october is…

by Janetha on October 1, 2011

in fun facts

(click photos for image source.)

eat better, eat healthier month.

eat country ham month.

national apple month. (!!!)

national applejack month.

national caramel month.

national chili month.

national cookie month. (!!!)

national dessert month.

national pickled peppers month. (???)

national pizza festival month. (???)

national popcorn poppin’ month. (haha)

national pork month.

national pretzel month.

national seafood month.

vegetarian awareness month. (look out, mama pea.. i am going to be verrrry aware of you this month.)

now you know.

Q- which one excites you the most?!

Corey @ Learning Patience October 1, 2011 at 7:22 am

Veggie month! Although that giant jar of caramel got me hungry!

xoxo from Trinidad

Kerryne October 1, 2011 at 9:26 am

You had me at caramel!

And then you got me again at cookies… and by the time pretzels came around my mouth was watering and my stomach growling.

katie October 1, 2011 at 9:39 am

MamaPea, haha! Love her!

I have to say the popcorn excites me , desserts, and pretzels!

Love you! I hope you got my text the other day : )

Susan October 1, 2011 at 9:41 am

Pretzels!!! Pretzels are a very chemo-friendly snack and I can often be found with a bag of pretzels and a jar of peanut butter these days ;)

I do also really love ham though. Maybe they shouldn’t have planned ham and pork for vegetarian month??

Eden October 1, 2011 at 9:59 am

I love this month because its the anniversary of me coming out of my mommy’s hoo hah!

And I get to see you!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm

hold up…when do you get to see each other and why wasn’t i invited??

Lauren October 1, 2011 at 10:04 am

I’m definitely celebrating national cookie, apple, and vegetarian month! Good thing national apple and national caramel month are the same…caramel apples!

The Delicate Place October 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

pork + apples…preferably together roasted with thyme & fennel…mmmmmm and also another national holiday (my bday on the 31st ;)

Erin October 1, 2011 at 10:20 am

Apple, chili and seafood!! I can definitely make this into a dinner a few times this month :)

Erica October 1, 2011 at 10:28 am

Cookies and pretzels!!!!

Marcy October 1, 2011 at 10:43 am

Apples! And apple jacks of course! I come from a town considered the Apple Capital of my small little east coast province. Gotta stay true to the roots!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 1, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love all these – no wonder October is my favorite month! The ones that excite me the most have to be: national cookie, national dessert (sweet tooth much? :) ), national chili, and national seafood month.

Lee October 1, 2011 at 11:24 am

Popcorn popping month! I love my popcorn popper. (Oops, I just wrote pooper.)

Chels October 1, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Wow I never knew so much went on in the month of October. The pretzel month seems to be the most interesting to me. I would say the best would be AppleJack. I love everything about apples!!

Lauren @ Recipes for a Quarterlife October 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

oh great! pickled pepper month! i wait all year for this. uh, no…
national pizza month! pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. janetha said so! :)

Jessica October 1, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Vegetarian all the way. And chili is a close second, I could eat chili every day.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats October 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Chili, Cookies, and Apples! :) Mmm!

Christin October 1, 2011 at 1:25 pm

a lot of those excite me, but I am a cookie monster, so definitely cookie month! :)

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com October 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I will be celebrating all of those……October is going to be a good month.

Katy October 1, 2011 at 1:34 pm

You forgot pumpkins. To say they are my favorite thing about October is a complete understatement. Yesterday I went to the grocery store to find a wide selection of 12 different types of pumpkins. Who knew!?!? The teacher in me wanted to create a graphic organizer on all them. Huge Loser. I know.

Tiffany October 1, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I’m down for just about all of these. I want to make chili but it is still near 90 degrees here and it just doesnt feel right. But if it goes by way, I will be moving out west next month and it will definitely be cooler!

I especially love that Pork the one you love billboard since I say that all the time. So inappropriate…..

Amanda October 1, 2011 at 2:15 pm

October is officially the best month. My birthday month! Fall. Caramel month? OKAY!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga October 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm

things I post about all the time: peppers, popcorn, caramel, cookies, desserts, vegetarian…this month has my middle name all over it!

I love your Natl Day of xyz or Month of abc type trivia stuff :)

Jess@atasteofconfidence October 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm

How do I choose between national cookie month and national apple month??!
Oh, right. cookies. :)

Lara October 1, 2011 at 5:32 pm

I would have to say chili or popcorn…but gosh, what a great month this is going to be!

Kayla October 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm

vegetarian awareness month. bahahha. that’s ridic. and kinda awesome.

Carly October 1, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I decided (for no good reason) to pickle vegetables this month. Clearly I will have to pickle peppers.
I want whoever’s job it is to designate months to be “National ___ month!”.

lynn @ the actor's diet October 1, 2011 at 7:45 pm

um, october is “i get to see janetha” month!

Ellen Clifford October 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

As a vegetarian with a sweet tooth I’m torn between vegetarian awareness and dessert month. Of course most desserts are vegetarian so I’m seeing ample room to celebrate both:)

kathleen @ the daily crumb October 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm

well, i’m not sure what pizza festival month means, but anything involving pizza is very exciting in my book :)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 1, 2011 at 10:27 pm

HAAH. This is AWESome. You are the queen of the days and months. That is amazing!

I am most excited for national caramel month, apples month, cookies month, and eat better month. WHeeee!!! :)

BroccoliHut October 1, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Yee-haw! Now I have justification for eating fistfuls of chocolate-covered pretzels :)

Kristina @ spabettie October 2, 2011 at 12:10 am

caramel of course. thanks for letting me know, I MUST do something about this now.

I have always loved the “Pork, the one you love” sign. and I’m not a pork fan…

weee! mama pea! I love that it’s national veg month… it is also Vegan MoFo, which is the Vegan Month of Food… as soon as I have a minute to post, I am participating. :)

Mama Pea October 2, 2011 at 12:13 am

Imagine my surprise as I scrolled down and saw my big pumpkin head. Happy ME month? <3 YOU!

Tara @ Sweat like a Pig October 2, 2011 at 2:43 am

Argh I have to be honest….I’m so sick of hearing about ‘national XX day’ and ‘national XX month’. It just seems like an excuse for people to binge out on certain foods without feeling guilty. Another moment I’m happy to not live in the US!

elise October 2, 2011 at 3:16 am

vegetarians and pork and ham, huh?

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning October 3, 2011 at 9:31 am

I guess if I knew what a pizza festival was, that would?? Maybe the popcorn popping. I am OBSESSED with popping my own corn. :)

Betty October 3, 2011 at 10:43 am

seafoooooood! i had stone crab claws last night for din – sooo amazing. i could live off seafood (except oysters and clams) for the rest of my life and be content.

RunToTheFinish October 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

isn’t it a little rude for it to be both all healthy and cookie month?! :)

I am doing an October Unprocessed challenge so I’m hitting up a number of these!

Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland October 3, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Yay apple month!! I hope to go apple picking this month and make an apple pie! :)