flashback friday: the first foodbuzz festival.

by Janetha on November 3, 2010

in meals

hey guys! i am pre-writing this one and chances are i am in san francisco right now hanging out with several other bloggers.

that’s right, the time has come for the second annual foodbuzz festival. so exciting.

i went last year and had the time of my life. between the delicious food, the informative classes, the fun activities and the amazing people.. i decided that the foodbuzz festival was something i had to go to every year.

for today’s flashback, i decided to take a look at last year’s foodbuzz festival. i wonder how this year’s will compare.

enjoy!

friday, november 6th.

i started things off eating at taylor’s automatic refresher.  we were meeting up with danica and i was with my sister, her kids and my mom. my sister lives in california and so my mom and i went out a few days earlier to spend time with them. i am flashing back to this meal because i think EVERYONE simply NEEDS to eat at this place. it is located in the ferry building and it is SO good.

imageimageimage

i checked into my hotel, i was staying at the same place as danica, quinn, allison, jasmine and ashley.

the first night consisted of a welcome cocktail party and a street food fare.

there were a lot of familiar faces and even more new ones!

imageimage

tons of delicious food. and drinks.

imageimage

saturday, november 7th.

the morning started off with a visit to the ferry building farmers market along with a delicious breakfast. if you go to san francisco, the ferry building market is NOT to be missed.

image imageimage

next up were sessions of seminars where i learned about olive oils.

foodbuzz 112foodbuzz 113

but then it was onto the tasting pavilion.. AKA foodie paradise. i had never seen so much deliciousness to taste in one place!

image image image

we also saw brittany and brandi who were nature’s path ambassadors :)

foodbuzz 191foodbuzz 115

and we hit up a champagne seminar.

there was a teeny bit of time between the seminar and the dinner.. so i got to meet DEB!!!!!

love her so much.

saturday night was a great farm-to-table dinner. i must say, it was the first time i’d tried ox tails!

image image

it was fun to have time to visit with everyone that i felt like i already “knew” from their blogs. imageimage

they also did the foodbuzz blogger awards, which they aren’t doing again this year. it’s too bad, because that was really fun.

sunday, november 8th.

i met up with deb in the morning and she, allison and i went for a walk and talked.

oh, sidenote, i was in LOVE with the houndstooth carpet in our hotel :)

there was a farewell brunch which was sponsored by nature’s pride bread. which means.. i ate a lot of bread ;)

and coffee.

after the brunch, ashley, jasmine & i decided to explore the city. it ended up being hours and hours of lots and lots of walking! but it was fun. we ran into an awesome farmers market.

image image image image

and we found the full house house :)

the only downside was that i purchased marshall a shirt from the puma store, then ashley & i decided to hop on a bus because we were tired of walking. well, i left the bag with the shirt at the bus stop. we went all the way back but it was gone :( lesson learned!

we ended our journey at the cliff house where we met up with allison and quinn briefly before my sister came to pick me up for the airport.

image image

the end!

hope you enjoyed seeing last year’s foodbuzz festival adventures. i will be back soon with a recap of this year’s shenanigans :)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
1. have you ever met bloggers “in real life”? what do you think of that?

2. have you been to san francisco? tell me about it.

lisaou11 November 5, 2010 at 9:21 am

looks like a great time! maybe someday I can attend that!

Ive been to San francisco once. I was in early highschool and I was with my dad. I honestly don’t remember much except for all the hills!

purplebirdblog November 5, 2010 at 9:26 am

I hope someday I can make it to a festival and meet you all in person! That would be amazeballs! Have a GREAT time, Janetha!

Talia @ Texas Gunslinger November 5, 2010 at 9:42 am

FUN!!! I bet this year you’ll have even more fun!!!

I’ve never met a fellow blogger in real life, but then again, I’ve only been blogging for a little over 3 months. However, I’ve “met” some fantastic gals through blogging and it’s just really cool. I love learning from others and motivating and supporting other who seek health and an active lifestyle like I do. We can all learn from each other!

I’ve been to San Fran, but I think I was 9 or maybe 11. The one thing that stands out about our family visit was that my mom was REALLY into running at the time and was not willing to take a day off, so she ran 3 miles (3 INSANELY hilly miles) and I ran alongside her the entire way…in overalls. She was floored that I kept up, being so young. Today, I’d probably tell her to meet me at an ice cream shop when she’s finished BAHAHA! (j/k)

julie November 5, 2010 at 9:53 am

i remember when you went last year! i was totally drooling over your food & fun fest and still am to this day :) have fun girl!

mommab November 5, 2010 at 10:06 am

I’m jealous and I miss you! Have a great time!!xo

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 5, 2010 at 6:25 pm

HI MOMMA B! Remember we ALMOST met last year! Maybe next year or if you come out to Cali some time :-)

Tw November 5, 2010 at 10:16 am

Curious what is the expense or requirement of attending?

Green Dog Wine November 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm

oh janetha g! :( this post made me so happy and so very sad all at the same time! i had so much fun with you last year, and want to be going this year! the real posts haven’t even started yet and i’m bummed! HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

dana @ my little celebration November 5, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Great post. I’m so jealous I’m not going to be to make it to the event this year! Maybe next…

1) I haven’t met any bloggers from the healthy living/foodie community, but I have met my friend Lauren from thelittlethingswedo.blogspot.com. I met her BEFORE I started reading her blog, however, and now I follow her blog daily. It’s super cute. I think meeting bloggers in real life is an awesome thing that I hope I get a chance to do more often in the future.

2) I have been to San Fran and it was AWESOME. Great food, beautiful weather, lovely scenery, vibrant culture….what’s not to love? It’s a mecca of all of my favorite things!

Jess November 5, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I went to San Fran about five years ago and loved it- I really want to go back! I loved the trolley ride and seeing the Full House houses!

Tay November 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to eat there. Ever since my friends and I discovered it my senior year of high school. Because it’s my name. And now because everyone says it’s so good.

thedelicateplace November 5, 2010 at 1:26 pm

1. SF is my fave city, i accidently walked through the tenderloin on my way to the california academy of sciences whoops! i loved walking through chinatown! i ate at pesce where i had amazing seafood tapas and a place called fringale which was a french place…super authentic. i talked to some sea lions, went jogging on the embarcadero, took a wine train up to Sonoma and toured a couple wineries. it was pretty much heaven in a handbasket :)

Jessica @ How Sweet November 5, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Have FUN!!!

Tamizn November 5, 2010 at 2:48 pm

So jealous! I met Debs and I love her! x x

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 5, 2010 at 6:26 pm

paijery November 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Ahhhh I like I like! I can’t wait to see your recap of this year!! Hopefully next year I can get my butt together and go!
I have only met one blogger in real life and it was awesome! It’s nice to be able to meet like minded individuals that you kinda already “know” :)
I went to SF when I was 14 to visit my cousins. I LOVED it! We rode cable cars and walked around the city, did lots of shopping and I got asked on a date by a man with mustard all over his face ;) Good times!!
Hope you’re having a blaaast!!!!

BroccoliHut November 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Have fun this weekend! I’ll be hawking your blog for updates on the fun:)

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) November 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm

My lil bro lives close to the full house street!

I have been to SF twice and love it. It’s the first and only ‘big’ city I’ve been to… other than LA, which is totally different. Do I need to get out more or what ?!

I have never met any bloggers in real life… I think it would be cool though !

This was a sweet flashback Fri post… how perfect! Hope you’re having fun!!

janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I just love your flashback Friday’s! Can’t wait to see the Foodbuzz pics for this year:)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 5, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Love- the feeling is entirely mutual!!! So sorry to have to miss it and you this year. I can’t WAIT to see all the fun photos and live vicariously through you!!

I have met a lot of bloggers in real life- it’s so fun- we seem to have a common ground upon which to base friendships. <3

Love,D

Shannon November 5, 2010 at 6:48 pm

so bummed i didn’t “know” you then or meet you at the festival! or maybe we did… lol, there were so many new people and so much food! hope you’re having a good time this weekend!

Andrea@WellnessNotes November 6, 2010 at 10:16 am

Glad I got to say “hi” yesterday. Hope we get to chat a bit today!!! :)

Lee November 7, 2010 at 7:05 am

I really want to go to San Francisco. Jason and I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles and have talked about it.

I’ve met a bunch of local Atlanta bloggers several times. It’s always a good time.

Sweet and Fit November 7, 2010 at 9:44 pm

awww, Janetha G! I loved this post, thanks for reminding me that I have basically already experienced the foodbuzz festival =)

Danica November 21, 2010 at 8:00 am

Ahhh, good times, I totally LOVED flashing back. It’s so funny how I LOVED each year, but, for different reasons… Some things were better/worse by year, but, it still makes me want to go back just so I can hang out with cool peeps like you ;)

xoxo!