no, i did not chop marshall into bits, cook him into a soup and eat him for dinner.
i am not creepy nor i am a cannibal.
well, actually, i might be a little creepy..
but that’s not the point.
the point is.. marshall made dinner! and marshall doesn’t cook.
he made minestrone soup! in the slow cooker.
i have dubbed this “husband soup”, because it is so simple, even your non-cooking husband can make it.
into the slow cooker:
- 60 oz low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- two red onions, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen mixed veggies (peas, green beans, corn & carrots)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (29 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- big handful of fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 1 T tomato, basil & garlic Mrs. Dash
- 1 T dried oregano
- ~1 tsp garlic powder
- ~1 tsp salt
- ~1 tsp pepper
cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. 20 minutes before you are ready to eat, toss in 2 cups of dry whole wheat noodles. we did a mix of elbow macaroni and miniature shells.
for protein, brown 1 lb of ground turkey, chicken or beef. toss it into the soup when the noodles are soft. mix well before serving.
i <3 my owl spoon
this soup was seriously DELICIOUS.
i am so proud of marshall, he really CAN make a delicious dinner when he wants to.
by the way, this recipe makes a TON of soup.. you can freeze it or give a bunch away to your mom, like i did.
thanks to everyone for entering the nayonaise giveaway. by the way, nayonaise doesn’t taste just like mayonnaise.. it is just an alternative to mayo. i wanted to make that clear!
congratulations! send me your mailing address and i will have nasoya ship out your coupons
well, i have to go pack for SAN FRANCISCO! i leave straight from work tomorrow so i have to be all packed and ready to go tonight. i can’t wait to see a lot of you at the foodbuzz festival. so excited.
i guess i better do something about this situation…
sorry allie, i don’t think they allow dogs…
1. does your significant other cook or do you do all the cooking? (sorry to those this doesn’t apply to!)
2. are you a last minute packer or are you way ahead of the game?
xo. janetha g.