LA trip: my two favorite things.

by Janetha on October 13, 2011

in dogs,eating out,fun with friends,travel

it’s colonoscopy day! i have no idea if i am going to feel up to writing a post, so i have this pre-written one scheduled to publish. and in all reality.. it doesn’t have a whole lot of content. hey, you can’t win them all!

you have seen the meals, the moves and everything in between from my LA trip. i saved the best for last: the ice cream & the dogs.

don’t worry.. we ate ice cream every single night.

that’s the best part about vacation!

imageimage

IMG_3643 IMG_3644 IMG_3646

IMG_3742IMG_3743 IMG_3747IMG_3745

clearly, we had our priorities straight.

i saw a LOT of cute dogs on my trip. i couldn’t go without posting about milo.. penny’s long lost relative. isn’t he a SWEETIE?

IMG_3698 IMG_3694

i get a little wacky when i see dogs. i am crazy. we also saw this cute little guy in a car outside of the gym.

IMG_3618 IMG_3621

AHH! i want to squeeze him.

yes, i just made a whole post out of ice cream and dog photos from my iphone. give me a break.. i haven’t eaten any food for almost 48 hours!

anyway.. i should be back in commission tomorrow. talk to you then!

Lauren @ What Lauren Likes October 13, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Ice cream every night ?! LOVE! Good call :)

Lauren October 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Good luck girl! I remember getting my colonoscopy done and the prep is the worst part. The actual procedure is a cinch. ;)

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 13, 2011 at 9:12 pm

A post all about ice cream?! YES PLEASE. You are my kinda gal. I’m a huge lover of ice cream and fro yo and all that good frozen, creamy stuff. Hope the colonoscopy goes well – eat something you love when it’s all done! :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Oh Janetha, I am sooo sorry to hear you’re going on 48 hrs without food. I hope these tests give you some conclusive results after all this and that you can find a solution to things…hang in there :)

The pics in this post are fab!

Kristina @ spabettie October 13, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I hope this finds something definitive for you, and I hope you are all back to normal soon.

I go crazy for dogs too… I love them all :D

Lisa @ Fit in the Midwest October 13, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Hope the procedure went well and you get some answers soon. I’m having mine done in a couple of weeks, oh joy!

Glad you got to eat lots of ice cream in LA. Love doing that on vacation.

Hope October 13, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I hope you are feeling better and that they can treat you for whatever is going on in your belly. :)

I love ice cream! I think it’s the perfect dessert for every night.

Erica October 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Two of my favorite things! Your hair looks gorgeous! Hope youre feeling well!!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 13, 2011 at 9:54 pm

like pulling a rabbit out of a hat!
Need updates!! Going to Twitter now!

Sable@SquatLikeALady October 13, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I hope the colonoscopy is OVER and you are in bed resting up :)

I will always ogle dog pictures. Always. I am crazy about anything with fur too. Well. Except humans with fur I guess.

dana @ my little celebration October 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm

puppies and ice cream. two thumbs up from this girl : )

happy day!

lindsay October 13, 2011 at 10:13 pm

hope it went well! that juice you drink is NASTY! you might need some extra froyo to wash it down after.

Meg October 13, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I hope that everything goes well with your colonoscopy! Lots of thoughts and prayers for you <3

SweatyGirl October 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm

oh my goddddd that chow!!!
Gah! so cute, it hurts my face!

Carolynne October 13, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Well you definitely have your priorities right in my opinion. Ice cream every night is a necessity! Good job :) LOVE IT.

Krista (kristastes) October 13, 2011 at 11:55 pm

love love love dogs & ice cream. and feel better x 8 million okay??

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 14, 2011 at 12:17 am

You only eat ice cream every day while on vacation? What is wrong with you!!?? If I HAPPEN to be in the vicinity of a fro yo shop, I will go there 7 or 8 days a week, unless I just ate lunch and I’m stuffed. I will not, however get up and go out to get it, so i guess that confirms that I’m not an addict, right? Right?

Love that app that you used on the first photo: spill it.

So glad that you are ok. I sprouted 140 hairs from you and another from Samantha getting out today. I told Eden that tomorrow I’ll wake up looking like Helen Mirren

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 14, 2011 at 12:19 am

I meant that I sprouted 140 GRAY hairs, but I probably also sprouted 140 regular ones on my chest.

janetha October 14, 2011 at 12:44 pm

that’s eden’s photo! you have to have her spill it. also, you are an amazing friend.

Carly October 14, 2011 at 1:13 am

I am not a dog person, but that last dog has convinced me otherwise. So so so cute!

Hope you are doing well! My bf had e coli poisoning this past week and had to get a colonoscopy. He’s a big baby and said it wasn’t too bad, so hopefully your experience isn’t too bad either!

Eden October 14, 2011 at 2:46 am

Yes, those two things were amazing.

My favorite things: you + Deb

Amanda October 14, 2011 at 3:49 am

Ice cream is a food group….. : D

I want to snuggle those dogs soooooooooo bad!!!!!

Eden October 14, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Janetha and I always say that when we’re “full” there’s a special compartment in our stomachs for the “ice cream group”. Only ice cream can go in there.

Yes, this is a medical fact. ;)

cathy October 14, 2011 at 6:31 am

hope everything went ok, j!
i am waiting for the day you post nothing but cereal pictures.
happy friday!

katie October 14, 2011 at 6:46 am

This would be my dream vacation, ice cream every day!

Hope you have a good day today love, so glad the testing is over !

Love you!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 14, 2011 at 7:12 am

I get nutty around dogs too and talk in my “doggie” voice. I guess it’s the same way that other women my age act when they get around babies.
I’ll take the doggies for now.

Good luck today!!

Brittany October 14, 2011 at 7:17 am

You should have more ice cream and dog posts because I loved this one. I am all about having ice cream or fro yo every night on vacay. :)

I hope your colonoscopy went well lady and I really hope it helps figure out what’s been going on with your bod. xoxo

Sarah@The Flying ONION October 14, 2011 at 8:23 am

Haha…I am so with you on the dog thing. I go crazy whenever I see one. Both of those dogs are too adorable for words, and that last one just looks like a giant teddy bear. Sigh. I need a dog in my life. ;)

natalie (the sweets life) October 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

ice cream is a must on vacation. we also always eat it every day, sometimes twice a day (no shame).

anxiously awaiting to hear how your procedure went. hopefully you can finally enjoy some more ice cream this weekend :)

Courtney October 14, 2011 at 10:20 am

THAT DOG IS SO BAD-A!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz @ Southern Charm October 14, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Love this post!! I mean, who doesn’t love ice cream and dogs?? Let’s be real!!

Good luck today and I’ll be thinking about you!

Lara October 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I love everything about this post <3

debbie (accidently delish) October 14, 2011 at 6:29 pm

i love ice cream and dogs, so i’m totally ok with this post!

hope you are recovering well <3

Jenn (GH) October 18, 2011 at 3:16 am

That 2nd to the last photo just kills me. ADORABLE!!!