some mood.

by Janetha on January 6, 2011

in meals

i am in some mood tonight.

this might  have something to do with it.

ugh. writing thank you cards five and a half months after my wedding makes me cranky.

although, that’s not the only reason i am being a grump. sometimes i just get in these really ornery moods and i have no good reason for them. i came home from work and have been like this since. i didn’t even make it to the gym.

my poor husband, he can’t even go home to get away from me like he could when we were just dating.

marshall said i was being so mean that he didn’t dare ask me to make him dinner.

so he made his own.

salad, organic spaghettios and a turkey, cheddar & avocado panini. the boy can fend for himself, as you can see.

i stole half of the panini and ate a stack of cucumbers.

and a bowl of cereal. and three clementines. what?

i am going to go bake. hopefully that will cheer me up.  if it doesn’t, i am not opposed to turning to sea salt dark chocolate as a last resort.

i am sure i will be back to normal tomorrow.

until then, i am going to shut up so i don’t scare you guys off Winking smile

1.  do you ever get into unexplainable grumpy moods? how do you defunkify?

2. happy national bean day! what’s your favorite bean?

Heather January 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

wanna know a funny story? half of our thank you cards from our wedding 4 YEARS AGO are still sitting in the desk drawer. hubby was supposed to find addresses and never did, so those people didn’t get one!

oops :)

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices January 7, 2011 at 8:38 am

Girl, I hope you are feeling better today :D Just know that I think you one amazing person. Inside & out.
Adorable thank you cards!!
Love ya xoxo

lowandbhold January 7, 2011 at 8:42 am

Oh that happens to me all the time. I am grateful that I live alone when the grumpiness gets too bad. I can be a straight bitch!

Jenny January 7, 2011 at 8:57 am

ugh, those days. hate ’em.

I have a good news for you though – it’s friday baybay!

carlee January 7, 2011 at 9:02 am

I’ve been in that kind of mood all week so today I took off work and I’m having a “mental health” day :)

thetwentyfifthyear January 7, 2011 at 9:32 am

I am impressed with Marshall’s dinner. It looks like it came from Panera! (Well half of it from the kid’s menu haha)

My hand aches just looking at those thank you cards. Pace yourself!

Steph January 7, 2011 at 9:55 am

Thank you for writing thank you cards – why people don’t ever do this anymore is beyond me, but there is something very sincere about a handwritten note. Kudos to you woman!

Emily January 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

Sorry about the icky mood, Janetha! Lately, when I am in a bad mood, I turn on music that I can’t help but dance to and go crazy. Like totally goofy around my apartment. It most definitely helps. :)

Nia January 7, 2011 at 10:19 am

PMS!!!!PMS!!!!Mother nature!!!

shibalvr75 January 7, 2011 at 10:47 am

LOVE the Thank You cards!! SO CUTE!

thedelicateplace January 7, 2011 at 10:51 am

i actually woke up grumpy this morning and didn’t feel better until i hopped on the stationary bike! i defunkify by time alone usually or a big hug from nate! my fave bean is the mighty cannellini bean. good luck on the thank yous! i split them up, nate took ones for his invites and i took my family/friends and we split our mutual friends. we had them out in a month!

natalie (the sweets life) January 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

ooh i can definitely be a crab. ryan usually just stays away til it passes, even though i try to egg him on to fight :)

your thank you cards are ADORABLE and so creative!

have a good weekend. like marshall, i’ll be busy rooting for the Pack!

Caree @ Fit-Mama January 7, 2011 at 11:24 am

I definitely get in those moods and I hate it!! For no reason I will instantly snap at my hubby…and then I can’t even admit to him how awful I have been. Sometimes I just need a good cry…but most of the time I just need some lovin from my babies or a good talk with my mom usually works!

mary (what's cookin' with mary) January 7, 2011 at 11:24 am

I totally get like that and usually it clears up after I go to bed and wake up the next day… hehe. Brian will say that the ‘moon is pulling on me’… as in the lunar cycle is making me a huge GRUMP. ;)

Rose January 7, 2011 at 11:40 am

Those cards are awesome! I got all my thank you cards out early, but my husband still has some to write (in Hebrew). He wants me to keep reminding him, but I’m not big on nagging.

My favorite bean, plain, is the black bean. But, hummus will always win, so garbanzos are close to my heart. Plus, they have a funny name.

julie January 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm

please people should be thanking YOU for inviting them to such a glam affair. i think you should just stick a cookie in an envelope and send that as a thank you ;)

movesnmunchies January 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm

im a very moody person :S.. haah but I just cool off with some ‘me’ time.. ill work out maybe or watch a tv show… or read blogs– just CHILL

cbrady3 January 7, 2011 at 1:09 pm

OOoh black beans for sure!
And I get in moods like that all the time. I’ll be fine and then I set foot in my house and all of a sudden I’m unbearable! Just gotta keep it to yourself and blow of some steam! Hope you feel better!

paijery January 7, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Love the thank you cards!!
I get in moods like that too often haha. I just take my laptop to bed and read blogs or a book and in the morning I always feel better. But I definitely need my space :)
Fave bean is chickpeas! All the way!

Valerie January 7, 2011 at 2:12 pm

it’s called hormones. regardless of the time of the month. you’re a woman. it’s allowed ;)

i usually just tell the bf that i’m not in a good mood. i give him fair warning and he usually leaves me be.

i heart black beans.

beth January 7, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I just went to nordstroms on my lunch hour to cheer my funk :) the key to this is not try on clothes…just accessorize! It all fits that way :)

lynn @ the actor's diet January 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm

chick peas – though adzuki are quickly becoming my fave b/c they’re sweet
i get grumpy often. i only take it out on abe, and apologize profusely. then i blame them on hormones.

i love your thank you cards!!!

shari January 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm

OH MY GOSH i feel the same way today! EVERYTHING is irritating me. ALL 4 of my kids are driving me crazy. My husband is driving me crazy! I know I am starting my period Sunday so thats my problem. MY poor family though , this time of month is hard on everyone!!! gRRRRRR

(what runs) Lori January 7, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I hate when I’m in one of those moods… happens a lot lately. Must be the winter. ;) Baking always helps!

Favorite bean: Garbanzo for sure!

Ali January 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Hi –

I read your blog sometimes but I’ve never commented before…but I think now is the time! Just saw an interesting blog post about progressions to touching your toes and I laughed when I realized the first person I thought of you was total stranger who writes a blog (you). Anyways, check it out!! Maybe it’ll happen soon then you think :)

janetha January 7, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I can’t wait to check that link out! Thanks :) and so glad you commented!

BroccoliHut January 7, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I get in major cranky pants moods too, and often for no particular reason. Seth has learned to deal and just let me watch Say Yes to the Dress until the mood passes.
I think it goes without saying that my favorite bean is the chickpea!

Jenny January 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I don’t know if it’s a estrogen thing or what, but I am sure most women’s have random mood swings. I can usually pin point the cause (stress, “that” time of the month, work, etc.) But sometime a mood will hit me without warning or cause. Usually a good run helps me, but sometimes all I need is some good quality Jenny time. I can do anything I want to, or do nothing at all. If I don’t HAVE to do anything, that usually helps. I always feel back for the dude and have to apologize when I’m feeling better.

I’m gonna have to say black beans!

elise January 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

those cards are SOOOOOO cute!!!!