ten & ten.

by Janetha on January 23, 2011

in meals,moves

hello! i have had a busy, fun filled weekend and am just now sitting down for some blog time. in order to stream line things, i think it’s time for a top ten things from the weekend.

one.

staying out past midnight on friday night. these days, that never happens! i met some friends at a dive bar for karaoke

two.

the re-discovery of my love for english muffins with cream cheese and homemade raspberry jam! i learned this from one of my ex-boyfriends. the only thing i got out of the relationship was the knowledge of how delicious the combo is and seasons 1 and 2 of OZ on DVD. needless to say, i am glad that relationship didn’t pan out.

i paired it with 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg for yesterday’s breakfast and have been obsessed with the flavor combination since. in fact, i am munching on a toasted double fiber english muffin slathered in philly cream cheese and momma b’s raspberry jam this very SECOND. obsessed.

three.

i went snowboarding at the canyons yesterday with my friend j5. we had no idea that it was going to be a blizzard! no complaints, though. we happily rode all day in lots of fresh powder while it dumped snow all day.

imageIMG_6707

gotta love random blizzards!

four.

impromptu double date dinner parties! my friends jessica and simon just moved into a new place and i wanted to check it out. they were gracious enough to make marshall & i some deeelicious chicken + broccoli + squash pasta for dinner.

this was so good! i have no idea how simon made it, but i think i need to convince him to make me dinner more often.

five.

marshall making fun of people everywhere. he always calls out people who hold up their alcoholic beverages in photos. ever since he pointed it out to me, i have noticed it more and more. and we aren’t talking about people randomly holding their drinks in photos—that is bound to happen. we are talking about the people who aim to make their drink the focal point of the photo. start watching for it.. you will laugh. i promise.

six.

making homemade ice cream for my VERY FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!

after dinner, we busted out the ice cream maker that marshall gave me for christmas. it was still it the box so it was super simple to transport to jessica’s house. i used the recipe for vanilla oreo ice cream from the ben & jerry’s book that teri sent me.

aside from basically tripling the amount of vanilla it called for, we followed the recipe to a T.

yay, teamwork!

IMG_6728IMG_6738IMG_6756IMG_6750

yay, newman Os!

IMG_6746IMG_6752

yay, homemade ice cream!

IMG_6772IMG_6773

okay, the photos do NOT do this stuff justice. we were all astonished at how flipping amazing the ice cream tasted. and more astonished that we made it ourselves. so impressed. let’s not talk about how we devoured a half gallon of ice cream between four people.. k?

seven.

marshall coming home with these two new friends:

lemon and black cherry chobani! AH. i have been on the lookout for the new flavors since the new year. BEYOND EXCITED. FYI—he got them at the target in centerville.

eight.

my workout today:

treadmills

minute # speed
1 60
2 6.5
3 7.0
4 7.5
5 8.0
6-20 repeat above cycle 3 times

2.4 miles / 20 minutes.

finished up with 10 minutes of intervals on the stairmill.. because i love that thing.

nine.

bargains!

IMG_6788IMG_6790

i went to target to get groceries for the week and snagged three super cute sweaters for work.. all on clearance! the stripey on and the blue one were $4.50 a piece and the gray cowl neck one was $12. cha ching!

ten.

the packers making it into the superbowl! can i get a wooflippinghoo???

clearly, we are all excited in our house. it is also clear who is in control of the leather couch.. muddy paw prints galore. i am such a pushover.

there you have it.. my top ten from the weekend.

wondering what the other ten in my title is referring to? well, according to my new challenge, the second topic to discuss is “where you would like to be in ten years.”

hum. that’s a toughie. you know, i have NEVER been one of those life plan type of people. when i graduated high school, if you asked me where i wanted to be in ten years, i would have given you a blank, clueless stare.. because i had zero direction. zero aspirations. zero goals. i just played it by ear. ten years later, i am happily married. i own my own house. i have two dogs who i love more than life. i have a solid career in an industry that i didn’t even know existed until i randomly fell upon the position. and guess what? NONE of it was expected. i think playing it by ear worked out pretty well for me.

so, now that i have to think of where i would like to be in ten more years, i kind of have that same blank, clueless stare going on. i think not having a set plan works in my favor, because whatever happens happens and i don’t have specific expectations. BUT.. for the sake of answering the question, i do have a few things in mind that i can list.

in ten years…

• i will be 37 (yikes!)
  • i would like to have two kids.
  • i would like to have professional training in both fitness and nutrition and acquire certifications in both fields.
  • i want marshall to go to school, graduate and be doing something he loves and is passionate about.
  • i want to still live in/around salt lake city.. i don’t think i would be OK moving far away from my mom! ha.
  • i want to have traveled to greece, somewhere in asia and figure out how to get into canada.. and go there.

that’s it. i am not setting the bar too high. i will roll with the punches and live life as it comes.. but those are just a few things i see in my future.

that was fun!

i am excited that so many of you want to take on the challenge as well. some of you asked if i would care.. my answer is no way! go for it. the more the merrier, please tackle the challenge yourself.

oh, and apparently the challenge is a 30 day challenge where you tackle a topic a day.. but in case you didn’t notice, i don’t post EVERY day. so, instead, i am tackling a topic every time i post. this works better with my schedule.

okkkkay, i am out of here. off to enjoy the evening with my happy husband—yay, packers!

1. have you ever made homemade ice cream? what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

2. what is one thing you want to accomplish in the next ten years?

runeatrepeat January 23, 2011 at 10:42 pm

F.
You found the cherry chobani?!?!? If I don’t blog tomorrow it’s because I’ve died of jealousy. It’s your fault so I expect you to write my obit…

janetha January 23, 2011 at 11:20 pm

i wish i could mail you some. i so would. i just read five posts from you. now i want CF’s brown bread. it’s so good.

E January 23, 2011 at 11:23 pm

In 10 years, you might actually have gone to Canada. As soon as it’s been 10 years since your conviction, you can be deemed rehabilitated and enter Canada! Yay!

edenseats January 23, 2011 at 11:48 pm

first off…thinking about where I’ll be in ten years is totally wigging me out! I might pass on that question!

As someone who make ice cream in my make almost daily (yikes, i know!) I love combining greek yogurt, milk, honey ,cocoa powder, and a little of steeped vanilla tea (that I chill after I brew it). I swear its awesome!

Lauren January 24, 2011 at 4:50 am

I was thinking of Marshall yesterday! Congrats, I bet he is so stoked for the Packers. I HATE the Steelers so I guess I’m with him on this Superbowl.

PS- I am LOVING cream cheese and jam too!!!

1970kikiproject January 24, 2011 at 4:53 am

yea, packers!
loved this post, janetha – so random, yet so fun to read! what a great weekend!
eesh, ten years from now…i hope to be still running competitively (distance tbd), and still living where we live now. the body will be 10 years older, but i will 10 years wiser, so opportunities could abound!

marissa January 24, 2011 at 5:21 am

Within the next 10 years I also want to go to Canada, however I want to immigrate there and live in Vancouver, my dream city!

Heather January 24, 2011 at 5:35 am

We made homemade strawberry ice cream in the summer all the time – it’s our favorite!
In 10 years I want to have a new house with a huge garden in the back. :)

Erica January 24, 2011 at 5:41 am

There was so much excitement in this post- I was afraid I was going to forget to comment on something! What a fun weekend! Super jealous of your homemade ice cream! What an awesome first flavor. The chicken + broccoli + squash pasta looks amazing. And I can’t WAIT to try the new chobani flavors. You must review. Sounds like a good 10 year plan to me! You would be an awesome trainer or group fitness instructor.

1. have you ever made homemade ice cream? No! But I’d love to!! what is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Either vanilla or mint chocolate chip

2. what is one thing you want to accomplish in the next ten years? Have a healthy baby and be a patient and loving Mom!

movesnmunchies January 24, 2011 at 5:42 am

ahh great photos!!! i have never made my own ice cream! im jealous… !! i prefer fro-yo though– a fro-yo maker would ROCK right now!

janetha January 24, 2011 at 5:51 am

Oh it does that, too!

Heather January 24, 2011 at 6:00 am

it’s all about the homemade vanilla ice cream…it just doesn’t get better than that! and 10 years? i’ll be 37 too (oy) with however many kids i have and i would love to have gone to Europe as well…Greece sounds pretty stinking awesome, but i’d love to visit Italy first :)

withasideofhope January 24, 2011 at 6:09 am

That ice cream looks so good! It looks like you had a fun weekend! You got some great deals too which is always a bonus! Let’s see in 10 years, I would like to be have at least two kids, live in a single home and have my own wedding planning business. :)

Di January 24, 2011 at 6:18 am

That ice cream looks amazing!

In 10 years (I’ll be 38…eek!) I’d like to be married…with one kid (I refuse to plan for more than 1 til I see how the first one goes, hehe). Live in a house in the ‘burbs. I don’t think that’s asking for too much! ;)

Ashley @ 365 things January 24, 2011 at 6:43 am

Wow, for an ice cream girl, I can’t believe you are JUST NOW making homemade ice cream for the first time!! Glad it came out good for you. ;) I love vanilla with peanut butter swirled in it. Love.

10 years from now? Pfff…let me figure out the next couple then I’ll follow you up on that.

janetha January 24, 2011 at 6:47 am

I know, right? I needed this ice cream maker year ago!

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) January 24, 2011 at 7:04 am

Looks like such a fun weekend!

I have made my “own” ice cream… once. I say “own” because it was in school, using their machine, but it was me and my classmate making it for the whole class so we got to take home leftovers. SO good. You will appreciate this: it was fresh vanilla bean with fresh vanilla bean pods! Amazing!!

In the next 10 years I would love to be successful in my personal chef/catering business :)

xo

real-nutrition-nyc January 24, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Hehe, same here! I made my “own” at nutrition school in one of my cooking classes. In the next 10 years, I hope to hire your company (Kristen) for personal chef-ing or catering ;)

Kathie @ Frugal, Fit and Fabulous January 24, 2011 at 7:36 am

Ok, i totally want to make my own ice cream now!! LOL!!

LOVE Target clothing..and sweaters on clearance now?! MUST.GET.TO.TARGET!

I didnt know Target carried Chobani either! I cant seem to find it anywhere around here and i’ve been going through withdrawls!!! =( I must, must, must get a hold of that lemon one!! *Drool*

Looks like the top ten was an AMAZING weekend for sure!!! I’m glad it was so great for you! <3

MelissaNibbles January 24, 2011 at 8:23 am

I’ve never made homemade ice cream.
In the next ten years I hope to have had gone out on a second date. I’m sick of first dates!

Yay for the Packers!
Marshall is right about the wine pics.

Bean Blog! January 24, 2011 at 8:40 am

I think Janetha, you could be my long lost cousin from Utah and we could transport you in to Canada, unfortunately with your blonde hair and my freckles and br own hair, they would probably guess we were lying. But we could also offer someone for marriage to one of my friends? hahaha all jokes aside those are awesome goals, and your not too far away from reaching them if you come to canada too, 3 weeks here and you can be canfitpro certified! Actually, there is one certification called S.M.A.R.T. training by dave palumbo (davepalumbo.com) and im not sure the credidentials you rec’v from it but its in the states… any ways at least that way you are legally able to offer nutrition/workout advice!

Interestingly enough our family is packers fans, but im a wee bit of a steelers fan as well myself. But the cheese heads are starting to create quite the ruckus at my dads house. What an animal. He’s got his Neopolitan, Munson sporting a cheese head. Now thats a cheese you dont want to mess with! And ultimately, i think im going to have to go with the pack for SB. Green and yellow for life! hahaha

Kudos on the ice cream making, looks awesome!

Hope your

janetha January 24, 2011 at 9:52 am

bean blog! i love that. we call our dog bean so it made me think of her.. haha. i wish you could smuggle me into canada! i need to work on the technicalities of getting into the country because i REALLY want to snowboard there.

thank you for rooting for the packers.. i need all the good vibes i can get! i think the world will end if they lose.

Bean Blog! January 24, 2011 at 8:42 am

… hope your week goes well and enjoy the rest of this long monday…
as i forget to continue my writing and hit post.

Laura (LunaChickRuns) January 24, 2011 at 9:26 am

I just recently found your blog and I am lovin’ it! You have just convinced me that I must get an ice cream maker. Like today.

I am even more excited for my planned trip to Target tonight now, I hope they have some deals in my neck of the woods!

janetha January 24, 2011 at 9:51 am

thanks, laura! hope you snag some good deals.

Cyndie January 24, 2011 at 9:34 am

hahaha…My boyfriend just called out the drink-holding thing in pictures, too. Whyyy do people do that.

Caree @ Fit-Mama January 24, 2011 at 10:00 am

oh my goodness, I must try those new flavors for Chobani! yum, lemon!

hmm, in the next ten years?? I dunno?! I haven’t thought past tomorrow! ;/

and I have never made homemade ice cream but that looks delish! looove ice cream!

lowandbhold January 24, 2011 at 10:50 am

Love this post! When I graduated college I realized that more than 50% of the pictures of me involved random alcoholic beverages in my hand. Ever since then I’ve done a better job at hiding them. Too funny! And the ice cream looks GOOD. I want some. Oh, and cream chees + jam on an English muffin is truly amazing. That is a lot more than I got out of my last relationship. Sad.

You and Marshall will have the cutest little nuggets! I can’t wait!

In ten years… I hope to be happy and established in my new East Coast lifestyle. Maybe with a man… more importantly with at least one pet. I need animals in my life :)

natalie (the sweets life) January 24, 2011 at 11:24 am

YESSS PACKERS! You can tell Marshall at least one of your readers is on board with his football obsession! :)

Jen January 24, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Loving that ice cream!!!! Looks perfect!
I know what you mean about the drink pictures, there are certain people on Facebook and without fail every monday morning there are pictures from the weekend and almost every one is featuring a drink of some sort, the drink is always the main point. Classy.

Salah January 24, 2011 at 1:41 pm

YAY PACKERS!!!! My boyfriend is a huge packers fan :-)

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com January 24, 2011 at 2:02 pm

LOVE homemade ice cream…real vanilla bean is my FAVORITE!! That pasta dish looks amazing. In ten years we will be living in Cali and maybe have 2 kids…scary! LOVE your new clothes! Have a great Monday!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 24, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I’m so sad that I’m not going skiing at all this year! We were in Salt Lake just over a year ago…

In ten years I’d like to be married, pursuing a career in some sort of nutrition/cooking field. And in fifteen I’d like to have two or three kids :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) January 24, 2011 at 2:38 pm

oh yoyu want to persue fitness/nutrition industry cert’s?!?! that is so awesome!!! let me know if you ever have Q’s on the fitness side of things!!!

hahaha that picture of randy in the cheese hat is too funny!

and that pic of marshall with the wine is also hilarious!–great post today as always, Janetha
and now I love yuo more because of the creamcheese and Jam combo! I think I had that everyday for about 10 years from ages 5-15 in my lunch box!!

in 10 years (yikes!) I would like to be married with two kids!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather January 24, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Homemade ice cream is seriously the best! Os are a must have addition to ice cream.

What bargains! I need to shop… like right now.

Shannon January 24, 2011 at 4:25 pm

love making my own ice cream :) i’ve been obsessed with pretty much anything coconut-milk based :) love the picture of with the cheesehead pooch! have never seen that chobani… can’t wait to hear what you think!

ps- your crab stuffed mushrooms were awesome!

Paige is Running Around Normal January 24, 2011 at 6:52 pm

What an awesome weekend!! And LOL at Marshall’s wine pic. I’ve totally done that before – I think I’m doing a “Cheers” to the camera or something hahaha
That ice cream looks deeeelicious, girl!
Ten years…oy, how intimidating! I’d like to have everyone who I love now still around then for me to love them!

Wendy January 24, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I am so excited that there is a lemon chobani! Thank you for sharing that.

Susan January 25, 2011 at 8:31 am

1. I’m going to a dive bar for karaoke this Thursday. I don’t do the singing, but it’s awesome for giggles.
2. I had an ex-boyfriend teach me about the jam&cream cheese combo too!! It blew my mind. He also liked butter & cream cheese.
3. I thought of the excitement in your house when the packers won.
4. I am glad I’m not the only one who hates living far away from her mom. I cried after my last Skype date with her because I miss my parents so dang much. True story.
5. Favourite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough – but it HAS to be in a waffle cone. Preferably one dipped in chocolate and nuts.
6. I want to get a dog and a house. And work a job where I’m my own boss. Oh, and hopefully not be divorced! :P

seo February 13, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how
could i subscribe for a weblog site? The account aided me a applicable deal.
I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided
brilliant transparent idea