late to the party.

by Janetha on August 21, 2011

in Featured

i know that this seven links thing has been going around (and around, and around) but i never got around to completing it! what can i say, i like to be fashionably late. monica was the first to tag me, so let’s give her credit for guilting me into this. (side note, “guilting” appears to not be a real word—according to windows live writer. what? it’s so real.)

because i am off gallivanting in philly right now, and because i may have some new visitors thanks to the healthy living summit, i thought i would FINALLY post my seven links.

if you have no idea what i am talking about, let me fill you in. there are seven categories and i am supposed to pick a post from my blog archives for each category. i am known for my procrastination skills (hello, still unfinished 30 day challenge), so you can understand why this has taken me so long to get to.

1. most beautiful post: taking the party out of the girl.

i have come a long way from doing drugs, drinking like a fish and spending nights in jail. this post is where i open up about that and also talk about how i changed my habits to change my body inside and out.  every time i read it i can’t help but smile about how my life has changed for the better.

2. most popular post: my fast food story.

image image

i used to eat a lot of fast food. multiple times a day. now i make my own version at home—only healthy. and more delicious.

3. most controversial post: deep thoughts & ice cream.

image25

okay.. so it isn’t very controversial, but i don’t really bring up much controversy! this post did bring up a lot of comments about drugs, overuse of ecstasy, and alcohol, though, and it was a good one.

4. most helpful post: insanity in review.

those who were interested in doing insanity found this review really helpful. annnnd those who weren’t interested in doing insanity probably skipped right over this one. no harm, no foul.

or FAQ: BFL.

i get a lot of questions about body for life. aside from my body for life page, this post is the most informative Q & A post i have. no, it’s not helpful to those who don’t care about body for life.. but for those that DO (which is a lot of people who search my blog).. this is a good one.

okay.. truth be told, i had a hard time finding a helpful post. none of my posts scream “HI, I AM SUPER HELPFUL!”.. sure, each one is helpful to one person in some way, but there isn’t a specific post that stands out as a helpful post.

5. surprise success post: what i would eat wednesday.

this was actually a topic that just came to me in the shower one day (what? not normal?).. i typed it up and published it, not knowing that so many people would dig it! i got emails, tweets and comments from people who were very enthusiastic about the post and thought it was so clever. ha! tons of people did a similar post after mine. i had no idea it would be so fun for everyone.

6. post that did not get enough attention: ratios explained.

it was hard to pick a post for this because i don’t think any of my posts should get the attention that they do.  no, really, i don’t understand why some of my posts even get one comment.  BUT, i had to pick something, so i picked this one.

this was a post that i spent a TON of time writing! i did it because i always had questions about how i manage to figure out eating with a ratio of 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat (body for life style).  this post probably didn’t get a lot of recognition because it is pretty old, but i do send the link to those who ask about ratios now.

7. most proud post: auction results!

i think it goes without saying that raising over $26,000 for susan was my most proud moment EVER—both on and off the blog.

******************************************************************

that was kind of harder that i thought it would be. but man, it sure feels good to cross that “to-do” off my blogging list. you all know that’s the only reason i did it! crossing off list items is the ultimate in satisfaction.

be back later with something new!

Q~

what is your “most proud moment” in your life?

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 21, 2011 at 7:13 am

Oh girl you get most proud, most amazing, Superwoman of the Year for brainstorming it, creating it, and bringing the auction to life…and undertaking it. I am sure you had no idea when you dreamt it up the magnitude and life of it’s own that it would take on (and then some!) so you get a huge, huge pat on the back and whatever else your little heart desires for coordinating it. I can only imagine the 1000′s !!!! of emails you fielded.

And all these posts are a trip down memory lane for me to see back up on the screen right now!

Jennyb August 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

I love posts like this because it brings up posts from before i was a regular reader, so gives me a chance to read back a bit (& get to know you a bit more by the looks of some of the content) And that auction was amazingly impressive!

My Proudest moment – so far, i might add, has to be finishing my 1st marathon this april. It was in my home town (brighton on the south coast of england), the most important people in my life were there, my mum, step dad & most of all my 80 yr old nan. She getting frailer & at 25 with a long battle with mental health issues i wanted to make her proud before she is no longer with us. She had a fab day & i think her sitting on the beach watching me cool off in the sea having completed it in 5 hrs 27 mins – i’m pretty sure i made them proud (finally).

Susan August 21, 2011 at 8:23 am

I remember you tweeting about a helpful post and I was too tied up to respond – but do you remember that guest post you wrote for me waybackwhen about foods that burn fat? That was really popular and super helpful. I also like how I remember every one of these links you posted. I need a Meals and Moves #1 Fan shirt or something (or maybe #2 fan, Momma B being the top supporter?)

Also, I have to add that the auction is the best thing that anyone has ever done for me, or done for anyone I know. You need cancer to be a cancer superhero – you already are one for saving me!!

Love you lots, can’t wait to hear about Philly xoxoxoxo

Susan August 21, 2011 at 8:24 am

ahem “You DON’T need cancer to be a cancer superhero”

better.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 21, 2011 at 8:31 am

haha I cracked up reading that one – I was like “what? She wants Janeetha to have cancer?” ;)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 21, 2011 at 8:32 am

Loved reading your 7 links. I’m not sure if I can pinpoint my most proud moment – is that sad?

Meg August 21, 2011 at 9:51 am

I feel like your whole blog could relate to each of these (minus the controversial one..) but seriously, I ALWAYS go back to your old posts for motivation/inspiration.

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats August 21, 2011 at 11:06 am

Ditto times 1000 on your #7!!! That was SO unbelievable!

fittingbackin August 21, 2011 at 1:27 pm

okay how did I miss so many of these?! I have some reading to do – fun!! Very interested in your macros post – something I struggle with, and you know I love your healthy versions of take out – fabulous!!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I remember reading all of these…really so many of your posts are helpful!! All your MOVES are helpful in that I don’t have to come up with a workout for the day – or my classes. And your MEALS are helpful because I don’t have to enter in any nutritional info..some crazy numbers lady has done it for me ;)

Amanda August 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I love this! I love all of the posts that you included in your 7 links. I loved the what I would eat post! Ice cream rules pretty much.

cathy August 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm

great selections from all your blog entries, j. this is a good time to just say that you are one of my favourite blogs to read (i mean it). you are an original “life blogger” and include awesome variety – i never what i will see each day. i may not be a fan of dogs (ok, photos of yours are fine!) but we do agree on the joy of cereal!
safe travels home from hls!

Carrie@shrinkingcarrie August 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Congratulations! You are the fist 7 posts that I have read through the entire way! And I also clicked on every link to read (or re-read) the individual post! You make everything sound interesting and I love the way you write! love, Love, LOVE your blog!

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats August 21, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I love all of your posts! I decided that after I am done with this 10k on Labor Day that I want to start BFL. I have been stalking around here all weekend trying to learn more about it! lol.

momma b. August 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm

One of my most proudest moments by Momma b.:

As a mom to 4 incredible kids, Nana Sue to 10 awesome grand kids, wife to a very generous husband, sister to a very loving brother and friend to a few hundred or more I could fill a book with a ton of “proud moments”.

Today though I am most proud of you Janetha and who and what you have become over the years! I too love to read and re-read your posts, they are a source of knowledge about so many things, joy in living a healthy life – and you are so funny – I love your writing style, it is so easy to read and understand! You even make me cry from time to time :)

Thank you for sharing your life with so many and for helping others strive to be better people. I have watched you turn your life into one of service to others – that makes me so proud because I know that through that service you are so richly blessed in your life and all that you do!!!

Well enough – I have missed you these past few days – I can’t wait to hear ALL about your experience and how the panel went (I’m sure it was a huge success!)

You are my hero I love you and I’m proud to be your momma b.

xoxo

Kristina @ spabettie August 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm

oh, gosh, I made it through the post (honestly, spent the last HOUR rereading them all!) and NOW I get teary eyed from Momma B comment. :)

these 7 links posts are fun to look back on, but YOURS is truly awesome. you really should be proud of ALL these topics and what you have accomplished – and you share it with us in a well written and very thoughtful way. this was one of the few where I reread each of the 7 links! even TGFA – because it was so incredible!

Janetha August 22, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I am so flattered!

Ali Mc August 22, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Hey there, I found your blog a while back and actually found HRG through you :) so thanks. I love the section about you and your mom doing body for life and I feel like I can relate to changing your life around :)

Just wanted to say hey and thanks for blogging!

Allison August 23, 2011 at 9:06 am

Just from these posts, you should be so proud of everything that you’ve accomplished- including writing a fabulous blog that is filled with fun and helpful information!

I am most proud of graduating from elementary school and most recently [May], from college… And overcoming an ED [what a liberating experience!]. I’m not sure why my elementary graduation has stuck with me for so long, but it has :D