a few things.

by Janetha on February 9, 2011

in meals

because i had my recap auto-posted yesterday, i didn’t get to chime in on any real-time happenings.  yes, i had it auto-posted, and yes, having those recap posts is helping me immensely in terms of catching up on real life. i am not quite back to normal (nor am i back to reading everyone’s blogs) but i am slowly working my way through the heaps of work that piled up while i was gone (the downside of a vacation.)

ANYWAY, yesterday was a very special day and i couldn’t let much time pass before making two announcements.

february 8th=my parents’ 37th wedding anniversary.

best parents ever. yes, i am biased.  for those of you who are interested, momma b started up a photo blog awhile back. it’s called “as i see it” <—click to go there.

february 8th=my oldest niece, kaylee, turned 10!

kaylee is the sweetie in the middle. (for the record, they are all sweeties.) i can’t believe she is 10! kaylee and her fam (my sister is her momma) live in san diego. i can’t wait to visit them!

a couple more things i wanted to mention..

my friend nicole finally started a blog! i have been telling her she needs to for awhile now. she lives in vegas and makes incredible cupcakes (it is probably god i don’t live there or i’d be in a cupcake coma)—check out dancing in glitter!

also, turns out my friend candice has had a blog for ever and i never knew about it. she lives here in utah and we met through my blog. you all need to check out the body of a mother. p.s.—she recently had twins and now has a 6 pack. amazing.

finally, just wanted to let you know that today is national bagels & lox day as well as national pizza pie day! make sure you celebrate accordingly!

be back later with more mexico riffraff.

1. have you ever had a bagel & lox? i have not. i need to get on that.

2. favorite pizza toppings? if we are talking classic pizza with marinara, i like it with green bell peppers, mushrooms, olives and onions. if we are gonna get fancy, i like it with pesto, chicken, goat cheese and artichokes.

3. any new and awesome blogs you are loving that you’d like to share with the class?

Ashley L February 9, 2011 at 10:42 am

Does your friend own Glitter City Sweets in Vegas?

If so, then I have totally bought stuff from her through Etsy!

Nicole C February 9, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Negative, I have a tiny little side business called Curioso Cupcakes! Small for now, deliciousness in the form of a shop to come!

Marisa @ Loser for Life February 9, 2011 at 10:44 am

So cool that your mom has a blog now, too!

I LOOOOVE bagels and lox!

lindsay February 9, 2011 at 10:55 am

happy anniversary to mamma and papa B!! You two made a great lady, aka JG! hehe.
Hope your getting settled back in. I love bagel and lox by the way.
;)

Jessica @ How Sweet February 9, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love bagels and lox!

Kelly February 9, 2011 at 10:57 am

Oh my gosh…you’ve never had bagel and lox!?! Wow. I guess since I grew up Jewish I just forget that that isn’t a staple in everyone’ household! haha! Try it…it will be love at first bite.

Evan Thomas February 9, 2011 at 11:06 am

Happy belated anniversary! 37 years is way impressive

Rose February 9, 2011 at 11:13 am

I love all things salty, but I do not like lox. I don’t know why.

Ashley @ 365 things February 9, 2011 at 11:19 am

I hope to have a 37th anniversary one day with my husb. :)

Never had bagel/lox, but I’d love to try it!

Fave toppings are japenos, tomatoes and mushrooms!

a taste of health with balance February 9, 2011 at 11:32 am

37 years! awesome! i just checked out her blog–pretty awesome and very inspirational!

Momma B February 9, 2011 at 11:38 am

Thanks Neef, what a great day to celebrate our anniversary and the birth of our first grand daughter!!

I’d say we made 4 pretty awesome kids – love you!!! xoxo

MelissaNibbles February 9, 2011 at 11:39 am

Happy anniversary to your parents and happy birthday to your niece!

I love bagels with lox. My fave pizza is cheese light on the sauce extra on the cheese.

melissadishes February 9, 2011 at 11:56 am

I’ve never had lox.

My favorite pizza topping is mushrooms. double mushrooms if we order something with them together because I take Dan’s since he hates them! ;-)

Nicole C February 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm

AHHH you are so awesome!! Thanks for sharing my blog with your enormous amount of loyal blog followers! Maybe I will be 1/2 as cool as you one day.

ps – cupcakes await for when you visit :)

eliza February 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm

congrats to your parents! they both look so young and full of life. love it

bagel and lox= delicious, get on that girl!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 9, 2011 at 12:22 pm

You definitely need time to get caught back up after a trip! We all still love you. And I always have to preschedule my posts because my writing times are 6 am and 2 pm. Not the optimal times to publish.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) February 9, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I married to a Jew, so yes, bagels and lox are a staple.

Do i hear a San Diego visit in store? Happy Bday to Miss K!

Happy Anniv to your parents!!!

And i am always happy when other moms have 6 packs. Thank you for that link! :)

lowandbhold February 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Happy anniversary to your parents!

I think I’m going to have a simple pesto pizza pie tonight to celebrate.

TheSceneFromMe February 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Cheers to your parents anniversary!
I have never had lox. Bagels yes, lox no.
My fave pizza toppings are red onions, spinach and feta cheese on a very crispy thin crust!
Just looked at all your trip photos too. The white sand and blue water looks so inviting!

OliePants February 9, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Happy anniversary to your parents! I absolutely love love bagel and lox! I could eat it almost every day for breakfast!

My favorite pizza topper is pepperoni – hands down!

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices February 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm

HAPPIEST ANNIVERSARY to your parents!! That is so awesome!
& your niece could seriously be your daughter! She looks just like you- adorable :D

movesnmunchies February 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm

happy anniversary!! my fav pizza topping is black olives!

Eates-a-lot February 9, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Awe! How cute! Happy Anniversary.
For my parents 37th… my dad got my mom a real engagement ring.. instead of the 300 dollar one he got out of a magazine. I thought it was cute. (Kept the original diamond, just added LOTS more!)

As far as pizza.. my bf makes a breakfast pizza, with bread, scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon.
we also do a ranch, cheese, onion and steak.. those are my 2 favorite pizza’s right now.

Katie February 9, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Happy Anny to your beautiful parents!!!!! Happy Birthday to your beautiful niece!!!!!

Lots of love!!!!!! xoxo

cbrady3 February 9, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I’ve never had a true bagel & lox, but my favorite pizza topping would have to be mushrooms!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) February 9, 2011 at 3:09 pm

bagels and lox have a national day!!? you KNOW thats a jewish food that I grew up eating every weekend. I mean EVERY weekenend. so cool!

aww happy anniversery to your parents! my parents have their 30th this summer! I wish your parents all of the happiness and love and heres to another 37 years :)

mmmstories February 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Happy Anniversary to the B Parents! That’s really wonderful, it would be cool to hear “their story” sometime!

I’m a bad Jew in that I don’t really dig bagels & lox. I do love bagels and just about anything else (tuna salad, egg salad, pb&j, cream cheese)!

Um..my blog is new? So maybe I’m a little biased there :)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) February 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Happy Anneversary to your Mom &Dad !

I’ve never tried lox and bagels… I know a lot of people like it for breakfast, but some how my bfast’s always end up having eggs in ’em.

This blog isn’t new by any means, but def new to me… http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/ I swa her ‘hummus soup’ on Kath and Angela’s blog and finally clicked over after seeing Kath make the soup. Thanks goodness I did! So many yummy & healthy things to make and get inspiration from. I’ve really been enjoying perusing around her site.

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) February 9, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I forgot to add that my fav kind of pizza is pesto chicken… I made one a little while back and blogged about it and now think I need to remake it with goat cheese and artichokes ! YUM

inmytummy February 9, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Yup to bagels and lox. It’s a big Jewish thing. I actually don’t like the lox at all. But the bagels are good.

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather February 9, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Awww congrats to your parents!

purplebirdblog February 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Happy anniversary to your folks!! I love bagels and lox… and now that I’ve been hearing such awesomeness about the Udi’s GF bagels, I need to get some and celebrate for sure! Lox = looooove <3

Candice February 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm

You seriously are the best!! Thank you so much for adding my link in your post!
happy anniversary to your parents.. and engagement anniversary to you on the 7th!
I have never tried bagels and lox..
favorite topping- fresh tomatoes and artichoke hearts!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 9, 2011 at 10:10 pm

OMG if you want to wait, I’ll take you to the best deli in the desert for Lox & Bagel. (saying Bagel & Lox is like saying Fries & Hamburger, capiche?)

I just got into a Mom blog vortex- love it! So fun! I didn’t know she had that!!!

New blogs? OMG sister, I can’t even keep up with my BFFs blogs! It’s killing me! Love you!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 9, 2011 at 10:14 pm

PS I stand corrected: Bagel & Lox is correct (although we never, ever heard it that way where I grew up in a pretty jewish neighborhood!) Hmm??!

And although I wished Momma B & Daddy B a happy 37 on her blog, I’ll say it again because they are double cool! <3

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) February 10, 2011 at 6:18 am

37 years is amazing, and so is 10! Happy Anniversary to your parents and birthday to your niece :)

I LOVE a bagel & lox. So delicious.

As for pizza, I think classic pizza margherita (tomato, mozz, basil) is my alltime fave.

There are SO many blogs I have found recently I love! Honest Fare is a really good one, as is My New Roots :)

xo

elise February 11, 2011 at 9:42 am

congrats to your parents!