#febphotoaday.

by Janetha on February 29, 2012

in random rambles

hey there! happy leap day. is anyone celebrating their birthday today? if so, i would love to hear what you think of having leap day as a birthday. it’s just another normal day for me.. i had a long day at work and then a blizzard decided to happen, so i decided to skip the gym, eat trail mix, drink tea, and fold laundry. i hate folding laundry, but the thought of venturing into the cold to go to the gym sounded even less appealing. laundry it is!

tonight’s post is more for me than for you.. but hey, it’s something.

if you follow me on instagram, you may want to skip this one. actually, you all may want to skip this one because it’s not going to be all that exciting. however, i want it in the ol’ archives for my own selfish reasons.. so that’s that.

for the month of february, i participated in a photo-a-day challenge on instagram.

sometimes i cheated and posted two things for the day, but i usually stuck to just the one. click to enlarge.

imageimage
image image
image image
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

next up is #marchphotoaday…

who’s in?

oh! could you all do my reader friend eliza a favor? she is in the running to win the wedding of her DREAMS. if you could click here and just click the fifth gold star under the rating, that would be super. thanks!

what is the last thing you took a photo of?

where was the last place you had your photo taken?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 29, 2012 at 8:22 pm

LOVE IT! I did Feb Photo a Day too! (you’ll see my recap tomorrow) ;)

Momma b February 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm

I’m in! I was just photographed at Sunny Jim Cave in LaJolla with some grand daughters. I took some photos of the girls smiling through a shark’s jaw

Brooke @ Exercise For Fries February 29, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Definitely in. March is my favorite month, gotsta document it!

Britta February 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I’ve been trying to figure out instagram. In!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats February 29, 2012 at 8:39 pm

The last thing I took a photo of was my egg whites covered in peanut butter and cinnamon. Mmm. :) I want to do March photo a day but I don’t have instagram. Regular phone pics will just have to work. lol.

eliza February 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Awesome Janetha! Thank you again!! :)

Your vitamix pic makes me mighty jealous!

Franzi February 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I wish instagram would be available for android phones.. The last pics taken of me (and my fiancé) were our engagement photos and the last thing I took a photo of are the wine bottles that we bottled for our wedding! :) March is my favorite month too, because my birthday is on the 28th, and I’m getting married on the 24th. Very excited! :) Love your blog!

Janetha February 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Happy birthday and wedding month!

tj February 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I love Instagram! I did the febphotoaday & have March one as my wallpaper and ready to get to snapping!

Janetha February 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

WHAT is your username? I am not sure if I follow you!

tj February 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I follow you…but I don’t think you are following me.
tjstestkitchen :)

Jackie @ That Deep Breath February 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm

This looks like fun! I think I’ll participate in the March one. It’ll be a good way to start taking more pictures again!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 29, 2012 at 10:00 pm

is anyone celebrating their birthday today? = yes, a little girl at my daughter’s school…I was pondering how this works?! As an adult, it’s one thing, but how do you explain to a child their real bday technically only comes around 1x every 4 yrs…

Jennyb March 1, 2012 at 12:49 am

Just another reason to get an Iphone….. I hope this new job works out so i will have enough money for one :)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama March 1, 2012 at 12:58 am

I need to be better about the whole instagram thing. I’m still new at it. All your pictures inspire me though. :) Last picture I took was of my roasted cauliflower dinner. Oops and not on instagram.
PS- I love that your mom comments on your blog. I basically have to beg my mom to read mine. LOL. :)

janetha March 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

My mom was my very first reader!

Marie March 1, 2012 at 2:17 am

I loved day 21! ;) I also rated/voted. :)

eliza March 1, 2012 at 6:58 am

thanks Marie :)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 1, 2012 at 2:26 am

Last thing i took a picture of was my dinner…teriyaki (homemade sauce) stir fry recipe coming soon! The last place I had my picture taken was in a parking lot with my bestie….we got all snap happy before i had to leave for the airport and come home

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva March 1, 2012 at 2:27 am

Btw…tomorrow is national peanut butter day….i’m so excited lol

janetha March 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

Yes! Me too! And national fruit compote day.

nicole@ makinggoodchoices March 1, 2012 at 4:17 am

clicked the rating! love your pics of the day! i just may participate in march!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen March 1, 2012 at 4:46 am

What a great idea. I might have to do this in a non-instagram fashion…silly droid. ;)

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 1, 2012 at 5:36 am

I still don’t understand instagram. Maybe you could do a post on how to use it? I have it on my phone but I just have no clue what to do with it. The last picture I took a picture of was of my shoes. :)

janetha March 1, 2012 at 11:50 am

Good idea.. maybe I will sometime!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 1, 2012 at 6:04 am

i’m in! just emailed that list to myself so i don’t forget…because let’s face it, i’m kind of forgetful these days :)

Sierra March 1, 2012 at 6:12 am

This RECAP is awesome. You have to look at this and be proud.

Kellie March 1, 2012 at 6:16 am

I TRIED to do the photo a day on instagram… fail. oh well. maybe next time. loved yours, especially when they included the pooches :)

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy March 1, 2012 at 6:20 am

Since my phone broke and I am scared to use it as there are jagged shards of glass poking off of it, I’ve been an insta-slacker lately and I am literally going through withdrawal. It’s pretty awful how addicted I am to instagram. Awful in the most wonderful way.

SaraB March 1, 2012 at 6:37 am

I voted :) I am also doing the #Marchphotoaday!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 1, 2012 at 6:54 am

such a great video. voted! hope they get it.

eliza March 1, 2012 at 6:58 am

thank girly :) so much appreciation right now!

Debbie (Accidently Delish) March 1, 2012 at 7:10 am

i saw this all over twitter and am totally doing it!! i think it will be so much fun!!

is there something we submit it to? or just post them? and tag them?

julie March 1, 2012 at 7:38 am

can’t waaaaaaaait for this challenge! already played today haha

Alaina March 1, 2012 at 8:16 am

What a fun challenge! I normally don’t blog daily, but I wanted to take this month to do that (my birthday is this month!) and I think this is a great way to have fun with my posts! :-)

Carly March 1, 2012 at 8:23 am

Loving the owl catch-all! :)

Coley March 1, 2012 at 8:28 am

I love this idea! I am totally jumping on this challenge! Thanks for sharring!

TiffAnY March 1, 2012 at 8:37 am

I voted and will participate in march photo of thE day! I followed your feb one and it looks fun!

Heather @ Better With Veggies March 1, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’m in!! I was hoping there was a March Challenge, I loved seeing everyone’s interpretations of the February Challenge. Thanks for sharing!!

Anna March 1, 2012 at 8:46 am

I did the February one and I am excited to do this March one, yay! My name is ladyanna13 if ya wanna see mine. =) I love how it makes you get creative with your photos rather than taking the same old photos as usual, it get you thinking. =)

Katie March 1, 2012 at 8:59 am

I love that one of Marshall’s hands out…does he have tattoos on his palms? Either way, such a cool photo.

Last thing I took a picture of was a chubby-cheeked baby eating cheerios. Like 10 minutes ago.

Last place I had MY photo taken was in a really cool deli/small grocery store that I was obsessed with.

janetha March 1, 2012 at 11:51 am

Yep! He has a coffee mug with a heart on one hand and a devil head on the other.

Michelle March 1, 2012 at 9:43 am

Last thing I took a photo of was my pup’s nose close up…..it’s soooooo cute! Last time I had my picture taken was around Christmas I think…..I hate to have my pic taken

Lara March 1, 2012 at 10:24 am

I think I’m going to do it this time! You’ve inspired me ;)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning March 1, 2012 at 10:47 am

Voted!
Love your photos- damn, instagram is so cool! I will finally be getting my iphone next month and can join in on the fun!
I did a 365 (where you take a self portrait every day for a year) two years ago. It was awesome and fun to look back at every now and then.
Oh- the last thing I photographed was my shipment from iHerb for tomorrow’s blog post. I ordered some MRM rich vanilla whey protein based off your recommendation!

mary @ what's cookin with mary March 1, 2012 at 11:11 am

I took a picture yesterday of my cat in her covered, cube bed thing with all four paws and head outside of it, but her body inside. …and I last had my picture taken with my cousin at my gramma’s bday party 2 Sat ago.

Shannon March 1, 2012 at 11:29 am

i should really do one of these… wish my phone had a better camera! love #11 :)

Nicole C March 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Last thing I took a photo of was probably my computer, I’m trying to get my damn camera on my phone to work with no luck.

I was last photographed in Malibu, weird, I am usually behind the camera.

I would love to follow that challenge but I don’t have instagram. I guess I could use my 365photo app and follow along solo.

the delicate place March 1, 2012 at 12:11 pm

i won’t be taking part in march photo a day. i felt too constricted and forced by doing it february. BUT, i did indeed complete it even when i felt like quitting! last thing i took a photo of was a screenshot on my phone and i was last photographed candidly at work. i am making a duck face because i was mid talking. attractive.

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition March 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I just got back from South Africa so I had my photo taken on the Cape of Good Hope (the tip of Africa!)

Love your playful photos

xo

Jocelyn

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Awesome! Wish I was good at Photography….haha

Love your pics–you’re so creative!

meggi March 1, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Fun! I did the one in January but decided to take a break for Feb. Considering trying the March one but sometimes I think the subjects are dumb and end up taking a photo of something totally random :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal March 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I l-o-v-e the one of Marshall sticking his hands up! You have such awesome instagram photos.
My last picture was of Niko, of course.

Halls March 3, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Janetha,
Feb. 29 is my birthday. By now, I’m just used to it. As a kid I had my picture in the paper for having my first birthday at 4, and thought that was cool. Turning 16 was fun because my Mom let me skip school, and my best friend’s mom let her skip too. So we drove all over, ate lunch, and felt grown up. Now, I think I’m lucky. I’ve only had 10 real birthdays and on the non-leap years I get two days to celebrate.
Hope your tum is better!