oh, hi!

by Janetha on December 11, 2011

in eating out,fun with friends,love life

hey guys! i kinda went MIA for a couple days, didn’t i? i have been busy living that thing called life.

friday night we had nick & dave over and dave made his famous vegan tacos.

dave is a great cook. he makes the most delicious vegan food ever! don’t worry, i finally paid attention and will be posting the recipe for the tacos soon. i have also asked dave to do a guest post vegan recipe every month.. let’s all encourage him to agree to my idea, kay?

saturday was jam packed. it was supposed to be a workout day, but since we had a lot to do, i made it my rest day. that means i have to muster up the energy to go to the gym sometime today. not sure where that energy is hiding right now, but i will find it. it is dedicated december, after all.

marshall & i headed to a new-to-us spot for brunch yesterday.

finn’s is located on 11th east and about 16th south in SLC. it is a scandanavian diner. it’s very cute and cozy inside.

we were quickly seated and served coffee and cheese biscuits while perusing the menu.

IMG_8258IMG_8255IMG_8256

i went with an egg white omelette with spinach, mushrooms, and havarti cheese. i LOVE havarti! restaurants rarely have this cheese so i had to jump on the chance. my meal also came with super crispy hashbrowns (love them like this) and wheat toast.

IMG_8260IMG_8261

finn’s was delicious and we will definitely be back.

we had to be in herriman (which is about 40 minutes south of our house) at 4 PM and we were already in salt lake, so we decided to bum around for a few hours instead of going home.

we headed to the mall, which was probably an INSANE idea since it was a saturday in december.. but i really wanted to check out the H&M that utah finally got.

it was a mad house and by the time i got out of there my anxiety level was maxed out, but i did get a couple cute tops and a scarf for extra cheap, so it was worth it.

we had to get out of the crowded mall, so we headed to RC willey. i had been looking for a desk since june—when marshall said i could pick one out for my birthday. we have been looking and looking (and LOOKING) with no luck.. until yesterday!

cute and full of compartments.. i can’t wait to start using it! marshall’s picking it up for me on monday.

i didn’t have any water the whole time we were running around and i was parched.  we headed to jamba juice and snagged a couple of smoothies before heading to marshall’s dad’s place in herriman.

i was a lazy blogger and didn’t bust out the camera, but we had a delicious meal that sandy, marshall’s stepmom, prepared. turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad.. all the holiday favorites.

we buzzed home to check on penny and randy before heading to our next event. since we’d left them alone all day, we decided to take them for a run at the park. they were super stoked to get some fresh air—albeit freezing cold air.

next up was lindsay and brandon’s annual holiday party. i have been so busy lately and haven’t seen any of my friends, so it was rad to hang out with everyone.

lindsay went to town with the pinterest ideas.. the white painted bottles, the pretzel kiss treats, and the minty chocolate chip cookies were all pinterest projects of hers. gotta love that website!

IMG_8278IMG_8282IMG_8274

there was so much festive food! i mainly zeroed in on the cookies (does that surprise you?) but marshall had a serious affair with the meat and cheese tray from caputo’s. he came to the conclusion that meat and cheese trays are seriously underrated and need to make appearances more often. amen.

we ate, drank, and were merry all night long.

IMG_8296IMG_8297IMG_8314IMG_8300IMG_8302

i always try to get marshall to give me a tooth smile in photos, but he never will. i used a joke on him to try to finagle a smiley shot, but it ended up just making us laugh instead—no successful photo.

IMG_8303IMG_8304IMG_8305

marshall and i  were almost the last ones there. it was about 1 AM and everyone was gone. me and lindsay decided we are old and everyone goes home early. but we are never too old for a formal photo in front of the tree!

thanks for having us, linds and brandon.

i slept in until 11 today—you all know i am an advanced level sleeper.  once i rolled out of bed, i made a vanilla protein shake and paired it with peanut butter and jam toast.

and now, i am typing this, trying to put off the gym.. but i know it needs to be done. i better hop to it so i can get back in time to see the packers beat the raiders!

hope your weekend was wonderful.. until next time!

p.s. round 1 of dedicated december is over and we had 1,572 workouts logged! WOW! sweet! the winner of round 1 of dedicated december (the jamie eason livefit trainer supplement stack) is #772: claire @ live and love to eat. congrats! please use the contact page above to send me your shipping address.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn December 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Stoppp I think the laughing pictures are cute! You two are such muffins.

Also I want those cookies. Your friend is a Pinning QUEEN.

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy December 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Brandon never tooth smiles in pictures either. But I always end up thinking the natural/laughing pictures are the cutest anyways ;)

Holly December 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a blast just living life :)

Elizabeth @ reads recipes runs December 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm

That restaurant looks so good! I am going to have to go with the fam while they’re here for the holidays :)

Missy December 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Yeah I laughed cause your “funny email friday” post said “I’ll be back later with a legit post”….um yeah I kept checking (hoping to hear about the funny story with the GB ornaments that you spoke of) but no Janetha to be found! But I am glad you were “living life” – especially shopping at H&M!
And that is a great desk! Hope you show us it set up in your house.
Have a great Sunday!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List December 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Marshall has GREAT teeth!! He should smile more! Tell him Lindsay said so.

The Delicate Place December 11, 2011 at 1:57 pm

i love h&m and was just about to ask for the recipe (taco meat is mushroom???) it’s a mystery! i gravitate to anything that has mint and chocolate. it’s my absolute favorite combo! i did laury’s (the fitness dish) booty buster workout today and vommed in my mouth so i’d say it was pretty successful. now i’ll have to take 2 rest days in a row muahaha. i don’t like working out too much during the week anyway. i love christmas parties! my work one is tuesday evening and rumor has it there will be copious wine & heavy hors d’oeuvres. :)

Betty December 11, 2011 at 2:19 pm

LOVE the desk and LOVELOVELOVE your hair! Did you just use a curling iron!? Hopefully I’ll be back to the normal workout routine, today was the first day I didn’t feel like complete death; my first taste of the real world/ no insurance :( sounds like you had a fun weekend!!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats December 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm

The pictures of you and Marshall laughing are priceless! :) Also-I want those minty chocolate chip cookies! Yum!

Maren December 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm

You were even missing from the instagram world! Hope you are having a nice weekend! I just got back from the gym and it. was. AWESOME! I love being able to sweat again (even if it’s only on the spin bike). I can’t get enough of it!

p.s. your hair is awesome in the pics above. What’d you do?

Liz @ iheartvegetables December 11, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh my gosh that sounds like a fantastic Saturday! My mom and I always make those pretzel + kiss + M&M treats and they never ever last long :)

Kristabel@RaceReady December 11, 2011 at 3:15 pm

You know how to have a good time! And how to pick out a desk haha, I love all the little cubbies too!

lindsay December 11, 2011 at 3:24 pm

wow, thats a lot of dedicated decembers! sweet!
Looks like a great weekend.
p.s.
Can you do a tutorial on how you get your hair like that. Must me a UTAH trick cause all you girls do it so nice.
;)

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm

The pinterest ideas are awesome! I loooveee the bottles and all the desserts look too delicious. Such cute pictures! :)

Erica December 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Im terrible and have not logged my workouts-whooops. Ive been mia as well. Sometimes its just toooo much to blog. Love you with wavy hair! I love those pretzel kiss treats

Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon December 11, 2011 at 4:56 pm

My friend and I used to make those pretzel/hershey kiss/m&m treats all the time in high school!! They’re so fun!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) December 11, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Yeah, those waiters look really authentically scandinavian lol.

Are those Abby’s pretzel hugs? Marshall has a gorgeous smile! You’re lookin’ mighty fine. YES to living!

Lauren December 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm

What a lovely party and loaded with good food. The new desk is gorgeous! Glad you are having a fantastic weekend my friend.

Pure2raw twins December 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

you look so pretty! love the hat

looked like a great party

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 11, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Love the outfit!

Cute food–I gotta get on pinterest asap!

Nicole @Sugar Coated Sisters December 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm

YUM vegan tacos! I’d love to see the recipe!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga December 12, 2011 at 4:47 am

congrats on your desk…it looks great!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning December 12, 2011 at 5:50 am

I loooooove that desk- and am so jealous. I want it! (But, thank you- it gives me a clear visual of exactly the kind of desk I want to buy!)
A cookie table at a party is always a dangerous place for me…

Jessica December 12, 2011 at 8:01 am

Tell Dave PLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE will he do a guest post on vegan recipes? My family and I recently went vegetarian and I am always on the hunt that will keep my meat-loving husband happy. His tacos look.awesome. Please???
BTW, I want to eat that whole bowl of pretzel kiss treats. Yum.

Shannon December 12, 2011 at 9:20 am

Oh you and your husband would fit right in with my family! My dad’s family always (and I mean ALWAYS) has a tray of at the very least cheese and salami (has to be Molinari’s salami at that!) and we usually have cold cuts for whatever the get together is! Meat and cheese trays have been a big part of my life! Especially since my dad was the king of salami!

Paige @ RAN December 12, 2011 at 10:37 am

You have more strength than I do, Janetha! I went to the mall on Saturday, finally found a parking spot in the boonies, trekked inside, saw how crazy it was, started having major anxiety and walked right on back to my car. Another day…Christmas shopping can wait!

Sami December 12, 2011 at 11:18 am

sweet party! i love your earrings (the ones that you were having the giveaway for!). looks like you all had a blast. can’t wait for the taco recipe!

xo.

Allison December 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’ve never been to a Scandanavian restaurant- what types of food do they serve?!

P.S. I totes made those pretzel-kiss treats yesterday [thank you Pinterest] :D

griselda December 12, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I need that taco recipe!!! :) looks delish

Leah December 13, 2011 at 10:01 am

Yes please Dave’s vegan recipes!!!!