satur-yay.

by Janetha on February 11, 2012

in random rambles

there’s no way around it, today was just an exceptionally good saturday. there were so many reasons to say yay.

yay! for sleeping in and then staying in bed to cuddle.

NewImage

I LOVE THE WEEKEND.

yay! for my new camera.

NewImage

want to hear a miraculous story? so, as you know, my camera broke in mexico. canon told me that it would be a minimum of $200 to repair. plus the cost of insured shipping to canon and back. oh, and it would take up to EIGHT weeks. i decided to peruse ksl.com and craigslist.com to see if there were any camera bodies for sale. i did find quite a few used ones.. and i managed to find my exact camera body from a gal who said she’d sell it for $280. score, sign me up. the only downside is she lived in provo–a town about 40 minutes south of me.

however, i had contacted another woman who said her daughter had used her canon DSLR maybe four times and she was selling it. she wasn’t sure she wanted to sell the camera body alone, because she didn’t know if she would be able to sell the lenses, but finally agreed to sell me the body for $250. that was unheard of–the cheapest i had found was the $280 and that had taken some bartering. oh, AND she wanted to meet in downtown SLC. score!! i met her this morning at 10 o’clock. she told me that i could just have the camera and lens kit ALL for $250! she said that she simply was a minimalist and wanted to get rid of it ASAP because her daughter wasn’t using it and she thought i would be able to get better use of it. t was FLOORED. this was the original package i got a couple years ago for over $700! i was flabbergasted and gave her $270 because i was so amazed by her generosity. and the camera is in BETTER condition than mine that broke. plus, now i have a couple duplicate lenses and an extra battery/charger.

sometimes the kindness of others really blows me away. i am so grateful.

yay! for running into michelle.

after buying the camera, i headed to the gateway mall to exchange some sweats at victoria’s secret. my good friend michelle was working and it happened to be time for her break! i was ecstatic. we headed to starbucks and chatted for a half hour, it was so nice to catch up.. since i have been out of town, i really felt out of the loop. i love michelle to bits.

yay! for a few purchases.

MG 1542

i managed to buy a few things at the gateway.. i exchanged some VS sweats because i had gotten a size too big, i bought 5 pair of underwear because penny keeps eating mine (it’s true), i got a contigo water bottle because they were on sale for TEN bucks at starbucks, i got a cheap $7 sports bra at forever 21 and also some $1 lip gloss. a nice little saturday shopping haul.

yay! for a new product find.

IMG 1568

i have been looking for this for awhile and finally spotted it. i love almond milk and coconut milk, so i knew this would be a winner. i was right. it’s got a strong coconut flavor and the same smooth texture as blue diamond almond breeze.

i used it to make a pre-workout shake.

IMG 1574

this had a cup of the milk, blueberries, spinach, blueberry flax, vanilla protein powder, ice, and a splash of POM juice. it was delightful.

yay! for a good workout

i did a total body workout today.. here are the details:

-treadmill warmup: 5 minutes / 7 MPH

strength training
(reps x sets x weight)

-butt bridge: 2 x 15 x 35#
-barbell push press: 3 x 12 x 50#
-barbell deadlift: 3 x 12 x 75#
-bent over barbell row: 3 x 12 x 40#
-wide grip pulldown: 3 x 12 x 80#
-stiff legged good mornings with barbell on back: 3 x 12 x 50#
-dumbbell reverse lunges: 3 x 12 (each side, alternating) x 25# (each hand)
-crunches: 2 x 50
-flutterkicks off bench: 2 x 50
-oblique cruches: 2 x 50

cardio

20 minutes on the elliptical @ high resistance…

…while reading another yay: the latest issue of oxygen! favorite mag.

yay! for it being so warm today that i drove with my windows down.

NewImage

it is unseasonably warm for the middle february. i got out of the gym and my thermometer read 56 degrees! that’s crazy talk. but, i figure if there is no snow for snowboarding, then bring on the spring! i am ready!!

yay! for chipotle for dinner.

IMG 1638

i had a chicken burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, pico, corn salsa, lettuce, and a couple of my own condiments:

IMG 1641

takeout for the win. and have i mentioned how much i love that chipotle offers brown cilantro lime rice? i also shared chips + guac with marsh.

yay! for redbox.

IMG 1643

two rentals that marshall’s been wanting. hope they are good!

and you better believe i will be saying “yay!” for ice cream later on.

your turn!~

give me one of your “yay!”s.

Christie @ SpringJumps February 11, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Wow that is such a great deal on the new camera!!! I wish we had Chipotle in NZ, it always looks so good. Boo :(

My yay = soon to be moving into an awesome new house that is way cheaper than where I live now, and just down the road from work! Cannot wait to be able to go home for my lunch break :)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm

‘Yay’ for finishing phase one of Jamie Eason’s LiveFit Trainer today. I am feeling stronger than ever and my energy levels are through the roof! Also yay that i got out and enjoyed some sun before the rain came…we are having a very weird ‘summer’ in Australia! It’s rainy most days which is not typical at all.

Let me know what you think of the Ides of March….I’ve been wanting to see that movie. I believe it’s still playing in the cinemas over here…we get things a bit late lol. Enjoy the rest of ur satur-yay :)

Missy February 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Yay for Yay!!
This is too funny to me because my husband makes fun of me for always saying “yay!”. I didn’t realize how much I said it until he pointed it out!!

I am super excited for your camera – what a blessing!

Lee February 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Yay for running 9 miles on the treadmill! My personal distance best on the treadmill! And yay for doing it on Saturday so I have nothing to do tomorrow. One of your pancake recipes was great pre-run fuel, btw.

J @ ... semplicemente j ... February 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm

My yeah … sorry … my yay :) … was having a Chai tea with my friend Robin … running in memory and honor of Sherry … with my daughter … running disliker included yeah! (that was a spontaneous yeah … I mean yay! … spending the day with her and one of her friends … shopping :) … cooking a great dinner for Mr. … semplicemente j … my youngest and her boyfriend … watching a movie with the family and cuddling with my youngest until my oldest gets back from the movies! YAY!

Carbzilla February 11, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Yay for me working out 4 times this week. I didn’t really reduce my food yet, but…baby steps.

Michelle February 11, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I love YOU to bits, Nether!! And thanks for advertising for VS. :) Those panties are adorable. :) Xo

momma b. February 11, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Showing houses to two different darling couples and writing an offer YAY!
Getting not one, not two but THREE offers on a brand new listing YAY!
Chatting with you and hearing about your palindrome celebration YAY!
Dancing like no one was watching at our North Star Ward Valentine dance….double YAY!!!

Love you so much!!
xoxo

katie February 12, 2012 at 6:51 am

YAY Momma B!!!! You are on fire!!!! If I lived there I would LOVE you to be my realtor!

YAY for your new camera, how awesome! Yay for chipotle! <3

lindsay February 11, 2012 at 11:05 pm

love that momma B has commented above me. YAY! and this saturday is more of a satur-hell-yay!

Kaylie Runs February 11, 2012 at 11:28 pm

My yeay~ Finding a Jared Weaver T-Shirt at Target tonight. Actually I’d consider this to be TWO yeays- 1 for the T-Shirt & 1 for shopping at Target. It’s probably my favorite store.

Ellen Clifford February 12, 2012 at 12:02 am

Yay for your yays!
My big yay was playing the lead in a short indie film today and getting a bigger paycheck than I thought I would…
Hehe, actors are the only people yay-ing about working for the weekend:)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga February 12, 2012 at 12:02 am

That camera story is…AMAZING!

CONGRATS!!! On the camera, on having extra lenses and battery, and just the whole thing. What turned out to be a “misfortune” sort of sounds like it was a major silver lining situation. Shy of not having your camera for part of your Mexico trip, this actually sounds like quite a “win” :) Congrats!

Eden February 12, 2012 at 12:16 am

not many yays for me. :( bad bad bad week/year

oh I do have one yay: I’m not pregnant!

Erica February 12, 2012 at 1:33 am

Wow!! What an awesome day!! Great deal on the camera and that almond coconut milk is like my new favorite thing!! We are getting two chipotles in charleston-cant wait. Their guac is the best. Yayyy its joshs birthday

Jennyb February 12, 2012 at 1:44 am

No major Yay yesterday, but today i’m off to Body Step & then Body Balance which is certainly a Yay! and i’ve made Choc Covered Katie’s Deep Cookie Dish Pie which is a Major Major Yay – if you haven’t made it – why not???!!! (i’d add less sugar next time though – maybe a cup instead of 1.5 cups) Anyway thats for a couple of my gym buddies birthdays, one who is 50 today. Oh i guess Yay that i didn’t eat it all last night & this morning, even if i did have a couple of small slices ;)

But big Yay, is that i am feeling great for my marathon training (only 62 days to go!) & looking forwards to trying the new Les Mills CX Works this week for the first time all the way through!

56 is 13 degrees C! i’ll swap you for the -3 it is (warmer than the -10 it was overnight) England doesn’t cope well with extra cold ;)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes February 12, 2012 at 4:58 am

that is a bomb Saturday!! :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 12, 2012 at 5:46 am

Yay for Saturdays! Mine was pretty good as well! Although you definitely scored it big time on that camera. Not to freak you out or anything, but reeeally watch penny and those underwear she keeps eating – I had a dog that died from eating underwear because it tore up his intestines.

marie February 12, 2012 at 5:48 am

Yay for the power rack I got for Valentine’s day!!!

Katie February 12, 2012 at 6:55 am

Yay for Saturdays! My big yay was a surprise dinner date with the husband at a fantastic Chicago restaurant. The nap in the middle of the day didn’t hurt, though….

As for those movies, Another Earth is my next Netflix movie, and I absolutely loved The Ides of March. I can’t wait to hear what you think of them! Happy Sunday!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 12, 2012 at 7:21 am

My YAY was that I set a new treadmill PDR of 10 miles because it was snowing out. I didn’t feel YAY at the time, but now I do – rest day!

The Delicate Place February 12, 2012 at 7:33 am

i wish i had your weather, you’d be loving mine! cold + snow. i’ll trade :) i love barbacoa at chipotle…so savory. i’ve been in such a red meat mood lately so yay for a proper roast tonight with carrots/parsnips + a bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

yay for yesterday…it was so much needed. we were snowed in and watched 50/50 and then went 50/50 on a bottle of red ;) i didn’t clean a thing and had plenty of couch cuddle time. i feel recharged!

sarah @ sarah learns February 12, 2012 at 7:33 am

oh my gosh! i am in awe of your amazing camera luck! and i’m so happy that you were able to find such a great solution. after having my “big” camera, i really would dislike not being able to use it.

Nicole February 12, 2012 at 7:48 am

Yay for being in love! I’m in love with a Prince Charming and I have never felt this happy in my heart and in my mind…ever!

Maren February 12, 2012 at 8:22 am

Last night was a yay for Maren and Nate bonding time! I found some 20 ?s for couples thing and asked if he wanted to do that instead of just sit and watch tv. He was down. It was really nice just turning off the tube for awhile and just hanging out.. plus hearing all of his answers was nice too. Here’s to Sunday being a yay day too!

Tara in Chicago February 12, 2012 at 8:39 am

Hi Janetha, can you tell me the exact portions of how to make that smoothie?
I eat a diet with a lot of whole fats (whole eggs, avocados, olive and coconut oils, etc), fish and chicken, protein powder, yogurt, veggies and fruit, Lundberg brown rice cakes, some wild rice, gluten-free breads, gluten-frree cereals, nondairy milks, some flax, nuts/seeds, dark chocolate, etc.
I’ve been binging a lot for the last month. Every single night I eat yogurt, fruit, nuts, dark chocolate (1 ounce of chocolate every night) and 4 or 5 rice cakes before bed (and more, I’m giving examples). I feel like my colon, kidneys, and liver need a serious cleanse and to be reset since my bowels are so unhealthy feeling and appearance and my body is cramping at a chronic rate. However, I’m unwilling to lose weight. How do I accomplish such a feat? I’m confused. How does one stop the binges, “recover” and ‘cleanse” the body from a cleanse without losing weight? Due to physical impairments I cannot exercise the “next day” to feel bad so I feel terrible about making it worse and worse each day and night. Should I feel so bad? Have I “ruined” my body? What are sample meal plan days to recover and help my organs/body without losing weight? Any advice you or readers can give would be incredible. Thank you.

Janetha February 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

Hey Tara! I didn’t measure for the smoothie, but if I had to guess I would say: 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 cups spinach, splash of POM, 8 ice cubes, 1 scoop protein powder, and 2 T blueberry flax.

As for the rest of your questions, I am sorry to say I don’t have a lot of advice. I have never been in a situation where I did not want to lose weight. I have either been at a point in my life where I needed to lose weight, or I was just fine with my current weight.. and losing weight for me has proven to be really difficult, so it has never been a worry that I would lose unwanted weight. Now days, I don’t even weigh myself so who knows.

I don’t have a big history with binges. Of course it has happened, I think we have all binged at sometime or another, but I can’t offer much advice on the topic. HOWEVER, my good friend Tina has candidly expressed her thoughts on bingeing and has offered many bits of advice. I strongly urge you to head over to her blog and even shoot her an email: http://www.tinareale.com/ and here are her binge posts: http://www.tinareale.com/binge-eating/

Sorry I can’t be of more help! Hope you find a balance that works for you. xoxo

Tara in Chicago February 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Hi, thanks for the thoughts…the constipation is BAD…can you tell me what works for you when seroiusly constipated? (I was in tears this morning :(
Can you suggest a perfect breakfast that would make you go? (if a smoothie, then how much of each…so its right)…and the kinds of meals you then follow up with (and snacks)…it happens after i binge so the idea of eating grains or stuff is SO unappealing…but i don’t want to get in a cycle of eating all “weird” and not eliminating food….thoughts? PLease….

i don’t have metamucil or anything and i don’t wanna take stuff like that…but i’m afraid of having the wrong foods and “plugging” me up more…. :(

Janetha February 12, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Hey Tara,
Sorry, but I got nothin’ for you. I am having issues of my own at the moment and actually have gone twice in the past two weeks. BUT, even if I was regular, telling you what I was eating would not help you in the least. The thing is, all of our bodies are different. What works for one will not work for another. People keep telling me to do this or that and it will for SURE cure my issues, and none of it does. I am a mystery and it is my own responsibility to figure out what will work for me.. and unfortunately I haven’t found the solution yet. I am so sorry you haven’t either, as I know what a huge pain (literally) this is. There is no perfect breakfast to make you go, as you put it, there is no magic fix. I haven’t done an elimination diet yet, but I probably should. I am going to toy around with my diet a bit to see what helps, because so far nothing has worked.

Best of luck to you figuring out what you need to do!

xo

Susan February 12, 2012 at 10:01 am

Yay! For that picture of Marshall and Penny because it made me laugh. They are doing the exact same things with their “forepaws”!

Happy Sunday!

julie February 12, 2012 at 10:04 am

YAY i just caught up on your mexcali trip and AMAZING although shitty about your camera but YAY for the new one

great workout. greater takeout. can you believe i’ve still never had chipotle! thats like a new york crime

Michelle (Better with Berries) February 12, 2012 at 10:08 am

So exciting that you got so lucky with your camera!! I cannot believe what a good deal you got – the woman you bought it from was so kind! And now you have it NOW, as opposed to having to wait for it to be fixed! That’s awesome.

My “yay!” is that I was uber-productive yesterday and have nothing to do today besides lounge around the house :-)

Brittney @ Brittney Breathing February 12, 2012 at 10:10 am

That’s so awesome about the camera! People can really amaze you sometimes.

My yay is for upping my weights in Body Pump this week!! Woohoo!

Bria February 12, 2012 at 10:47 am

My “yay” is taking and teaching Yoga. My students are truly the best., and I appreciate every teacher I study with. Another “yay” for that coconut-almond milk blend. Thanks for mentioning it. I’m officially on the hunt for it now.

Laura February 12, 2012 at 11:51 am

I just watched Ides of March last night. Loved it!!!! It re-enforced 2 things that I already know – 1. Ryan Gosling = amazing and 2. All politicians are the devil. Ok, and there was a #3 – I really want to move to DC!

Emily R February 12, 2012 at 12:17 pm

My “yay” is also about the warm(er) weather we had yesterday! I drove with the windows down AND sunroof open…. I’m definitely with you. Bring on the spring.

Joss February 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Yay for only 5 more days of college until reading week..aka 9 day break.

Stacy W. February 12, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I had a lovely dinner with my husband last night. Yay! Also, my dog Nemo eats my underwear too. I’m always buying replacements.

Alysa (InspiredRD) February 12, 2012 at 1:49 pm

So excited for you and your new camera! Mine was a hand-me-down from my brother in law. It was a deal at $100. Yay!

My yay is for a husband who is taking care of the kids while I rest up from whatever this sickness is. Yay for rest! Yay for husband!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm

WOW-that is a FAB Saturday! Seriously–sounds perfect to me too!!

YAH for a nap in t-minus 2 minutes :)

Meg February 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm

this post just makes me happy all around because I can sense your happiness! :) look at that beautiful smile with the windows down! LOVE!

Krissie J February 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm

My yay on Saturday was being able to actually go snowboarding with some snow coming down. It wasn’t a lot, but we made the most of the possible only “decent” snow day PA may have this winter!

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Swweeeet camera deal! You lucked out there :)
I’m completely jealous of your warm temps. It froze over here in Illinois. However, I also had a burrito bowl, which is definitely a yay. So tasty!

melissanibbles February 12, 2012 at 4:04 pm

That’s a great deal on the camera. Yay!

Page February 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm

ugh! what’s with dogs eating underwear?! mine does too – of course he loves the expensive ones. if i had a dollar for every pair . . .

glidingcalm February 12, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I love the snuggle puppy pics. You and Marsh are adorable.

Also yay for vickies underwear!!!

I saw ides of march and felt eh…. it was good, but i wanted a happier ending!

also, that chicken from your trip looks insane. made me hungry!! :D

happy week, J!

Heidi Nicole February 12, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Holy crap, totally jealous of your camera deal! We are pseudo in the market for a fancy DSLR camera but have no idea where to begin. Apparently we need to figure out what we want then check out craigslist!

And please send some of that weather a bit further east – I nearly lost my finger tips to frost bite on today’s run, even with two pairs of gloves on!

My biggest yay for Saturday was also a bit of a downer – we slept in until 10am. Considering we are usually up by 6am at the latest out of pure habit we felt like we wasted half the day, but apparently we needed some sleep!

Janetha February 12, 2012 at 8:38 pm

that is a for sure yay! i usually get up around 11 or noon on saturday!

Sierra February 12, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Yay for running 10 miles today despite a weird stomach. At least its done.

I got the almond coconut milk a couple weeks ago and couldn’t decide if I liked it. I prefer the plain almond, but it’s not bad. Yay for kindness from strangers. I love it when the world works itself out.

Marie February 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

That’s awesome you got SUCH a great deal on new camera, pretty much!! I love when people are nice, much less generous! Icing on the cake! ;)

SLR Camera Deals May 21, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this site needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the info!