quick!

by Janetha on May 12, 2011

in meals

real quick! i will show you my meals & moves. well, my meals.. because my moves consisted of the insanity max interval circuit this morning before work. YES i got up and got it done.. hip hip hooray!

i have to be quick because i still have to get everything ready for my trip.. and my wake up call is at 4 AM. eesh.

breakfast: green protein smooooothie.

this had 1 cup almond milk, ice, 1 scoop EAS vanilla protein powder, a handful each of strawberries and raspberries, half a banana, xanthan and guar gums and a whole lotta spinach.

don’t let the amount in the glass fool you. this was just the part that wouldn’t fit in my enormous blender bottle.

lunch: who even knows what to call this?

this was basically a salad without the lettuce, or so i was told by my friend jessica. she said it’s her million dollar idea and i stole it. well.. fact of the matter is: it’s a delicious idea!

this was diced steamed sweet potato, diced poached chicken, steamed broccoli florets, diced avocado, cottage cheese and italian dressing.

yum. promise it was so good. don’t let looks deceive you.

snack: greek yogurt with cinnamon + crumbled alliebar + peanut butter

i am going to be one sad girl when i am out of alliebars.

i came home and got to work on dinner. i had two items of business for dinner prep:  marinate some tofu and blend up some mmm sauce.. you can click the links to see how i did each item of business.

i packed my things and ate what was probably too many handfuls of cereal while waiting for marshall to get home from the gym so we could eat dinner.

it was almost 9 PM before he got home. NINE?! what the.

anyway.. dinner finally happened.

tofu + veggies + mmm sauce.

oh my peas, mama pea knows her stuff. this sauce could transform the most inedible items into a delectable dish. oh, and the tofu marinade was flipping fantastic.

well.. i gotta go! lots to be done before i roll out of bed at 4 AM and head to the aeropuerto.

i have a few things lined up to post while i am gone.. and maybe i will pop in to say hi if time permits.

hope everyone has a fantastic friday and a perfect weekend.

1. if applicable: what was the last blogger recipe you made?

2. what is your airport attire? i ask this because i always see such an array of airport attire when i fly. there are people who rolled out of bed and are still in their PJs.. then there are girls in 6” heels and dressed to the nines. my own personal airport attire is always leggings, a long shirt and flip flops.

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I made Averie’s “turtles” with pecans, maple syrup and melted chocolate. They tasted so good — too good because Jason and I ate them all before I could take pictures.

I usually wear yoga pants, a tank top, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. I like to be comfortable on a plane!

Ellie May 12, 2011 at 8:34 pm

that, my friend, is called “delicious”. :P I so would like to try an alliebar someday. you’re makin’ me more curious now!

My attire is usually just what I’d wear casually. Maybe like jeans, sneakers/kitten heels, and the such. have a great night and safe trip Janetha!

Carla in Sydney May 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm

The last thing I made was your chicken pasta bake….I don’t cook very often!

I wear whatever TO the airport but when I am doing a longhaul flight (such as Sydney to LA which is 14 hours) I change into flanelette PJ’s and bed socks once I am on the plane. It is comfortable and I don’t care if people look at me strangely.

Where are you off to? Is it for work or pleasure? I must not have been paying attention to your posts! :-(

Abby May 12, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I made the Chocolate Chip Banana Brownies today from the Daily Garnish. Last time I was in an airport was in 5th grade–how depressing! lol.

tona May 12, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Where r u going? I flew from DEN to CLT today….I layer dress….today it was leggings, sweats, workout top(b/c bra’s bother me when I fly) weird but sitting still that long…not good. Thin jacket, tennis shoes….why? b/c my sis picked me up and we headed to the gym!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) May 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Oh I’m glad you described your outfit so I know how to recognize you tomorrow! :-)

Eek, last blogger recipe? Oh I know I modified one that Eden and Sophia did- a where’s the carb “pizza” that was basically a delish frittata that looked like a pizza- I made it mexican and did it twice in a row :-)

See you sooooooooooooooon!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 12, 2011 at 9:09 pm

headed to the airport tomorrow. will be wearing comfy yoga-ish pants called be present. a warm sweater and tshirt with flips and will have socks in my bag. i look comfy but not like i just rolled outta my bed.

have fun on your trip!!!!!

Allison @ Food For Healing May 12, 2011 at 9:14 pm

chickpea feta salad was my last little recipe, so good.
airport attire, considering i’ve only been once haha comfy clothes, like lulu pants because i hate being in jeans. And a tank top, no matter where i am or what the temperature is, i will always be wearing a tank top (although sometimes i will have a sweater on) i hate tshirts.

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 12, 2011 at 10:27 pm

When I saw your tweet about your lunch today, I was standing at the Whole Foods salad bar. It sounded so good, I decided to re-create it with what I had in front of me! There was no cottage cheese to be had, however, so I’ll have to retry at home sometime. Nonetheless, it was delicious! Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

Safe, happy travels tomorrow!

BrocStar May 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Something comfortable for the airport.. always!
That dinner looks quite good. Happy travels!

1970kikiproject May 13, 2011 at 2:54 am

safe travels, j! hope you pick up a caffeinated something as soon as you hit the “aeropuerto” (love that!).
i travel in what i call my “travelling leisure suit” – – > black stretch tights, a tshirt or tank, black adidas hoodie, running shoes. must be comfy and must be ready to walk!
i think i last baked a recipe from jenna at eat live run…it’s been a while!
have a wonderful time!

lindsay May 13, 2011 at 3:41 am

the next time you tweet about your yummy lunch, I expect you to share. I was drooling in the car when I read it. tee-hee!
Safe travels!

Lauren May 13, 2011 at 3:50 am

That sauce is amazing, but for some reason, my sauce didn’t get so smooth. Mine turned out more like a hummus. Not sure what happened but it was still delicious!

Have an AMAZING time!!!!!!

Katie May 13, 2011 at 3:52 am

I need to try Mama Peas Mmmmmmmm sauce! I love her!

Have a safe flight today and have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!

I usually wear casual clothes to the airport, last trip I wore a tee , wunder unders, and sneakers!

Love u!!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine May 13, 2011 at 4:13 am

Our airport attire sounds really similar. Yoga pants, a cute t-shirt and flip flops. I try not to look like a total bum, but I need to be comfy!

Errign May 13, 2011 at 4:38 am

I made a spin off of Gina’s Green a Colada smoothie earlier this week. :)

My airport attire is jeans, flip flops and a shirt. :) Always, always.

Lori May 13, 2011 at 4:41 am

Have a great trip! I like any salad that has broccoli as a base…

My current recipe I am trying is making my own sourdough starter from breadtopia. I am not sure it’s working LOL!

Heather May 13, 2011 at 4:46 am

i’m actually going to the airport shortly and am planning on jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers. but let’s be honest, that’s practically what i wear every day :)

Lee May 13, 2011 at 4:55 am

The mmmm sauce is so good. The last blogger recipe that I made was Silky Spinach Soup from Running with tweezers. It never made it onto the blog though. That tends to happen to me.

Abby May 13, 2011 at 5:02 am

1) I also have a flight to catch this weekend, but I’m not going anywhere near as fun as you are. Boo hiss. When I have my way, my airport attire is comfortable yoga/workout pants and tennis shoes. When I have to go right from whatever airport I land at to work on something, it’s jeans and tennis shoes. I demand comfort and have long legs, so flights are annoying ;)

2) I’ve been obsessed with steamed vegetables covered in cottage cheese. So, so good.

Have a great weekend with the ladies!!!

withasideofhope May 13, 2011 at 5:08 am

I think your lunch looks great! I have cottage cheese at home and no clue what to do with it. So I think I’m going to try your salad idea for lunch next week. :)

Have a great weekend and a safe flight! :)

jessiker May 13, 2011 at 5:09 am

Yum! It looks delicious. You can share my million dollar idears any time! You know that. I will miss you xoxox have a rootin-tootin time! xoxoxoxo

Erica May 13, 2011 at 5:25 am

mmm green smoothie- its been too long. And the greek yogurt and allie bar combo sounds fantastic! Have fun on your trip!!!!!! Airport wear always amuses me :) I usually go with some layering (mostly because I always end up freezing on the plane) but shoes that come off and on quickly are a must for security. Last blogger recipe I made? Pancakes! I’m trying to post about them now but google blogger apparently is very broken

MelissaNibbles May 13, 2011 at 5:55 am

I wake up at 4am too. I will blow you a kiss in solidarity on Monday when I wake up.

I usually wear jeans, a tank top and cardigan when I travel. I like to be comfortable without looking like a bag lady.

Freckled Foodie May 13, 2011 at 6:17 am

i’m with you on the airport attire. always comfy but classy :) sometimes jeans and a cute hoodie…all depends.

the last recipe i made was danicas cinnamon/sugar egg roll wrapper chips :)

xo.

Michelle May 13, 2011 at 6:29 am

When I head to the airport, I’m usually the girl in 4″ heels. It’s easier to wear them than to pack them in my suitcase and I can’t travel without my high heels!

Have a great trip! Can’t wait to hear about it ;-)

Karen May 13, 2011 at 6:39 am

I choose comfort over style when flying but I definitely don’t to pajamas! I like the flip flops for airport security…I don’t like getting stuck behind someone that has to spend 10 minutes putting their shoes back on after walking through security.

Katy (The Singing Runner) May 13, 2011 at 6:47 am

I really need to try mmm sauce! Looks divine!

Amy May 13, 2011 at 7:00 am

i wish i was one of those girls that looked so cute at the airport…im not hah i usually wear pajama-eque clothes. pretty sexy!
the last blogger recipe i made was yesterday and it was smoothie girl eat’s too’s protein muffin! pretty tasty! http://smoothiegirleatstoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/moist-low-calorie-microwave-protein.html

janetha May 13, 2011 at 7:10 am

That’s who I’m on my way to see!

Sent from my iPhone

Meghan @ StruggleMuffins May 13, 2011 at 7:15 am

Hi Janetha, I just came across your blog and I love it! I also love the Insanity Max Interval workout that you posted about – kicks my butt every time :)

janetha May 13, 2011 at 7:23 am

You love it?! You gave serious issues. I hate it. (I am totally kidding) thanks for stopping by!!! Xo

Sent from my iPhone

denise May 13, 2011 at 7:41 am

Last recipe from a blog: love veggies and Yoga’s Microwave oatmeal muffinn.
Airport attire: velour jogging suit, sassy shoes or leggings with flowy top and sexy shoes.
Both SUPER comfy. I also ALWAYS take a LS sweater or hoodie (depending on the rest of the outfit) for warmth……airports and planes are fareezing!

Healthy Coconut May 13, 2011 at 8:19 am

I can eat everything you posted, but I still need to try the “cottage cheese on salad” thing, still haven’t done it.

have a great trip and have a fun and relaxing weekend with the girls.

airport outfit….loose clothing like loungy pants and hoody with comfy shoes that can be slip off easily.

Tiff May 13, 2011 at 9:17 am

My last blogger recipe was German Slow Cooked Pork, and my fav attire for flight includes a cute top, walkable heels that can be slipped off during the flight, and a good pair of jeans. I also like to wear pink of possible to match my girlie suitcase. (Is that too Legally Blonde?) I’d love to bust out pjs, but it is still in public with lots of people!

Jena May 13, 2011 at 12:04 pm

The last blogger recipe I made was your enchiladas from a few days ago. Yum!

What I wear on a plane, depends on where I’m flying. To be honest, I rarely fly anywhere. I last few to Ohio in November for a funeral… I dressed for the weather there. Jeans/sweatshirt/jacket. We had to bring carry on only . To say it was difficult is an understatement. It was freezing in Ohio, and warm in florida..

The time I flew before that was to the Bahamas.. I wore shorts & a shirt w/ flip flops.

lowandbhold May 13, 2011 at 1:17 pm

That’s my exact airport attire. Sometimes I may sub skinny jeans or go with a sun dress (if it’s hot in both destinations).

Mac May 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Ballz from Fitnessista! You have to make them if you haven’t already!

mering4 May 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm

mine is always leggings, too! but I wear tennis shoes or uggs. I need my orthodics to function! Have a safe and fun weekend!

beatriceqq May 14, 2011 at 10:40 pm

i love broccoli

kissmybroccoli May 15, 2011 at 7:56 am

Last blogger recipe: adaption of Jenny’s bacon pancakes…DEElicious!

I rode in an airplane for the first time 2 summers ago and I was sooooo nervous about security. Is it weird that I get more scared of the airport than I do of the actually airplane? My shorts, tee and flip flops were perfect, but the woman next to me had to practically undress in front of everyone just to get through! Hello? Next time leave the knee high boots, belts, bangles, and necklaceS at home!