wordless wednesday words of wisdom.

by Janetha on June 8, 2011

in Uncategorized

momma b gave me this print. i read it every day.

“there are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other’s cooking & say it was good.”

because i am leaving you all with nothing to read.. here are a couple posts i enjoyed and highly recommend:

that should keep you busy.

the winner of the sun chlorella giveaway is #45 haley n! please send me your mailing address.

i promise i will be back to my typical type of blogging tomorrow. busy week!

Q~

what is one of your favorite quotes or some favorite words of wisdom?

Amy @ love4living.com June 8, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Haha The post Eden wrote about annoying blogs is hilarious… and so true.

And do you know where the print your mom gave you came from?

Lisa June 9, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Story People! I love their prints!!

Eden June 8, 2011 at 8:19 pm

“Don’t Look at a Pig While You’re Pregnant” My mom told me this advice so my kids wouldn’t be born ugly.

And since the G in janetha g stands for genius, you, my friend are always wise.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga June 8, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Dont sweat the small stuff!

And when arguing with someone or having a disagreement…think to yourself..will i remember this in a week, a month, a year?

Will I care?

Probably no, and no.

Therefore try not to sweat the small stuff and most arguments/spats/tiffs are really not the big of a deal when you look at it in the long haul.

And I saw Eden’s post awhile back…loved it!

Janetha June 8, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Averie.. the advice about putting an argument in perspective is solid gold. Thank you for piping up about that!

Tea-bagginit June 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm

It’s better to have loved and lost than to live … With a psycho. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) June 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm

girl, you will LOVE the delta bars…make them! i love the phrase “when in doubt eat chocolate” – yum!

Missy June 8, 2011 at 9:42 pm

“Never go to bed angry – stay up and plot your revenge!”
I am loving that one today.
Great links – you know I love your baby momma’s blog – always good times there!
I have heard of Delta bars – but never made them.
Ashley is a genius and I need to make one of those recipes but I can’t quit making Deb’s muffins long enough to try!

Have a better night!

Eden June 9, 2011 at 1:20 am

I wouldnt give up Debs muffins. They are awesomesauce.

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:45 am

I am going to punch you in the stomach when I see you.

Eden June 9, 2011 at 9:34 am

Only after I “nom nom” on the muffins

Carbzilla June 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm

My mom’s given me two of those: one says “I’ve always been so proud of you” and the other says “You’re the strangest person I’ve ever met.” There’s more to it, but that’s the gyst. They’re awesome. That one’s especially perfect.

Mama Pea June 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Your cooking is good. :)

Thanks for lovin’ on the trailer.

It’s a busy week here too, but I just keep reminding myself to keep my eyes on what is important…or more specifically WHO :)

Love you!

Eden June 9, 2011 at 1:16 am

I still think Billy Mayes should have done a cameo

Kristina @ spabettie June 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I love that print – if that is the reason we are here? I’ll take it!! :)

my favorite: whatever you focus on gets bigger.

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:45 am

Ooo, never heard that but so true! Whether what we are focusing on is the negative or the positive.. definitely whatever it is, gets bigger. Thanks, Kristina!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 8, 2011 at 11:05 pm

girl – I looove your new blog layout. Who designed it!? It’s a beauty :)

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:44 am

Thanks! It was Cory at Zesty Blog Consulting :)

Lauren June 9, 2011 at 4:46 am

I absolutely LOVE that print!!!! Truer words have never been spoken. :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg June 9, 2011 at 5:36 am

I love that print!

I love this Dr. Seuss quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:44 am

ONE OF MY FAVORITES! I say this a lot when I am getting down about certain someones who have hurt my feelings.

Hope June 9, 2011 at 6:17 am

I love that print!

This is one of my favorite quotes, it’s from Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh, “Promise me you’ll always remember you’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

Pure2raw twins June 9, 2011 at 6:47 am

One of my favorite quotes – “if it is meant to be, it is up to me!”

love quotes, I am a nerd

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:43 am

That’s such a good one! I have never heard it before. It’s such a simple way to remind us that if we want something, we need to go after it.

Pure2raw twins June 9, 2011 at 9:05 am

exactly, I do not remember where I heard it before, but it always helps get my butt in gear

Claire @ ThinkingClairely June 9, 2011 at 7:44 am

I have that Brian Andreas print, too!! I love his stuff. You should check out his website – I think it’s storypeople.com. There’s a ton of great quotes there. One of my favorites from him, which I gave to my best friend growing up on a piece of artwork: ” ‘You’re the strangest person I’ve ever met’, she said, and I said ‘you too’ – and we decided we’d know each other for a long time” – sums up our relationship perfectly!

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh my gosh–I love that one! I have to find it, thanks for the website :)

Kacy June 9, 2011 at 7:56 am

I almost bought that print right before I moved. I love it!

chloe @ 321delish June 9, 2011 at 8:25 am

“Good, Better, Best…Never Let it Rest..Till the Good is Better…and the Better’s Best”

sometimes its a double edged sword but my Dad taught me this quote when I was a kid and it has really helped me to push myself past my limits!

Janetha June 9, 2011 at 8:42 am

Chloe, I love that one! It reminds me of one I say to myself when I am trying to achieve better results: “If you want to have things you’ve never had, you have to do things you’ve never done.”

I am going to start saying your good, better, best one to myself all the time!

naomi June 9, 2011 at 9:24 am

omg I love that picture and what it says!! amazing!

my mom gave me a piece of art for my bday “Do what you love” I am obsessed with it!

fittingbackin June 9, 2011 at 9:25 am

I love that quote – so sweet!

Mac June 9, 2011 at 9:36 am

Is that a Story People Book picture? I love Story People Book, I have 3 of the books and they are so cute and funny to read!

Errign June 9, 2011 at 10:29 am

Favorite quotes/sayings/wisdoms:

“I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that someday I want to live in a house filled with my books and travel souvenirs. And the walls that aren’t covered in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends. When I leave the house I will be going to a job I love, and I’ll return to a person I love. So, that’s the dream I’m working on.” -Amber Morely
and
“life is something you’re not caught at” – snow patrol “warmer climate”

Heather June 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

I love that qoute! Thanks for sharing!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife June 9, 2011 at 1:30 pm

“you are what you eat” <—great quote that is SO true!

Biz June 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I love that poster!! I need to find it – so thoughtful!

One of my favorites:

The journey is the reward.
Chinese Proverb

Hugs! Biz

Kelsey @ Clean Teen Kelsey June 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Wow, those are great links! Thanks for sharing. What a great quote from momma b. :)

Lee June 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm

These are both song lyrics but I like:

“I will go in this way and find my own way out.” – Dave Matthews Band
“But I just keep moving. When I hit a wall, I look up at the sky.” – Ben Lee

cathy June 9, 2011 at 6:21 pm

i’ll share two from my parents, since they’re older and wiser:
mom – “this too shall pass”
dad – “everything in moderation”
both are easier said than done, some days!
yet again, your mom comes thru with a winner! cards, owls, wall hangings…she’s got you covered, j!

Susan June 9, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I’m kinda crazy about quotes and even keep a little “journal” on my computer of them. Here’s my current favourite that will likely go up on my blog soon:

“I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.” -Douglas Adams

momma b. June 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Be happy everyday!
Always take the high road.

I loved reading all of these great sayings certainly a lot of great words of wisdom!
xo

BroccoliHut June 9, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I’ll be the nutrition dork–I always like “Eat by color.”

Susan June 10, 2011 at 6:26 am

I LOVE story people prints! I gave my mama one for mother’s day last year.

natalie (the sweets life) June 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm

my mom bought me a piece from that artist when i graduated college…my first real piece of art! :) I forget what it says though…FAIL! we do have it hanging in our house (despite the fact that my hubby loves to mock it!)