words on a wednesday.

by Janetha on October 5, 2011

in random rambles

i am going to minus the bear tonight! weeeeeeeeeeeee! favorite band. marshall & i had our first kiss after a minus the bear show in 2007…

marshallll

(may 25, 2007…who knew he’d end up being my husband?)

…and have gone to see them live several times since then.

most recently was two days before our wedding last year (why do i have no photos of that night?!) and another time was in november 2009 (oh good, found photos of that night.)

image image

we also took a road trip four years back to see them play in LA—the one and only time i’ve been to LA and it was ONLY for the show.

abc 006

young love :)

anyway, the point of all this rambling is to tell you that between my job, the gym, dinner and then the concert… i don’t have time post any meals & moves tonight.  what i AM doing is posting a whole bunch of words—some wise, some weird, and some just funny–that i have pinned lately. they’re too good not to share. enjoy!

that last one is my favorite. and the story of my life.

check ya later alligators!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 5, 2011 at 6:21 pm

I can totally relate to pretty much all of these! Love ’em. The voicemail one is definitely me…I hate checking my voicemail.

Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) October 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Kid you not, my husband and I had our first kiss on May 25, 2007… that was our official ‘anniversary’ until we got married! Ours was after a romantic Italian dinner sneaking onto the private dock of a row of houseboats on Lake Union (ala Sleepless in Seattle). *sigh*

Anyway, I instantly got the ‘aww too cute’ feeling looking at your picture and had to share!

janetha October 6, 2011 at 11:45 am

I LOVE THIS! That’s really awesome. Glad you shared!

Jessiker October 5, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Haha these made my day. I specifically remember a photo of you guys all sitting on the grass at the MTB concert before your wedding… You had drinks in hand. I know one exists. Miss you. I love your words.

Janetha @ meals & moves October 5, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I mean…. It was at bricks. With no grass… And inside. But that’s ok. Haha.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I love these. I saw the last one on someone else’s blog yesterday. I laughed then and now. ha!

The first two I think are written with me in mind :)

Erica October 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm

hahhaha- I can’t go to bed- shit is happening on the internet. Love it. Have SO much fun! Sounds like its a special and meaningful show!

Amanda October 5, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Enjoy Minus the Bear! I hope they play my favorite, “Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse” So good.

Have lots of fun!

janetha October 6, 2011 at 11:44 am

You would have loved it–it was their 10 year reunion and they played Highly Refined Pirates in its entirety! Plus a few extras at the end. They are in LA November 1!

Meg October 5, 2011 at 7:40 pm

My husband and I met right around that same time! Though not at minus the bear… never heard of it but I like your taste so I’ll be checking it out.

I like “the best way to get even is to forget”. Such words of wisdom for someone like me who may or may not hold a grudge.. ;)

Carly October 5, 2011 at 7:42 pm

These are awesome! I sometimes get so demotivated to clean my house, it lasts for such a short time!

Tamara @ The Stretch Jean Incident October 5, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Aww, that’s so cool that you and Marshall had your first kiss at a MTB show! My fiancé’s a fan of them as well- he got me into them after we first started dating and we saw them live a few years ago. Have fun!

Lauren October 5, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I love these! My favorite is “I may not be perfect but parts of me are pretty awesome.” This is so FaceBook status worthy. ;)

Michelle October 5, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Love MTB! I’ve seen them a bunch!. The Velvet Teen, who is playing with them, are equally awesome guys. They’re friends of mine!

Cait @ Cait hates Cake October 5, 2011 at 8:27 pm

That voicemail one is my favorite cause it’s SO true.

Brittany October 5, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Aww that is adorable! Have so much fun at the concert :)
I lovelovelove those quotes. They are all so true!

lindsay October 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm

good times! enjoy that tonight and thanks for the words, I needed to hear that internet one today!

Corey @ Learning Patience October 5, 2011 at 9:10 pm

thanks for this…my bestie in houston needed one of these — it really motivated her to get to the gym…thanks girl!

xoxo from Trinidad

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 5, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Having read from start to beginning within a 2-3 month period of time (your whole blog from start to finish), I KNEW he was the one! You were enamored! Still are!

Jess@atasteofconfidence October 5, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Have fun! I love how much history you and Marshall and the band have.

Kerryne October 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Hilarious and most of them are the story of my life. Have a great night lady!

Paige @ Running Around Normcal October 5, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Aww, Janetha – you and Marshall are SO CUTE together:) Hope you have fun at the concert!
Love those signs! Before I read this, I checked the time and thought “man, I gotta get ready for bed…but after reading Janetha’s post!!” LOL

Marg October 5, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Humm… I read “miss the beer”… Love the sayings, all so right.

momma b. October 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Just perfect! There’s a few I ought to print and hang up.
Have a terrific time tonight!
Love you both xo!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) October 5, 2011 at 10:19 pm

oh I love those and posted some of them! I love the one ‘I may not be perfect but parts are me are pretty awesome” so stealing that, thank you!!!

xo

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 5, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I’m so behind the timed- I’m not even a “pinner” oh well. That first shot of you and Marshall shows the love in your eyes and perhaps a buzz :-P haha.

Those signs are great- the one about getting stuff done at the last minute is so true. Once I had to pack within minutes to get to my sick Dad in Florida on the very next plane and I literally had about 7 minutes to pack. BEST packing job I ever did to this day.

Can’t wait til tomorrow gahhhhhhh

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 5, 2011 at 10:20 pm

times (no excuse, I’m not even on my damn iphone)

Heather (Heather's Dish) October 5, 2011 at 11:19 pm

have fun at the concert!!! and thanks for the words…there’s a bunch in there that inspire and uplift :)

Lindsay October 6, 2011 at 12:13 am

i love those quotes!! have fun at the show!! :) ps: the sounds in less than 2 weeks!! weeee!!!!!!

melissanibbles October 6, 2011 at 5:11 am

I love Minus The Bear!! Hope it was a blast!

cathy October 6, 2011 at 6:00 am

hope you had fun!! i love that photo of you and marshall under which you wrote “young love” – you’re both so joyous in expression.
thanks for the collection of sayings – these are all great. “the best way to get even is to forget” – awesome.

katie October 6, 2011 at 6:58 am

Hope you lovebirds had fun at the concert and had a steamy kiss after to relive the first one! Ha!

Love you!

Di October 6, 2011 at 8:36 am

Um, the words you pinned about only checking voicemail so the icon goes away? That’s SO ME. I can’t handle it. I know. I’m weird. :)

Hope you had a blast at the concert!

Shannon October 6, 2011 at 10:01 am

Love those quotes!! and what a great memory from the concert :) hope it was a blast!

Emily October 6, 2011 at 10:42 am

I love all those words!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 6, 2011 at 10:49 am

LOVE that one about “I don’t stop when I’m tired”. I think I will start repeating that during tough workouts. Hope you had a great time last night! Love you!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 6, 2011 at 11:27 am

Aw, this was so cute!! I love the story about the band and you and Marshall! Greg and I have a special band that means a lot to us too, and we see them (or him- a solo act) every year. It might sound weird, but it’s Colin Hay, the singer from the 80s band Men at Work. Right after we started dating, we discovered that we both loved his music! We even danced to one of his songs as the first dance at our wedding. :)

debbie (accidently delish) October 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm

LOVE minus the bear. have a great time <3

it's been so long since I have been to a show. ahh i miss it so much. Phoenix just really does not have a good music scene.

Alta October 6, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Love these words! I think I should totally have that Julia Child thing printed on canvas and hung in my house. Greatness. And that best friends thought? Awesome. :) And totally true.

Ananda October 6, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Hey look, Marshall has nice teeth! haha. My fiance refuses to show his teeth when he smiles too….

the delicate place October 6, 2011 at 1:54 pm

i <3 MTB. and i can totally relate to the 'can't go to bed shit is happening on the internet' pic. um…it happens more often that i care to admit lol. also…about the cleaning. usually i'm a neat freak but don't even ask me how long it's been since i cleaned the bathroom. whoops! i blame new job and loving life. nate & i started dating in 06 and got engaged in 07. i can't believe it's been that long as i'm sure you are surprised at how time flies with marshall! crazy no?

LauraJayne October 6, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Hope you had fun last night (I’m sure you did) and love the “pins”! I am totally anal about cleaning my house – but I think it only stays clean because I’m never there!

Kristina @ spabettie October 6, 2011 at 4:14 pm

these are all so awesome – I especially love the best friends one and the missing someone!

aw! love that you remember the date of your first kiss. so do Jason and I – it’s one of our monthly “anniversaries” :D cheesy? yep. do I love it? YEP.

have a great time tonight!!

Christin October 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm

You and your Hubby are so cute together!!

Those are great quotes…I like the one about missing someone…awesome!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather October 6, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Haha I love those, especially the last… I need to show the husband. Hope you have a great time. Sounds like a special band for you guys. You two are just top cute.

Pure2raw twins October 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm

thanks girl for posting these quotes tonight, they are exactly what I needed to hear tonight! it has been some very long days here and I just needed to laugh and get my mind off things!!!! thank you thank you ;) HUGS

Ali October 7, 2011 at 9:35 am

Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse was on the very first CD my Husband made for me when we were dating. We played it at our wedding. Hope you enjoyed the concert. Awesome band!

Camille @MontrealFitness October 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm

ahah! I love the quotes! :)

Kim @ The Family Practice October 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I love all of these! My favorite might be the “clean house is a sign of a wasted life” – I might have to get that framed, or at the very least put it on my fridge :)

megan @ muncher cruncher October 7, 2011 at 3:19 pm

You are darling ALL through the years! Oh, and I am obsessed with pinterest! :) xoxoxo

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 8, 2011 at 1:01 pm

My fav is “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.” LOVE it.

Hope ya had fun at the concert!!