did you remember to change your calendar?
all three of them. (hi HEAB!)
so.. it’s april fools day.
do you guys remember my april fools day prank last year? ha. typical. i am not pulling any april fools day jokes this year. not on you and definitely not on marshall! i did fool him last year and, while it was purely innocent (told him i ran out of gas), he got suuuper mad and we got in a fight. bless his sensitive soul. so this year, all pranks are off.
i do have a few things to inform you guys about april of that are totally, 100% on the real. no fooling here.
1. no alcohol april.
yesterday allison tweeted about an alcohol free april. behold:
it was official.
and that is how alcohol free april came to be.
okay, i rarely drink, so this isn’t a hard thing.. but it is a thing none the less. and it is my thing. for april. so that’s that. hope on board if you want to, too.
2. getting back on track is HARD.
that is no joke, people! remember less than a week ago when i set goals and declared that i am going to get back into the groove of all my good habits? well, it’s been hard. harder than i expected. but i am sticking to my guns AND staying accountable. so i want to go over the goals i set and check in.
- drink a gallon of water daily
- i have done this every day but yesterday. my stomach has been upset for two days (not sure why) and the water consumption has lacked. but i have been guzzling water like there’s no tomorrow and, consequently, i feel much less hungry!
- eat at least 125 grams of protein daily—spacing it out at each meal
- YES—i have really surprised myself with this one!
- take all my vitamins & supplements regularly
- no… i think it is time to bust out the grandma-style pill keeper. i just forget to take them!
- stick to a workout schedule
- sunday=HIIT, monday=lower body, tuesday=HIIT.. then wednesday? thursday? oh. i didn’t work out. either day. blowing it.
- stop grabbing handful after handful of random stuff when i am at home just because it is there and i am bored (peanut butter filled pretzels, cereal, mary’s crackers, dark chocolate)
- guess what? i did great with this sunday, monday and tuesday. then wednesday? thursday? blew it. the days i didn’t work out. the days i went home and felt sick and was just HOME.. with lots of things to snack on. i need to purge my kitchen.
- don’t eat while driving (i swear this is my downfall—when i eat my snack in the car i feel like i didn’t eat a snack at all)
- this one has been a success!
so i am here to tell you, first hand, that once you fall out of good habits, getting back into them is HARD! maybe not for everyone, but it is hard for me! i think item of business #3 is going to help me stay in line…
3. let the insanity begin.
i haven’t clued you guys in on my plans.. but this has actually been on my agenda for a little over a month now. i have wanted to complete the 60 day insanity challenge ever since purchasing the DVDs. marshall has started working out regularly so i asked him if he wanted to do the challenge with me. he said he wanted to take a bit of time to get into better shape first, but that we could do it come april.
well, april is here.
we are starting the insanity challenge on sunday. april 3. it is an 8 week challenge with a one week rest period in between–so 9 weeks total. this will set our finish date for june 4, right in time for summer! i am excited to do insanity and even more excited that marshall will be doing it with me. i have done insanity on and off in the past (actually, i checked, and last april 4 i was doing an insanity workout!) but never for the full 60 days, adhering to the schedule 100%. it will definitely be a challenge.
i’ve printed out the calendar, we will be taking our “before” photos on sunday and the insanity will begin!
what i am SCARED of is that we have made the decision to do insanity in the morning. um. do you know me? do you KNOW me? i don’t do mornings, period, let alone WORKOUTS in the morning. safe to say i am scared. real, real scared. hope it doesn’t take too long to get used to. what i love is that my workout will be done in the morning and when i get off work i can just relax.
still, i am scared. let it be known.
well those are my announcements. i leave you with friday’s eats so far.
breakfast: egg whites + cereal.
i am really focusing on this protein thing! i wanted cereal so bad, but also needed protein to balance things out and hit my daily goals. i prepared 4 egg whites (+ a little yolk that fell into the bowl) in the microwave—super simple, i whisk them with a splash of milk and microwave them on power level 70% for 3 minutes. voila.
the cereal was a mix of kashi golean, TJ’s fiber cereal and kamut puffs topped off with skim milk.
i was the ONLY person in the office this morning (for the first 4 hours) and so i watched the front desk.. and had these staring at me:
i am a pretzel fanatic. i had to have
one five handfuls.
but really, 120 calories for 25 pretzels is no big deal. hey, at least it’s not crack.
lunch: four cheese chicken mac.
I LOVE LEFTOVERS! end of story. you guys have to make this—SERIOUSLY. oh, and the recipe is right here.
i had a citrus kombucha with lunch. that’s my second favorite flavor. they were $2 at whole foods, steal of a deal.
while i was eating (slash working—what’s a lunch break?), my boss grabbed my camera and proceeded to take photo after photo of me in a circle “from every angle” as he put it.. um..
this is what i deal with at work, folks. but i love my job, so it’s tolerable.
totally unrelated thought.. last year, easter was on april 4. this year, it is on april 24. next year, it is on april 8. who the hell decides this and why is it always so random?! maybe that’s why i like christmas.. december 25th every year.
also, i kinda miss doing flashback friday. do you guys miss me doing it? if it is an all around missing, then i will make the effort to do one at least once a month. let me know how you feel about that.
alright, that’s enough out of me. love you all. happy weekend.
1. any april fools day pranks you want to share with the class? either ones you pulled or were pulled on you.. anything goes.
2. workouts: morning, afternoon, evening or night?
xo. janetha g.