days seis & siete.

by Janetha on February 11, 2011

in meals

YO! glad you guys liked the sunrise. i liked it, too. we got up both wednesday and thursday morning to see the sunrise. i am bummed, because the sunrise on wednesday was WAY cooler, but my camera lens was having issues. it was ultra humid, and once my camera hit the warm, mexican morning air.. BAM—it fogged up in between the outer and inner part of the lens. it was the craziest thing! i was hoping it would not be as humid the next day, and it wasn’t.. so at least i got photos of that sunrise.

after watching the sunrise on thursday, aka day 6, we grabbed a yogurt bowl and some fruit..

mexico 076

and then we went back to bed. what? we were on vacation! we slept until about 11 AM and then decided to roll out of bed and see what the day had to offer.

to be honest, i was over taking photos of the same ol’, same ol’.. so you can go ahead and check out my other five recaps to get an idea of what day six entailed.

thursday night, we did get the WHOLE group together and go to dinner at a steak & seafood restaurant called the blue lobster.

mexico 176

i am not a huge fan of the joint, but my boss goes EVERY time he is in playa, so we had to go along with tradition. poor marshall hates seafood, so he was in a world of trouble when looking at the seafood-heavy menu.

mexico 177

and yes, that was the menu.. one big huge blue lobster shaped menu for everyone to look at!

started with warm, crusty bread (which i loved)–

mexico 181

there was a cilantro pesto spread to put on the bread. it was AMAZING and i hope to re-create it at home!

mexico 182

my stomach hurt SO bad that night, not sure why. i was literally doubled over in pain and almost in tears. i didn’t know what to do, but i thought a sprite might help. SO.. yes, i had my first soda since 2009! my new years resolution in 2010 was no soda, and i didn’t have a drop. since the new year, i have had a sip here and there of other people’s sodas (my mom’s coke and i tried some fanta and a sip of some pepsi, i think?)

anyway, i thought it was appropriate to document my first soda in over a year. cheese.

mexico 183

we started with guacamole, because that is what you do in mexico. when in rome!

mexico 184

i ordered the filet and lobster. it said it came with veggies and a baked potato.

mexico 187

um. it came with a slice of zucchini and a slice of tomato. lame. i ended up giving most of my lobster away and having a couple bites of steak, ate the meager serving of veggies and didn’t eat the potato (or the pool of butter—i like butter, but not like that.)

marshall ordered the only non-seafood thing on the menu, the chicken mexican platten.. which he hated and said the resort food was better. such a bummer.

so, that was a disappointing  $75 meal. sigh. ya win some, ya lose some.

i was feeling horrible, to top it all off, so we ended up going back to the resort shortly after dinner and i curled into bed. luckily i woke up cured. it was a miracle!

friday morning, we had our very last all inclusive resort breakfast and made sure all our luggage was packed. we had some time to kill so i got online in the lobby while waiting for the bus to take us to the airport.

once we got to the airport, we were pretty hungry, so we sold all of our belongings in order to have enough money to pay for a crappy, overpriced airport burrito.

mexico 191 mexico 192

and that, my friends, is the last photo i took during my mexican vacation. i was a little over the photo thing, so i didn’t photograph my starbucks oatmeal, banana or apple & peanut butter that i ate on the LONG journey home.

we got home friday night around midnight. the lovely momma b picked us up and we were home around midnight. boy, the pups were happy to see us! and we were happy to see them. it was a great trip, but it was good to be home.

i know this last post has been the most boring one of all—what can i say? at least they are over. i promise that my next post will involve meals, moves and everything in between :)

hope you all have a great weekend! i know i will, this first week back to work has been BRUTAL, but that is a story for another day.

1. what was the highlight of your week? i haven’t been reading blogs because i have been playing catch up. i’d love to hear what you’ve been up to.

2. any weekend plans? i am going to clean & relax.. i leave town again thursday, so i need to get things ready for that trip!

Jess February 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm

highlight of my week? my test being over. the week being over! haha.

MelissaNibbles February 11, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Bummer about the seafood restaurant. Poor Marshall and poor you being all sick! It looks like the vacation was pretty amazing overall though. I’m glad you had such a nice getaway.
My weekend plans include a date with EXTREME! yay!
Have a great weekend Janeetha!

Allison @ Food For Healing February 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm

glad you guys had a great time! crazy we never ran into eachother on 5th haha would have been cool.
being home is definitely nice, but i miss the warm weather and the sun.

Christin@purplebirdblog February 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I’ve pretty much been up to the same old shiz. Work, school, blogging. Dogs. Alex. Food. The usual.

Oh! My little Rambo hurt his back a week ago today slipping on a patch of ice on the porch, but he’s doing better this week, thank god. Still medicating him and keeping his activity restricted for another week, which is what we had to do last time this happened, just to be safe.

I made an accent vlog last week if you want to hear what I sound like. You know you do. ;)

Otherwise not looking forward to my HUGE business assignment I have to do over the weekend. Hella lame.

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate February 11, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Glad you had a great trip! Sorry about the bummer last night :(

Nicole C February 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Highlight of the week – The fact that it went by fast. The awesome cars in my garage when i get home, audi R8 last night. If only they were mine. Um, the superb vanilla cupcakes I made last night and all the laughs i had at work.

Weekend plans: More cupcakes. Cherry cheesecake, milk chocolate ganache, red velvet and chocolate champagne. Oh and my hair is going to be pretty again! Plus a smog checks. Buckets of fun.

I don’t know if you read my ‘inspirational blog’ but it’s a doozy. tear jerker, grab a tissue.

Cheri February 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Highlight of my week? More like a lowlight as we’ve watched the Idaho Legislature try to disassemble public education. Teacher bashing galore. The highlight was working with my fifth grade kiddos. They are so funny and fun. I love them to pieces!

My plans for this weekend include R & R, gradng papers and working on dance studio stuff for my beautiful ballerina, Bailee. Whoa baby! Next week (after pay day) I am all over movie weekend – can’t wait to see the new flick “I Am Number Four.” Alex Pettyfer is SOOOOOO easy on the eye! lol

Thanks so much for sharing your photos of the trip! Beautiful! I am quite jealous.

Brandi February 11, 2011 at 5:23 pm

highlight of my week so far? Having one of my recipes featured on Tasty Kitchen today! Exciting :)

Weekend plans = lots of cooking and baking. taking a hike on Sunday in the nice weather.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm

my week…crazy!

your time in mexico…much better!

i used to love lobster. But why is it a “requirement” that it must cost $75 and come with no vegetables. I swear, that’s the universal standard.

Sorry about the disappointing meal! But glad you woke up feeling better and cured!

Ashley February 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I get the same stomach pain, its awful! I always get it if I chew too much sugar free gum. Its the worst!

Errign February 11, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Highlight? Probably the 14 & 15 year olds at open mic rapping vanilla ice. :)

Weekend plans? Barista-ing at my ski area!

cbrady3 February 11, 2011 at 7:28 pm

I am in Florida visiting the BF…definitely warmer than St. Louis but nothing like your fantastic trip!

mmmstories February 11, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Enjoy relaxing! Why is that you always feel like you need a vacation after you just had one?!
I’m trying to think of “must sees” for when you guys are in Chicago! I’m sure it’ll be a blast!

Heather February 11, 2011 at 9:43 pm

the fact that it’s friday is the highlight of my week…and the fact that i actually am starting to feel healthy again! praise the Lord!

edenseats February 11, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I dont know why, but I love it when you mention momma b in your posts. Can she pick ME up from the airport??

highlights? I have jury duty next week (ugh….) so I’m trying to work as much as I can this week incase I get called in. Its been gorgeous whether in LA so Deb (smoothie girl) and I are gonna go workout outside together tomorrow. I told her my glutes might cry.

1970kikiproject February 12, 2011 at 4:13 am

yup, you can’t judge a meal by its price tag, eh?…a $75 ick dinner at a nice restaurant…and then some $5 hole-in-the-wall find can knock your socks off!
have a great weekend! i am babysitting my two nieces today – always a happy time!

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) February 12, 2011 at 6:57 am

Looks like such a fun trip!

This week I went vegan for a week! I did a mini-recap today: http://cookbakenibble.com/2011/02/12/weekly-nibbles-vegan-edition/

and on Saturday the hus and I are celebrating valentines day early!!

xo

withasideofhope February 12, 2011 at 7:20 am

It looks like you had a great trip! :)

I don’t really have any weekend plans. I am at work right now and that is extent of my weekend. Haha

Ashley @ 365 things February 12, 2011 at 7:49 am

Great photographs! At least you didn’t lose or break your camera this time! *wink*

We don’t have much plans except for trying to get out of the house this weekend. I think we’re gonna go play pool. I’m not good at it, but I still like to play anyway… lol tomorrow I think we’re gonna play basketball or tennis since it’ll be almost up to 70 degrees!

momma b February 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

Haha gotta say this was a bit if a yawner but I read and loved every word…..especially your burrito @ the airport :)

I got flowers and a pedicure, great week.

I get to show homes to two different awesome couples today because you know me I sell real estate!!

Sending love xoxo!

fittingbackin February 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm

That guac looks SO good! Not much is up with me – i’m back in my hometown in Alabama visiting with some of my best friends and meeting one of their babies!

actorsdiet February 12, 2011 at 1:05 pm

my highlights – seeing seth rogen twice (and finally talking to him)

Natalia - a side of simple February 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

This is the third time I’ve seen cilantro pesto this week. I think it’s a sign that I need to try it asap!

The highlight of my week was the fact that it didn’t snow at all :)

coffeeandthepaper February 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Loved your trip recap. Burritos and sunshine galore sounds like heaven.

My highlights this week were going to a concert and getting good mail!

kissmybroccoli February 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm

When I first looked at your plate, it took me a while to spot the veggies! Can’t believe that was it!! I hate going to restaurants and being unsatisfied with my meal!

I made some cilantro pesto last week for the first time. I am in lurve!

Highlight of my week was getting to go to a hockey game on Monday where I was only 4 rows back from the ice! It was awesome…even though my team lost miserably!

Jessica February 12, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Highlight of the week: Received a great book written by Brene Brown and watched some great inspirational videos.
My weekend so far has been relaxing and uneventful. I will be getting my hair done, which I am super excited about:)

It was great to see all the pics about your vacation.

Runeatrepeat February 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

The animal from day cinco was a Coati! I saw them in Costa Rica <3

Di February 14, 2011 at 5:52 am

I love the recaps! They were great.

Sorry about your bad dinner, though. I hate when you spend a lot of money for something sub-par. :(