just the facts.

by Janetha on February 16, 2011

in meals,moves

WOW. thank you for the feedback, comments, stories and kind words on my last post about suicide. you guys are amazing! really great stuff. i wish i had time to reply to you all individually. unfortunately, that would take years, so how about a group hug?

that was great.

day six of my little 30 day challenge says to list 30 interesting facts about yourself.

well, rattling off facts about myself i can definitely do. but interesting? hmm.. i am not making any promises.

here we go!

fact 1: i have started eating breakfast at home every morning instead of at work.

two slices of french meadow women’s bread, toasted and topped with organic peanut butter, plus scrambled eggs (1 whole egg+2 whites)

it is a lot nicer. i read my latest issue of real simple while i eat and it is such a nice way to start the day.

fact 2: i have been waking up without pressing snooze for an hour!

that is why i have been able to implement fact #1!

fact 3: i was born on a wednesday. this year, my birthday is on a wednesday.

which means that this year, if you were born in 1983, your birthday is on the same day of the week that you were born. unless you were born on leap day.. i don’t know how all that garbage works.

fact 4: i am leaving town straight from work tomorrow and i haven’t started packing yet.

blogging is a good way to procrastinate.

fact 5: my favorite number is 22.

has been since jr. high. not sure why.

fact 6: i could (and usually do) eat leftovers every day.

pasta with chicken, roasted grape tomatoes & caramelized onion basil sauce (recipe coming soon) + broccoli.

fact 7: i have two older sisters and one older brother.

which makes me the youngest in my fam.

fact 8: i love all fruit, but there is nothing better than a super ripe, fresh peach when it is in season.

that is my very favorite fruit. ever.

fact 9: my middle name is ann.

seems to be quite the popular middle name.

fact 10: i have been eating absurd amounts of bananas lately.

today i had my banana in sandwich form, the nut butter you see is mighty maple by PB & Co.

fact 11: mighty maple by PB & Co is my favorite peanut butter.

fact 12: justin’s maple almond butter is my favorite almond butter.

fact 13: although i love maple nut butters, my favorite flavor is actually vanilla bean.

fact 14: i crack any and all possible parts of my body, from my fingers to my toes to my back to my neck to my elbows and everywhere in between.

this drives my boss crazy, but i am addicted. oh, and for the record, when i go on a popping spree, i count how many pops there are. and it always has to be an even number. i am crazy!

fact 15: i count my steps when i go up or down stairs.

i told you, i am crazy!

fact 16: my mom is the BEST EVER!!!!!

she sent valentines to me, marshall, penny & randy. we each got 5 bucks. even the dogs. i told marshall that penny and randy get to spend theirs on whatever they want and that he didn’t get to spend it!

fact 17: my hamstrings are so sore.

thanks a lot, jackie warner.

fact 18: i graduated from high school ON my 18th birthday.

that was pretty neat.

fact 19: i changed the order of my facts so that 18th birthday one fell on fact 18.

i told you, i am crazy!

fact 20: i subscribe to six magazines.

oxygen, cooking light, self, shape, women’s health and real simple. this new issue of oxygen came just in time for the plane ride!

fact 21: i had braces, only on top, for 5 years.

it was crappy at the time but now that i have a nice smile, i am glad i went through that.

fact 22: 22 is my favorite number!

oh wait.. i already said that.

fact 23: deb is my secret valentine.

guess what she sent me?!

mini chocolate protein muffins! gah. love her.

fact 24:

fact 25: i have started doing the bodyrock.tv workouts!

for the past two days. i did this workout yesterday and this one today. they are quick, efficient and fun. plus, zuzana is smokin’ and ripped—super encouraging!

fact 26: cottage cheese will ALWAYS be a savory food for me.. NEVER sweet.

post workout snack!

fact 27: i hate wearing the color red and can’t think of one thing i own that is red.

fact 28: my biggest/worst fault is procrastination.

still haven’t started packing.. it is 11:02 PM..

fact 29: i am going to chicago for my very first time EVER.. tomorrow! with kristen.

i can’t wait!

fact 30: i sure am going to miss these three nuggets while i am gone!

IMG_8216IMG_8218IMG_8229

i probably will be scarce for the next five days.. but i will try to post!

1. tell me a fact about yourself. anything goes!

2. selfish question for me: what is fun to do/not to be missed/must be eaten in chicago? i would love suggestions on where to go, what to do, what is fun during the day, fun at night, great places to shop, cool museums, delicious restaurants.. you name it. i want to know.

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm

1. I hate the taste of water.
2. I was born on a SNOW DAAYY (1/8/88!)
3. I hate odd numbers, and I will never finish on an odd number mileage like 4.23 on the treadmill (weird)
4. Part of my childhood was spent living in England
5. I love wearing red! c’mon! :)

HAVE FUN in Chicago!

natalie (the sweets life) February 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm

get thee to a portillo’s in chicago and order a chocolate cake shake. absolutely worth the indulgence!!!!!!!!

only been to Feast once but it was SO good: http://www.feastrestaurant.com/

if you find yourself in Wicker Park, go to Crust for pizza http://crustorganic.com/

YAY! Have fun! Can’t wait to hear about it! :)

mmmstories February 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I LOVE that you’re coming to Chicago! wooo!
I second what many people above have said:

– For Chicago Pizza there’s Lou Malnati’s, Gino’s East or Giordano’s
– Hit up State Street and Michigan Ave for shopping, visit the 3-story HUGE Forever 21 on Michigan Ave and take a few minutes to snap pictures with the Bean in Millennium Park (at the end of the Magnificent Mile of Michigan Ave)
– Rock N Roll McDonald’s in River North ..not really special but it’s such a landmark of my childhood and you’ll probably see it if you go out in the area
– Visit the old sports bars and towering Wrigley Field in Wrigleyville – there will be a huge Mardi Gras bar crawl going on on Saturday (so stay clear or hit it up depending on your goals :) )

You really can’t go wrong in the Windy City! Have SOO much fun!

thehungryartist February 17, 2011 at 12:19 pm

So many fun places to visit there. I love the Art Institute — great museum. I always must visit the section on Miniature Rooms. They are so lovely and amazing.

emily (a nutritionist eats) February 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Did you like the Women’s Bread? I work for French Meadow! :) You should try the Men’s Bread too (or Sprouted – they are my favorite!)
Chicago is SO fun! You will have a blast. My Mom, future SIL and I went to Purple Pig after wedding dress shopping and had a delicious/fun meal!

Jen February 17, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I can’t sleep if it’s hot in our room. In the summer I have an a/c unit for just our room so I can keep it cold. In the winter and anytime the temp dips below 50 at night, I sleep with the window open. It doesn’t matter how cold it gets at night, the window will be open!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm

lived in chicago for years, i could tell you a million things to do from shopping to going out but no doubt, you will find all the amazing spots on your own b/c you’re cool like that :)

joint cracking…omg that’s insane?

and vanilla bean flavoring trumping nut butters…me too! Chocolate trumps them all though!

Group hug to everyone at the top of your post…so cute :)

Have fun on your trip!!!!

eliza February 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Your blog is so fun! Have fun in Chicago. I <3 it there!

Jil February 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm

BTW your address is on the magazine.

Alison February 17, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Second City is amazing if you can get tickets to a comedy show

Famous for deep dish–anywhere you can get some of that

The old Marshall Field’s is really neat to look at.. if you go in the basement of the building there is a pedestrian walkway that will bring you all the way to Michigan Ave

Millennium Park–the bean!

Can travel south and check out Obama’s house in Hyde Park. It is crazy with security but you can see the outside of it

John Hancock building… you can go to the top(95th floor) for lunch/brunch/a drink/dinner for free(well a free elevator ride up there). The woman’s bathroom is a wall of windows; it is a great way to see the city. I also believe there is an ice skating rink up there on the 93rd floor now too!

Lincoln Park is a quaint, free zoo.

fittingbackin February 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

aw I loved learning more about you! I had braces too – blah. And I JUST subscribed to sevearl of those mags – can’t WAIT to get them in! I LOVE chicago – i typically just hang on Michigan Ave., shop around, eat at the Lux Cafe above the Ann Taylor and eat deep dish pizza at giordano’s!!

I hope you have a fun trip!

jackie February 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm

first off i love justins maple almond butter and mighty maple peanut butter but i don’t love the price… so i started making my own! super easy and cheap. fact- i just made almond butter with , almonds, coconut, sea salt and dark chocolate, it taste just like an almond joy and it is amazing! oh it is so good on baked oatmeal!

second- i have a weird number thing too, but not to your degree! when i am on a treadmill or elliptical or other machine i have to end on a even number or calories. i don’t know why?

i haven’t ever been to chicago but would love to. i bet the food network has some good ideas as to food you can’t miss.

ps. fitness is a good magazine too. i get my subscriptions through tanga and they are dirt cheap, like less than $5 a year! going to check out those workouts now too.

janetha February 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I need to try that!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) February 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm

ohh fun facts! love listening to them!

fact: I hate pine nuts…like hate, cannot stand the taste of them!
Fact: I must sleep with a fan on. I need the noise in the background!

check out my recipe in the 02 mag! its a good issue :) enjoy your trip and I cant wait to hear all about it!

Vanessa February 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

I crack my body parts too!! [Haha that sounds so bad]. Everytime I crack my neck or back everyone looks at me with “that look” like did you really just do that? Wooops. :-)

julie February 17, 2011 at 5:39 pm

you MUST go to hub51 and get hub punch (when you’re in chi-town) it’s so good and the food is amaze too! also go to berry chill (for fro-yo) but mainly because the spoons are awesome and change colors with cold temperatures hahaha

also if you see les mis my boss’s daughter is cosette! and second city is great for a quick spur of the moment improv show

OH and its super cold but if you’re up for it the architectural boat tour (sounds so corny) but it’s AMAZING!!!!! go first thing in the morning because it’s the cheapest haha

BroccoliHut February 17, 2011 at 7:09 pm

1. I crack everywhere too–my elbows are my favorite:)
2. I suggest you check out The Chicago Diner–a really cool vegetarian joint!

Carrie February 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Are you going to the coffee fest? Bruce is going to be there!

simplyshaka February 17, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Chicago is such a fun city–I’m jealous!

A majority of things I own are either red or green. Apparently I like to dress like Xmas year round.

Pure2raw twins February 17, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Have safe travels, Chicago is one of my favorite cities to visit. I just love the river running through the city :)

Yay for bodyrock, we love the intense short workouts.

I am the youngest in my family too

Jessica February 17, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I love bodyrock.tv!! I’ve been following it for over a year now. Zuzana and Freddy rock!

Annalee February 17, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Ha I graduated high school the day after my 18th birthday!
and 22 is my favorite number too! never ‘met’ a fellow 22’er!
haha connections galore, i’m so tickled..and out of curiousity, when is you birthday?

Annalee

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices February 18, 2011 at 8:25 am

So funny, but I hate wearing red too! I only own one red tank top & I think I’ve only worn it one time..and that was on Valentine’s day like 3 years ago- lol! I just don’t like it.
That’s cool that you graduated on your 18th birthday- made it even more special :)
Have SO MUCH FUN in Chicago!!

Kelly Be Well February 18, 2011 at 5:50 pm

SO thrilled to see you checking our bodyrock – i figured you’d love it!
I’m being a bit of a baby about it – I started with 1 of her workouts per week – this week was 2, and god help me I’m trying 3 next week…I’ve just hit a kind of mental burnout at the gym with weights, and this came along at the right time, I think.
Confession: I only do her workouts at home…I feel awkward and weird doing them at the gym. LOL

Holly February 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Oh Traders Joe!! And the Whole Food I visited in Lincoln Park is huge! Loved it! Definitely pick up some yumminess at Traders Joe! :)

elise February 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

why do you hate red? weirdo.

elise February 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm

oh and ps. that girls bod is rockin’ – im gonna have to check out this bodyrock b’nass