guest post—> julie f.

by Janetha on January 30, 2011

in meals

Rock It Out!

Hello there Meals and Movers! My name is Julie and I am the author behind the blog Peanut Butter Fingers which follows my life as I work full-time, workout, eat healthy foods (and treats!) and navigate life as a newlywed.

I’m so excited to be guest posting today, as I think the world of Janetha and jumped at the opportunity to guest post when she presented it to me.

So, let’s get goin’!

I tossed around a bunch of ideas for this post and settled on a playlist post! As someone who works out regularly, I am always looking for new music to motivate me and carry me through intervals on the treadmill or strength training workouts.

The playlist below is one of my all-time favorites, as it has lots of upbeat music, fun songs and some motivational songs thrown in as well to keep me going.

I hope you enjoy it!

· Whitney Houston – It’s Not Right But It’s Okay (Remix)

· Basshunter – Now You’re Gone

· Jock Jams – Jock Jams MegaMix

· Katy Perry – Firework

· Christina Aguilera (Burlesque Soundtrack) –Show Me How You Burlesque

· Heather Small – Proud

· Alanis Morissette – All I Really Want

· La Roux – Bulletproof

· LaBouche – Be My Lover

· The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)

· Carrie Underwood – Undo It

· TLC – Scrubs

· Manian – Ravers in the UK

· Christina Aguilera (Burlesque Soundtrack) – Beautiful People

· Lady Gaga – Bad Romance

Q~

what are some of your favorite workout songs?

maria @ Chasing the Now January 30, 2011 at 5:45 am

I’m currently loving Eminem on my playlists. He makes me want to push myself harder!

Anna @ Acquainted With The Night January 31, 2011 at 8:26 am

I listen to Eminem too! :)
He just has good beat and sound to run and exercise to!

Healthy Coconut January 31, 2011 at 11:03 am

Eminem’s songs are my power songs, I play it on my Ipod during runs when I’m struggling and it works everytime. I get this energy and an invisible push from his songs. Currently, Not Afraid, is on repeat on my Ipod.

Jem January 30, 2011 at 5:55 am

A good playlist is what makes a workout!

At the moment I’m loving:

Far East Movement- Like a G6 and Fly

Pass out- Tinie Tempah ft Chiddy Bang (remix)

Martin Solveig- Hello

All the Above- Maino ft T-Pain

I’m in love (vocal version) -Alex Gaudino

(Funny thing is this post just popped up as I was making a new playlist for tomorrow morning :)

Jessy (squeezetheday) January 30, 2011 at 6:36 am

I LOVE Hello! I checked out the other songs you mentioned (that I don’t have yet) and they’re great! ;)

movesnmunchies January 30, 2011 at 5:56 am

i LOVE this! ahah i am loving tinie tempah!

Katie January 30, 2011 at 6:11 am

Love the playlist and I double love it because of Lady Gaga on it! I have been loving Prodigy on my playlist, just hardcore music and gets me fired up!

Love the last pic, thats how I feel after a great workout, lol!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 30, 2011 at 6:48 am

Oh I love Undo It too! Such a good workout song. I’m pretty sure every playlist of mine ever includes Buck in Here by DJ Felli Fell. Such an old song, but I love it.

Kathie @ Frugal Fit and Fabulous January 30, 2011 at 7:44 am

Love playlists!!! thanks for sharing your’s. :)

inmytummy January 30, 2011 at 7:55 am

Right now, I’m obsessed with The Cave by Mumford and Sons.

Katy (The Singing Runner) January 30, 2011 at 8:15 am

Haha, I downloaded “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” last night before I saw this post. ;) Love it! :D

Maren January 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

I’m definitely going to download some of these, thanks!! Bulletproof is definitely one of my favorites when I need to get pumped up! Some others are Black Eyed Peas – Time of my life, TI – I’m Back, and Black Eyed Peas – Rock That Body

Erika January 30, 2011 at 9:00 am

Great post Julie! My current favorite workout tunes are “Lose Yourself” by Eminem and “Club Can’t Handle Me” by Flo Rida.

Momma B January 30, 2011 at 9:11 am

Hey Julie you’re a doll! Thanks for the post….I’m so old school I didn’t even recognize some of those artists!! 500 miles though is an all time favorite!

I listen to the old old old rock and roll along with some Johnny Cash haha!

xo

julie @ peanut butter fingers January 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm

i have about 5 johnny cash songs on my ipod! :) love him!

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 30, 2011 at 9:49 am

A good playlist is sometimes my number one motivation to get a great workout in! So of course, I always love new songs to check out!! :)

Faith @ lovelyascharged January 30, 2011 at 9:49 am

Undo It is one of my absolute faves – and coming from a girl who doesnt like country, thats saying a lot!

rachel January 30, 2011 at 9:50 am

Great playlist! I also have to have top choons whilst working out. My favourite one at the moment that keeps me running is David Guetta ft. Rihanna – Who’s that chick. Awesome!

runyogarepeat January 30, 2011 at 11:26 am

Britney Spears music (old & new) and lately Little Lion Man have been on my running playlists!

Kristie January 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

I love finding new music to workout to, the music is definitely what gets me through. This one sounds awesome! I love anything fun, fast and upbeat. Especially remix tunes! I find some good stuff on Hype Machine! (hypem.com)

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down) January 30, 2011 at 12:03 pm

This post reminded me of the fact that I need to buy a charger to replace my broken one for the ipod. :D

Salah January 30, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I love this guest post!!! One of my current workout songs that I’m loving is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO….the beat is great for running and/or lifting :-)

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness January 31, 2011 at 10:26 pm

LMFAO is great for working out! Their rhythms are driving and there are so many layers of lyrics to listen to. I played ‘Shots’ on my iPod while training last fall because it’s fast-paced, but also goofy and fun to follow along with!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 30, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I dont even want to write what some of mine are. They are pretty ummm, hard core? Some would call that raunchy? lol I’ll say something like Usher OMG is a good one. That’s as “clean” as they get. I dont know why i get so energized from certain music, but i do…lol.

simplyshaka January 30, 2011 at 8:52 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHH! Completely forgot about that Whitney Houston song, that used to be my jam….along with the “My love is your love” remix. Thanks for posting that!

Nicole C January 30, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I’m more of an avenged sevenfold, atreyu, rob zombie, unwritten law, and my chemical romance sort or girl. Anything with drums and loudness!

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com January 31, 2011 at 1:13 pm

LOVE THIS!!! Julie is absolutely AMAZING!!!! AWESOME PLAYLIST, I love firework:) My favorite workout song right now is Black and Yellow!!

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness January 31, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Great post and playlist!
My favorite workout music is all across the board… I love top 40 music like Taio Cruz and Lady Gaga, and at the same time I am motivated by indie rock like Neko Case and Wilco. My favorites lately are a couple songs that appear on the BodyPump class tracks: Cowboy Cassanova by Carrie Underwood, and Gimme More by Usher.