steezy.

by Janetha on January 17, 2011

in meals

another monday down! and only one more to go before my vacation.. but who’s counting? yes, i had to work today. the business i am in does not shut down due to MLK day. sad for me, happy for people who work at banks or schools.

meals

breakfast started with the usual sales meeting meal at the original pancake house. are you reading, marisa?

2 egg whites scrambled + onions + spinach + salsa

oatmeal + cinnamon + syrup

and lots of coffee.

lunch was at my desk. as usual. my lunch life is so boring.

turkey + cheddar sandwich on wheat & steamfresh veggies.

this sandwich also had mayo, lettuce and salt & pepper.

i was in serious need of veggies after not eating a single one yesterday!

snack time came around 3:30, shortly before my workout.

2 wasa crackers + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + black pepper

i forgot how much i love this snack! it was one of my staples when i was doing BFL.

moves

i know i should have gone to the gym and lifted weights, but i picked up another jackie warner DVD over the weekend and was dying to try it! so i did. it was 45 minutes of total body circuit training.

i liked it, but not as much as the other jackie DVD I did. this one was longer, but it was easier.. i need to get some heavier weights for at home.

meals

dinner was a special request from the mister: mac & cheese + chicken strips + veggies. he is so easy to please!

still steamy.

you can see my mac & cheese recipe and chicken strip method here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

amanda has been posting her outfits lately in order to get her to be motivated to dress better and be less lazy in the mornings. i thought this was fun to read last week, so i am joining in this week and hopefully it will encourage me to dress cute. i am required to dress “business casual” monday – thursday and jeans are OK on friday. no matter what i wear, my bosses are bound to call me an elf and/or a lumberjack. yes, they have repeatedly called me both names on several occasions. apparently leggings=elf and plaid shirts=lumberjack. every once in awhile they call me a musketeer. i don’t know. so, according to the technicality of my bosses, today i was an elf.

a bit about the way i dress. i would say i aim for steezy. in case you aren’t aware: steezy=style+easy combined. meaning.. i like to dress cute but i don’t like to go to a lot of effort. and i definitely don’t like to get fancy. i suppose that would be considered “stancy”. not for me. i am for sure all about the steeze.

my full length mirror is not mounted right now (technical difficulties at our house at the moment..) so it was hard to capture a full length shot without crouching.. i tried:IMG_6288

i tend to shop at really cheap stores. i don’t have expensive taste at all, lucky for marshall! i have recently started spending more money on shoes.. but that is his fault for buying me an expensive pair in the first place.

what i am wearing and where it is from (and the approximate price):

• scarf – H&M ($7)
  • gray sweater dress – H&M ($20)
  • leggings – forever 21 ($5)
  • socks – mens department @ target ($3)
  • uggs – nordstrom ($140)

IMG_6278IMG_6282

i am always so intrigued with what other people are wearing and where they purchased each piece. i may not be ultra fashionable myself, but i really love looking at fashion blogs. and my that i mean blogs that have clothes i would actually wear.. not those cutting edge fashion blogs where the models are wearing tin foil tube tops and leopard print capes. for example, i am a huge fan of j’s everyday fashion and closet 365.

since we are on the topic of style (or lack thereof), i thought i would post my answers to this award that a few bloggers have given me.

hmm, the stylish blogger award. this awards says you have to post seven things about yourself and pass it on to fifteen others. wow. who starts these things, anyway? and who decides that you have to post 7 random things and tag 15 other bloggers.. all in the name of being stylish? to be honest i think it is a pretty silly thing, but i really have no substantial content for you guys tonight, so here goes.  by the way, if you have been reading my blog for awhile, you will probably know a few of these things. so consider it just a reminder of what a freak i am.

1. i count my steps when i go up/down stairs. and then, if i am in a really OCD mood, i will walk in increments of that number of steps until i reach my destination. for example, if i walk up eight stairs, i count the rest of my steps in sets of eights.. and i have to end on “8” by the time i am done walking to wherever i am walking to. this means i sometimes have to take smaller/larger steps to end on the correct number of steps. i know, i am insane.

2. this one is a lot like #1. when i clean my machine at the gym, i have to put 7 or 14 sprays on the paper towel. some bottles have the cleaner come out way more per spray, so those bottles i do 7 squirts. for the bottles that don’t release as much cleaner, i do 14 squirts. what the crap is wrong with me? why can’t i just do 10?

3. i got deported from canada. it was almost 4 years ago, wow! i got deported in february of 2007. i went to canada to go snowboarding and i got stopped and sent back to the US of A because of my criminal record. um, yeah. we won’t go into that part of the story today. i wish i was allowed in! i’m still sad.

4. i hated dolls when i was a kid. i was obsessed with stuffed cats. i didn’t have any dolls and i had a pet net full of about 326 stuffed cats. one time, at my 4th birthday party, a girl gave me a doll as a gift. i burst into tears.

5. i lived in london when i was 19. i did a study abroad. met an australian. traveled around europe. didn’t want to come home. but i did. it was the best.

6. i am not allergic to anything. lucky me!

7. if i could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be cereal. i have thought long and hard about this. as long as it could be any cereal i wanted and i had full access to skim milk, almond milk and soy milk. that’s my final answer.

well that was somewhat entertaining.  not really, huh? sorry to put you through that. i am going to go ahead and skip the “tag 15 other people” part because that seems like a lot of effort and linking that i just don’t feel up to. but if you haven’t done this yet, feel free to knock yourself out. consider yourself tagged by me.

welp, that’s all i’ve got for today! see you tomorrow for lots more exciting rambling. i can guarantee it. (side note, i used to not know how to spell guarantee for the longest time!)

1. if you had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?

2. where is your favorite place to buy clothes? my answer is H&M. we desperately need one in SLC.. i always stock up when visiting one out of state. love it.

p.s. happy 6 months of being married to me!

Kathie @ Frugal, Fit and Fabulous January 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

i love, love, love H&M but rarely shop there. i’m more of a Target gal. LOL!!

Your outfit is really cute!

Your lunch time is as boring as mine..it’s usually always the same turkey sandwich and veggies too. haha!

MelissaNibbles January 18, 2011 at 8:42 am

I really want that cheddar sandwich. You and I have a very similar style. I love leggings. Have you worn jeggings yet? If not, get them STAT!

janetha January 18, 2011 at 9:41 am

YES. i have the target jeggings and love them. i want more.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) January 18, 2011 at 9:05 am

i LOVE that scarf and so happy to hear its from H&M!!! love the store and love the prices even more! :)

i would have to say PEANUT BUTTER! hands down!!

I love leggings and have been wearing them ALOT! I love pairing them with fun socks like you had on and bright scarves :)

Oh and your chicken fingers look slammin’

Marg January 18, 2011 at 9:13 am

I love how you are still stylish while being comfy! I like Forever 21 because it’s so cheap, and can normally find something.

I’m about to become an Uggs convert, or the knockoff brand. I’m taking two ski trips this year and need some warm shoes.

lowandbhold January 18, 2011 at 9:29 am

Steezy is definitely my style as well. I wish we had an H&M here. I’ve only ever been to one.

1. Pizza, hands down.
2. Either Express or Target.

LG January 18, 2011 at 9:39 am

Criminal record? What the what? Would love to hear about that!

Carbzilla January 18, 2011 at 9:44 am

I’ve always thought you dressed super cute! Do you get the Piperlime email? They sell some fugly pieces for sure but there’s some cute stuff at great prices. I’ve bought one coat at H&M but that’s it. I usually buy quality pieces a bit on the conservative side (BananaRepublic) and mix it up with a little Target/Ross/Marshall’s.

PS. I got my Porteen bag and am MADLY in love with it!

Salah January 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

I LOVE that gray sweater girl!!!

biz319 January 18, 2011 at 10:52 am

I am so low maintenance, I haven’t shopped in a retail store in over 10 years. I buy all my clothes at thrift stores and garage sales – I am happy to say I do own 5 Coach purses, a Banana Republic grey pea coat, several Ann Taylor petite work pants – I have expensive taste, I just don’t spending the $$ on them! :D

Best score ever was a Prada purse I bought for $9 at a thrift store, which I sold on eBay for $125 :D

thedelicateplace January 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

i worked yesterday too—you were in good company ;)love the scarf!! i belong to a style exchange group on flickr you can see some of my ‘fits here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/misa_theme_b

one food forever would be sweet potato or bacon haha. or chocolate man i cannot choose! my favorite place to buy clothes is anthropologie but i’m pretty sure everyone in blogland already knows that about me haha.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 18, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I love seeing others’ outfits too. I just discovered J’s blog and am in love….and your outfit looks so cozy!! For some reason I always buy my clothes too fitted and they never feel as warm in the wintertime, so I just wear sweats and look like a boy. That and I have the most expensive taste ever, it’s ridiculous. Let me loose in DSW with no prices and I’ll come back with the only $200 pair of shoes in the store. It’s a gift.

CEREAL for sure!! I’m with you on that one!!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) January 18, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Love the outfit – that scarf is so cute!!!

The Healthy Hostess January 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Love the outfit! You look adorable! Steezy is a great way to be because it is comfortable and cute!
For my forever food, I am going to say… you have a point with cereal because really that means you can still have variety. I would go with nut butter. It fills you up and is addicting.

healthyappletite January 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm

that sandwich looks so good! i love your scarf too :) and wow, i can’t believe it’s 6 months already!!

katecooks January 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm

i love the clothing shot! i am going to have to start doing this sometimes – maybe starting with today :) i like the idea of picking and choosing which days though…then maybe i can post the more inspired outfits!!

Ashley@piesandpushups January 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm

If I could only eat 1 thing for the rest of my life I think it would have to be ice-cream. Just plain vanilla ice-cream. But I would want access to all the toppings of my choice. Or at least oreos and cookie dough. And chocolate syrup. You know, the main food groups. ;)

And I think if I had to pick 1 favorite store it would be Club Monaco! LOVE their stuff!
I loved your outfit! Way cute!

julie January 18, 2011 at 5:53 pm

i think i would eat mint chocolate chip ice cream and rainbow cookies for the rest of my life. can that count as one?

Momma B January 18, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Hey there you are just too cute for words!! I didn’t even know that word “steezy” I like it – I thought maybe it was something good to eat haha!!

Well I read all of these comments and was amazed at what healthy choices most readers made – me I would hands down pick chocolate – caramel, almonds, dark and maybe a little milk thrown in for good measure – yep pretty sure I could live on that day in and day out!!

I love a bargain – DI, Target, Eddie Bauer Outlet, Costco, TJ Max oh and ebay for new Dansko clogs!! xoxo

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices January 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Agreed- cereal for life! :D I would just take one type of milk too- almond milk.
I love your outfit & always think you are dressed so cute!! I really wish I had more sense of fashion..but I don’t. I try, I really do. :)

BroccoliHut January 18, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Love that scarf!!
My go-to place for buying clothes these days is TJ Maxx. Maxxinista, all the way.

Paige is Running Around Normal January 18, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I think your outfit’s cute! I love a good sweater dress with some cardy Uggs :)

Laura (starloz) January 18, 2011 at 8:06 pm

i’m pretty sure i’d go with mangoes, um, they are perfect

Laura (starloz) January 18, 2011 at 8:06 pm

oh & how great are the scarfs from h&m, i love them

Amy January 18, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I love your outfit and think Steezy is FAB. On another note, I think it is pretty awesome that Canada wouldnt let you in.. Not awesome that you have a CR, but hey, and it just means U have experienced a lil bit more of this crazy thing we call LIFe…. And I am sure your past has made you the person you are today :)

I think you should do Steezy days! Steezy Saturdays bahahaha.. But seriously, you dress cute!

janetha January 18, 2011 at 9:22 pm

haha i am glad someone thinks it is awesome!! thanks :)

Jenn (GH) January 19, 2011 at 9:34 am

So funny about hating dolls!!! I didn’t like them either. I had about 15,000 stuffed animals when I was kid.

enjoyingthechaos January 19, 2011 at 10:41 am

pasta..totally pasta..but I would have to have unlimited supply of sauces..alfredo, marinera, etc

my fav place to shop is my lil sister’s closet..she is totally stancy and shops A LOT..mostly the LOFT, express, Nordstrom, Arden B…and once she wears something she pushes it to the back of her closet….so I go and snag it. Some things even still have the tags on them…JACKPOT!!

jessiker January 23, 2011 at 7:44 am