awesome things iii.

by Janetha on November 1, 2011

in random rambles,Uncategorized

it’s that time again.

image image

now that it is established that we are both awesome, let me tell you what else is awesome.

randy got his teeth cleaned.

photo

his breath is so fresh! best $144 i have spent in a long time. he also got his nails clipped, a heartworm screening and his annual shots. so did penny. if you need a good, affordable vet and live up north.. check out the layton animal hospital. their info is on that photo above and they have been really great (we just started going there recently because we couldn’t afford our other vet even though we love him!)

photo booths.

i LOVE photo booths! here are a couple gems from the wedding the other weekend.

image image

putting a vanilla cinnamon tea bag in my coffee mug.

i started doing this last week on a whim. best idea i’ve had in a long time—it made for a tasty coffee concoction in a snap! now i want to go buy all sorts of flavors of tea to stash into my coffee mug (with my coffee) in the morning.

this magnet.

my boss bought this for me.

photo

the funny thing is the NIGHT BEFORE he gave it to me, i saw this print on pinterest and repinned it! it was so twilight zone. i love when things like that happen.

but, anyway, isn’t it awesome? yes.  and if you are wondering.. yes, my boss is a huge advocate of me never having children and working for him for the rest of my life. he’s not shy about it at all.

my new handmade earrings.

photo

my friend / former co-worker lindsay made these. SHE MADE THEM! by hand! from polymer clay. i am in LOVE with them.  she’s so creative.

homemade applesauce.

i went to lunch with emily today. FINALLY. i missed that girl! she is a sweetheart and brought me a bottle of applesauce.  that she made herself. from apples she grew in her backyard. i know.

thanks, em! it was so good to see you and i can’t wait to try the applesauce.. but even more, i can’t wait to see you again.

it snowed today.

i didn’t witness it first hand because i work at a window company in an office with no windows, but facebook made sure to tell me that it was, in fact, snowing today. seeing the white-capped mountains on my drive home this evening made me smile real big. haters can hate—i LOVE wintertime.

happy november! we can discuss all the national food holidays for november later, or you can find out what they are and comment on my facebook page if you can’t possibly wait another moment to discuss them.

Q~

tell me.. what is awesome in your life today?

previous awesome things…

Beth @ Beth's Journey November 1, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Today was awesome because I had a great workout and then I packed… because I leave for California first thing tomorrow!! xo

Franzi November 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I got engaged on Saturday, so my life couldn’t be any more awesome right now!!! :) Love your blog!

Janetha November 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm

NICE! congrats!

Christie November 2, 2011 at 12:01 am

Today was awesome because I got offered a new job with a company I love! Yay!

I love that magnet – its so funny :)

April November 2, 2011 at 12:29 am

That is a great idea about the tea bag in the coffee! I need to grab some of that tea from TJ’s first.

My awesome thing is that I registered for my last semester of grad classes today! Pretty exciting.

Kris @ spabettie November 2, 2011 at 12:32 am

that is an awesome magnet – I need it. I also like whatever is above it, simply because it is tooth of hound…

;)

awesome things? Jason is home ALL week – no travel! :D

Heather (Heather's Dish) November 2, 2011 at 12:43 am

My Georgia mud pie blizzard…now may I have another?! :)

momma b. November 2, 2011 at 12:58 am

So happy the pups got all checked out!
I’m hanging in sunny San Diego….pretty awesome!
xo

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 2, 2011 at 2:06 am

What was awesome = I got my hair done!

I would love a photo booth machine. In my house…haha! That would be fun.

Snow…ugh. Better you than me! Stay warm!

Lou November 2, 2011 at 3:52 am

Love the earrings! It’s so hard to find cool ones for big holes, what a clever friend :) Ha, my son ruined my carpet more so than my dog (baby spew, baby pee, the list goes on!)

Awesome things in my life = chocolate tahini mmm

cathy@1970kikiproject November 2, 2011 at 6:06 am

yea for snow! (for YOU! for YOU!) – happily, we are snow-free, to date, this fall…and i hope it stays that way for a while!
“windowless in a window company” – love it!
the earrings are super fun – reminds me that we’re heading into CRAFT SHOW SEASON! i love visiting these with my mom.
for me, one little awesome thing yesterday is that my favourite pb is on sale this week at my grocery store – i stocked up!

Lauren November 2, 2011 at 6:58 am

Tea in coffee? That sounds like a fantastic idea! I don’t really like tea by itself but I think I could try this coffee/tea thing. Love Emily! :) Glad things are going well for you hun.

Sierra November 2, 2011 at 7:17 am

Tea and coffee mix sounds like a winning combo. I am going to have to try it.

Awesome? Well the weather in Cape Town is amazing (seasons are reversed here). Yesterday I was so in awe of being outside that I went and ran with my running club. It was such a whim, but it was fantastic.

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope November 2, 2011 at 7:22 am

Tea and coffee together sounds really tasty! I can imagine it might taste like flavored syrup depending on the flavor of tea you use. I’m going to have to try it. :)

What is awesome in my life today is that it’s supposed to go up to 60 degrees today. I’m looking forward to some warm weather after the snow we got over the weekend.

Aleks November 2, 2011 at 7:57 am

love those earrings!

today is awesome because:

i. i got up for a run at 6:07 this morning. that never happens, but i was strongly motivated by my awesome dinner plans. which brings me to…
ii. i am going out for lebanese food today! i got used to getting a regular lebanese fix when i lived in dubai for 2.5 years, and i have been really missing it here in dublin. give me some falafel, hummus and shawarma, and i’m a very happy camper.
iii. i am wearing a teal dress and tan leather knee-hight boots today at work. wearing cute and comfy boots is my #1 thing i missed about not having winter.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 2, 2011 at 8:20 am

Okay, not gonna lie, the hot dog in the first picture kind of reminds me of the Christmas poop from South Park.

Awesomeness in my life today is that I’m going to San Francisco TOMORROW!! YAY!

Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen November 2, 2011 at 8:21 am

That tea sounds awesome! I’m stalking the grocery stores here waiting for my favourite candy cane lane tea to come out again.

Today I got to work on time… which is awesome for me haha.

PBJenny November 2, 2011 at 8:50 am

tea and coffee? does that mean it tastes like toffee?

oh, that was embarrassingly lame. either way, you’re brilliant! Can’t wait to try this tomorrow. Or today. It’s not even 9:00 yet.. I can use more caffeine!

Janetha November 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm

HA! i love that. yes. toffee.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 2, 2011 at 9:13 am

I need that puppy in my life.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels November 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

tell your boss to get you a window to seal the deal on the no babies thing!

Jillian @ sprinkle massacre November 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

November is national peanut butter lovers month.

Susan November 2, 2011 at 10:01 am

Homemade gifts are the best, no? Especially when they are food and accessories.

What’s awesome in my life today is that it is a GORGEOUS fall day, I have leftovers for lunch, and an indoor picnic date with a friend.

Paige @ RAN November 2, 2011 at 10:08 am

That’s such a great idea to put a vanilla teabag into your coffee! Not only do you get a lovely taste…but twice the caffeine!!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 2, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Good point, girl!!

Erica November 2, 2011 at 10:19 am

OMG- that magnet is hilarious :). And I want that applesauce stat. K has been VERY sick….so her being healthy will BE awesome. I’m getting my hair done tomorrow! And my Mom came here to watch K today so I finally got to exercise and run

Stacy November 2, 2011 at 10:52 am

Just had that tea last night! It was great! Now I gotta try it with my coffee–sounds like an awesome combo!!! ;)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List November 2, 2011 at 11:30 am

I really can’t think of anything but the show right now…opening night is tomorrow!! The AWESOME thing is = the show will be OVER on Sunday and I’ll get my life back!

julie November 2, 2011 at 11:32 am

tjs candy cane tea!!!!

sarah November 2, 2011 at 11:37 am

Looooove those earrings! So cute.. and I love the color. I sent a picture of the dog card to my momma hahah completely true for any dog lover out there.
I’ve never thought to put tea bags in my coffee.. what a cool idea! Especially as the weather gets cooler and all of the fun seasonal flavors start popping up :)

the delicate place November 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm

first ive been eyeing that tea at TJs but bought the decaf peppermint green instead which i LOVE! um…i need that magnet hahaha but sadly we don’t even have any pets over here in TDP (twss). awesome things in my life are having the freedom to do whatever i want, when i want after work. some nights this is chocolate and wine for dinner or a trip to the spa for pampering. i’ve been way more relaxed lately because i dropped my work out schedule to 3-4days weekly instead of the insane 5-6x i was doing. i like being lazy and enjoying life!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats November 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm

We are having our first snow here as well. I wish I had a beautiful mountain view to go along with it! :) Something awesome in my life today was getting to run/lift lower body weights for the first time in 36 days! So excited!

Hallie November 2, 2011 at 3:00 pm

OMG 144? It’s going to cost me $700 to get my dog’s teeth cleaned. Did you have to put your pup under anesthesia? That’s why it costs us so much.

Janetha November 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Yep! That’s what the $144 was for–he was put under and they were cleaned all for $144. Such a deal. At our old vet, it was almost double that. But wow.. $700?! That’s a ton!

Jessica Corbin November 2, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Well, I ran a bit over 6 miles and burned close to 900 calories!!! I call them “little bastards” haha….and it was AWESOME!!!! Also, I sang two songs for karaoke!! OMGosh, been since I was 21 that I did that! I sure hope snow does NOT come to Western Washington….good luck!

katie November 2, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Awesome right now is that Im going to Foodbuzz Fest! Not so awesome, you are not! But you will be in SanDiego!!! Awesome ; )

Love the magnet, haha!

xoxo <3

Cassy November 2, 2011 at 4:18 pm

LOVE those earrings! and LOVE that magnet!! so perfect.

whole foods hot bar for lunch- pretty awesome right now.

Cyndie November 2, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I put a pumpkin spice tea bag in my coffee today after reading this post! cool idea.

Also, I’m thinking of getting my ears gauged. I have my ears pierced but would like them gauged to about your size. How long did it take to get them like that? I love all your earrings that you have, too!

Janetha November 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Hey Cyndie! I started when I was 14 or 15 and worked my way up over the years.. I think I stopped (at a zero gauge) around the age of 20.. so I guess it was probably 5 years in total. I went slow, it’s possible to go much faster than that if you want! I started with a 16g, then I went to a 14g, then 12g, then skipped right to 8g, then 4g, then 2g and stopped at 0g. I stopped there because I started buying a ton of fun earrings and didn’t want them to go to waste. My friend (not the one who made the earrings above) makes polymer earrings for gauges and she makes fakers–check her out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachTreats

Tee @ She Writes, Bites, and Window Shops November 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

LOVE those earrings! What’s awesome to me right now:
– the start of the holiday season
– my best friend just got engaged
– 50 days until I travel home to see family and friends for Christmas

Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest November 2, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Love that magnet! I need that with cats instead of puppies. :)

I need to make homemade applesauce. My friend and I were just talking about it last night.

Today, I am not able to eat food because I am having the two procedures you had done recently. What is awesome though–I got to relax and nap while on my clear liquid diet.

Ty November 2, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I just bought that vanilla cinnamon tea the other day and am currently drinking it in the contigo mug I won from… you! Haha.

I love mixing tea and coffee! I think I’m going to try putting a bag of peppermint tea into my hot chocolate soon!

Ty November 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Oh and if you love pumpkin spice you should definitely try a scoop of Trader Joe’s pumpkin ice cream in your coffee. <.< Or a pumpkin spice hershey's kiss!

Christin@purplebirdblog November 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Those earrings are badass. I’m totally stealing your tea in the coffee idea. And my little fur-babies are in need of teeth cleanings as well, soon and very soon!

Errign November 2, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I love awesome things! I need to find McKinley a new vet because his vet right now is cuhrazy expensive!

Lara November 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm

JBean, did Randy get the non-anethesia dental cleaning? Or was he put down by a vet? I need to get the girls’ teeth cleaned next year and I’m not sure which method to go with….

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm

It was 88 degrees here today…aw-freakin-some

Tiffany November 2, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I think Lindsay needs to make some more earrings, you host a giveaway for said earrings and rig it for me to win—-yeah! I am seriously in love with the earrings since I go with the motto the bigger, the better when it comes to lobe jewelry–does she have other creations?

Thanks for posting Randy pics, I never knew if the money was worth it or not for doggie teeth cleaning. I sometimes call Lincoln Halle (short for Halitosis) b/c his breath is so stank and could kill a small child. I love how they put “randy” like thats supposedly his name.

janetha November 11, 2011 at 11:09 am

hahaha halle–that is hilarious! Lindsay is working on an etsy shop, but my other friend Tif has one: http://mealsandmovesblog.com/2011/11/10/old-school

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) November 3, 2011 at 10:06 am

adding the tea bag to coffee sounds like such a good idea! lately i’ve been adding spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice) but this sounds better! i love that vanilla tea from TJs

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli November 4, 2011 at 10:44 am

I had an awesome night out last Saturday and met a super hottie annnnnnnnd we have a date planned tomorrow! We’ll see, we’ll see… ;)

The tea bag in the coffee is a BRILLIANT idea! Can’t wait to try it out! And I LOVE that magnet…couldn’t help but laugh out loud at that! Haha!