hey blog lovin ladies! (well, and matt and evan..) how’s your wednesday? i don’t say “hump day” because that term drives me bonkers. the term “bonkers” is amazing, though, and i think i need to use it more often.
i’ve got the jazz game tonight.. very last one of the season since they didn’t make it to the playoffs (boooo, hisssss).. so this post is going to be shorter and, as always, slightly random. maybe more random than usual, actually. you know when i have a title like “stuff.”, things are going to be a little out there.
last night after our delicious salmon dinner (oh, i forgot to tell you guys that my seafood hating husband has agreed to eat fish! i am so excited about it. i can finally cook fish and then put fish recipes on the blog.) we watched the people i’ve slept with.
we watched this for one reason: lynn chen. yes, fellow food blogger lynn, is an actress! and an amazing one at that. this is the second movie of hers that we have watched and she is really great. you should all check it out. it’s on netflix.
woke up bright and early at 6:30 AM to do the cardio recovery DVD of insanity. this one is only 30 minutes long and is easy peasy. it’s nice to have a break, though, i can’t lie. i am loving insanity and loving the morning workouts! i have all sorts of time after work now. i am never looking back.
breakfast was a sweet and savory duo of delicious.
on the savory side, which is where i started, we have five egg whites + ketchup.
yes, five egg whites. i was going to do four but there were five eggs left in the carton so i went with it. i whisked them and poured them into a bowl sprayed with olive oil and nuked them for 3 minutes on 70% power. that is how an ultimate protein pillow is achieved. this egg white puff packs 30 grams of protein.
the sweet side was one toasted whole wheat bagel thin + cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter.
here’s my decision: i love bagel thins. i only love them if they are toasted. i don’t love them for sandwiches. the end.
time to throw a couple random links your way!
- katy talked about post timing and how to time your blog posting for the biggest impact. i pay no attention to when i post.. it is just always once a night whenever i can get it published. but this information caught my eye and, while i am not going to change how often i post, i am going to try to take some of her suggestions and improve my blogging habits.
- brittany posted a really cool diagram that shows just what companies are running the organic industry. if you are into organic stuff (which you should be) it may be worth your while to check out her post. it is surprising to see who is behind some of my favorite companies!
lunch was random.. but actually one of the best i have had in awhile!
spaghetti squash + 3/4 c cottage cheese (seasoned with ranch seasoning) + roasted cherry tomatoes.
and a citrus kombucha because i felt like it.
delicious and nutritious, right linds?
ready for more random links?! yeah, i thought so!
- hope is getting married! she is in the running to win a disney FAIRYTALE wedding. she needs your vote—please click here and vote for hope.
- elise posted this SUUUUPER informative post about greek yogurt. if you eat greek yogurt (or even if you don’t) you should read it. i learned so much!
speaking of greek yogurt.. remember how i posted about there being a chobani shortage the other day?
several of you chimed in that you also experienced the same thing and your grocery stores were out of chobani.
well guess what? emily from chobani contacted me and let me know that she is bummed we all missed out on the goodness. SO, she has generously offered to send anyone commented they experienced a shortage at the store a “rain check.” to get a coupon for FREE chobani, simply direct message @chobani on twitter and they will happily send you a coupon!
if you aren’t on twitter and experienced the shortage, just contact me with your address and i will forward it along to chobani myself.
you have to LOVE a company that will offer consumers something like this. chobani is nothing but good—just like their logo says! thanks, emily!
and now it’s time to announce the winner of the cell mate giveaway!
congrats, marlow! send me your mailing address and i will ship your cell mate to you. remember, if you want to purchase a cell mate, go here and enter the discount code “mealsandmoves” to get 25% off your order.
and now, because i have nothing else to talk about, i am going to do #11 of my 30 day challenge.. that is turning into a 5 month long ordeal.
i haven’t updated my ipod in over a year, so there will be nothing current or new here. i am one of those people who is NOT up to date on current music. such is life. oh but i did buy the new sounds album recently! it’s good.
1. zero by the smashing pumpkins. fun fact: this CD (mellon coolie and the infinite sadness) was the FIRST CD i ever owned when i got my first CD player in sixth grade.
2. pickpocket by at the drive in. i wish they were still a band…
3. just what i needed by the cars.
4. stars in her eyes by the murder city devils.
5. the company dime by the get up kids.
6. proposals by cursive.
7. hurricane drunk by florence & the machine.
8. good ol’ fashion nightmare by matt & kim.
9. confession by lagwagon.
10. jude law and a semester abroad by brand new.
well that was fun. and easy. does anyone notice that when they put their ipod on shuffle, the same songs come up really often? maybe it’s just me…
alright, time to shut up. and go to the game. see ya tomorrow! don’t forget to snag your free chobani coupon if you missed out on chobani at your store!
1. what is your favorite band? because i can’t pick one, i will name five of my favorites: metric, face to face, minus the bear, aesop rock and the good life. a little of everything.
2. the term “hump day”: yay or nay? naaaaay.
xo. janetha g.