i am busy catching up on life after getting home from philly. SO, i took a cue from my new blog-turned-real-life friend, beth, and copied her 10 personal questions (which she originally got from caitlin) and am posting it for you guys tonight.
enjoy lurking on my life! be back later.
1. What are you really good at? What are you really bad at?
i am really good at writing. i mean, must be, you’re reading this, i’ve got you hooked! no, really, i DEFINITELY enjoy writing! it’s one of my faovirte things to do and i like to think i am not half bad at writing.
i am really bad at sports. like.. really, really, REALLY bad. i WISH i was good at them. i never played sports as a kid. i clogged. did i just announce that? yikes…
2. Have you ever been in a car accident? What happened?
yep! i totaled my jeep cherokee! i was on my way to a job interview when i was 20 years old. my license was suspended at the time (i am an idiot) and it was raining. my wet foot slipped off the brake pedal at a stop sign and i jolted into the intersection, T-boning an old man’s old car—you know, just an old person car—not sure the type, but they sure built old cars well! it totaled my jeep and i got a hefty ticket for driving on a suspended license. yes, i learned my lesson and the public bus system became my BFF.
3. Why did you attend your college?
i went to salt lake community college for 7 years on and off, eventually getting an associates degree. i went there because it was the thing to do for high school graduates with no idea what to do with their lives and no real direction. i do sometimes wish i did the whole university/college life thing, but i think i have ended up in a pretty good place without all that!
4. Describe your morning routine today.
well, since i am pre-writing this, i will tell you about today. another work day.. my morning routine is pretty typical every day i work:
- wake up late after pressing snooze 3 too many times
- kiss marshall and penny, get mad at randy for hogging the bed all night, then kiss him too
- roll out of bed, pee, hop in the shower
- out of the shower, brush my teeth, deodorant and face lotion (this is a very specific routine—the same every time!)
- put on my makeup
- blow dry my hair while checking emails on phone
- get dressed for work
- make my protein shake, french press coffee and pack my lunch
- kiss the dogs and marshall goodbye and head out the door!
usually i am late to work. what can ya do?
5. Have you ever snooped through someone else’s things? Did you find anything interesting?
yes. i have. i was one of those girls who would go through her boyfriend’s phone. it only led to drama and i am so glad i trust my husband 110% so i don’t even WANT to go through his things! i think that when girls are young and dumb, they are more likely to not trust their boyfriends and are guilty of this. this was back before facebook was all the rage, but i bet i would have looked through that if i had had the chance. it was a phase, luckily, because not trusting someone and wondering what/who they are texting/looking at is pure torture. if you have ever felt this feeling you know what i mean!
6. What do you think happens when you die?
i think the man in the sky sends you to heaven and everyone gets a mansion. the best mansion you can think of! (i may or may not have watched the invention of lying the other night…)
no, on the real, i am not positive what happens when you die. who is? i know everyone has their opinions, but nobody knows for sure until you actually die. i like to think we go to heaven and hang out with all the people who have died that we miss. and the dogs and cats who have died that we miss. and goldfish, birds and turtles if you were into that as a kid. i wasn’t.
rip, my old pets mable and blue!
7. Are you superstitious?
no. i will break mirrors, walk under ladders and open umbrellas inside all day every day. i do, however, believe in karma.
8. Do people think you are younger or older than you actually are?
i never, ever look at a person and think, “they must be this old.” that’s just not something i care about. so my answer is neither. also, how is this a personal question? kinda boring, mister survey.
9. How did your parents’ relationship influence you?
for the best. my parents got engaged after one date and have been married 35+ years (sorry, not sure exactly how many years…) they love each other so much and have a great relationship. i know they put up with a lot of quirks one or the other has, and this has taught me to put up with marshall’s quirks.
i am real close with my mom and from our many-a-talks, i have learned a lot about marriage and how to make it work for the long run. and that’s what i am in it for.. the long run.
if it weren’t for my parents, i would be dead or in prison. their strong bond has helped me SO much in life.
10. What were the three happiest moments of your life?
- when my mom’s normalcy came back after her stroke. SUCH a relief and i never want that to happen again!!!
- my first date with marshall. i could be cliché and say our wedding date, that was SO happy, but really.. our first date when we didn’t dare hold hands was pretty awesome.
- when my mom and i finished the body for life challenge and took our photos together, reflecting on our incredible journey.
the end! now you know more about me than you really need to—but that’s what blogging is all about, right? of course, right.
1. what do you think happens when you die?
2. what are you really good at? really bad at?
xo. janetha g.