special announcement!

by Janetha on July 9, 2011

in random rambles

hey everyone! please excuse my absence from blogland. the past 36 hours have been JAM PACKED with planning.

planning what, you ask? well.. i have a little something up my sleeve for our dear friend susan.

Susan Banner 550x169

THE GREAT FUNDRAISING ACT!

that’s right. we are gonna raise this girl some money for her cancer bills. stupid cancer. i hate it.

i would love for you all to participate in the auction on july 25th! there will be over 100 items up for bid.  several companies have stepped forward and donated generous baskets or packages for the auction. some of these companies include:

• Annie’s
  • Attune Foods
  • Bob’s Red Mill
  • Chobani
  • Great Harvest
  • Larabar
  • Love Grown Foods
  • NuNaturals
  • Physique57
  • The Simply Bar

in addition to the companies that have donated, there are nearly 100 bloggers who have volunteered to donate either a tasty baked good or another fun item to auction off. there will be a broad range of items—blog makeovers, workout circuit index cards, lifetime recipage hosting, autographed books that bloggers have written.. the list goes ON. there is something for everyone!

all proceeds will go straight to susan’s paypal account. it’s gonna be awesome.

if you would like to find out more about the fundraiser, please click here! if you would like to help us promote the fundraiser, please click here!  there are detailed directions if you would like to add a fun button to your blog (see to the right for an example) and also some quick text to copy and paste for twitter and whatnot.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

oh, and if you just want to donate some moolah to the fund directly and aren’t interested in bidding in the auction, there is a donation button on my right sidebar just below the fundraiser icon—click away!

in other news.. i want my 2 hours and 17 minutes back that i lost tonight watching the worst movie of my entire life.

ugh. it was the worst ever. i am not sure why we didn’t walk out?

be back tomorrow! happy weekend!

1. what is the worst movie you have ever seen? have you ever walked out of a movie theater mid-movie?

2. will you spread the word about The Great Fundraising Act?! hope so :)

cathy July 9, 2011 at 4:09 am

janetha, what you have already organized for dear susan is amazing. wonderful to see all the companies, all the bloggers who have already jumped onboard.
eesh – thanks for the warning on the movie. i’m going out this week to one, and will avoid “tree of life” for sure! (might go see bridesmaids for the 2nd time, haha!).
never walked out of a movie…i only see ones i’m pretty sure i’ll love!

Lauren July 9, 2011 at 4:24 am

This is going to be epic!!! :) <3 you!

Sarah July 9, 2011 at 4:26 am

What a great idea! I’ve just briefly blogged about it and included a link to the fundraising (hopefully!).

Happy weekend!

Susan July 9, 2011 at 5:09 am

Bless you for throwing this together Janetha! Like I told you already, I’d been hoping someone would organize something so THANK YOU.

I still can’t decide what to bake!

Kelly @foodiefresh July 9, 2011 at 5:37 am

I said exactly the same thing when I saw that movie! I’m so glad someone else thinks so. I’m always a little embarrassed to say that I hate a critically acclaimed movie. But that movie was bad. I want my two hours back too.

Just added your fundraising badge to my sidebar (it’s cached so it will take a bit to show up). I think it’s so great what you’re doing for your friend – definitely something I want to support. I hope your fundraiser is beyond successful and I’ll do my part to help promote it.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 9, 2011 at 5:41 am

Janetha thank you soooo much for organizing this, for spearheading it, and look at the snowball amazing movement you created (ahem, as I was reading over ALL the emails that were flying! :) )

I am so proud to be a part of this.

And my prayers and thoughts continue to be with Susan xoxo

Heather Eats Almond Butter July 9, 2011 at 5:55 am

Awesome JG Bean. Thanks for all your hard work. Gives me chills just thinking about how everyone came together in support of Susan. Reminds me that the blogosphere is an amazing group with big hearts. :)

Walked out of a Weird Al Yankovic movie years ago. Don’t even remember the name.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine July 9, 2011 at 6:13 am

I already sent you an email- definitely in :)

Meg July 9, 2011 at 6:27 am

I’m so in!!

Sweet and Savvy July 9, 2011 at 6:47 am

This Is awesome!! I will Definitely spread the word and support!:)

lindsay July 9, 2011 at 6:56 am

best news i heard all week! truly, I am thrilled and inspired but such love in this community JG!

Sarah July 9, 2011 at 7:00 am

Excellent! so good of you to do this. One quick question though. I know I can donate directly (and will), but I didn’t see on the auction page if that was open to readers outside the US and Canada?

Abby July 9, 2011 at 7:10 am

I REALLY hope someone donates some raw cookie dough balls to bid on, as I really want some and would love to completely overpay for them. A blog makeover, as well? Two things I need ;)

Such a thoughtful idea, but I would expect nothing less from you, Miss Janetha. Susan is so lucky to have such a great friend in you–and everyone else. I look forward to donating!

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 9, 2011 at 7:21 am

That fundraiser is such an awesome and kind idea! I will definitely take a look at it and promote it on my blog!

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) July 9, 2011 at 7:38 am

You are amazing. Thank you for doing this for such an amazing blogger & person. <3 xoxo

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 9, 2011 at 7:45 am

Janetha this is awesome!!! I love this community. How wonderful!

I have never walked out of a movie in a theatre – although I was pretty close to leaving when I saw Scream 4 — it was horrible.

Susan July 9, 2011 at 7:51 am

I cried when I got your email this morning. I was already really dehydrated from surgery, so it didn’t really help matters :P

Jokes aside, you’re one of the best people I know. I feel so incredibly lucky to have you in my life <3

The Delicate Place July 9, 2011 at 8:03 am

wow…i don’t even know susan but i definitely want to help her. she sounds like an amazing person! get well ^ x

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 9, 2011 at 8:06 am

Oh my gosh. I am so helping. My mama had breast cancer a few years back, and is still receiving treatment. I would love nothing more than to help kick cancer’s butt. What a beautiful thing, girly!!

The Teenage Taste July 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

The Great Fundraising Act is such a great idea! I will definitely be bidding! :-D

Eden July 9, 2011 at 8:32 am

Yay!!!! We can save the world!
I wish I could get Bono to do a concert!!!
Love you.

Susan July 9, 2011 at 8:37 am

Eden, I actually have tickets to see U2 at the end of the month. I’m so scared I won’t be well enough to go!

Eden July 9, 2011 at 8:40 am

Well, I’m trying to get Sondre Lerche to some to the hospital…I told him I’ll pay him in waffles.

Lea @ Healthy Coconut July 9, 2011 at 11:09 am

Thanks for the heads up on the movie.

Yes, yes, yes to everything you asked :)

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather July 9, 2011 at 11:54 am

You are amazing for putting all this together! I am so excited to be part of it and helping Susan out.

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

woot, how cool of you!! That movie does look interesting…..:(

Ellie@fitforthesoul July 9, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Wow, life can be so unexpected in many ways~And it’s sweet of you to promote this girl!

Hmmm the worst movie I can remember is “Garden State”. wowieee!! I fell asleep after 20 minutes hehe.

Katie July 9, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Again, so awesome that you are organizing this fundraiser. I’m proud to know you, and glad I can help in some small way!

I hated the movie Sideways…hated so much. Which is weird because I heard so many good reviews. To each his own, I suppose!

Yessss I will spread the word!

char @ char on a mission July 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm

There are some pretty bad movies out there! I honestly can’t remember the worst movie I’ve seen. It’s probably because it was SO bad that I blocked it out!!! This fundraiser is splendid!!!!!

Missy July 9, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I am so excited for this and love that the blogworld is so loving, caring and giving. It really makes me just tear up and so happy. I am SO not surprised that this is happening – I was actually waiting to see who would make the announcement! But in addition, I think there needs to be a Charity Calendar 2 – that would be awesome!
I hope everyone tweets and Facebooks this post.

Juliette July 9, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Worst movie I’ve seen?? I can’t remember it was that bad. I must have blocked it out of my memory. And, yes I have walked out of a movie before and got my money back.
Wow, what a wonderful thing you are doing for a friend. Really fantastic.

Amanda July 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm

So pumped about TGFA! It will be great! :)

Gigi July 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I didn’t know who Susan was before today, but after reading this and visting her blog, you bet I will spread the word, (already have;)). Are you still accepting things for the auciton? If so, let me know!:) What a wonderful thing you are doing my dear!!!! I know it’s going to be a success!

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 9, 2011 at 7:55 pm

So excited to participate :D You’re pretty much amazing for starting this.

Miz July 10, 2011 at 5:29 am

I adore you.

Nicole @ Making Good Choices July 10, 2011 at 5:37 am

I would love to help in any way I can. If you still are asking for people to donate food I’d love to be a part, otherwise I will help spread the word!

Naomi July 10, 2011 at 7:49 am

amazing amazing fundraiser!!! and you are wonderful and fabulous for starting it up! <3

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) July 10, 2011 at 8:02 am

This is SO amazing!! I just found you (and this!) through Chelsey, and I love it!! Question though: can international readers get in on this? I live in London but I’d love to do my bit if I can :)

Janetha July 10, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Emma, we do have a few items that will ship ANYWHERE in the world! Also, if there are no items you want to bid on come auction day, you can always just donate cash directly to the fund. Thank yoU!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food July 10, 2011 at 8:03 am

You are so amazing for organizing this fundraiser! The blogging community is so wonderful!

The worst movie I ever saw was Vanilla Sky. However, I watched it when I was in high school, so maybe I just didn’t get it and now that I’m older I would? I don’t know…I probably won’t give it another try!

Alicia at Poise in Parma July 10, 2011 at 9:21 am

We just rented “No Strings Attached” from the redbox recently. My husband dubbed it the worst movie he’d ever seen. After forgetting to return it for a week, I agreed.

Just RTed @MizFitOnline’s tweet about this post!

Pure2raw twins July 10, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Great job with putting this all together! You are amazing!!! xoxo

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli July 11, 2011 at 4:50 am

I have been so busy lately that I haven’t been able to reply to your email. This is such a FANTASTIC thing you are doing for Susan and I am SO proud to be a part of this strong community of bloggers that is always willing to help a friend in need! Love it! This is going to be HUGE!! And I WILL find something to donate and let you know ASAP!!

And I’ll definitely help get the word out too!

Love you girl!

Alison July 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I have walked out of one movie- Godzilla (with Matthew Broderick). Blargh! I can’t even think of a reason why I went to see it in the first place, to be honest. At least your bad movie had Brad Pitt. ;)

I don’t have any money to donate but would be willing to auction off fabulous baked goods for the cause. Please let me know if you are still looking for auction items and if so, what I need to do to get involved.

This is an awesome thing that you are doing. We should all be so lucky to have friends like you, J! *hugs*