welcome to december, folks. pretty sure it was just st. patricks day. sneaky months, zooming by without warning.
i was excited to put up my new calendar this morning!
my marty’s blogger babes calendar has an extra month—december 2010—with gorgeous deb and handsome marty (deb’s dad) and the story of the calendar. i smile every time i look at it!
to get a calendar of your own, visit deb’s post!
you know that whenever it is a new month, i am the first to inform you of the fun national food holidays happening during the month and upcoming week.. well, december is no different. here they are:
- national egg nog month
- national fruit cake month
- first week = national cookie cutter week
- second week = national lager beer week
- fourth week = national egg nog week
- december 1 = national pie day
- december 2 = national fritters day
- december 3 = national apple pie day
- december 4 = national cookie day
- december 5 = national sacher torte day
- december 6 = national gazpacho day & national microwave oven day
- december 7 = national cotton candy day
wow.. a lot of sweets, no? that should keep you nice and occupied this week! and full of cavities, i am sure. if you would like to be reminded of all the daily national food hoildays, follow me on facebook (click me!). i (usually) post them every day!
curious about my title? well, let’s talk about it.
i like you guys. i like to give you guys stuff when i can. i am in an extra givey mood in december, so i have decided to host twelve fun filled giveaways between now and christmas!
some will be sponsored by awesome companies, some will be sponsored by yours truly. they will all be fabulous.
let’s get this thing started!
you all know i am coffee drinker. i can drink coffee all day long, up until right before i go to bed! i love coffee.
if i am drinking it all day, i HAVE to have a way to keep it hot all the while.
enter: contigo coffee mugs.
as you may know, i am obsessed with contigo products.
i have nine of the contigo 24 ounce water bottles. i actually proclaimed my love for these water bottles in my very first blog post ever. that’s dedication.
actually, this is what i said in my very first blog post: “i cannot rave about these things enough. they are completely spillproof, have a clip to attach them to anything and everything, and the best part they measure your fluid intake with handy marks at 8 oz, 16 oz and 24 oz (as well as 500 ml and 250 ml for you metric folks).”
between marshall and i, we have owned at least twelve of the contigo insulated mugs. i say “owned” because now, we only have six mugs in our possession. read: marshall leaves the mugs on the job all the time and never gets them back!
but the mugs are so incredible that we continue to purchase them, over and over, so we never are without a clean contigo mug to keep our coffee hot.
let me tell you.. these mugs keep your drinks HOT. my coffee is still hot four hours into my work day! and if i drop my mug, nothing spills! EVER!
i have become such an advocate for contigo products. i got a few of my co-workers hooked on their water bottles. tons of my family and friends use them, too. the water is so much easier to drink with the contigo bottles. the lid design actually pushes water down your throat. i often call it a beer bong for my water, if that gives you an idea of how it works.
the contigo insulated mugs have also become popular amongst those around me. several of my co-workers have swooped up some mugs for themselves and i gave the mugs as gifts to my foodbuzz festival roomies.
i actually contacted contigo to let them know how much i love them. i wanted to offer my readers the chance to try their awesome mugs.
ANYWAY, i am sure you can see where i am going with this…
one meals & moves reader will receive a contigo insulated mug!
a little bit about the mugs:
AUTOSEAL® Travel Mugs from Contigo®
Never spill another drop! 100% spill- and leak-proof travel mug uses exclusive AUTOSEAL® technology to prevent accidental spills. Press the AUTOSEAL® button to sip, and release the button to automatically seal. This self-sealing lid technology is combined with a double-wall, vacuum-insulated, stainless steel mug, providing exceptional temperature retention. Beverages stay hot for 4 hours or cold for 12 hours.
- Patented AUTOSEAL® lid is 100% leak-proof and 100% spill-proof.
- Drinking made easy! Press to sip. Release to seal. The AUTOSEAL® Stainless Steel Mug automatically seals between sips to ensure no spills.
- Vacuum-insulated technology keeps beverages hot for 4 hours, and cold for 12 hours.
- Contoured body makes this travel mug easy to hold and easy on the eyes.
- The AUTOSEAL® Stainless Steel Mug will hold up to 16 oz. of your favorite beverage and fits most standard car cupholders.
- Constructed with a double wall and stainless steel inside and out for maximum travel mug performance.
Volume: 16 oz.
Weight: 0.8 lbs.
Dimensions: 3.6″L x 7.9″H x 3.3″W
for your first and mandatory entry:
- leave a comment telling me me what beverage you’d use your contigo insulated mug for!
for additional entries (one each):
- “like” contigo on facebook and leave a SEPARATE comment letting me know you did.
- follow contigo on twitter and tweet about the giveaway “@janeeetha is giving away a @GoContigo coffee mug! http://wp.me/pv3O5-75C”and leave a SEPARATE comment letting me know you did.
the giveaway will close on friday, december 3 at 11:59. winner announced saturday.
i wanted to mention that contigo products are great for everyone and make a perfect gift. they even have kid’s contigo bottles and mugs! if you buy one as a gift for someone, make sure to buy one for yourself while you are at it. you’ll be stoked.
hope you all had a great kickoff to december!
xo. janetha g.