day off.

by Janetha on January 4, 2011

in meals

i love that i had monday off because today felt like a monday at work, but it was really tuesday, and tomorrow i will already be half way done with the work week.

i am lobbying for mondays off permanently. think my boss will go for it?

because i had the day off yesterday, i didn’t open my laptop all day long and instead, i went snowboarding. sometimes you just need to enjoy the great outdoors!

before hitting the slopes, i had breakfast:

oikos greek yogurt with some ancient grains granola and peanut butter.

wheat toast with peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam. this is, hands down, my favorite thing to put on toast.

my friend jessica and i went to the canyons. it was a gorgeous sunny day!

we met up with jessica’s fiance, simon, and took some runs.

turns out that although it was a nice day, the snow wasn’t exactly spectacular. after a few runs, we decided to get some food and bask in the sun.

i went with the veggie chili, loaded with cheese and onions.

delicious.

baskalicious.

IMG_0303 IMG_0305

after snowboarding, i picked up some chipotle for me and the mister. i basically ate all day yesterday.

we watched adventureland while our chipotle digested and then headed to the bar for jessica and simon’s engagement party.

congrats to the happy couple! aren’t they so gorgeous? they are going to make some cute babies one day.

i didn’t drink any booze at the bar, but i definitely ate more food. i mean, why not? marshall had cheese fries and vanilla frozen custard, which i had my fair share of.

i tried to get to bed at a decent hour since i had to be to work in the morning, but i managed to stay up past midnight. i always have the hardest time getting to bed early after the weekend! it made this morning rough. but knowing that there are only 3 more days of work until the weekend make it all okay.

i’ll be back later, it’s dinner time so i have to go eat more food.

1. to the working folks: how many days a week do you work? i am a monday through friday, 8:00-4:00 gal. although i would be SO down to work four 10’s.

2. what’s your favorite thing to put on toast? see above for my two cents.

withasideofhope January 5, 2011 at 5:55 am

I work 10.5 hour days during the week and then I usually work either Saturday or Sunday, or sometimes both for about 5 or 6 hours. It’s rough but I really need the money right now. I’d rather have a better higher paying job.

I like my toast with grape jelly. Yum! :)

Katie January 5, 2011 at 6:10 am

If having making a sandwich with toast, one side salsa & one side guacamole, very good combo! Otherwise just hummus!

Meaghan January 5, 2011 at 6:33 am

I work M-F 8.5 hour days on a flex schedule. We can come in between 630 and 930 and leave between 3 and 6. Recently I’ve been working 7-330 but it just depends on whether I workout before or after work. Love that flexibility.

I actually worked 4/10s for about 4 months at the end of last year and HATED it. I worked 730-6. I just felt like I had no time to do anything but work. I love cooking, taking the dogs for long walks, and working out, and it was really hard to fit all of those things in, plus everyday life things (errands, laundry, etc) when working the 4/10.

Breakfast toast = sunflower seed butter + jelly, any other time = mustard + sharp cheddar. Mmm…

Graze With Me January 5, 2011 at 7:02 am

That chili looks amazing, it’s definitely that time of year. I better make some!

1) Last year I worked Tuesday-Friday but this year I’m working Monday-Thursday 6:00 -3:00. I love it!

2) I’m going with a nice spread of plain avocado. I’m not much of a toast person but for some reason the avocado always beats out any type of nut butter or jam.

movesnmunchies January 5, 2011 at 7:03 am

mm fav thing on toast is either almond butter, cashew butter or any nut butter.. OR laughing cow with jam!

Freckled Foodie January 5, 2011 at 7:14 am

looks like a fun day out!

my fave is justin’s maple almond buttah <3

natalie (the sweets life) January 5, 2011 at 7:23 am

I had Monday off too and I’ve slept so terribly the past 2 nights because I’m still in vacation mode. Hopefully my body adjusts soon!

I LOVE the little yellow bowl you ate your breakfast out of! :)

Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) January 5, 2011 at 7:28 am

Looks like a fun day off!

I don’t work now, but when I do it will definitely not be an 8-4 kinda thang. Which is kinda nice… kinda annoying. Life of a chef!

And pb&j on bread is amaaazing… but I think I need to take nutella & banana for the win :D

xo

atastelife January 5, 2011 at 7:57 am

Work is 8-5 Monday-Friday…I did 10 hour days once and LOVED it.

And I’m an almond butter on toast kind of girl. But PB and banana on toast is a killer combo, too.

brandi January 5, 2011 at 8:22 am

8-5, M-F.

I would totally go for retirement :)

I’m just hoping Nick can find a job that could support us when we decide to start having kids, because I really want to be a stay at home mom, but we’ll see!

RhodeyGirl January 5, 2011 at 8:39 am

As usual, reading your blog during the snowboarding season kills me. We MIGHT be in Colorado Springs in two weeks for a work trip for PB, and that would be incredible awesome. I’m crossing my fingers it works out!!!!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather January 5, 2011 at 8:58 am

Snowboarding! So fun :). We got snow shoes for Christmas which we plan to use for hiking up a mountain and snow boarding down. I so want to very soon!

I work 8-9s and 1-8 hour day every 2 weeks which gives me every other friday off. I love that.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 5, 2011 at 10:04 am

I’m weird and really like my toast plain. If the bread isn’t toasted, I slather it in nut butter or hummus, but once it’s crispy I like the texture too much to mess with toppings!!

Dawn (HealthySDLiving) January 5, 2011 at 10:34 am

I had Monday off too – it was great!
I work Mon-Fri 7-4. I love my schedule but I think I could definitely do the four 10s…I always feel like the weekend needs just 1 more day!

erintakescontrol January 5, 2011 at 10:35 am

I love smashed avocado on whole wheat toast. It’s fabulous. I never get tired of it. Next to guacamole, this is my fave way to eat avocado.

I’m a M-F gal, too. It’s 8-430 with a half hour lunch. Not too shabby to be home before the final Jeopardy question! I’m a Jeopardy nerd…

melissadishes January 5, 2011 at 11:30 am

I work M-F 7:30-4:30, but on non-gym days, i’m usually at work at 7.
Jan-June starting next Tues, i’m on call, which i’m not really looking forward to.

I don’t actually eat toast much, when I do, it’s generally me toasting the bread for a sandwich (like I did today)

Healthy Coconut January 5, 2011 at 11:38 am

I’m a M-F 9-6pm girl, love the extra time in the morning to get my workout done :)

Katie January 5, 2011 at 11:47 am

I’m also M-F from 7-5, but usually one day of the weekend is dedicated to work, too. Sometimes it sucks to care about your job so much. But sometimes it’s awesome. :-)

Nothing is better than bread and butter for me…I LOVE buttered toast. Love, love, love.

a taste of health with balance January 5, 2011 at 12:23 pm

definitely almond butter and honey on warm toast!

rachel January 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I’m so jealous right now!!! I would LOVE to be able to go snowboarding on a day off!

Ashley S January 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I work from 8-4 m-f and eat at my desk so I don’t have to use time for lunch. I like being able to leave early!

PB toast, nuff said!

BTW, thanks again for that fat free feta coupon that I won a while back. I just finished the last of it. :D

runrettarun January 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I work M-F 8-430. I would love 4-10 hr days myself. I’m a fan of pretty much anything on toast!

Tamizn January 5, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I pretty much work everyday at the mo! I don’t really eat toast but if `i did it would totally be peanut and jam x x

Jenny January 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I work M-F 8:30-5:00. It’s not too bad. Plus since I work for a snow sport company, they let me take some snow days here and there. So, if you ever head up to Brighton again, let me know. My dude and I bought passes there, then he went and tore his ACL and is out for the season. I occasionally get to a riding partner, but I usually end up there my myself. It would be a blast to snowboard with ya and catch up!

Depending on my mood, I like either butter and my mom’s homemade strawberry jam on toast, butter and baked beans (it a British thing) or fresh peaches and cottage cheese!

Linda January 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Right now I would eat that toast!!! My obsession is pb and jam <3

Christine (The Raw Project) January 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I work Monday-Friday, 7 AM – 4PM and this is a long week! My fave thing to put on toast is nut butters.

kerry January 7, 2011 at 1:43 pm

i work 5 days a week! shift work, sometimes it’s 9:30 til 7:30! soo tiring! PB on toast for sure!

elise January 11, 2011 at 1:12 pm

i work 12 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. either 7am to 7pm or the night shift (7 pm to 7 am). sometimes i think its the best system ever, and sometimes i feel so dead after my shifts that i can hardly function enough to be productive or enjoy my days off.