stuff.

by Janetha on April 13, 2011

in meals

hey blog lovin ladies! (well, and matt and evan..) how’s your wednesday? i don’t say “hump day” because that term drives me bonkers. the term “bonkers” is amazing, though, and i think i need to use it more often.

i’ve got the jazz game tonight.. very last one of the season since they didn’t make it to the playoffs (boooo, hisssss).. so this post is going to be shorter and, as always, slightly random. maybe more random than usual, actually. you know when i have a title like “stuff.”, things are going to be a little out there.

last night after our delicious salmon dinner (oh, i forgot to tell you guys that my seafood hating husband has agreed to eat fish! i am so excited about it. i can finally cook fish and then put fish recipes on the blog.) we watched the people i’ve slept with.

we watched this for one reason: lynn chen. yes, fellow food blogger lynn, is an actress! and an amazing one at that. this is the second movie of hers that we have watched and she is really great. you should all check it out. it’s on netflix.

woke up bright and early at 6:30 AM to do the cardio recovery DVD of insanity. this one is only 30 minutes long and is easy peasy. it’s nice to have a break, though, i can’t lie.  i am loving insanity and loving the morning workouts! i have all sorts of time after work now. i am never looking back.

breakfast was a sweet and savory duo of delicious.

on the savory side, which is where i started, we have five egg whites + ketchup.

yes, five egg whites. i was going to do four but there were five eggs left in the carton so i went with it. i whisked them and poured them into a bowl sprayed with olive oil and nuked them for 3 minutes on 70% power. that is how an ultimate protein pillow is achieved. this egg white puff packs 30 grams of protein.

the sweet side was one toasted whole wheat bagel thin + cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter.

here’s my decision: i love bagel thins. i only love them if they are toasted. i don’t love them for sandwiches. the end.

time to throw a couple random links your way!

lunch was random.. but actually one of the best i have had in awhile!

spaghetti squash + 3/4 c cottage cheese (seasoned with ranch seasoning) + roasted cherry tomatoes.

and a citrus kombucha because i felt like it.

delicious and nutritious, right linds?

ready for more random links?! yeah, i thought so!

speaking of greek yogurt.. remember how i posted about there being a chobani shortage the other day?

several of you chimed in that you also experienced the same thing and your grocery stores were out of chobani.

well guess what? emily from chobani contacted me and let me know that she is bummed we all missed out on the goodness. SO, she has generously offered to send anyone commented they experienced a shortage at the store a “rain check.” to get a coupon for FREE chobani, simply direct message @chobani on twitter and they will happily send you a coupon!

if you aren’t on twitter and experienced the shortage, just contact me with your address and i will forward it along to chobani myself.

you have to LOVE a company that will offer consumers something like this. chobani is nothing but good—just like their logo says! thanks, emily!

and now it’s time to announce the winner of the cell mate giveaway!

congrats, marlow! send me your mailing address and i will ship your cell mate to you. remember, if you want to purchase a cell mate, go here and enter the discount code “mealsandmoves” to get 25% off your order.

and now, because i have nothing else to talk about, i am going to do #11 of my 30 day challenge.. that is turning into a 5 month long ordeal.

i haven’t updated my ipod in over a year, so there will be nothing current or new here. i am one of those people who is NOT up to date on current music. such is life. oh but i did buy the new sounds album recently! it’s good.

readyyyy.. go!

1. zero by the smashing pumpkins. fun fact: this CD (mellon coolie and the infinite sadness) was the FIRST CD i ever owned when i got my first CD player in sixth grade.

2. pickpocket by at the drive in. i wish they were still a band…

3. just what i needed by the cars.

4. stars in her eyes by the murder city devils.

5. the company dime by the get up kids.

6. proposals by cursive.

7. hurricane drunk by florence & the machine.

8. good ol’ fashion nightmare by matt & kim.

9. confession by lagwagon.

10. jude law and a semester abroad by brand new.

well that was fun. and easy. does anyone notice that when they put their ipod on shuffle, the same songs come up really often? maybe it’s just me…

alright, time to shut up. and go to the game. see ya tomorrow! don’t forget to snag your free chobani coupon if you missed out on chobani at your store!

1. what is your favorite band? because i can’t pick one, i will name five of my favorites: metric, face to face, minus the bear, aesop rock and the good life. a little of everything.

2. the term “hump day”: yay or nay? naaaaay.

withasideofhope April 14, 2011 at 6:26 am

Thank you SO much for posting about the contest girl! I really appreciate it so much! :) You are the best! <3

I don't really have a favorite band right now. I seem to be listening to more solo artists than anything.

Hump day..hmm..I'd have to go with nay!

Paige (Running Around Normal) April 14, 2011 at 6:28 am

I’m not a huge fan of hump day either. It always makes me think of the naughty connotation…the the *hump* in the middle of the day. And I don’t like calling the dirty dirty “hump” anyway :-P Ha! TMI?

Di April 14, 2011 at 6:36 am

Thanks for the Chobani information! :)

Um, Jude Law and a Semester Abroad got me SO excited! Love Brand New!

However, my two favorite bands (that have been consistently my favorites for the past few years) are Third Eye Blind (I’ve loved them since the ’90s) and Anberlin.

Emily April 14, 2011 at 7:36 am

1. wu tang (and all related solo projects); moby; at the drive in (miss them too!); thievery corporation; radiohead; … I could go on. and on.

2. HATE that term. who decided it was a good idea in the first place? I may need to google this.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather April 14, 2011 at 8:16 am

Oh i’m so excited that movie’s on netflix! I’ll be checking it out soon. What’s the other movie Lynn was in?

janetha April 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

White on rice–it was so good!

Michelle April 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

Speaking of Chobani, have you been able to find the new flavors? I hear they supposedly carry them at Target but it’s nearly impossible for me to get to Target. Perhaps the new flavors are so wildly popular that they fly off the shelves as soon as they’re restocked? Ah well, I suppose I’ll have to live with what I can find for now :-)

Thanks for the heads up on the post timing post. It was very informative. I love that she did all the research. I’m such a numbers nerd, so it was super fun to read!

janetha April 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm

yes i get them at target!

todayilovemylife April 14, 2011 at 8:47 am

About hump day: I don’t really like that term either, but I use it all the time! Here’s why: I always joke that I am like the hunchback of my job because I get stuck in the back of the back office where no one can see me, and my boss goes out of her way to make sure that I never get introduced to anyone. It’s bizarre. Because of that, every day is hump day for me! lol! xoxo

Nicole M. G. April 14, 2011 at 9:12 am

1. I have favorite band(s): Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Paramore, John Mayer, The Fray, The Script, Dave Matthews Band…and then I love R&B as well. I am all over the place!!

2. Hump Day…hate it! Always have!

natalie (the sweets life) April 14, 2011 at 10:02 am

love insanity and having fun reading your comments about it. i’m not doing the full 2 month program, i just intersperse the workouts amongst my running and lifting to keep my body guessing! just wait til you try some of the “max” ones…good stuff!

tea-bag April 14, 2011 at 10:17 am

“hump day” – only if it’s the third date. :)

McKenzie April 14, 2011 at 11:23 am

It is always hard to pick just one band. One of my all-time favorites is Green Day but generally Radiohead, Bright Eyes, Counting Crows. For the longest time I had a soft-spot for John Mayer but I think that is over.

My brother-in-law recently gave us some Minus the Bear; I’ll have to take a listen!

And I am definitely a hump day person, although I really was into it in college more than I am so now.

Brittany April 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Ahh.. I love Lynn. I need to check out some of her movies!

Thanks for the shout out lady. The chart was very eye opening to me as well. I love that organic brands are making it mainstream but I’m also sad to see some of them in the hands of corporate giants.

PS – please delete my first comment, it was linked to my copmany’s website. :)

Katie April 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Haha, I just titled a a post “bonkers” because that’s what my day was like…funny coincidence! Also, I’m so excited you’re loving the morning workouts! Eeee! Never look back!

Ananda April 14, 2011 at 5:25 pm

i love that you have Brand New on your ipod. I really dig that band.

Krista (joysofk) April 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Radiohead has been my favorite band since 5th grade. I did go through a huge phish and hippie jamband phase in highschool/college though…people are usually really surprised at this…then I tell them how often I brush my hair and they go, “ohh. it all makes sense now.”