more wedding bells.

by Janetha on October 2, 2011

in fun with friends,love life

right now i am laid up on my couch with a pounding headache and a strong urge to barf. haven’t barfed yet, but i am not making any promises that i won’t. it sucks that i am feeling ill because i am missing amber’s birthday party right this very minute. i just wish my body would cooperate with me…

…instead, i will blog about happier times, like last night! (plus, i know you want to hear me complain about being sick about as much as marshall wants to eat a mushroom and ketchup birthday cake. oh, by the way, he hates mushrooms and ketchup. i know.)

my dear friend lindsay got married to her fiancé, brandon, last night. the wedding was located up millcreek canyon (in salt lake city) at log haven. i had never been to log haven before and was absolutely floored at how gorgeous the venue was.

the ceremony was held outside, overlooking the mountains, tress with color-changing leaves and a glorious waterfall. i didn’t want to bust out my big camera for the ceremony, but i did snag an iPhone shot of the beautiful setting.

after the newlyweds’ nuptials, we took it to the open deck for drinks and hors d’oeuvres.

IMG_5000  IMG_5001IMG_5002IMG_5009  IMG_4995

there was a live string band (i have no idea what the real term for this type of band is called and am too lazy to google it) setting the mood and adding to the ambiance.

the mushroom filled pastries being passed around were incredible. i couldn’t help going back for seconds.

IMG_5004IMG_5005  IMG_5006

i took a moment to sign this poster—they had this tree instead of a guest book. isn’t it a great idea?! all the guests signed the leaves and they can hang it in their home to admire for years to come. clever.

IMG_4988IMG_4989

after a bit of mingling, we sat down to enjoy a delicious dinner.  it started to sprinkle (luckily AFTER the ceremony) so they covered the deck with a canopy. the canopy paired with the later hour and low lighting meant one thing: flash photography. sometimes, you gotta.

my dinner consisted of chicken in a savory caper sauce, field greens and sundried tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette, roasted asparagus and zucchini, grapes and an olive-infused roll.

it was DELICIOUS. log haven has a restaurant that serves food from the same kitchen this delicious meal came from. i think i need to venture up the canyon to dine at the restaurant sooner rather than later.

my tablemates & wedding date~

kristen + rory.

lindsay + greg.

me + marsh.

i managed to snag some face time with the happy couple—don’t they make a great pair?

lindsay was a beautiful bride. her dress was stunning and when i first saw her walking down the aisle, it brought tears to my eyes. seriously breathtaking.

after dinner, there was the traditional wedding must-dos: first dances, toasts and cake cutting!

IMG_4991IMG_5023IMG_5025

the carrot cake with whipped cream cheese icing was so (dare i say the word i hate so much) moist. there’s just no other way to describe it. i am not a big icing fan, so i snagged a slice with a minimal amount.

the rest of the evening was spent dancing the night away. i have two left feet when it comes to dancing, but i wanted to hang out with everyone so i was forced to shuffle around awkwardly on the dance floor. i caught a glimpse of marshall laughing at me from the sidelines (although he adamantly denies it!)

the evening ended with the traditional bouquet toss and garter throw. no wedding is complete without this!

IMG_5037  IMG_5038IMG_5041IMG_5045  IMG_5048

we sent the couple off with tons and tons of eco-friendly confetti.

when the staff at log haven saw that all the guests had bags of confetti, they tried to veto the use of it because confetti isn’t allowed to be thrown in the canyon. however, lindsay’s mom is on top of it and made sure the confetti was eco-friendly! she really thought of everything.

IMG_5057IMG_5055

it was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple. i am so happy they found each other, they make a great pair!

congratulations, lindsay, i love you.. MISSUS.

and now, if you will excuse me, i am going to go eat some saltines and sip on some lemon-lime soda.

Lindsay October 2, 2011 at 1:15 am

yay! such a beautiful bride and such a fun time!! ps: you don’t have 2 left feet!! :)

Jackie Smith October 2, 2011 at 2:32 am

What a GORGEOUS bride–I absolutely adore her dress & hair. She is glowing!

(Just puke, you’ll feel better. Hang in there.) :(

momma b. October 2, 2011 at 2:51 am

Oh bless your heart…..what’s going on??
the wedding looked wonderful.
Please get well….love you xo.

elise October 2, 2011 at 3:14 am

dude, im so sorry you feel like a$$…hope your body gets better soon. when is that MD appt again?

more random comments: marshall and kyle have the mushroom thing in common, but kyle puts ketchup on everything.
the brides dress is SOOOOO gorgeous!

Erica October 2, 2011 at 4:12 am

Beautiful wedding! Love that they went with carrot cake! Feel better

cathy October 2, 2011 at 5:57 am

i hope you are feeling much better today, j. not fun times.
thanks for sharing the wedding – i love wedding recaps! i esp love the scenic view, the cake, and lindsay’s dress. oh, and i love the tree idea and the enviro-friendly confetti. so glad you got to share in this happiest of occasions with your friends!
take care!!!!

Meg October 2, 2011 at 6:31 am

YOU, my friend are gorgeous :)

I LOVE weddings! Yay! And guess what! My best friend just got engaged last night :D

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 2, 2011 at 7:23 am

You snagged a piece of cake with minimal frosting…and of all cake, carrot cake frosting is THE BEST. Oh I would have eaten your frosting portion and then some for you :)

Susan October 2, 2011 at 7:40 am

Ohno! When I read your first sentence I was hoping you were the good kind of sick (you know, hungover). Get lots of rest my friend! I know what it’s like to have a body that just won’t work, and it’s always best to just give in to it!

Other notes include: I love Lindsay’s dress. I’m not a big white gown person, but hers is really pretty with the gold band. Also, nice choice on the carrot wedding cake. That is my favourite kind!

Love you! xoxo

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 2, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I love how you put it, Susan – “the good kind of sick” ;)

Janetha – I hope you feel better this morning, love!

katie October 2, 2011 at 8:16 am

I hope you feel better today love, sending lots of get better wishes <3

She made a BEAUTIFUL bride, what a sweet couple! Her wedding was beautiful too, how breathtaking the scenery was , I love it!

Glad you had a fun time at the wedding!

Get better, love you! xoxo <3

Katy October 2, 2011 at 8:48 am

Stunning bride! Gorgeous dress.

Michelle October 2, 2011 at 9:32 am

Wow – what a gorgeous wedding!! Seeing wedding pictures (and going to weddings) makes me want to get married all over again. And then I remember how much they cost!

Hope you feel better :(

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 2, 2011 at 9:33 am

If I’m feeling particularly barfy, I drink a big swig of Apple Cider Vinegar. Tastes horrible, but does the trick. Either a) you’ll feel better or b) it’ll make you barf anyway. So you really can’t lose.

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats October 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

Love the bride’s dress!

Kiah October 2, 2011 at 12:29 pm

You and your husband are so stylish! My husband and I were just talking about moving to UT after we graduate from grad school (2 more years…) because his family is there, and I was saying that if we did, I’d want to be closer to the city (vs. the suburbs :-)). Beautiful pictures like this make me more excited (than nervous) at the idea.

Carbzilla October 2, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Oh honey, I’m so sorry you’re sick. Sounds like a classic migraine. I had two last month, and they were brutal. Ice on the head helps.

For the record, I did not have a bouquet toss or garter toss at my wedding. I just wasn’t into it – my 37 year-old single friends didn’t want to go through the humiliation of being pulled out on the dance floor, and there was no way I was going through the garter embarrassment. To each their own. :)

Looks like a gorgeous wedding! You really do have the most beautiful friends!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 2, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Get well soon lady! :) Good call on the cake with minimal frosting! lol.

Carly October 2, 2011 at 1:02 pm

What a beautiful bride, I am in love with her dress!

Hope you feel better ASAP!

Jess@atasteofconfidence October 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Looks like a beautiful wedding. Love the cake.
Feel better soon!

Amanda October 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Hope you feel better asap friend! Next week, you need to be 100%!

That wedding dress is stunning, gorgeous bride!

Krista (kristastes) October 2, 2011 at 2:12 pm

beautiful wedding…I hope you feel better ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hug!

Susan October 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Feel better!

Meg October 2, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Ugh, I hope you feel better. I have been in that situation with a nauseating headache. Miserable.

Leah October 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Janetha, I hate the m-word too!! My friends and family know better than to use it around me. Looks like y’all had fun!

Leah

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope October 3, 2011 at 8:44 am

What a beautiful wedding! Her dress is stunning! I love the idea of the tree. So cute :)

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Hooray for carrot wedding cake- that’s what I had!
Love the idea of a wedding tree. We had everyone sign a mat around a photo of us, which is still sitting in my office against a wall, unframed.
What a beautiful bride and wedding!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 3, 2011 at 9:34 am

Oh- and hope you feel better!! :) :) :)

Emily October 3, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Haha! Lindsay caught the bouquet! That looks like a super cute wedding. Miss you. xoxo

Angela Yates October 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Hope you feel better!

Katie May October 4, 2011 at 7:57 am

OHMYGOD! I got married at Log Haven too!!! Yayyy! Her wedding looks like it was beautiful!! I love weddings – I always cry. No matter what. Its embarrassing.

jessiker October 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm

String Quartet :)

jessiker October 5, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I love her dress.

holly October 13, 2011 at 11:56 am

the bride totally looks like adele! SO GORGEOUS!!!!