from the heart.

by Janetha on March 24, 2011

in meals

hey guys.

my sister arrived from california tonight. the whole fam came up to the parents’ place and we are having $115 worth of mexican takeout.

photos 001

that, my friends, is 17 fish tacos, 8 orders of rice & beans, 6 orders of chips, salsa & guac, a chile verde burrito and a chicken salad. to go.

because i am busy enjoying quality time with people i love, i won’t be posting about today. in case you wondered, it was a pretty great day.

instead of a typical meals & moves post.. i am posting something from the heart. not from my heart, but from momma b’s heart.

here she is..

Thank you is not a big enough word!  I am absolutely overwhelmed with the outpouring of love, prayers and concern for me, Janetha and our family!!  The past few days have been scary but also rewarding and quite eye opening.

This is Janetha’s blog. I’m glad she shares our family with all of you and is allowing me some space here to “ramble” (now you know where she gets it!)  I am so proud of the way she approaches all aspects of her life. She is willing to share, serve, humor, teach and love us with such candor and honesty, I am so happy to be her mother!

I’m all about helping others and hope my scare will perhaps help others out there experiencing some of what’s up in my life.  Yes, I’m a pretty healthy 58 year old who loves to exercise and tries real hard to eat right ;)

I now know I have a hole in my heart – we will find out Monday, March 28 just how big the hole is and whether or not it will require repair.  My oldest daughter is a research junkie, I am so thankful for the articles and links she has sent to our family – we are learning a lot and knowledge is power!!

We are learning that the hole may have a close connection to the migraines I suffer with as well as the TIA’s I have also had.  A few of you mentioned situations in your own lives and families that are quite similar to what we are experiencing and sharing with us is so helpful, thanks again!!

I came home at noon today feeling a little “off” having worked in the morning.  I ate some of Janetha’s left over lasagna (yum) and then sat down and began to read all of your sweet comments……before long I had tears dripping on my keyboard feeling so richly blessed by your kind words of encouragement and love, you folks are so incredibly amazing!!  But you know what the best part was???  Before too long I no longer was feeling “off” – I was feeling SO much better!  I am also all about positive affirmations – I have a necklace I love to wear that says “Think good, it will be good” and that about sums it up!

It is so rewarding to be surrounded by such love and concern – now I’m starting to repeat myself and sound crazy– haha!  So I will close by telling you how much I love ALL of you, I consider you family and include you in my daily prayers. It may sound cliché but I totally feel your love and prayers— it keeps me going!  I have a great love and respect for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us all and wants us to be happy.  I also have great faith in the power of prayer, I have a wonderful family close by and all of you – I am a blessed and lucky momma b!!!!

from the bottom of both of our hearts…

photos 005

…thank you.

xo. janetha g. & momma b.

jules524 March 25, 2011 at 7:13 am

momma b!! i wish i could hug you! i’m glad you’re feeling a bit better and i’ll continue to keep you in my thoughts/prayers :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine March 25, 2011 at 7:21 am

Aww this is so sweet. Sending lots of prayers and positive vibes your way!!

rebecca lustig March 25, 2011 at 7:26 am

beautiful letter. from a beautiful person.

holy take out boxes! bet you made their night, ha
have a great weekend!

rebecca

christine March 25, 2011 at 7:29 am

um. this made me cry. at work. sooo stinking sweet.

Jess March 25, 2011 at 8:10 am

Such a great post…so thankful your mom is doing well Janetha!!

Emily March 25, 2011 at 8:14 am

Love you guys. xoxo

marie March 25, 2011 at 8:26 am

I am just now catching up on Janetha’s blog and have to comment. I can’t begin to understand what all of y’all are going through, but I do want to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad to hear that Mama B is doing so much better. I hope that she continues to improve and that you get very, very good news from the doc on Monday!!

Rachel March 25, 2011 at 8:32 am

Wow, those are some powerful words Momma B!! You are an amazing woman, it is not surprising that Janetha is such an wonderful person (and your other children too-I’m sure). Stay positive and we are all praying for you. Much love!!

Abby March 25, 2011 at 8:54 am

I heart you both.
The end.

Susan March 25, 2011 at 9:04 am

Both of you are gorgeous! Momma b seems like such a sweet lady – reminds me of my own mom :) Hope you feel TOP KNOTCH soon momma!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) March 25, 2011 at 9:05 am

:) I heart Momma B and my thoughts and prayers have been with you all.

Nicole C March 25, 2011 at 9:26 am

You have one great momma Janetha! Those words are so pure and touching. It’s great to be able to open up your world and share moments of happiness and times of needing a hug. Moms amazes me with their strength and I’m glad that Momma B is such a strong person in your life.

Many prayers to you all..

Susan March 25, 2011 at 9:54 am

Wow, it’s all related to a hole in your heart?? I’m so happy they were able to find that. I REALLY hope this is a step toward fixing it! I truly believe there’s something to hope and prayer, especially when you have so many people behind you. It’s so clear that your family is an extraordinary one and I hate to see you go through a hard time. As always, lotsandlots of love xoxoxo

melissadishes March 25, 2011 at 10:19 am

i’m glad y’all have been getting some answers and making progress is fixing your momma!

My mom arrived at my house last night, and I had to read to her what you wrote about your mom. Scary stuff, could happen to anyone, even the young and fit like your momma.

Paige is Running Around Normal March 25, 2011 at 10:32 am

We’ll be thinking of you this weekend, Momma B! So encouraging that you’re finding out more about it. Praying that Monday brings good news <3 <3

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) March 25, 2011 at 10:51 am

You, crazy?? Never! Crazy is being able to spend $117 on Mexican food- I didn’t think it was possible.

I hope that the whole in your heart can be mended and stop all these other annoying things like TIAs and Migraines.

I’m not much of a religious person, but I do believe that there is something huge to be said for faith and for prayers- and thanks to the fact that Janetha has shared her wonderfulness with us and introduced us to you- you have a lot of powerful vibes flowing your way. Soak them up- you deserve them! We’re here for you, and Janetha Bean <3 Hugs. And a ton of love.

Allison @ Runs A Latte March 25, 2011 at 11:48 am

So glad to hear from you Mama B! And it truly is so amazing to see this community rally around and support one another this way! It makes me feel proud to be a part of it! Be sure to keep us updated!

Emily March 25, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Janetha, I love your mom! It’s easy to see where you get your generous soul from :)

And what a great picture of you two! Enjoy your family time.

Christina March 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I know this might be TMI but I seriously think I’m going to be PMSing because I am sitting here at my office crying! Janeetha you are truly blessed to have such a wonderful and caring mother. Momma b, you keep on rocking! You’ll be shaped up in no time!

Carbzilla March 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Oh man, I started tearing up the moment you introduced your Momma. It is truly our special honor to be a remote part of your family. Big hugs!

thedelicateplace March 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

j—my brother has a hole in his heart. we found out when he was 9 and he is now 24 and totally unrestricted. it was 3mm in size and his only request of our doctor was that he refrain from playing high school football and/or lift really heavy weights due to possible backflow of blood through the hole. he’s never had any issues and now that your mom is aware i hope that she will know what could ‘set’ off the trigger for a TIA. your family is in my prayers! x

nee nee March 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Janetha and Momma B – I have been so behind on my reader that I’m just now catching up. I’m so grateful that Momma B is doing better and that you’re finding out what the issues are so they can be addressed!

We appreciate what BOTH of you give to all of your crazy readers – it truly is a labor of love.

May God bless you both with strength and healing…

Natalie (The First Kitchen) March 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm

That was very sweet to hear, Momma G. Hope you feel better and better every day. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Danica March 25, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Jay and I totally wish we were there with you all ~ ok, well, he said, he’d have to have something “other” than fish tacos since he thinks fish is stinky! :D I know Jay would have you all laughing in some way or another since he is such a goof…..or maybe him and Marshall would just entertain themselves :)

I LOVE Momma B and all of you ~ thanks for sharing this ~ it made me tear up! I know that you all will “fill” Momma B’s hole in her heart with LOVE and that it will get better. I am glad they found out what is causing everything and will be praying they can fix it.

LOVE the pic of you both….sending lots of love and hugs and if the rain ever goes away I’ll send some California sunshine with you all!

XOXO!!!

D & J

Little Bookworm March 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Such a sweet post!

Mary (A Merry Life) March 26, 2011 at 1:56 am

Love you both! Enjoy the time together! *hugs*

Shannon March 26, 2011 at 4:53 am

so touching! love you guys <3

kissmybroccoli March 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm

So glad you are getting closer to understanding the cause of it all! You guys remain in my thoughts and prayers everyday! Hugs to all of you with all my love!

Becky B March 28, 2011 at 6:33 am

Good post girls! Your Washington Family is anxciously waiting for more news and praying for you!