twosie tuesday.

by Janetha on February 28, 2012

in random rambles

it’s that time again. twelve lists of two!

two meals hanging out on my camera card.

1. i made jessica’s chicken with jalapeño cream sauce last night. i served it over quinoa with a side of asparagus.

it was super good!

2. this roast i made in the crockpot a few weeks ago and never blogged about. oh man, it was so good. i think i will make it again soon.

two photos of the kids at daycare.

1. do you see randy?

randy 5

2. can you spot penny?

penny 2

i love that i can see them on the doggy daycare cam, but it is kind of distracting! they are seriously LOVING daycare.. best investment ever.

two recipes on my to-make list.

1. chicken stroganoff from bev cooks.

(photo courtesy bevcooks.com)

2. homemade bran flakes from macheesmo.

(photo courtesy macheesmo.com)

two things i want to learn to do.

1. knit and/or crochet so i can make scarves and beanies

2. cross the monkey bars. i have never in my life been able to do this. weak sauce.

two things you must read.

1. i don’t want to have kids. get over it. great article recommended by the lovely teri.

2. foodimentary. this is a blog dedicated to national food holidays. YES! a blog after my own heart. today is national chocolate soufflé day, in case you wondered.

two clever ideas.

1. when cooking, i often use only half an onion or half of a bell pepper (since i am only cooking for two.) here’s a tip: wrap leftover veggies in foil. when the time comes to use the remaining part (like this onion).. use the foil as your cutting board so you don’t have to dirty an actual cutting board.

and then add the foil to your ever-growing ball of random bits of foil that you plan to recycle when it is the size of mars. IMG_2158

see me waving?

2. so want to do this! cute frame around the thermostat.

source: apartmenttherapy.com

two outfits i absolutely dig.

1. this minus the sunglasses.

source: polyvore via janetha via pinterest

2. love the pairing of stripes with sunglasses.

source: polyvore via janetha via pinterest

both getups make me excited for summertime!

two things i spent money on today.

1. tough mudder registration. yep, kristen has gone and talked me into another mud run.. but this one is even harder and longer! it’s not til october, so i have time to get tough.

2. fish. we are having fish for dinner!

two things on my to-do list.

1. POST OFFICE. this is something i always, always, always put off. i am not sure why. but deb and katie.. i promise you have mail coming to you.. someday. (notice how i didn’t say soon.)

2. laundry. folding it, to be precise. it never, ever, ever ends. if i was rich, the first chore i’d pay someone to do is my laundry.. followed by cleaning the floors.

two songs i am digging right now.

you guys liked that i posted that tegan & sara video yesterday.. so i thought i would give you two more.

1. we are young by fun. (actually the whole new album is awesome. marshall recently surprised me with it. love him.)

2. in the morning by the junior boys. it’s an oldie but a goodie.

two new apps i am loving.

1. draw something.

photo (2)

OH MY GOSH EVERYONE GET THIS AND PLAY IT WITH ME NOW. it’s like pictionary. and it’s so, so fun. look how good i am at drawing a walrus!

photo

don’t act like you’re not impressed.

2. word to word.

photo

this one is played solo.. you match up words that are somehow related.

photo

great entertainment for a word freak like me!

two random things about me.

1. i hate wearing a bra. it’s the first thing that comes off when i get home from work.. even before my shoes. or, if i am wearing something that is baggy enough to not require a bra.. i won’t even wear one at all. like today.

2. i graduated ON my 18th birthday.

that was fun. have a happy leap day tomorrow!

your turn: give me two lists of two. any lists will do.

Jennyb February 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I hate wearing a bra too! Trouble is with my new shirt/uniform for work i think i am going have to get used to it or go to a shop & try loads on until i find something comfortable – unless i wear my sports bras constantly, which some some reason i love & find really really comfy, until i stop doing things. Maybe i will be too distracted at work to think about how much its annoying me ;)

glidingcalm February 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm

haha omggggggggggggggggg your posts are so FUN FILLED i never know where to start!!

let’s see what I can remember off the top of my head:
1) i had slow roasted cuban pork today and it was SO DANG GOOD
the meat just FELL APART, kinda like yo pic

2) i love those songs

3) that is so cool that you get to watch your pups! didn’t know doggy daycare looked like that (never owned a dog- guess I never imagined)…but that is adorable! look how many friends they can make!

4) cute outfits! i cant wait for spring….

5) I hate bras too. or tight straps. gross.

LOVE U
-gc

Jen@FoodFamilyFitness February 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Must try chicken stroganoff ASAP!!!

colleenzo February 29, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I also graduated on my 18th birthday!

jessi@slotheatz February 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I am with you on basically all of these things! Hate bras, love foodimentary, love both of those songs and the outfits. I used to be able to swing on dem monkey bars like CHAMP when I was younger, but I found out pretty recently that it is NOT as easy as I remember. At allllll!

Kris February 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm

aw, I spotted BOTH the pups, how cute!! we were thinking of taking Basil to day care a while ago, and they have the live pup cam too – I was addicted to looking at that thing even when I knew Basil wasn’t there!! ;)

Jillian @ Sprinkle Massacre February 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

One of my favorite Junior Boys songs!

1. I am leaving for California in 16 hours and I am peeing my pants excited.
2. I am the worst packer in the world, it takes me hours upon hours to decide what to bring and I overpack like nothing you’ve ever seen.

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 29, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I hate bras too! I sometimes like sports bras (The really good, expensive ones, hah), so those are okay.

Today I worked my butt off and spent some time with my awesome parents 2 good (but different) things!

kayleigh March 1, 2012 at 11:54 am

ahh! obsessed with draw something. whats your username??

Marie March 1, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I love your posts; they are all over the place and so interesting! I loved everything; the two outfits are sooo cute! I need style help…teehee. That’s a very interesting article about not wanting kids. I wasn’t obe of those girls who grew up dreaming about their wedding…I knew I was meant to be a mother. As you know, I have two now and they absolutely make my day, every day…with a side of husband, though. ;) However, I see people all the time (or read about) who have kids for some reason and don’t want them or neglect them which is horrible. Besides, your a dog person & a loving aunt, so there! ;) BTW, hate bras, too. But I have to wear a sports bra, at least.

Two things: we’re making Vietnamese baked fish spring rolls this weekend, and my pup is snoring and whimperong in his sleep. Haha, he must be having a dream. Sorry for any typos; I always get them on my mobile and I can’t scroll up to look over it. I promise I’m an English major. ;) Oh! And I had a random day of stomach problems today. NOT fun; can’t imagine what you go through!

kristine March 2, 2012 at 6:43 pm

k! dying here! bev from bev cooks is totally my girl! CRAZY how blogland makes all my worlds collide!

elise March 7, 2012 at 7:07 am

tough mudder! girl – you crazy!

ps can you tell im playing M&M catch up?!? haha comment much?