. at my desk. boring.
need: a new toilet seat…strange, i know. it’s just time.
craving: an everything bagel with cream cheese
peeve: the sound of crumply bags when someone’s eating chips, or candy, or anything. i want to smack it out of their hands.

wait, wait….i want to change my “need” to, i NEED to see another picture of penny and randy’s bug eyes like when they’re eating the sunbutter. i mean “bug eyes” as a total compliment to them…i think it’s freaking hilarious when i give my gloria some people food and she gets crazy eyes..i swear they grow three sizes. ha!

janetha March 12, 2012 at 8:49 am

Hahaha dude I know. Crazy eyes are the best! Oh and so are everything bagels (toasted) with cream cheese. YUm.

Carly March 12, 2012 at 6:49 am

I love this thing! Just filled out your survey, so I’m stealing this answers from myself:

C – No big cravings, since I’m still in the process of eating my breakfast, but I have been dreaming about the Tuna Tataki Roll from O-Ku.

J – David Guetta and Snoop – Sweat. This gets me motivated right now.

M – Grocery shopping. Sunday food run.

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy March 12, 2012 at 7:57 am

I love this! Totally doing it. Thanks for the template – you’re awesome.

LG March 12, 2012 at 8:16 am

L – Location – Calgary
M – Most recent way I’ve spent money – on the DVD set of episode 4,5,6 of the Star Wars Trilogy. We never buy DVDs but I’ve borrowed these from the library several times when my nephew visits, but it’s just time that we had our own set because they are tough to get from the library even!
G – Gross food – shrimp. I can’t handle the texture. And mayonnaise. Creamy gross-ness and not worth the calories.

Heather @ Better With Veggies March 12, 2012 at 8:31 am

I love these surveys!! Thanks for sharing the template, that makes it even easier to use later this week!

H is for hometown: A small town just outside of New Orleans, so I usually just say New Orleans (it’s easier).

B is for Breakfast: Today was the last (sniff!) homemade poptart (using Mama Pea’s recipe) and a breakfast smoothie that hubby made – have no idea what was in it. :)

Karen March 12, 2012 at 9:27 am

I love that you started a blog survey!

K: i have two kids – they are twins
E: it would be a tie between running and strength training – both are awesome
K: see above – still only two kids : )

XLMIC March 12, 2012 at 10:52 am

whoa…that break looks super scary! I must’ve missed the story on how that happened. Does the titanium rod trouble you at all? I sure hope it doesn’t. Will you have it always and forever?

M – most recent way I spent money was taking my daughter to see The Lorax movie.
R – random fact about me…today we’ll use the ‘only child who now finds herself in a family of 12 (10 kids, 2 adults).’
S – snack of the moment would be cup of almonds, cashews, and raisins.

janetha March 12, 2012 at 11:28 am

It’ll be in there forever, yep. Unless I want to take it out, but the recovery from that is pretty brutal so unless it bugs me, I will just leave it.

In Utah, big families like that are the norm.. tonnnns of kiddos!

Thanks for swinging by!!

Kelly March 12, 2012 at 11:20 am

I used the whole template on my blog, you’ll have to check it out :)

K is for kids: Babycakes – 19 months old TODAY. I didn’t realize how completely life changing motherhood would be, but I love who I’m becoming and love my little munchkin soooooooooo much and watching her grow, laugh, and find delight in this crazy world.

L is for current location: In my office. Door closed. Having my “lunch” – no actual eating, just blogging :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I love Cabot’s reduced fat products – always delicious and high quality. I find them at Walmart at a decent price.

Ro @ Eat Live Move March 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm

R: I met all of my favorite artists…Jill Scott, Glen Hansard, The Head and the Heart, and a famous MJ impersonator. RIP MJ!
O: I work in education and blog on the side.

Great post!

Maureen March 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm

LOVE this! I totally borrowed this idea for my blog! Thanks for sharing such cool stuff. :)

Teri {a foodie stays fit} March 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

T – a great cookie and/or glass of wine

Z – time zone: EST! Sometimes wish it were MST!

Raquel @ Toned, Tan, Fit & Techie March 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Love it! What a great survey to get to know other bloggers! I just completed myself on my blog! And I eat popchips and dip them in cottage cheese! I am a savory girl too! yum!

Taryn @ TheFitFlosser March 13, 2012 at 11:32 pm

I filled out the survey on my own blog and it was really fun! Great job Janetha!

Paula Kemp March 15, 2012 at 7:21 am

Hi Janetha, thank you for the fun survey, I have also put the survey on my blog if you would like to take a look at my answers :). Your “Kids” look very similar to mine ;)

Emily B March 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I have the same pet peeve! It is very inconvenient but I can’t help it.

Kait March 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Some nights is my new jam…I absolutely LOVE it!

Aimee March 21, 2012 at 6:47 am

2 things. None of which have to do with any of my initials. :) I’m a rebel like that.

1. I love that your random fact is you can blow bubbles off the tip of your tongue. I can too. I used to get in trouble when I was little because it’s kind of gross.
2. I am posting today about that very toasted coconut bar I see on this page.
3. I love this survey.

I guess that was 3 things. I can’t count. Guess that’s why I’m not a math teacher.