a few things & flashback friday.

by Janetha on July 1, 2011

in love and marriage

a few things:

#1. it’s july!

did june even happen? i am not quite sure. it must have, since i had a birthday and turned 28 on june 1st.. but the rest of the month? i swear it didn’t happen.

#2. my day job is overwhelming.

sometimes i wish i could blog full time and not worry about my day job.. but blogging doesn’t pay the bills. shucks. things have been crazy at work lately! it has made me just want to go home and stare at the wall (or the TV.. or anything that requires zero thinking).  if you noticed that i haven’t been reading your blog these past few weeks, it’s because i am exhausted. it’s not because i don’t like you. it’s not you. it’s me. promise.

good thing it’s a 3 day weekend! and then my vacation is right around the corner. which brings me to…

#3. my road trip is in less than two weeks.

hell yes. i am still looking for things that are MUST DO THIS for lake tahoe.. so if you have anything that i should add to my list, by all means.. tell me!

#4. i need to set some goals.

i am such a goal oriented person.. and i haven’t really set any goals since finishing insanity. call me crazy, but i love working toward a goal! aside from my 2011 resolution to be able to touch my toes.. i have no other goals at the moment. this is such a pointless thought. then again, this is a pretty pointless post. take it for what it’s worth. (which is not much, if anything.)

#5. i have a date tonight!

remember that birthday i mentioned in #1? well, as a gift, marshall bought me a cooking class! not just any cooking class.. a couples cooking class. yep, he is going with me. and it’s tonight. i am beyond excited! cooking and marshall are two of my favorite things ever.

okay.. so maybe that was more than a few things. i guess i should have said “five things”.. whatever.

i didn’t take photos of my meals today and i haven’t worked out yet. i am kind of scared to work out, actually! my whole lower body is sore from my workout on wednesday and i am waddling around like a hurt duck. i think i will take it easy at the gym today.

so, since i have nothing current to show you, i will show you something that happened almost a YEAR ago.

FLASHBACK FRIDAY!

remember how i got married last year? and i have taken a real long time to show you photos from the wedding? yeah. i am a professional procrastinator. too bad that’s not my day job. i’d be rich!

anyway, in case you missed them, here are my other wedding recaps:

and this is going to be the grand finale.. because i am sick of trying to remember to finish the recaps.

the ceremony.

we had our ceremony at 7 PM—after we did all of our wedding photos. it was easier this way. plus, we got married at a greenhouse that is a retail store, and they closed at 6.. meaning we couldn’t even do the ceremony until 7.

we signed the marriage license pre-ceremony.. see ya later, maiden name.

Wedding Photography In Utah

and then it was time to walk down the aisle!

Wedding Photography In Utah

my two youngest nieces were the best flower girls ever.

Wedding Photography In Utah

and then it was my turn!

Wedding Photography In Utah

the ceremony was great. there were laughs and happy tears. it was absolutely perfect.

Wedding Photography In Utah

post-ceremony.. newlyweds!

Wedding Photography In Utah

the reception.

the reception was immediately after the ceremony. it all happened so fast—i seriously barely remember it! definitely a whirlwind.

here are a few of the highlights.

toasts made by the best man and maid of honor.  we didn’t have booze at the wedding, we had izze!

wedding 234 Wedding Photography In Utah

words said by our parents..

Wedding Photography In UtahWedding Photography In Utah

cake! I LOVED MY CAKE SO DANG MUCH! houndstooth perfection. and on the inside? almond cake with pomegranate filling. it was tasty.

Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah

we had a photo booth.. this was one thing i KNEW i wanted from the start. inside the booth~

Wedding Photography In Utah

the bottom of the photo strip had our names and the date. there was a scrapbook table outside the booth so guests could make a scrapbook page for me and marshall using their photo strip. they also got a copy of the strip to take home with them—this was our wedding favor.

Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah

i DON’T dance.. but we did have a few obligatory dances. father/daughter, mother/son and.. of course.. bride and groom.

DIP!

there was the bouquet toss..

Wedding Photography In Utah

of COURSE my tallest friend caught it! yay, michelle!

Wedding Photography In Utah

and the garter toss..

Wedding Photography In Utah

makes a nice headband, eh?Wedding Photography In Utah

neither of the catchers are married yet.. by the way.

there was food.. but i wouldn’t know. we didn’t really eat…. except for ice cream and peaches at the very end of the night!

Wedding Photography In Utah
a few more of my favorite shots..

wedding 034 Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah

Wedding Photography In UtahWedding Photography In UtahWedding Photography In Utah

the reception was full of a whole lot of talking and hugging and hanging out. i am not quite sure what happened exactly.. but i know it was awesome.. right until the very last minute when we left in my ridiculously decorated car.

Wedding Photography In Utah Copy of DSC_0282

rad.

okay—so that was a half assed final recap of my wedding, but you get the idea! and now that i am finally done with the recaps, a year later, i feel better.

well.. let the three day weekend begin! i am sure i will be back sometime or another. hope you all have a safe and happy holiday (if you are here in the US of A).

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga July 1, 2011 at 4:08 pm

“#2. my day job is overwhelming. sometimes i wish i could blog full time and not worry about my day job.. but blogging doesn’t pay the bills. shucks. things have been crazy at work lately”

GIRL I 100% am in the same boat. Building the blog to the point where I could say goodbye to the day job is always a work in progress.

And I am taking a road trip in less than 2 weeks too.

And have 17 million other irons in the fire and glad I am not the only who lives this life.

Your wedding pictures always make me stop, smile, and ooh and ahh :)

lindsay July 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm

i think we all need to quit our day job and go on vacation. Lets go now!!
after your date of course.
;)

Christin@purplebirdblog July 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm

You KNOW I second this idea, Linds! :)

Jackie Smith July 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Your wedding was beautiful! I especially love the close up of your niece flower girl–she is precious!

Erica July 1, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I feel like this week (work wise) sucked the life out of me a bit too! Hope you get lots of relaxing in this weekend! I can’t believe its July either- I’m having a baby this month…uhhh. SO fun that your road trip is coming up. I bet you’re going to have a blasty. Cooking classes rock- what kind of class is it? Whatcha makin? LOVE the pictures- the location is just gorgeous and your cake is so much fun

Blog is the New Black July 1, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Loved this post. Love reading about people’s weddings since I am planning my own. Your cake is amazing. DUH.

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm

You did NOT get married a year ago!! How in the heck has time flown so fast?! I swear it feels like just a couple months ago! Regardless, you are so so gorgeous in your dress :)

alex July 1, 2011 at 4:50 pm

gorgeous photos! i’ve been working 12 hour days all week, so i’m with you on the just wanting to go home and do things that require zero brain activity.

have a lovely weekend!

Amanda July 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

You are so cute! I do not dance either so that part was kind of funny at our wedding. P.S. July weddings are the best! Our anniversary is on Tuesday! Can’t believe it’s been 2 years.

I have never been to Lake Tahoe. Sad huh? You’ll have fun!

momma b. July 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

ahhh such a sweet recap – with my limited brain function it was almost like seeing the photos for the first time – haha! brought tears to my eyes, you two make such an awesome and handsome couple!
love to you both and have a wonderful 3 days off!

xoxo

julie July 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm

enjoy date night lady! marshies better do it up for you! btw i can’t beeeeeeeeeliveeeeeeeeeee its a year since your wedding (well almost?)

Amy July 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I love your wedding pictures! Especially the Izze toast. Beautiful dress, too. What was your song for your first dance?

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife July 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Your wedding looks like it was a major hit for all of you!!! Looks super fun :) And you look mighty pretty!

Have FUN at your cooking class!!

sofia July 1, 2011 at 6:51 pm

BT and i did a couple’s sushi class, and it was seriously SO MUCH FUN. enjoy your class tonight!! can’t wait to read a recap :)

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com July 1, 2011 at 6:51 pm

BEST DATE EVER!!! I am sorry about your job….I WISH you could be a full time blogger! LOVE all the wedding pictures, you were the most gorgeous bride ever!

Ashley @ Will Run for Food July 1, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Gorgeous wedding!! The cake looks awesome.

Julia July 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Crazy that it has almost been a year!
I feel ya on the busy, whether it is work, travel, whatever, everything seems to get in the way of blogging/commenting lately :(

cathy July 1, 2011 at 7:48 pm

happy three day weekend! in canada, too (canada day, today!). don’t you just wish every weekend was three days.
on goals: my july goal is to RELAX. i LOVE goal setting, too, but am taking this month to just chill out.
i always love seeing your wedding photos and hearing the details. love how you made it unique to you and marshall.
enjoy the cooking class! what a treat!

Holly @ The Runny Egg July 1, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I loved the wedding photos!!! Your cake looks incredible.

I hope you and Marshall enjoy the cooking classes — I’ve thought about buying some for Jason and me. It seems like a fun thing to do!

Abby July 1, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I totally agree about setting some goals. I need to get my butt in gear! Hope the cooking class is fun–it sure sounds like it would be! :)

Shannon July 1, 2011 at 9:26 pm

#3- I’m going to Tahoe the last week in July! I love it there! I’m lucky enough to live only 2 hours away, but oddly enough I’ve only been there once since moving up to Sacramento! I’ve been going my whole life so I know a ton to do there. If you have any questions, please let me know and I’d be happy to help you out!

Vanessa July 1, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Your wedding picture are fabulous! You guys look so happy! For some reason that makes me happy :-) I’m in a “goal setting” mood today as well.

tea-bag July 1, 2011 at 9:29 pm

i hope you have a great date night! what’s the cooking class theme?
your wedding looked like so much fun & so full of your personalities! i hate it when weddings have nothing to do with the couple getting married!

melissa July 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm

hi janetha, im a first time commenter but i’ve seen your blog a few times and i love it! you have such a great outlook and enthusiastic writing voice :)
this is such a great post! your flower girls are adorable and you are glowing in your wedding pictures!

Missy July 1, 2011 at 10:34 pm

That picture of you and MommaB is PRICELESS!

megan @ muncher cruncher July 1, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I LOVE your dress. You look beautiful! and…that cake…darling. We really do need to be real life friends one of these days :)

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 1, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Have fun at your cooking class! I went to one last year and it was so much fun :)

Eden July 2, 2011 at 12:04 am

I want to wear your cake.

ok, now that I got that off my chest….I actually am not a big believer in “goals”. Its like you get there and then what? I just strive to do my best and oh well if I can touch my toes (I cant, remember?).

I’m jealous of your date. He even gets to stay the night!

MelissaNibbles July 2, 2011 at 5:45 am

I want a date. Hope you had fun!

Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 2, 2011 at 6:39 am

You look gorgeous at your wedding!!

Elina (Healthy and Sane) July 2, 2011 at 6:56 am

It looks like so much fun. I love thinking about my wedding… such happy memories :) My 3-year anniversary is actually coming up in a few days. Time flies when you’re having fun. :D

Sarah@The Flying ONION July 2, 2011 at 8:12 am

Woohoo for three day weekends! :D

And I loved seeing the recap pictures! What a stunning wedding! And I LOVE your cake! :D

BroccoliHut July 2, 2011 at 11:01 am

I absolutely loved everything about your wedding. I may or may not have e-mailed this post to my mom, just so she could see your amazing cake!!!

Katie July 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I’m with you…what the heck happened to June?!

And I’ll never tire of seeing your gorgeousness in those wedding photos.

fittingbackin July 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I love, love, love your wedding pictures. The location looked just perfect, the cake awesome, so many guests to celebrate with – awesome!

I don’t know where June went – so weird!

kristine July 2, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Coolest cake everr!

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories July 2, 2011 at 8:42 pm

What a gorgeous (and original) wedding venue! I love it! You two looked like you had a blast. :)

And you’re so right–it all goes by WAY too quickly in retrospect!

Susana July 3, 2011 at 10:17 am

Have fun in Lake Tahoe! I’ve been there a few times for work, and it’s absolutely beautiful. A definite must visit for food one day is Fire and Ice (http://www.fire-ice.com/lake-tahoe-ca/). It’s such a cool little spot, and the concept is so fun!

Pure2raw twins July 5, 2011 at 6:43 am

oh love seeing your wedding photos, really makes me excited for mine! My finance and me are going to see the place we are getting married at today, so excited!

Calee August 14, 2014 at 10:02 am

Decided to check out your wedding posts after your “for the creepers” post (irony), and I’m glad I did because I totally forgot about the actual wedding part, you know, the part with the officiant and the license? Shit, I gotta get on that.

Janetha August 14, 2014 at 10:07 am

lol i mean it’s kinda important ;) xoxo