tagged by tiff.

by Janetha on December 22, 2010

in meals

the title says it all.  tiff tagged me in her post.

i need a little mindless entertainment. these questions are probably the strangest set of questions i have answered in a long time.. but hey, you know i love question answering. here goes.

1. Name one movie you’d never watch again even if someone paid you.

requiem for a dream.

ugh. i liked the first part of it, but near the end? yeah, it really went downhill FAST. i will never, ever watch that one again.

2. Name 5 fictional characters you want to have dinner with. And TELL ME WHY.

1. dexter morgan. because who wouldn’t want a chance to stare at him during a whole meal?

2. eric northman (from true blood). what? i like attractive actors. although i would not let him have me for dinner. a little vampire humor there for you.

3.  all of the characters in empire records. because they seem to be the most fun. ever.

4. dawn from the baby sitters club. the book dawn.. not the movie or TV dawn (because word on the street is they made the books into TV shows and/or movies? i never saw for myself). man, i loved dawn.

5. evie from out of this world. i mean, the girl could freeze time!

3. Give me a race on your “must do” list.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

that’s funny.

4. Cake vs. Pie: Your pick?

well ideally i would skip both and go with ice cream.. but if i have to pick, then pie. solely because i hate frosting and that usually comes with cake.

5. Last meal – what would it be? AND YOU ARE ON DEATH ROW SO MAKE IT CREATIVE.

wait, i am on death row? how the hell did i end up there?! that’s a shame. i hope i didn’t murder anyone. that’s totally out of character for me.

anyway, onto this last meal business.

i am notorious for not being able to decide what to eat. and i just sat here for 10 minutes thinking about what i would eat for this fictional meal on death row.

i am sorry, but there are more important things to think about right now.. like how i can actually get dexter or eric to go to dinner with me. we will work out the menu details later.

6. Favorite book to movie adaptation ever? Least favorite?

i am the wrong person to ask this question.. i don’t read a lot of books and i definitely never watch book to movie adaptions.

the only one i can think of is the da vinci code.. which was a huge downer for me.

i can imagine i would feel this way about any book to movie adaption, because the best part about reading is creating a mental image that is all your own. the whole movie thing is someone else’s mental image put on film, and that just ruins it.

oh, i did see my sister’s keeper. that was pretty good, i guess. i read 3/4 of the book so i don’t know how the endings differed.

7. Vacation: beach or mountains?

well, since I live in the mountains, a vacation for me is typically beach. i feel pretty lucky to be surrounded by the rockies. it really is awesome to go hiking or snowboarding any time i want.. people spend lots of money to travel to these mountains that are in my own back yard.

but, if we are going to talk vacations, let’s get real.. i wouldn’t pick beach or mountains. i would pick somewhere in europe that has lots of history and sight seeing.

i tag MONICA, lisa, melissa and elise. because those four ladies are hilarious.

1. what fictional character would you want to hang with?

2. what’s something you’d have in your last meal?

good night!

purplebirdblog December 23, 2010 at 12:03 am

No doubt on Requiem. Jesus H, that movie messed me up. The MOM. Sheesh.

Alexander Skarsgard (the lovely True Blood Eric) is one of my celebrity freebies. The other is Brendan Frazier. Weird, I know.

And I used to fantasize about hanging with the Empire crew when I was kid. I love you big time for saying that!

Last meal would definitely have to contain sushi of some variety. And vanilla bean ice cream. And Ranier cherries. And filet mignon. And yorkshire pudding. And probably about a billion other things. They’d have to roll me to the injection room.

edenseats December 23, 2010 at 12:26 am

“my sisters keeper” (the book) was way better than the movie. You should have finished it! the movie totally effed up the ending!!! And I too have NO clue what my last meal would be but I’d like dexter to join me as well! And I thought I was the only one that loved Dawn! Kristy got on my nerves and Stacy also peeved me. Dawn was just the coolest.

Runeatrepeat December 23, 2010 at 1:24 am

I’m sad you didn’t tag me.

Laura (starloz) December 23, 2010 at 2:04 am

my last meal, damn. something thai

Tamizn December 23, 2010 at 2:18 am

Dito meeting Eric only difference is I’d let him bite me! ha ha x

Jen December 23, 2010 at 5:41 am

Out of this world was one of my favorite TV shows!!!

Jen

Jessica @ How Sweet December 23, 2010 at 5:42 am

Um, I think we need to chat. I have an unnatural obsession with Alexander Skaarshard/Eric Northman… have been a giant True Blood fan since the pilot episode. I have dreams about him… I’m a little crazy.

lindsay December 23, 2010 at 5:47 am

oh man, you just brought back great memories of Empire Records and OUT of thie WORLD episodes. Thank you! :)

Matt December 23, 2010 at 6:41 am

No races? I thought you were on your way to being our little marathoner?

Stephanie Phomsouvanh December 23, 2010 at 6:45 am

OMG. I love Eric Northman. I didn’t like him with the long hair though.

inmytummy December 23, 2010 at 6:57 am

I used to love Out of This World when I was a kid. I wanted her powers so I could go into stores and steal clothes. Isn’t that bad? That’s what my 8 year old (or however old I was when that was on) self would do if I could stop time, I’d steal clothes!

I like Eric too. He’s much better than Bill.

thedelicateplace December 23, 2010 at 7:37 am

i’d want to hang out with dexter for drooling purposes but liz lemon from 30rock because we’d be besties. my last meal would include dark chocolate, the most perfectly cooked lamb, vegan eggnog, steamed kabocha, almond butter, molasses…i could go on and on and on

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 23, 2010 at 8:04 am

fictional character hmmm…how about non fiction and just hang out with amazing friends. i dont do enough of that these days!

last meal would have to involve gluten containing carbs but since it’s my last meal, i wouldnt have to pay the tummy consequences so it wouldnt matter would it :)

Susan December 23, 2010 at 8:38 am

1. DEXTER. I’m almost done season 2 and my family hasn’t seen much of me because I’m addicted to that show. Love it. Even if it gives me strange dreams when I watch it before bed.

2. Last meal would be my nana’s egg sandwiches, potato salad, and my mom’s layered salad. Because, in this fictional world, they would still want to make these things for me even though I committed a horrendous crime. Obviously.

Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover December 23, 2010 at 8:41 am

Hahahahah – loved this post, Janetha.
Made me smile :)
Happy Holidays, girl!

Leah December 23, 2010 at 9:28 am

Oh man! I’m obsessed with Requim For A Dream and also Pi. I love weird movies though. It’s so emotional, it sucks you in. It’s like a train wreck and I’m a junkie for it!

Heather (Heather's Dish) December 23, 2010 at 9:30 am

ok, i love that you have empire records on here. and yes, i totally agree with that…that would be a FUN dinner!

MelissaNibbles December 23, 2010 at 10:04 am

Dexter! Love him. Thanks for the tag…this will take me forever to fill out.

Carbzilla December 23, 2010 at 10:32 am

I knew you’d get a kick out of this. :)

PS. I LOVE how it’s snowing on your site! I could make mine look like endless rain but it would muck everything up.

Merry Xmas!!!!

Morgan December 23, 2010 at 10:51 am

i’d totally hang with jack bauer. he rocks.

Kelly December 23, 2010 at 11:21 am

I loved Requiem! The same director did Black Swan, so I naturally loved that movie too! Love movies that make me feel weird.

erin December 23, 2010 at 12:08 pm

hmm…last meal..def something with pasta and a yummy red sauce and lots of cheese…maybe with some shrimp and scallops on top…oh oh oh…and some maryland steamed crabs…oh so yummy!!

Rose December 23, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Empire Records pretty much defined my high school career. I watched that movie over and over. And over. As I grew older, the character I most wanted to date/bang changed. From Mark to A.J. before finally settling on Joe.

Yes, never Lucas. He was a tool. But not as much of a tool as Rex Manning.

I’m pretty sure I wore grooves into my Empire Records soundtrack, too. And it’s the only reason I have any knowledge about Gwar.

eliza December 23, 2010 at 2:12 pm

haha REALLY! Those guys you think are attractive?

Reqiuem for a dream was crazy – I had a huge anxiety attack during one of the scenes :( hate that movie- yet so good.

janetha @ meals & moves December 23, 2010 at 2:14 pm

do you watch either shows? their characters are super attractive. i definitely didn’t think anything was good about the movie. blech.

eliza December 23, 2010 at 2:30 pm

yeah I just dont think their cute :)

Allison December 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Ha! I love your answers to these questions! I would be all about dining with Dexter Morgan!

Jen December 23, 2010 at 2:28 pm

hmm…no one else noticed you tagged FOUR ladies “because these three ladies are hilarious!” lol. And I’m right there with you on the “races question. hehe. I had to chime in on My Sisters Keeper though…I LOVE Jodi Picoult books. BUT–the end of MSK? Terrible. Horrible, no good very bad. The movie had to be better, simply because it wasn’t the same as the book.

And I would be dead far before I finally decided on my last meal.

janetha @ meals & moves December 23, 2010 at 2:38 pm

hahaha.. ok so that is funny. i tagged 3 last night and monica emailed me and was saying she was sad i didnt tag her, so i said i would tag her first thing in the morning.. so i edited the post! but didn’t edit that minor detail. woops!

Paige is Running Around Normal December 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I would totally choose Eric too. Love him!!! Can’t wait for the next season :) :)

Heather December 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Mmmmm, love me some Eric! And also Mr. Schuster from Glee…ahhh! I know, total freakin opposites, right?

Gah, that last meal thing is a toughie! Foods popping into my head: sushi, eggplant, persimmons, pumpkin…hmm, sounds like a pretty funky meal to me…eh, who cares? If it’s my last one it HAS to include AT LEAST these 4!

zoe December 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm

yeeeeees empire records!!!! i love, love, LOVE that movie! and all the characters, too! wish they were real. and i wish they were my best friends. yes, that might make me lame. i’m okay with that :)

kissmybroccoli December 23, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Mmmm, love me some Eric! Also Mr. Schuster from Glee…I know TOTAL opposites!

That last meal thing is a toughie! Favorite foods coming to mind: pumpkin, eggplant, sushi, cheese, and persimmons! Now that would be an interesting last meal! How about mini meals…like Heather’s Last Tapas??

Errign December 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Ah, Requiem for a Dream is a CRAZY movie. Eeeeek. Nightmares.

elise December 26, 2010 at 2:27 am

so behind…im going to (finally) post this tomorrow. gah. i think we will have a few overlaps :) soobsessedwithdexter!!!

Barbara December 30, 2010 at 8:43 am

yes yes yes to DEXTER MORGAN! I am on the biggest Dexter kick right now! My couch owns my ass!! my friend started by telling me Friday’s episode (last season) randomly on the weekend during grocery shopping. It then became an event unto itself. Then he gave me the last season to watch on DVD, and I am done watching season one (mix of DVD and reruns on Friday nights). I am actually devastated there will not be any new episodes until Oct! I think Jessie Ventura would be a fun person (or a weird intriguing person ) to have over for dinner…. lots of stories and entertainment to be had!
XXOXOXO