another monday down! and only one more to go before my vacation.. but who’s counting? yes, i had to work today. the business i am in does not shut down due to MLK day. sad for me, happy for people who work at banks or schools.
breakfast started with the usual sales meeting meal at the original pancake house. are you reading, marisa?
2 egg whites scrambled + onions + spinach + salsa
oatmeal + cinnamon + syrup
and lots of coffee.
lunch was at my desk. as usual. my lunch life is so boring.
turkey + cheddar sandwich on wheat & steamfresh veggies.
this sandwich also had mayo, lettuce and salt & pepper.
i was in serious need of veggies after not eating a single one yesterday!
snack time came around 3:30, shortly before my workout.
2 wasa crackers + 1/2 cup cottage cheese + black pepper
i forgot how much i love this snack! it was one of my staples when i was doing BFL.
i know i should have gone to the gym and lifted weights, but i picked up another jackie warner DVD over the weekend and was dying to try it! so i did. it was 45 minutes of total body circuit training.
i liked it, but not as much as the other jackie DVD I did. this one was longer, but it was easier.. i need to get some heavier weights for at home.
dinner was a special request from the mister: mac & cheese + chicken strips + veggies. he is so easy to please!
you can see my mac & cheese recipe and chicken strip method here.
amanda has been posting her outfits lately in order to get her to be motivated to dress better and be less lazy in the mornings. i thought this was fun to read last week, so i am joining in this week and hopefully it will encourage me to dress cute. i am required to dress “business casual” monday – thursday and jeans are OK on friday. no matter what i wear, my bosses are bound to call me an elf and/or a lumberjack. yes, they have repeatedly called me both names on several occasions. apparently leggings=elf and plaid shirts=lumberjack. every once in awhile they call me a musketeer. i don’t know. so, according to the technicality of my bosses, today i was an elf.
a bit about the way i dress. i would say i aim for steezy. in case you aren’t aware: steezy=style+easy combined. meaning.. i like to dress cute but i don’t like to go to a lot of effort. and i definitely don’t like to get fancy. i suppose that would be considered “stancy”. not for me. i am for sure all about the steeze.
i tend to shop at really cheap stores. i don’t have expensive taste at all, lucky for marshall! i have recently started spending more money on shoes.. but that is his fault for buying me an expensive pair in the first place.
what i am wearing and where it is from (and the approximate price):
- scarf – H&M ($7)
- gray sweater dress – H&M ($20)
- leggings – forever 21 ($5)
- socks – mens department @ target ($3)
- uggs – nordstrom ($140)
i am always so intrigued with what other people are wearing and where they purchased each piece. i may not be ultra fashionable myself, but i really love looking at fashion blogs. and my that i mean blogs that have clothes i would actually wear.. not those cutting edge fashion blogs where the models are wearing tin foil tube tops and leopard print capes. for example, i am a huge fan of j’s everyday fashion and closet 365.
since we are on the topic of style (or lack thereof), i thought i would post my answers to this award that a few bloggers have given me.
hmm, the stylish blogger award. this awards says you have to post seven things about yourself and pass it on to fifteen others. wow. who starts these things, anyway? and who decides that you have to post 7 random things and tag 15 other bloggers.. all in the name of being stylish? to be honest i think it is a pretty silly thing, but i really have no substantial content for you guys tonight, so here goes. by the way, if you have been reading my blog for awhile, you will probably know a few of these things. so consider it just a reminder of what a freak i am.
1. i count my steps when i go up/down stairs. and then, if i am in a really OCD mood, i will walk in increments of that number of steps until i reach my destination. for example, if i walk up eight stairs, i count the rest of my steps in sets of eights.. and i have to end on “8” by the time i am done walking to wherever i am walking to. this means i sometimes have to take smaller/larger steps to end on the correct number of steps. i know, i am insane.
2. this one is a lot like #1. when i clean my machine at the gym, i have to put 7 or 14 sprays on the paper towel. some bottles have the cleaner come out way more per spray, so those bottles i do 7 squirts. for the bottles that don’t release as much cleaner, i do 14 squirts. what the crap is wrong with me? why can’t i just do 10?
3. i got deported from canada. it was almost 4 years ago, wow! i got deported in february of 2007. i went to canada to go snowboarding and i got stopped and sent back to the US of A because of my criminal record. um, yeah. we won’t go into that part of the story today. i wish i was allowed in! i’m still sad.
4. i hated dolls when i was a kid. i was obsessed with stuffed cats. i didn’t have any dolls and i had a pet net full of about 326 stuffed cats. one time, at my 4th birthday party, a girl gave me a doll as a gift. i burst into tears.
5. i lived in london when i was 19. i did a study abroad. met an australian. traveled around europe. didn’t want to come home. but i did. it was the best.
6. i am not allergic to anything. lucky me!
7. if i could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be cereal. i have thought long and hard about this. as long as it could be any cereal i wanted and i had full access to skim milk, almond milk and soy milk. that’s my final answer.
well that was somewhat entertaining. not really, huh? sorry to put you through that. i am going to go ahead and skip the “tag 15 other people” part because that seems like a lot of effort and linking that i just don’t feel up to. but if you haven’t done this yet, feel free to knock yourself out. consider yourself tagged by me.
welp, that’s all i’ve got for today! see you tomorrow for lots more exciting rambling. i can guarantee it. (side note, i used to not know how to spell guarantee for the longest time!)
1. if you had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. where is your favorite place to buy clothes? my answer is H&M. we desperately need one in SLC.. i always stock up when visiting one out of state. love it.
xo. janetha g.
p.s. happy 6 months of being married to me!