flashback friday: all in the family.

by Janetha on May 6, 2011

in meals

hey guys! it’s friday! do the friday dance. i know you have one.

i wanted to share this email i received from reader jessica today. it was too cool not to share:

Hey Janetha!
I just have to say…I’ve been doing Body for Life for a week now and I think I’ve been doing pretty good at sticking to the regimen. I put on those jeans this morning (you know…the ones that are way too expensive not to be able to fit into anymore) jeans. And guess what? They fit! This is such a great program, I can’t wait to see what’s in store a month or two down the road!
PS: I ate your guilt free cream sauce-YUM! Even my husband didn’t know it was “healthy”.

YES. i love body for life and i get so inspired when i see it working for other people. keep up the good work, jessica. and yes.. i have a few of those “too expensive to not fit into” jeans myself.  i just cannot give those to goodwill!

moving on.

my breakfast, lunch and snack were identical to yesterday. and my workout will be, too, as soon as i get it done. no, i didn’t wake up this morning.. i know, i know.

anyway, i am not one to show you the same meal over and over and over (so boring).. so how about a little flashback friday action?

remember back in july when i got married? and then i did a few wedding recaps…

and then i kind of forgot to finish the recaps. what can i say? i forget a lot of things.  so today, i am going to do a long overdue recap of one more part of my wedding: family photos.

after the bride + groom photos and the wedding party photos, i made a pit stop at kristen’s house and inhaled a PB+J.  then it was off to the venue for family photos before the ceremony.

turns out it is really difficult to photograph BIG groups in a small space. who knew? we did the best we could..

this is marshall’s side.. i am sure you can see the resemblance. especially marshall and his dad!

Wedding Photography In UtahWedding Photography In Utah

this is a more immediate family shot of marshall, his parents and his siblings. oh, and me!

Wedding Photography In Utah

there were a bunch of “just marshall and (fill in the blank)” photos, but i know he wouldn’t want me plastering them on the blog. although this one of his mom with the groomsmen is real cute.

Wedding Photography In Utah

next up was a photo of my side of the fam.

Wedding Photography In Utah

lots of kiddos! and we have two more now, actually. it’s never easy to get a good shot of everyone.

my immediate fam.. siblings, parents, grandma. and marshall!

Wedding Photography In Utah

the reason i am here today.. best parents ever.

Wedding Photography In Utah

notice my mom’s red eyes?  well it was actually really hard to get the above photo because momma b wouldn’t stop bawling her eyes out!

after composing herself, we had another try.

love that lady.

siblings! the original four benson hooligans. i am the youngest and have a brother who is 3 years older than me and two sisters who are 6 and 8 years older than me. i always hear we look alike and never believe what i hear.. but i can see it in this photo for sure.

Wedding Photography In Utah

it’s a wonder my sister marisa (brown hair) wasn’t closing her eyes.

i have lots of nieces and nephews. they are all so cute and fun.. and not mine.. so i can play with them and then go home to my dogs, who let themselves in and out with a dog door. nope, i am not quite ready to be the mother of an actual human.

shy little guy.

Wedding Photography In Utah

marshall’s mom made these awesome yellow dresses that all the little girls wore. they were perfect.

Wedding Photography In Utah

my friends showed up at the tail end of the photo sesh so we snapped a shot. this is one of my favorite photos from the whole day.

Wedding Photography In Utah

and this is michelle, my tallest friend.

Wedding Photography In Utah

whenever my family talks about getting family photos, we all let out a collective groan.  it is not easy to get everyone to smile at the same time!  so..what would the family photo flashback be without a few outtakes?

Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah Wedding Photography In Utah

fun.

i promise i won’t wait 7 months before i recap the ceremony and reception. you can hold me to it.

Q~

do you have a large and in charge family or just a small, easy to photograph one?

Kristina @ spabettie May 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm

great photos, all of them! you all look so happy in all that fun! you mom is stunning! :) (as are you!)

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 6, 2011 at 3:58 pm

LOVE these photos girlie!! My outtakes from my wedding are my favorites too… i have one of my friends feeling me up to feel all the boning in my dress also!
I have a TINY family. Like, our wedding photographer couldn’t believe how short a time it took to get us all photographed tiny… Happy friday my friend!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black May 6, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Momma Meals and Move =total MILF. Sorry. Had to be said.

lowandbhold May 6, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love every single one of these wedding flashbacks. You were such a gorgeous bride girl!

cleaneatingchelsey May 6, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Your mom is the cutest thing EVER!

Katie May 6, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I LOVE reliving wedding photos! Sometimes I pull mine out and just smile at what a fun day that was…yours are phenomenal. Also, I think you look more like your nieces than your sisters!

Sarah May 6, 2011 at 4:33 pm

lol, i love the outtakes! :) i have a huge family too – but they’re a blast! :)

BrocStar May 6, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I love the ones of your mom crying… so cute!

Meg May 6, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I love wedding photos. :) I especially like the ones of your mom tearing up… moms are just the best.

I only have a brother but Jeremy has 8 brothers and sisters and some of them have a couple kids! It was incredibly overwhelming at first, but after 3 years I’m getting used to it.

marisa May 6, 2011 at 4:38 pm

The reason my eyes are not closed is because there wasn’t a flash thankyouverymuch. Haha. So funny to see Sofi’s curtsy and cheeky grin and Kaylee can’t believe how short her hair is! One more thing… am I taller than you?! Or did I have my shoes on and you had your’s off? The one with the eyes comment looks like you are a supermidget. Love you!

Lauren May 6, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Oh my gosh, these are the best pictures ever!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us all. :)

Amanda May 6, 2011 at 5:01 pm

You made such a beautiful bride. I love the colors! Yellow is such a good accent with the purple.

I love the outtakes, those were my favorites!

Sarah@The Flying ONION May 6, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I absolutely LOVE your wedding pictures. They should definitely be in a bridal magazine, as everything just looks so perfect. :D

Momma B May 6, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I know—- leave it to Marisa to explain just why she didn’t have her eyes closed haha, it’s because they were using a canon camera you silly girls! :)

I so remember that day and hope the memory never fades, it was in your words “perfect”!! Can’t believe what came over me, I mean ME cry haha!!

You and Marshall are such a handsome couple hugs and kisses to you both!!

xoxoxo

Momma B May 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm

P.S. I also love that sofi is showing her slip and luke’s “demure” shy smile, absolutely the cutest grand kids around!!!!!

Katy (The Singing Runner) May 6, 2011 at 5:18 pm

You are BEAUTIFUL! I can’t stop looking at the photos! I love them!

Allison @ Food For Healing May 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm

such beautiful pictures!
i have a very small family, although we (my brother, sister and I) goof around a lot when we are together, so we can sometimes be a challenge to photograph!

Michelle May 6, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Oh please don’t wait another 7 months, I’m getting married in less than 6 and I’d love to see photos of your big day before then. I love your bridesmaid dresses. I’m probably going to go for a similar design and color. Love purple; it’s my favorite!

Thanks for sharing all these pictures. You have such a beautiful family!!

Karen May 6, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I love all of your wedding photos!! So glad you posted more of them!

Amy May 6, 2011 at 5:55 pm

All of your wedding photos are so amazing! I love seeing your big day recapped!

1970kikiproject May 6, 2011 at 6:09 pm

great, great flashback friday idea, j! can you believe you’re coming up on a year married?!
LOVE the photos, esp the kidlets – so cute. and yes, great resemblance between you and your sisters (and your mom – the eyes!)
i have a small family so it’s not hard to get everyone gathered…the brother is prone to silly smirks so that is the challenge!
did you ever get all your photos from the photographer? i remember it was … taking a while for you to get there!!
you were a glowing bride – share wedding photos any time!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 6, 2011 at 7:17 pm

my family is so small you’d blink and miss it. truly. I have 5 cousins, on both sides, combined. that’s it! we are the non-breeders, apparently. lol

all those little girls in yellow make my heart melt :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg May 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I love the pictures! The girls in yellow are too cute — and your tall friend is really, tall!

My family is pretty small, but Jason has a lot of relatives on his side, so together we have a pretty large group!

Allison @ Runs A Latte May 6, 2011 at 8:28 pm

These pictures are amazing! I especially love the ones where mama b is crying and then you’re looking up at her smiling. It’s so genuine and sweet!

My fiance and I both have large families! I’m kind of scared for our wedding this Sept. because I actually am petrified of being the center of attention amongst so many people! But I can’t wait to have wedding pictures – I feel excited just looking at yours.

p.s. You blew my mind earlier with the tonsil thing. You’re so right – the hangy ball is the uvula! Hey, you learn something new everyday, right? I can’t believe it took me to 26 to figure that one out!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) May 6, 2011 at 9:56 pm

OK your MIL is a very accomplished seamstress! Very impressed.

The “outtakes” are my faves as are the ones of Momma B bawling her eyes out.

You were stunning and Marshall a hunk. No surprise there.

Love the flip flops. So cute.

If I have any lying around, I should show you my ‘wedding’ photos- very low key, but there were dogs involved. as in woof. 17 yrs ago sheesh!

Jessy (squeezetheday) May 6, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Great pics! That ”shy little guy” pic is so freakin’ adorable!

We have quite a big family, but we almost never take photos. I’d love to change that in order to have more memories, despite being pretty camera shy.

Crystal May 7, 2011 at 3:44 am

You look so pretty- what a great day! I just LOVE what you did with your hair :)

Donna @ Love, Run & Travel May 7, 2011 at 5:45 am

I love love love your wedding recaps
The out takes are just as much fun as the posed photos
You are seriously glowing :)

Pure2raw twins May 7, 2011 at 6:48 am

love love these photos of your family! such a beautiful family!!

Susan May 8, 2011 at 6:09 am

Your wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful! Are you still following the BFL ratios Janetha?

janetha May 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

Loosely, yep! Not to a T, but I always eat BFL-style for the most part.

Susan May 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I love this!! Your family seems like such a wonderful bunch (I’m assuming they are, if they’re anything like you!). I also LOVE big families. Mine is large and in charge too. My immediate family is pretty normal – grew up with two older sisters. But somewhere along the way I acquired two more step-parents and FIVE step-siblings. On top of that, my mom’s side of the family is ginormous and ridiculously close. I have a boatload of cousins, aunts and uncles on that side that I’m always in touch with. Family is seriously the bestest!

kissmybroccoli May 10, 2011 at 3:35 pm

LOVE all the photos! You have a beautiful family! Those little yellow dresses on the girls are adorable! And I love Momma B’s dress…she looks smokin! ;)

Nice booby shot! Haha!

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices May 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm

OMG…your photographer…AMAZING!
& you…most gorgeous bride :)