iBlog.

by Janetha on August 13, 2011

in eating out,love life,random rambles

didn’t want to lug around my DSLR camera today, so i took lots of photos with my iPhone!

woke up in a tight spot on my bed. see where penny is laying? that is where i slept all night. why? because randy is a bed hog and he’s too cute to move.

2011-08-12 001 004

see? TOO CUTE TO MOVE.

2011-08-12 001 005

i rest my case.

i had a pineapple chobani topped with kashi+coconut chia granola for breakfast.

2011-08-12 001 003

yum.

we went to the farmers market, as we do every saturday, but this time kristen joined us. it was a lovely treat because she’s the best.

2011-08-12 001 006

first things first: iced coffee with soy.

2011-08-12 001 007

marshall got his usual mint limemade. it was extra sour this time! pucker up.

2011-08-12 001 009

guess who FINALLY decided to make an appearance at the market?

2011-08-12 001 019

THE PEACH GUY! he is my favorite! he hands out peach slices and says, “this is not a sample, it is a seduction.” over. and over. and over. it’s hilarious. if you live in the SLC you must pay a visit to mister peach seduction man. it will work, you will buy peaches.

2011-08-12 001 020

still no green river melons.. sad.. i want some melons!

this sign for basil was funny. “warren jeff family size your basil”: 1 bag=enough for 1 wife, 3 bags=enough for 3 wives, 8 bags=enough for 10 wives!  we got one bag. i am the only wife.

2011-08-12 001 021

random market shots..

2011-08-12 001 0082011-08-12 001 0112011-08-12 001 0132011-08-12 001 0142011-08-12 001 0152011-08-12 001 0162011-08-12 001 0172011-08-12 001 024

we went home to put our market purchases away, marshall went to the gym and i ran some errands (had to get some noxplod at GNC and really didn’t HAVE to go to tjmaxx but i did). i made a peach raspberry protein shake with our fresh produce and then we headed back into the heat to hit up craft lake city.

HOT AS BALLS TODAY.

2011-08-12 001 025

craft lake city is a free event with 180 booths—tons of handmade goods!

2011-08-12 001 026

marshall snagged a couple things, but i didn’t buy anything—that’s a first.

after wandering around craft lake city, we escaped the heat and went to toaster’s for a late lunch.

my date:

2011-08-12 001 027

my lunch:

2011-08-12 001 028

grilled chicken+feta salad.

now we are home.. i am typing this.. and marshall is watching the first green bay packers game of the season. yes, it has officially begun.

i am going to go run some errands. i don’t need anything, but shopping for a few new things for the healthy living summit just seems like the right thing to do.

check ya later, dudes and dudettes!

Betty August 13, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I had similar salad today, and when I heard feta I thought about your huge blocks and how I’m jeal!

janetha @ meals & moves August 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

HUGE. come over, you can have some.

Betty August 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm

If only SLC were closer.. Boo

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm

That is the coolest picture ever of Marshall. Love the iPhone!!

CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I love starting Saturday at the farmers market! And I LOVE that HLS is less than a week away!!!! :-)

stacey c August 13, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I love that picture of Marshall too. So fun! I have fresh peaches and raspberries in my fridge right now. I am definitely going to make a smoothie with them tomorrow. That combo sounds really good.

Missy August 13, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I love that coffee sign – do stupid things faster; yep that would be me!
I’m always so jealous of the farmer’s markets y’all have, we have a very small one; but there are tons of watermelons, so that is good at least.

Juliette August 13, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I need to get down there and see what Mr. Peach Seduction is all-A-bout!
I have that ‘Drink Coffee’ saying as a magnet on my fridge. So true:) HA!

Eden August 13, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I hate that everytime I check my instagram, I get like all these fancy shmancy new app photos from you! ugh!!!! you’re always ahead of the game!

I must say, I sometimes think the iphone has taken better pics than my dslr. Although I gotta say, my iphone doesn’t have a 55 mm lens.

PS: I’m “cooking up your roast” as we speak…er…type!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) August 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm

YOur new sparkle app is rad!

lynn @ the actor's diet August 13, 2011 at 9:55 pm

i remember those HOT AS BALLS temps when we were filming “white on rice.” stay cooool

Carbzilla August 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm

You have to get that last photo of Marshall made into a poster – it’s awesome.

Um, worst timed Warren Jeff’s joke ever. I could not be happier that he’ll be spending the rest of his life behind bars. I’m kinda shocked the basil folks didn’t get that.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga August 13, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Love all the pics and yes, iPhone pics, especially on Saturdays, are the total way to go :)

Talia August 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm

what app did you use to take that picture?!

janetha @ meals & moves August 14, 2011 at 12:35 am

camera+

Natalie S. August 13, 2011 at 10:58 pm

LOL the people at your farmer’s market have got some jokes ;) I would looove some “peach seduction” right now. Kind of sounds like a cocktail actually! Whoa… just got an idea for a peach margarita… gotta wrap this comment up and get out my blender…

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 14, 2011 at 12:16 am

I love Farmer’s markets!! So delish.

Jen August 14, 2011 at 12:28 am

My father in law told me that the fruit stand that is by Golds Gym got green river melons today.

janetha @ meals & moves August 14, 2011 at 12:57 am

no way?! which gold’s?

Katheryn August 14, 2011 at 12:59 am

I love the peach guy! I bought peaches from him every Saturday too. Ahhh. I loved the farmers market downtown. Eat some peaches for me!

Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice August 14, 2011 at 1:24 am

Sweet photos for an iphone! You must be rocking lots of cool apps.

ps: I want that coffee hanging sign! I loved that!

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com August 14, 2011 at 2:34 am

THE PEACH GUY……seriously, the best thing about Utah is peach season, I live for our peaches! I love the photos from your phone! That is crazy how hot it is, hopefully it cools down FAST!!!

Laurie M. August 14, 2011 at 3:02 am

I’m jealous of Craft Lake City. We don’t have anything like that here in Albuquerque.. well to my knowledge anyway!

I don’t have an iphone, but I downloaded instagram and camera+ to my ipad.. just for the effects. So, it wouldn’t be convenient to lug around to snap pics.. but it’s still fun!!

Emily @ Sweating Sugar August 14, 2011 at 3:52 am

Those lime aides are the best! I will keep an eye out for the peaches guy!

cathy August 14, 2011 at 5:46 am

i agree, too, that the pic of marshall is amazing – looks like a poster! very cool!
the peach man sounds hilarious. we have some real characters at our market, too. sure make the shopping more interesting than at the grocery store!
enjoy your peaches! can’t believe the nfl started?? that means it’s FALL!!!

lindsay August 14, 2011 at 6:50 am

that is the coolest picture of marshall! You gotta frame that. He looks slike a rockstar, and I am sure he is with his mint limeade!
;)

MelissaNibbles August 14, 2011 at 7:39 am

I need that coffee sign.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List August 14, 2011 at 8:19 am

How do you like your Noxplode? We just got a sample when we ordered BCAA’s but I haven’t used it yet.

Cecilia August 14, 2011 at 9:40 am

I wish our Farmer’s Market was on Saturday. Ours is on Tuesdays and Fridays and I just never make it there. Boo!

Lisa Fine August 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

What a cool app! I haven’t gotten an iPhone yet, but think it’ll happen in the next month or two.

Your photos are great – going to look into that app now (just one more pro to add to my pros and cons list for the new phone). ;)

Naomi August 14, 2011 at 11:01 am

i always love when you take us with you to the farmers market!! it always looks so delicious!!! i went to a local garden yesterday in cape cod and got some home grown kale and cucumbers they taste BEYOND better than anything I have ever gotten at a grocery store! ah I love local!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) August 14, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I tried to go to the PS farmer’s market but for the second time this summer they aren’t there!?! Must be too hot.

Hope you got gas- you were on empty.

Bad joke about all the wives right? I mean kinda unPC!

I HARDLY use my nice camera any more- just for super swanky blog photos (ha, this is why I never use it!). Instagram is sometimes my only form of communication with the outside world.

Love you. Happy shopping. By the way, got the MRM veggie protein (it has pea and hemp etc) and I like it! (needed the gums though badly!)

Erica August 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Lovely day! Fresh peaches-amazing. I need to get back to our market. Hope you are having a good sunday

Callie @ Callieflower Kitchen August 14, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Lmao this whole post made me laugh :) I would totally buy peaches from mr. seduction!

fittingbackin August 14, 2011 at 3:38 pm

enough for 10 wives! LOL awesome.

Katie August 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I have a thing for gnarly carrots – and those are beauties! Also, that last picture of Marshall is so fantastic.

The Delicate Place August 14, 2011 at 5:15 pm

i use my iPhone more and more because my actual point and shoot cam is craptastic. those are some huge carrots?! i had out of town guests this weekend that just left so i’m pooped. my little travel snacks for HLS will have to wait until the end of this week. oh and i’m finishing my last few days at this job too…i live for crazy busy time. /sarcasm

Sarah August 14, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I love the camera on my iphone because I tend to forget my actual camera a lot of the time… looks like you had a great day!

FoodCents August 14, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Oh my, the basil sign is great. Clever marketing.

What part of Utah do your peaches come from? I live in Colorado & our Palisade peaches are heavenly & not all that far from the CO/Utah border. Makes me wonder if they are grown not too far apart.

That is a really cool pic. of Marshall!!!

BE WELL :)

Janetha August 15, 2011 at 4:04 pm

i am not even sure where they come from! i will ask next time–i wouldn’t be surprised if they were the same peaches/variety of peaches!

McIntosh August 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm

That peach guy is magic…he seduced me into buying peaches tomorrow at the local stand since I missed the markets this weekend (:

Great pic of Marshall and of course Penny and Randy. I’m the same way about moving pets when they are sleeping…what’s that saying? “Let sleeping dogs lie”. Same goes for cats too (:

Laurie August 15, 2011 at 10:00 am

I wish our Farmer’s market was like that!! Lucky! Cool picture of Marshall and of course great pics of Penny and Randy! :)

Sami August 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm

iblogging is awesome. i <3 the photos. esp. the one of your date! coool effect.

xo.

Kaitlin With Honey August 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm

This post has such fun pictures! I love iPhones.

elise August 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm

you need gas!
my blackberry sucks.

Emily August 17, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Wow. It’s been like 8 years since I’ve had the chance to read your blog. I always wanted to try Toaster’s when I was downtown, but now I need to find an excuse. And I’m totally jealous you got peaches at the FM. I have got to find the time to get down there! I have no idea when your summit is, but I know it’s soon. I hope you have a good time. Don’t forget we need to hang out when you get back. Maybe we can go get some peaches. :) Lindsay wants to come too. I always park next to her b/c she has her meals and moves bumper magnet. it rules. Well, I’m just rambling now. Love ya. xoxo