sunday’s short stories.

by Janetha on February 19, 2012

in random rambles

once upon a time i made my bed.

IMG 1773

that rarely happens.

the end.

once upon a time i painted my nails.

that was yesterday.

less than 2 hours later, i was already missing a full index fingerful of nail polish.

IMG 1794

i shouldn’t paint my nails.

the end.

once upon a time i made this week’s meal plan.

IMG 1779

tuesday definitely says “on your own”–meaning marshall is on his own. the rest of the week looks delicious and includes this and this. i made a list and went grocery shopping.

the end.

once upon a time i got home from the store and the power was out.

i had a bunch of perishables and got a little worried.

IMG 1736

less than 10 minutes later, the power came back on.

the end.

once upon a time i found out that fitmixer would no longer be sold at costco.

it is $30 online.. and $10 at costco.

so i bought $100 worth.

IMG 1740

that’s logical, right?

the end.

once upon a time i bought a new vacuum because it was on sale for $100 at costco.

IMG 1738

the end.

once upon a time i made horchata for a dozen people.

it was in a big jug, way bigger than what i needed, but it was the only container large enough to hold the horchata.. and it wouldn’t fit in the fridge. so, to keep it cold, i put it outside in the snow.

IMG 1761

oh yeah, it snowed.

the end.

once upon a time i had a TON of leftover rice+cinnamon sticks from making horchata.

IMG 1743

i am saving it to make rice pudding.

the end.

once upon a time we bought a new vitamix because our old one broke.

word on the street is vitamixes will make whole food juice, so today i decided to give it a whirl.

i used grapes, kale, celery, an apple, cucumber, a little water, and ice.

IMG 1745IMG 1747
IMG 1748IMG 1749

it worked.

IMG 1750

and it was tasty.

IMG 1753

the end.

once upon a time we had over six types of bread at one time.

IMG 1776

three kinds of bagels, hamburger buns, sourdough bread, wheat bread, and cookies. because cookies are bread, right?

the top of the fridge is the best place to keep bread, because it happens to be randy’s FAVORITE food.

he is a short little guy.

he can’t reach the bread.

this pisses him off.

IMG 1778

the end.

(please leave me a short story of your own.)

Ananda February 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

Fun!

Once upon a time I made clean out the fridge salads for Sunday lunch with 2 types of greens, cabbage, carrots, red pepper, hummus, hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, kalamata olives, feta and homemade nutritional yeast dressing. I loved them and my fiance gave me ‘the look’. The End.

Your juice turned out wonderfully!!

Errign February 20, 2012 at 10:06 am

once upon a time, I gave a really shy(but super cute!) snowboarder/bartender at work my number & he hasn’t called but he acts sort of interested. I’m confused. The End :)

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 20, 2012 at 10:32 am

once upon a time I sat here blogging while drinking a latte and my husband has the girls upstairs helping him sweep. I am enjoying this since its a rarity!

Em (Wine and Butter) February 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Once upon a time I made my husband take the dog out for his early AM walk 2 days in a row. I told him I ‘owed him’ and Id do the late shift whenever he wanted. My husband is cashing in tonight and all I want to do is read blogs, eat some dark chocolate, read a book and go to bed. Do you think my dog can actually just hold it? The End. Ps – I wont make him… Im not that mean….

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 21, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love all of these stories. :)
I’ve never used my Vitamix for juicing, but yours makes me want to immediately. I should leave work and try it out. Tempting…

Here’s a story- on my way to work this morning traffic all of the sudden came to a grinding halt. Then a police car whizzed by. Then I saw all of the commotion- it was a little car stuck underneath a huge 18-wheeler on the highway! I need to know the story behind that mess.

CASSY February 21, 2012 at 2:35 pm

once upon a time i also needed a new vacuum and was eyeing that one at costco. your reveiws (animal hair suction mostly) of it would be a nice ending to this story..

Nicole S February 23, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Ok this lost made me laugh. I love it when they involve Randy.

Nicole S February 23, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Laughing indeed post turned in to lost. Damn iPhone.

holly (yo soul sista from another much taller curly haired mista) February 28, 2012 at 11:18 am

Once upon a time, I spent $20 at the grocery store to last me the week and I still overdrew on my bank account by $0.73. Then I realized I would have to forage my cabinets for food to eat for the week. And that is what I am currently doing. The end.