date night.

by Janetha on January 15, 2012

in eating out,love life

hey! how’s it going? we just kicked off for the first packers game of the playoff season! i’ve got my team spirit on from head to toe.

NewImage

don’t tell marshall that my packers gear team spirit is really just an excuse to buy more things from victoria’s secret. that’s MY secret. and now yours. and now the secret is out, i guess, if he is reading this…

speaking of team spirit, i had some on last night, too.  kristen & rory treated us to the jazz game as a christmas gift.

Photo

it’s okay to wear a deron williams jazz jersey even though he plays for the nets now, right? even though we were playing the nets last night, right? lots of people were wearing the same jersey last night, so i think it is ok. that’s my story and i’m sticking to it.

before the game, we headed to eva for a bite to eat. eva is located on 3rd south and main in salt lake city. i had been wanting to try the mediterranean restaurant/tapas bar for awhile now.

IMG 9431

i ordered coffee to drink.

IMG 9432

we started with a few small plates…

the wood fired flatbread with traditional greek spreads~

IMG 9436

IMG 9439

the tri tip bruschetta~

IMG 9435

IMG 9442

and the crispy chicken wings served with an organic egg, macadamia nuts, chiles, and cilantro in a honey-lime sauce. very unique.

IMG 9443

the tri tip bruschetta was so creative! this was probably my favorite bite of the night.

IMG 9448

i had eaten lots of cereal and clementines about an hour before dinner, so i wasn’t super hungry. i ended up ordering a salad.

IMG 9450

the spanish organic green salad had manchego, marcona almonds, and roasted red peppers and came with a side of honey truffle vinaigrette. i love truffle oil!

IMG 9451

marshall ordered eva’s pie for his entree.

IMG 9437

IMG 9454

he shared,

IMG 9453

it was delicious.

we headed to the game straight from dinner. after running into a few friends, we found our seats.

IMG 9458

aside from a little girl kicking the back of marshall’s seat throughout the whole first half, the game was great! and yes, i asked her AND her mom for her to stop the kicking.. but she didn’t. that made us want kids even more. ;)

the jazz walked away with a win! it was a fun game to watch, especially since deron williams was playing for the nets. most of the crowd boo-ed him the whole time.. but not us.

after the game, we needed something sweet. we headed to a restaurant for dessert.

IMG 9462

fiddler’s elbow is in sugarhouse–a neighborhood in salt lake. they have great food and drinks and plenty of TVs for those sports fans. they also have great dessert–including a cobbler of the day. rory and marshall ordered their own cobblers and kristen and i shared one.

IMG 9464

the cobbler of the day was peach berry, and we got it a la mode.

IMG 9471

it was the perfect sweet ending to a fun date night. thanks to kristen and rory for treating us to the game!

gotta go.. i have a football game to watch. NEVER thought i would say that.

GO PACK GO!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices January 15, 2012 at 3:08 pm

glad you had a fun date night! any excuse to do more shopping is good to me! :)

Erica January 15, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Vickies has the cutest gear! LOVE! I’m sure he loves seeing you in packers stuff- whatever the reason :). What a fabulous date night. The food, the game, the dessert. Love it all

emily January 15, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Nevermind the food, check out those guns!!! You’re looking ripped! :)

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:05 am

Hahah.. thanks Emily!

The Delicate Place January 15, 2012 at 3:34 pm

lol about the kidlet. yup. nearly every day i am SO thankful for no spawn ha. i love marcona almonds (tjs has them with rosemary and sea salt!). i need your address so i can send you some TJs goodies! i cannot believe you don’t have one?! nate’s watching the game too, i’m slightly paying attenion but really more interested in online shopping haha. if i had to cheer for a team, i’d go with pack. i know nothing about football but they just seem like they are playing better (and have better colors obviously).

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:06 am

Yes! Obviously.

PBJenny January 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

this is such a gender friendly date! basketball for him, dessert for her (and him too!) you’re lucky marshall has a taste for sweets. Gingie is a savory guy all the way. I literally had to bribe him with a back massage to convince him to come to crumbs bakery with me in the city. I was desperate.

Janetha January 15, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Woah woah woah, miss PBJ! Back right up! Basketball for her, too! I loooove NBA!

elise January 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm

im too nervous watching this game. the packers are playing sh!tty and im getting angry. i feel bad for you if this doesnt go well…

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:10 am

=/

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs January 15, 2012 at 4:49 pm

That dinner place looks amazing! My husband’s birthday is on Thursday and he wants to go out, this is on the list for sure :) And that cobbler? Do they deliver? Haha.

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:12 am

You should for sure head to Eva sometime if you don’t end up there for his bday. It was so good and we can’t wait to go back to try some of the other options! Plus, it’s super affordable.. around $6-$8 per plate.

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes January 15, 2012 at 5:18 pm

aww! Looks like a great night :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Coffee, duh. Greek food, duh. Packers, duh. Classic night.

Krystina (Organically Me) January 15, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Giants crushed you guys, I am so sad :(

Lauren January 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm

What a fun night out. That cobbler just made me drool! :) So sad about the game today though. Toly and I were both rooting hard for the Packers!! :(

Naomi(onefitfoodie) January 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

the restaurants in utah seriously all look so amazing. everytime you do a new post about a restaurant you visit…I am ALWAYS wanting to get out of my seat and go likeee now! :) love the sound of the flatbread with greek spreads :)

Jeralyn January 15, 2012 at 8:46 pm

your post made me laugh. i use to have a HUGE crush on John Stockton when he played for Utah.

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:15 am

That made ME laugh! Awesome.

Meg January 15, 2012 at 9:39 pm

omg look at those arms hottie ;)

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:15 am

THanks :) Nothing compared to your guns, though!

Tiffany @ Snack Snark Bark January 15, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Oi, rough game for the Packers, hope all is well over at casa de M&M tonight. And when did the Jazz change their colors to green and yellow? I got so confused tonight watching them against the Nuggets because I kept wondering who the green team was. We had obnoxious kids behind us and hipsters in front of us, we left at half time. Thank god we got cheap seats!

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:16 am

Yeah! They went back to their old colors and logo. I am so glad, too, because I hated the mountains/baby blue/purple thing they had going on for awhile there. Sorry about the annoying people around you! I totally can relate.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats January 15, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Looks like such a fun date night! Your VS sweats are so cute! :) I really hope they make MLB ones again this year but I noticed that they disappeared off of the website after Christmas!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva January 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm

sounds like you had a great date night! Tapas restaurants are so much fun….love that you get to share with friends. have fun watching the game :)

Jena January 16, 2012 at 5:08 am

Kids are annoying; at least you didn’t pay lots of money for the seats. Those chicken wings looks amazing! I love chicken wings, sadly, we only have a hooters around here that serves wings. blech.

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:17 am

Ugh, Hooters wings are so bad! We used to go there for work lunches all the time (yes, I work with a bunch of dudes) and there wasn’t much to offer in terms of healthy options on the menu.

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope January 16, 2012 at 5:23 am

I love Victoria’s Secret sports team apparel. They are so cute! Sounds like a super fun date night! I hate when people kick the back of my seat and don’t stop when you ask them to. So rude! At least you still enjoyed yourself and that is the most important thing :)

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:02 am

I know! I kind of wish I liked more sports teams just so I could buy the gear haha. So cute!

steph January 16, 2012 at 5:48 am

Arms lookin’ fierce!

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 8:01 am

Haha. Thank you :)

Allison January 16, 2012 at 7:26 am

Good food, good company, and a fun event sound like a perfect double date night! BTW, that cobbler a la mode is making my mouth water… MMM!

Heather @ Better With Veggies January 16, 2012 at 7:50 am

Looks like fun!! We had a date day/night this weekend too – must have been a great weekend to spend with someone you love. =)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 16, 2012 at 11:15 am

DId you hear/see what happened at the Jazz game the other night?! SO hilarious. I watched it like 15 times on youtube with my husband….dying laughing.

Here’s the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jHCox4Mq8
bahaha!!

Your arms look stellar, p.s! GO you!

Janetha January 16, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Hahaha oh my gosh! I didn’t see that–I didn’t get to watch them play the Lakers because I was at dinner.. thanks for the link, that’s hilarious! I don’t know what I would do if that landed on me!

meggi January 16, 2012 at 12:38 pm

oh my, i LOVE Fiddlers Elbow! We go there for Sunday brunch pretty often! They have a really fun brunch buffet :)

natasha January 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Heard the Packers lost…bummer. I’m not a football/sports fan but I was rooting for them for y’all.

And Marshall’s pizza looked delish (:

beth January 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I’d love for you to do some updates on your “moves” section of the blog. I am always looking to you for new workout ideas!

Courtney January 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Wow, eats looks good but so do your arms in that tank! ;)

glidingcalm January 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm

you look so good in a jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana January 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm

UGH just catching up on blogs and it breaks my heart to see the Pack enthusiasm – I was so shocked Sunday (also a fan – we just bought a toaster that imprints the Green Bay logo on your toast – I’m not kidding) and am still pretty sad. Also sad about the Tebow collapse, mostly because I went to college in New England and Patriots fans (all my friends) are SO annoying. Anyway, you look super cute in all the sporty gear, so that’s good!!