friday five.

by Janetha on September 16, 2011

in random rambles

lists, alliteration and copying. that’s what blogging is about, right?

let’s go.

1. i am running the dirty dash tomorrow and i am scared.

i mentioned this before, but the time has come and i am a wee bit nervous. also, the forecast says rain. if i said that i was excited and can’t wait to hop into the mud and run 6.2 miles at 9:20 AM on a saturday, i would be lying. i am really dreading the race and i hope i change my tune once i finish the race. i will let you know come sunday!

oh, and if you are wondering why i am doing something i don’t want to do, it’s because kristen, my best friend, asked me to do it with her. our friend lindsay is also joining in the fun. while i am dreading it, i also look forward to finishing it with my friends. that will be rad. plus, i believe that doing something outside of your comfort zone is good for you.

2. after the dirty dash (assuming i survive) i will be heading to my friend jessica’s bachelorette party!

i am telling you this so you can be sure to come back and see my post that contains penis shaped food items. come on, you all know that is the best part of bachelorette parties.

3. today is national guacamole day!

get some.

4. when i am sad, i look at photos of my dogs when they were puppies.

l

fairly certain randy’s ears and paws have not changed in size since he was a pup.

upload115 087

also fairly certain that penny’s head has not grown since puppyhood.

instant cheer up! i don’t get baby hungry, i get puppy hungry. i think i’m puppy hungry. also, for the record because i know someone will ask, i was sad and i am not anymore so no worries.

5. i have a few things on my cooking & baking agenda this coming week.

those are just five of the many.. since it fits with the theme and all.

****************************************

there is too much to do and too little time, so that’s all you get from me. a list, alliteration and copying some other friday five folks i know.

see ya later! have a great weekend and eat some guacamole.

1. what is your instant cheer up?

2. what is on your cooking and/or baking agenda this coming week?

Eden September 16, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Instant cheer up: texting you

Ice cream does the trick too.

Kristen (inspiredbydooce) September 16, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Instant pick me up- google image searching puppies running :) ingiggle like a little kid. I do the same thing when I watch the dog show on tv.

Mary (A Merry Life) September 16, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Instant cheer up – seeing this post!

Really. I drove home to realize I was locked out of the apartment. I pulled out my laptop and this was the first thing I read. It made me happy. Thanks for the link! :)

I also use cute puppy photos online for that purpose. :)

Have fun at the dirty dash and bachelorette party!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm

You will have a BLAST at that race tomorrow! I think you will totally love it!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats September 16, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I want to come over on taco mac night. That sounds flippin’ bomb. :)

Instant cheer up=puppies. I cannot wait to get my own.

I’m not sure about my cooking/baking agenda this coming week. I need to find some fast easy ideas! Something in the crock pot seems like a very good idea to me!

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 16, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Okay I WILL eat guac… Since you twisted my arm ;)

Those puppy pics are rad. Randy’s ears and paws are insane!

Angela @ MyPinkyToes September 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm

My little doggie is my instant pick-me-up too! She is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. (Your dogs are pretty cute, too!) :)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama September 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

My instant cheer ups are my Flat Kitty Friday posts. :) Or just sitting on the floor with my boys. :) Have a great weekend!

Amanda September 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Randy as a pup. I CANNOT HANDLE. He is so cute! I squealed like a creep. I have dog-envy. One day my day will come!

Sorry you were sad friend. Hope you enjoy the race!

mary @ what's cookin with mary September 16, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I totally copied the whole five things friday everyone was doing today to share what I’ve got planned for next week :D

Colleen September 16, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I think you will have so much fun with the dirty dash! I did a similar race, the Warrior Dash, and it was awesome. It was totally not competitive, it was just (slightly crazy) people outdoors having fun. It was like Double Dare for grownups!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List September 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm

lol…loved yours..
I had a Friday Five post today too. http://lindsayslist.co/2011/09/fivethings-friday/

Ali Mc September 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

OMG I am going to have to creep your archives for more puppy pics!!!!! I’m in heaven! :D soooooooooooo cute I love the hound floppy ears :)

also did not know about guac day and I LOVE avocados so I’m on it!!! everything else seems fun too (on this post that is) but my mind just has puppies playing around inside it so I can’t comment on dirt races and such

Betty September 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Whenever I am down whether a fight or just plain bad day, scout always makes me better. I know he will always be by my side and will never judge me..

I’m thinking of making that Mexican dish you made (since my brain is fried from too much work this week I cant think of the name) and maybe some low carb pancakes :)

Missy September 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm

No pics of you in the owl apron? :) Great cooking line-up – but you need to make the baked peach french toast and review it!

My instant cheer-up? Umm, I don’t know that I can get cheered up instantly, but it helps me to be around funny people. Of course, I could look at those baby pics of Randy forever!
I thought about making a spaghetti squash casserole of some type, not sure yet.

The Delicate Place September 16, 2011 at 8:54 pm

good luck at the race! my cheer up trick is to get a hot mug of tea and remind myself how thankful i am for this life even when it’s tough or lots of hugs :) shopping helps too haha. um cooking? what’s that?! this new job makes it rough, i haven’t had lunch a few days this week :/ i know things will get easier but for right now i’m totally overwhelmed!

RunEatRepeat September 16, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I’m sending you strong running vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie@shrinkingcarrie September 16, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Holy. Cute. Puppies. Batman. that instantly cheered me up as well. Good luck on the race tomorrow! You’ll have a blast! What’s more fun than running in the mud?

Carbzilla September 16, 2011 at 9:25 pm

A guy in my office dd the warrior dash last weekend, and he said it was SO much fun and he felt like he was a 12 year old again. I hope you feel that same joy!

I cannot believe that is really Randy. It looks like a greeting card picture!

Pure2raw twins September 16, 2011 at 9:50 pm

if I had a dog I know I would look at old baby photos too to cheer me up! now I just have a good song or talking with a friend.
btw – your baby dog photos are adorable!!
we usually have some time of baking ideas for the weekends ;) good luck with yours!!! xoxo

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning September 16, 2011 at 10:08 pm

You can do it!!!
I like to look at pics of my dogs when they were pups, too. It’s my go-to sure-fire thing to cheer me up. Well, looking at them now cheers me up, too. :)
Have fun tomorrow!!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga September 16, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Cooking or baking agenda? Oh I have a few desserts I want to make! Posted a few of the “I want’s” in a post of mine yesterday. Who knows what I will make…but yeah, sweet treats for sure.

Natl Guac Day…did not know that.

Have fun at the Bathclorette Party!

momma b. September 16, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Instant cheer is getting a call from my children…and looking at the beautiful world around me!
Love those pup photos and love that you’re chipper again!

You will LOVE the race tomorrow cause hey I’ll be there :)

xo

lora September 16, 2011 at 11:52 pm

your post just made me smile 1,000 times! the puppie’s photos are super cute!!! I am about to adopt a beagle and cant wait for those droopy ears like the ones your doggy has!

xoxo
LO

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I’ve never been to a bachelorette party, but I pretty much want to go to one just so I have an excuse to bake a penis-shaped cake!

Heather Whipple September 17, 2011 at 12:41 am

I did the Dirty Dash in Park City last year, it was AMAZING!!!! Total mess and awesome! Enjoy!

Erica September 17, 2011 at 1:56 am

Good luck with the run and have fun at the party!!! Oh my gosh- puppy randy!!! Love. Baking bars and cookies this weekend

cathy September 17, 2011 at 5:58 am

er, i don’t cook and i bake as little as possible, so let’s move on…
instant cheer up: pics of my nieces or even better, spending time with the nieces! i forget any other worries.
HAVE FUN at the race! (i’m trying to pump you up!!!) – > you are so right that we need to do things outside our comfort zone, from time to time. i hope you have way more fun than you think you will. although the bachelorette party will be MORE fun, no doubt about it!
love alliteration, love lists, love fridays – great post, j!

Lauren September 17, 2011 at 6:03 am

Thank God I had guacamole yesterday! LoL. Have so much fun with the race! You’ll kill it girl.

Alta September 17, 2011 at 7:32 am

Have fun at your crazy race! I have mine too! We can totally compare notes. Mine is only a 5k though but it’s 16 obstacles! I’m excited.

And yay for super cute puppy photos! I so wish I saw our two dogs as pups. They were both adopted as you young adults. I’ll just have to ogle your pups instead!

Kerryne September 17, 2011 at 8:34 am

GOOD LUCK and just have fun with the Dirty Dash. My plans to do it were totally cancelled because my sweet cousin decided to get married today, AND my best friend is having a bday party for her daughter today. I have to admit I am pretty bummed.

My instant cheer up? A great song. Likely Bonjovi… that always ALWAYS puts an instant smile on these lips!

The only cooking I will be doing is fish, chicken and egg whites. Same as the last 3 weeks. I know.. exciting! BUT… the following week I will be baking up a storm :)

Lee September 17, 2011 at 8:50 am

I did the Warrior Dash this spring and it really wasn’t much running. The course was so muddy that it sort of made it impossible not to walk.

Damnyouautocorrect always is good for cheering up.

Hot Coco @ Flab to Fab September 17, 2011 at 9:32 am

Hope the dirt dash is a blast in disguise for you. :-)

The puppy pics … Oh, my word! :-D Randy, in particular, melted my heart while I was simultaneously chortling. :-D

Eleah September 17, 2011 at 10:40 am

I have an album on facebook full of pictures of my cat… both cute and funny. That’s an instant cheer up for me. Even photos I’ve seen a hundred times still make me laugh.

Cameo September 17, 2011 at 11:42 am

That pic of Randy is too freaking cute to be legal! I too turn to my pup for a pic-me-up. As for cooking, pretty boring this week as I am doing a trial run of ‘The 4-Hour Body’ (for blog research, of course!) and it pretty much revolves around, eggs/whites, lean protein and legumes. I think it is working but I am really sick of beans. Any good bean recipes to recommend?

Tiffany September 17, 2011 at 4:37 pm

When I’m feeling sad about my life, I go to Peopleofwalmart.com however like you, when I just need a good ole cheer up-puppy time it is!

I am uber sad that I’m in italy and there are no Mexican places that I couldnt gotten my guac on yesterday. And I went to the supermarket today and didn’t see any avocados…..hmmmmm.

Hope the Dirty Dash lived up to its name, cant wait to read the recap!!

fittingbackin September 17, 2011 at 6:45 pm

awww looking at pupper pics makes me happy too! And family videos – love it.

I’m building my to-cook list now – yessss!

McIntosh September 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Instant cheer ups…hot shower, long walk, sunshine(I”m solar-powered, I think)

No baking/cooking agenda…this week or really ever to be honest (;

Oh and penis-shaped food items…ahem…how about that phallic peanut/chocolate covered banana from the State Fair. Pic of Marshall made me laugh!

Love how Randy grew into his ears and Penny grew out of her head!

Kathryn September 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm

1. My instant cheer up = talking to my mom on the phone or listening to some good music!
2. cant say that i have an agenda..but some ice cream sounds great!

Biz September 18, 2011 at 10:55 am

I am sure you did great at your race! I love that picture of your dog with the long ears as a puppy – that is an instant cheer up!

jessiker September 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm

My instant cheer up is looking at baby animals on the internet. My favorite site is called Daily Squee. Because it makes me “squee” for sure.
Also ice cream. Absolutely.
I don’t plan on baking this week because I am getting married.
There was no penis shaped food!!! But it was yummy food nonetheless.

I love you.

jessiker September 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm
Ashley September 18, 2011 at 5:47 pm

OH my!!! That race looks freaking awesome!! And now I want guac…mmmmm

Diana September 18, 2011 at 6:57 pm

This now cooler weather has me craving pot roast! So, I’m making that tomorrow. Nommm! :)

Sarah September 18, 2011 at 7:02 pm

On my cooking agenda is to try out some more exciting baking recipes! I’ll definitely check back for your post on penis-shaped food items, for sure. That makes me sound extremely creepy – I am not. Just very immature :)

Allison September 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Ah, so cool about the dash! I hope you had a fab experience- I’m jealous, I’ve wanted to do one myself! P.S. All of those recipes look delic, I’d wanna cook them too!

Jen September 18, 2011 at 10:56 pm

The old dog pic is so cute!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 19, 2011 at 4:45 pm

aaah…that picture of Randy as a puppy is just adorable! :-) My instant cheer-up is watching Friends, or going for a walk in nature, or smiling at/connecting with someone…it always makes me feel better to make someone ELSE feel good, somehow! <3 xyx