while it seems like 83% of the people i know are off work this week, i am not. i work all week, folks.
and by all week.. i mean ALL week. as in, while 99.548625% of the world is off work on friday, new years eve, i will be at my office. plugging away.
while my friends and family were sleeping in, brewing coffee to enjoy at home or pondering what to do with their day off, i was eating breakfast at my desk.
chobani plain + nature’s path ancient grains granola. and coffee.
while my friends and family were out shopping, seeing movies or snuggling up on the couch, i was eating lunch at my desk.
turkey + stuffing sandwich on wheat with mustard + apple cranberry butter. and two clementines. and water.
saying i have eaten 40 of these in the past 6 days would be a modest statement. i <3 clementines.
guess what? a blizzard swept the valley promptly 20 minutes before i left my office. we are talking LOTS of snow. finally! i couldn’t be happier because i love snow.
but that did mean one thing..
while my friends and family had completed their workout earlier in the day because they didn’t have to work, i drove to the gym in the blizzard and trounced through the snow into the gym to get some cardio in.
20 minutes (2.3 miles) on the treadmill, 10 minutes (1.1 miles) on the stairmill, stretching before and after.
while my friends and family had hours of free time to think of what to cook for dinner, get the groceries and prepare the meal, i had to brave the crappy roads and go to the store to get groceries for dinner.
don’t worry, i was at a stop sign!
on the upside… marshall cooked. dinner for us
he cooked his specialty.. spaghetti.
although i had to cook my own mushrooms.. he won’t have anything to do with them!
whole wheat noodles + spaghetti squash + ground beef marinara (from scratch). and mushrooms. and asparagus.
i love bulking spaghetti up with squash! it tastes so good and has a great texture.
while my friends and family were staying out late or up late because they don’t have to work tomorrow, i am going to stay in, eat gingerbread men and call it a night.
three trader joe’s gingerbread men from kaitlin.
kaitlin is so sweet and sent these to me! not gonna lie, the only reason i wanted them was because of the houndstooth packaging.
they are delicious little fellows, though.
speaking of people who weren’t at work today.. i saw this post of jessica’s. she doesn’t go to work any day, so i guess i can’t be jealous that she has this week off. i am going to pretend like i can stay in my sweats all day and fill out surveys. even though the only thing i will be filling out tomorrow are invoices and sales receipts.
1. Four TV shows that I watch:
- the family feud
- dogs 101
2. Four things that I’m passionate about:
- food and cooking
- all animals, mainly dogs
- every one of my relationships
- learning new things every day
3. Four words/phrases I use a lot:
- “bear”<—i call marshall this at least 63 times a day
- “i know, right?”
- “i don’t remember that.” <—i have the memory of a goldfish.
- "sure.”<—except i pronounce it “shore”
4. Four things I’ve learned from the past:
- you have to go through a lot of bad apples to find a good seed
- i am happiest when i am healthiest
- some friends may come and go but your family is always there
- don’t be afraid to ask for something if you know you deserve it
5. Four places I would like to go:
- to bed
- back to london
- south america
6. Four things I did yesterday:
- ate pumpkin pie with fresh vanilla bean whipped cream
- laughed SO hard
7. Four things I am looking forward to:
- two of my best friends getting married (not to each other)
- seeing my sister’s new sunny san diego home
- my house renovations, furnishing and decorating to be complete
8. Four things I love about winter:
- hoodies + beanies
- snow, snow, snow everywhere
that was fun.
i want to say thanks so much for all the lovely comments on my last post. while i was by no means miserable when i was more die hard about diet and exercise, i do think doing that now would make me miserable. i wanted to make that clear because i think i led a lot of you to believe i was not happy back then when i was really into my old routine. not the case! sometimes being dedicated to a strict diet & exercise challenge can be fun! as long as it is for the right reasons. but right now, it is not for me. i am in a different place in my life right now. also, you are all so inspiring! i loved hearing what you see when you look in the mirror. if you need a pick me up, go check out the comments.
i will be back tomorrow.. after work, of course. if you have the week off.. enjoy it!
1. what are you looking forward to?
2. where is one place you would like to go?
xo. janetha g.