blame it on them.

by Janetha on December 21, 2011

in random rambles

i can’t type a legitimate post tonight.

why, you ask? (pretend you asked.)

because i am making these.

and this.

and these.

and this.

and these.

and an altered version of this.

so you can go ahead and blame it on them. blame jessica. and mama pea. and maria. and the other jessica. and angie. they are the reasons i am not blogging tonight. instead, i am in the kitchen, up to my elbows in sweet stuff.

speaking of sweet stuff, the winners of the pure bliss eats giveaway are joy who wants the dog training biz (you win the gingerbread granola) and jessica who wants a family fun center (you win the peanut butter granola.) thanks for entering, everyone! it was fun to read what type of business you’d all like to own some day.

well, i have things to make. bye!

Q~ what treats (if any) did you make for the holidays?

*photo credit is linked above photos.

Elizabeth @TheBareMidriff December 21, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I made the Brown Eyed Baker’s eggnog cheesecake bars! So good!

Gina December 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Jeez! I hope you have enough sugar on hand lol

Blog is the New Black December 22, 2011 at 2:51 am

Send some my way when you’re done please and thanks!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness December 22, 2011 at 2:57 am

I haven’t made any treats yet – but I do have plans to make something sweet and baked from “eat drink and be vegan” over the Christmas break! Or some of Jamie Eason’s protein bars. I just intend on eating a lot of dark chocolate as my treat, lol :-P All those treats above looks divine. :-) xyx

Jennyb December 22, 2011 at 3:41 am

what time did you get to bed?! i wish i had people to make sweet treats for. Either that or find more single serve recipes!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 22, 2011 at 4:50 am

I’ve made tons of things from Aruba and have the sweaty, melty, hot pictures of it on my blog, with more to come. I have been in love with cookie butter spread/Biscoff spread/Speculoos Spread from TJs and have been enjoying cooking with it.

All of the treats you just posted about…I’ve seen. And I want to make. Or just have you make them and I’ll help eat them :)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 22, 2011 at 5:59 am

I printed out the Clif bar recipe from Mama Pea yesterday and can’t wait to try it out. I was excited to show my husband because he LOVES clif bars, and he was just like “cool.”
I’ll be interested to see how yours turn out!

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 22, 2011 at 6:01 am

That looks like a fun night of baking!
Lets see…so far I’ve made chocolate sandwich cookies, coconut cookies, almond cookies, lemon cookies, gingerbread biscotti, and spiced almond wafers. Oh and three different homemade hot cocoa mixes. And today I’m making chocolate covered popcorn and pretzel mix. How else am I supposed to entertain myself over a month long winter break?!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 22, 2011 at 6:25 am

I haven’t really done much baking and what I have done has been a mini disaster… Not so much disaster but in my attempt to make my favorite cookies vegan, I forgot they never turn out when I try to do that. Oops, more for me! ;)

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes December 22, 2011 at 6:26 am

Woah! Sounds busy! Hahah have fun, they all look so addicting :)

Kerryne December 22, 2011 at 6:32 am

This year was perfect, I went to my MIL house with my two sis in laws we each baked stuff, I did sugar cookies and homemade oreo’s rolled in bits of candy canes then we all divided them up. Neighbor treats. It was fabulous. Haven’t done any baking since.

Maren December 22, 2011 at 6:54 am

oh I definitely have those “clif bars” on my list to make! They look awesome. I finished making peanut butter blossoms last night and I’m going to make some bark…that’s probably it!

Lee December 22, 2011 at 7:00 am

I made oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies last weekend when we went to my inlaws.

Josie December 22, 2011 at 7:34 am

I’m (in the process of) making PB balls, choc/orange cake balls, minty chocolate chip cookies, choco/pb ribbon loaf, and white choc/butter crackers with pb. Oh, and let’s not forget the homemade bath fizzies that I’m making for all the ladies!

Anne December 22, 2011 at 7:38 am

This was my life yesterday… I baked for 6 hours. I wish I was kidding.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 22, 2011 at 7:43 am

I’m almost positive I am going to go on a baking spree today after seeing all of these!!! Yum!!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) December 22, 2011 at 8:19 am

im about to start my baking extravaganza, and making some of what you have above! weeee!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats December 22, 2011 at 9:38 am

Holy baking! I hope you have someone to help you do all the dishes! lol. My baking will begin tomorrow afternoon. I have a date to do sugar cookies with my cousin and little bro! :D

Jillian @ sprinkle massacre December 22, 2011 at 10:43 am

Mama Pea’s cliff bars and the chocolate nutella fudge are both on my list for this weekend!!! :)

Mari December 22, 2011 at 10:54 am

Yums can I be your taste tester?! I work for free =)

Shannon December 22, 2011 at 10:57 am

I just finished making Peanut and Almond Clusters (not together, two seperate candies), Peppermint bark, chocolate dipped pretzels, and chocolate dipped biscotti. I did that all last night! I’m SO glad I’m done!!!

Rose December 22, 2011 at 11:23 am

Holy crap those all look delicious.

fittingbackin December 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm

OMG! I made no treats! Are the first ones buckeyes? With peanutbutter? I didn’t trust myself to click through. LOL

Allison December 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Baking [and taste testing] treats is an acceptable reason not to blog… It would be even more acceptable if you shared them ;P

Heather @ Better With Veggies December 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I did the same thing last night – baked up a batch of four different treats to bring in as presents for my team today (pics over on my blog). Lots of work, but homemade gifts seem to be the most appreciated!

Anna December 22, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Good choices! I made some gingerbread cookies (just so I could decorate them) and some white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. My mom goes overboard and has a ton already made by the time I get home so I don’t usually end up baking many more!

Kimberly December 22, 2011 at 1:35 pm

yum they all look delicious! I made some sugar cookie christmas cut-outs – from a bag (*gasp*) with my little brother, he is 5, and my little sister, she’s 12, when they came up to visit this past weekend – we had so much fun decorating!! I sent them home with all of the leftovers ;) haha! I probably would have kept a few if I was not GF, but I do not think the kiddos would have even allowed it :)

Bria December 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Baked some brownies, made some chocolate on chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies, and on the savory side, made a couple of flavors of spiced nuts. Gifted most of it out, but enjoyed my fair share…because I’m all about “quality control,” yanno ;-)

Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio December 22, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I made “peanut butter hugs”, chocolate and butterscotch chip cookies, and Saturday AM I’m making my grandma’s Jewish coffee cake– a family tradition.

Kristin @ STUFT Mama December 22, 2011 at 6:14 pm

OMG- I jsut had a night like this the other night too!!!! :) I’m still recovering. :) Hope it went well!!!!
I own a fitness business nad freaking LOVE it. I just wish everyone would do all the finances for me. ha!
Let me know when you’re done baking and I’ll be right over. :)

Sarah December 22, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Oh my godfather….these look amazing. My mom and I have been up to our elbows in butter and sugar for many weeks. We like to make lots of cookies to send to friends and family so we make sure we get and early start. We actually have ’rounds’ (ding ding) and once we’ve sent away all the cookies for gifts the whole process starts over again. The thing we are most famous for is our chocolate coated candied orange peel (wow that’s a mouthful)…It takes like 3 days to make it but SOOO worth it. Here’s the link if you want to check it out http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=1890

Happy Baking!

Jessica @ How Sweet December 23, 2011 at 5:27 am

love that you made all of that!! i feel like baking is never going to end…

Bonnie December 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

Thanks for sharing these recipes, I made the Nutella fudge and Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles because they looked so amazing. My freezer is already bursting with every Christmas cookie you can imagine but these were a big hit after supper last night. Thanks again for always sharing such great recipes. I love trying them and I know they will always be great !!! Merry Christmas Janetha to you and your family !

Lea @ Healthy Coconut December 23, 2011 at 11:55 am

I thought my baking list is done but after seeing these pictures, I might make room for the biscoff cookie dough balls. Thanks for sharing them, you’ve inspired me to add more treats for variety.

Merry Christmas to you, your family and Mamma B. Thanks for your support this year (especially when my mom was sick, I was really touched that Mama B. reached out to me. That meant to me more than you’ll ever know).