oh, the places to go.

by Janetha on June 9, 2011

in meals,moves,questions answered

isn’t it weird how some weeks take a really long time to go by and other weeks are over in the blink of an eye? yet every single week is the same exact amount of time.  the phrase, “time flies when you are having fun” is so true.  as is, “time stands still when you are stuck at work after hours almost every day this week.”

because i have been absent from any sort of quality blog posting this week, i am going to try to make it up to you guys! we shall see how this goes.

meals

breakfast has been the same exact thing every day. i am in love with it. it’s high time i show you.IMG_9121

a protein shake with:

• 1 cup milk (i have used either almond or skim this week)
  • 1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder
  • a squirt of concentrated POM juice (i got this in the mail as a gift from POM and when it is out i am going to be sad because i haven’t seen it in stores! it adds a lovely, tart punch to the shake.)
  • 1 – 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries & raspberries
  • 2-3 cups spinach
  • 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (because i spilled all my guar gum on the floor)
  • 15 ice cubes
  • 3/4 cup water, give or take, to get things moving

after a quick blend in the vitamix, the result looks pretty unappealing.. but trust me, the taste is amazing! don’t let looks deceive you.IMG_9126

i love my giant blender bottle because it holds the whole shake. top it off with a straw (a necessity for me) and i am good to go. every morning.

this is surprisingly satiating.  i actually don’t start to get hungry until four hours after drinking the shake. and because my week has been crazy, this bad boy has had to curb my hunger for up to six whole hours.

lunch has been the same thing three days this week. what can i say, i am a creature of habit.IMG_9142

one of my standard meals: cottage cheese + ranch seasoning with crackers (in this case, akmaks).IMG_9144

and a childhood favorite: celery + peanut butter.

work has been crazy and this lunch is easy to eat little bits and bites of between the madness.

i had to stay late (again) today, but luckily i had my favorite protein bar to keep me company for my snack.

the lemon coconut simply bar. i could eat it every day. lemon and coconut were meant to be combined, i am sure of it.

moves

when i finally got home from work, i still had to get my insanity workout in. i only let out a few groans and whines before tackling both the max cardio conditioning and the cardio abs workouts. yes.. a double header today. six workouts to go until i am done!

meals

dinner was a creamy asparagus & roasted tomato pasta with chicken served in THE RADDEST BOWL EVER.

THANK YOU MISSLE! er, missy ;) she sent me two awesome owl bowls and some other fun goodies for my birthday. you know i had to use the owl bowl right away.

this pasta was amazing and super healthy. recipe tomorrow!

SO. guess what i totally forgot about? the 30 day challenge! i bet you forgot, too. i had to look and see where i left off…

somewhere you’d like to move or visit.

well which is it, mister challenge, move.. or visit? how about i answer both?

first off, the place i most want to visit at the moment is greece.

it’s beautiful and i have never been.image

plus, eating the real deal greek cuisine is something i’ve always wanted to do.

however, i am certain that i can’t get enough time off any time soon to make the incredible journey.. so i will just have to look at beautiful photographs and dream of my future trip to greece.

as far as somewhere i would like to live?  well.. a few cities come to mind:

• london
  • san francisco
  • oslo, normway
  • maastricht, holland
  • seattle

these are places i have been and thought, “i would love to live here.”  however, i am sure there are a plethora of places i haven’t been that i would love to live.  i really don’t want to live in utah for the rest of my days! neither does marshall.  however, it would be so hard to move away from family.  i wish i could up and move all my family and friends to a new place.

i think the best way to spend money is by traveling. seeing and experiencing new places is my #1 favorite thing to do.

1. what is your dream vacation destination?

2. if you could move anywhere in the world, take your family (and your career if you want) with you.. where would you move?

emily (a nutritionist eats) June 10, 2011 at 11:55 am

I want to go to Thailand SO bad. And India. And Italy….etc.
I have been to Greece and LOVED it!

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers June 10, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I have been to Greece, and I love it. That would probably be my living choice too! As far as dream vacations go, I’d love to see Ireland.

Megan (Braise The Roof) June 10, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I love that Oslo is on your list of places that you’d like to live. :) (Clearly I’m Norwegian and have serious pride in that country!) Have you been to Bergen? I think I liked it even more than Oslo. Water AND mountains- so pretty. Copenhagen is awesome, too, while we’re on the topic of Scandinavia. Good job on the Insanity double header- I did Pure Cardio+Abs this morning and even that was exhausting. :)

Janetha June 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I didn’t go to Bergen, but my friend has a summerhome in Tjome and so I went there.. holy AMAZING. House right on the cliffs! Freshest seafood ever!

BroccoliHut June 10, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Yay for Ak Maks!!
I would love to visit Greece someday, but I would settle for Hawaii too.

Susan June 10, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Dream vacation is a Scotland hiking trip with my mom. My mom’s side of the family still lives over there, and she’s actually got a dual citizenship!

Honestly, if I could move anywhere with my family, it would be right here. Or maybe Nova Scotia where my cottage is. I think it’s because I just came home from being away, but lately I’ve been feeling very attached to the Maritimes and where I grew up (part of which was in the Nova Scotia countryside). About once a week I have a moment that could ONLY ever happen here in the Maritimes, and it takes my breath away. I’m not sure if I’ll move away again. Unless it’s my “winter home” down south when I’m 60 ;)

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes June 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm

i am a creature of habit too… my breakfasts are usually autopilot and quick go to’s! your shake looks great! i used to have a green smoothie every morning!

Christy June 11, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I would love to go to Greece! I never been to any where in Europe. Honestly, I think I would pick some place tropical before Europe. It’s like I want to visit Greece and Italy, but it’s not like I am dying to. I am dying to live in San Francisco though.

Pure2raw twins June 11, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Greece is one place Lori wants to go so bad….so if you go she is going to want to come along, oh and me too :)

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli June 12, 2011 at 8:32 am

I would LOVE to visit Greece someday…well, really all of Europe…I’d like to “eat my way around” the entire continent! Haha!

If I could take my family with me, I would move somewhere where it is 75ish degrees all the time…low to no humidity and no snow…does such a place even exist?

Joanna @ braverealworld June 12, 2011 at 8:39 am

Woo 30 day challenge!

I love that you said Greece because I have wanted to visit there for years.

I lived outside London for a year in HS, and it was awesome. I got to travel to several other countries, and surprisingly, Hungary was my favorite. I highly recommend going to Budapest.