lately.

by Janetha on December 11, 2010

in meals

i know my blogging has been hit and miss lately. fully aware that my typical posting schedule is all out of whack.

life happens! and life is good.

here are a few things i have been up to lately…

dinner last night was eaten out at stoneground pizza.

i had a salad (#7 of 20 for the december salad challenge)~

and marshall & i split a chicken artichoke pizza.  i had a couple slices along with marshall’s crusts. who doesn’t eat the crust?! not complaining, though, i gladly ate his crusts for him.

after dinner, we went to the jazz game.  they played the orlando magic. it was a neck and neck game but we pulled through to win it in the end!

we were all really excited because it is the first game of the season that we’ve gone to where they actually won. go jazz!

just call us the four four eyes Nerd smile

i spent the majority of the day cleaning and organizing the house. four hours solid, actually. when marshall got home from work i welcomed a much needed break and we decided to try a new café as per kristen’s suggestion.

sunshine café is literally just up the road from our house! i can’t believe i had never been before.

i went with the garden scramble. packed with veggies and so affordable!

it did not disapoint.

IMG_3894IMG_3896IMG_3897

cheesy goodness.

marshall’s sister got married today! it was a beautiful wedding.  i got a little teary eyed when stacie came walking down the aisle. i think i am getting old or something.

i was an absolute failure when it came to photography tonight.. i only took my point and shoot and only took a couple photos. i didn’t even get one with the bride and groom on my camera! good thing the photographer did.

their colors were silver, black & pink—everything was super cute!

IMG_0232IMG_0217IMG_0219

three generations.. three moustaches. Just kidding

marshall is feeling super sick so we had to cut out a little early. now we are curled up on the couch with the pups and drinking tea.

and eating a cookie.

not just any cookie. a festive dark chocolate covered peppermint joe joe from trader joe’s.. given to my by danica.

how trader joe’s manages to cram 150 delicious calories into a cookie the size of an oreo is beyond me..

but that isn’t stopping me from eating two.

1. do you eat your pizza crusts?

2. what have you been up to lately? is everyone ready for christmas? is it snowing in your neck of the woods? any fun news to share?

Jess December 11, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I always eat my crusts- they are the best part!
Lately, I haven’t been doing as much work as I should be- it’s finals week!

Katy December 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm

If I eat pizza, which is rare, I eat the crust! It’s the best part! :)

I have been relaxing, baking, and running! Oh and researching graduate schools! Oh the joys of winter break in college…have to savor it while I still have it. ;)

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather December 12, 2010 at 12:12 am

My husband (usually) doesn’t eat the crust either! Hello best part – I always take it, ya know don’t want to waste ;)

Laura December 12, 2010 at 12:17 am

I love pizza crust! I rarely leave bread of any kind behind. ;)

I am NOT ready for Christmas! I hope to get my tree up tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes…

Those TJ cookies look like holiday heaven! Hope Marshall feels better soon!

squigglefloey December 12, 2010 at 1:20 am

I love the crust. Just the dough and the sauce and I could go to town. When I was younger I remember being so confused as to why some people disliked the crust! haha..

purplebirdblog December 12, 2010 at 1:24 am

I eat the crust like a professional! :)

The dress is super pretty and you look fab, as usual.

I have been busting ass with work and school, same old same old. I made some baller sugar cookies tonight and ate crab legs, which it had been WAAAAY too long since I had crab. So frickin’ good.

And now it’s 1:30 in the morning and I still need to shower my stank butt and get to biz-ed… g’night! :)

movesnmunchies December 12, 2010 at 4:28 am

those cookies look amazing!! but dang.. quite the calorie load- OH well! so jealous you went to an NBA game!

Erica December 12, 2010 at 4:49 am

Don’t apologize for not blogging! Life is important :) That scramble looks awesome- and totally a good deal. And glad the wedding was fun :) Your dress is cute. I love crusts. Josh eats his, but I still steal them sometimes. Whats new around here? Just getting excited for Christmas. It will be nice to see Josh’s family.

MelissaNibbles December 12, 2010 at 6:04 am

No food goes uneaten on my plate so crusts definitely get shoved down my gullet.
Congrats to the lovely bride! You look great in your dress girl!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 12, 2010 at 6:05 am

So glad you’ve been outta the “normal schedule”…that just means REAL LIFE has been extra good for you lately :)

You look smashing in your wedding attire! Love the black/silver/pink theme that was going on in the pics, too.

I dont eat pizza anymore. Dairy free cheese and gluten free crust? Ummm, no. I’ll just have something else :) Like dessert. haha

I have been up to…the beach. And home renovations/repairs. And holiday baking! With a microwave. It’s been fun tho!

lindsay December 12, 2010 at 6:36 am

I loe the randomness that holiday schedules bring. Parties, games, weddings, time well spent with loved ones curled up on the couch (thats my favorite). Enjoy your sunday and hope marshall feels better soon. Maybe some hot chocolate can cure him. hehe!
LC

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 12, 2010 at 6:56 am

The crust is hands-down the best part of pizza. Straight up carbs are where it’s at :) And I am BEYOND ready for Christmas…just 2 more days until I’m going home!! Wheee!!! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Katie December 12, 2010 at 7:25 am

Here goes!!!

– LOVE the crust on Pizza, In fact sometimes I eat the crust first, or just eat all the crust and not the rest of the pizza, lol

– Wedding looked like it was so nice! Love the wedding colors she had, and you look smoking in that dress!

– those cookies look YUM! I am lucky there is not a trader joes near me, although last nite I had two Candycane oreos and those were AMAZING!

– Exciting news is Im going to be teaching Dance Trnace in the New Year and be getting certified as a Zumba Instructor, holla!

– Love you! xoxo

Paige is Running Around Normal December 12, 2010 at 7:29 am

You and Marshall look so gorgeous in the picture at the wedding! Your dress looks great on you, girl :)
I definitely eat the pizza crust. Best part!
And the cookie?! Yea…def looks worth it. I’m just glad I didn’t think out the nutrition info of those blondies I made last night… hahaha

Krystina (Basil & Wine) December 12, 2010 at 7:32 am

I loooove crusts.

I’ve spent the weekend decorating our Christmas tree, eating my weight in Indian food, and enjoying my family. :)

Matt December 12, 2010 at 8:17 am

The crust is the best part! I think your hubby has issues ;)

Di December 12, 2010 at 8:38 am

That veggie scramble looked delicious! And congrats to the bride and groom!

I eat my pizza crusts. :) I love pizza.

Faith December 12, 2010 at 8:38 am

I actually eat my students’ crusts on pizza day…SHHH!

That sounds kinda gross, now that I think about it, but seriously, I tear it off before I give it to them (after watching them throw it away day after day after day…)seriously, two year olds just want the cheese anyways ;)

Heather December 12, 2010 at 8:48 am

i LOVE the crust! especially with a little extra pizza sauce or ranch…oh my word. and we’re gearing up for a big holiday trip…can’t wait!

thedelicateplace December 12, 2010 at 9:51 am

you look great in that dress! gah i’m sick too i just woke up with a cold yesterday that nate has had for the past few days. thanks hubs! i’m chugging tea and carrot-ginger-cayenne juice WITH pulp (yeah…hardcore) and holiday shopping with sniffles. i think i’m done now. *fingers crossed* don’t worry about sporadic posting…it’s kinda a busy time ;)

Rose December 12, 2010 at 11:36 am

Pizza crusts are my second favorite part of the pizza. As a kid, I had friends who wouldn’t eat the crust, so after I finished my piece of pizza, I would eat their crusts as well.

Healthy Coconut December 12, 2010 at 12:03 pm

You’re going to hate me…but it’s warm in my neck of the woods. Shorts + tank top warm in Southern California. It’s hard to believe it’s almost Christmas and the temps are around 80s. Gotta love it!

I eat everything in my pizza and if it’s really good, then I’ll eat the crust from my fiance’s plate too.

Have a good Sunday Janetha

janetha @ meals & moves December 12, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I don’t hate you! I love snow and cold!!

Paige December 12, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Hey I just bought that dress to wear to a wedding too! Yay for Target.

Loooove pizza crusts – I usually eat mine and my boyfriend’s as well. Who doesn’t love carbs?

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices December 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I love her choice of wedding colors- so pretty! & the 3 generation picture with Marshall is awesome :)
Oh, I L-O-V-E pizza crusts! Craig gives me his too- it’s like a win-win kind of thing.
Hope Marshall is feeling better.

lowandbhold December 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm

That pizza looks DELISH! Yum! I totally eat my crusts… And yay for the salad challenge!

Congrats to the happy couple and hope Marshall feels better soon!

happyisthenewpretty December 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm

It’s snowing today and cold as heck!

Those eggs look amazing!

cbrady3 December 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I DEFINITELY eat the crusts (and those of the people around me!!)

And I’m getting ready for Christmas –got the tree and most of the presents. And we got the snow this morning!

Jamie @ Food in Real Life December 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm

the crust is so good, I always look forward to it :) That egg scramble looked so good btw. And that IS a great deal! I hate when eggs are so expensive :) I think I’ve actually just decided to have eggs for dinner. Thanks for the inspiration Janetha!

actorsdiet December 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm

yes i eat my crusts. and i’ll eat other people’s too!

BroccoliHut December 12, 2010 at 7:50 pm

YUM! I want that scramble! So many good veggies in there.
I’m not much of a pizza girl, but I DO eat other people’s crusts:) It’s the best part!

enjoyingthechaos December 13, 2010 at 8:48 am

i love pizza crust..and usually end up eating my kids crusts..lol..
I need to make a TJ’s run to get me some of those cookies!!! i am all about the chocolate peppermint anything:)

Katie December 13, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I may like pizza crust more than the actual slice of pizza – I always eat it!

We’ve h ad little baby snow storms, but nothing major yet – it doesn’t really feel like Christmas time! I’m waiting for a BIG blizzard to get me in the holiday spirit!

Pure2raw twins December 13, 2010 at 4:21 pm

no worries, our posts have been all over the place too. We have been in the middle of moving, ugh, almost done though!