spooktacular.

by Janetha on October 31, 2010

in meals

last night was a blast!

marshall & i went over the kristen & rory’s to get ready. i had no idea how to paint a skeleton face.. but i gave it my best shot.

working on it…

Halloween 023

before painting my mouth, i decided i better eat first!

kristen has a tradition of eating chili and corn bread on halloween. i think this is a tradition i could adopt Winking smile

Halloween 007

this meal was perfect because it was POURING down rain! it was super cold out!

Halloween 008

yum.

Halloween 025

back to work…

Halloween 029

finished!

Halloween 013

do you like marshall’s costume? he was getting eaten by a shark Winking smile

Halloween 015

kristen was a crayon!

we had a couple parties to go to because my friends were scattered at different locations, but we ended up going to the first one and staying there. i was sad not to see some of my friends, but the party we were at was a really good time and there were some AWESOME costumes. i love seeing the creativity!

crayon-skeleton-cat-jessica rabbit (cool part is her name IS jessica and we call her rabbit!)Halloween 040

roger rabbit-mad hatterHalloween 041

monkey

Halloween 046

sailor

Halloween 050

roger & jessica rabbit

Halloween 051

richard simmons

Halloween 052

cat & dog

Halloween 054

Halloween 055

richard simmons & chia pet

Halloween 057

at some point during the night, amber got eaten by marshall’s shark…Halloween 064Halloween 047

i found another skeleton!

Halloween 071Halloween 053

BEST makeup ever.

Halloween 037

good times Smile

Halloween 039

this morning i had two spooky visitors for breakfast…

these seasonal cereals are marshall’s absolute favorite. he bought three boxes of each! that could be very dangerous for me…

last day with my spooky halloween table decorations! marshall couldn’t be happier about it.. he doesn’t think they are scary enough. what, you don’t think that spider is scary?! Winking smile

a mix of boo berry, frankenberry and some three sisters sweet wheat for good measure.

unsweetened pumpkin spice latte~

i love how the milk changes color!

well, it’s sunday, which means a long day of football for marshall. i guess i better go find something to do with my time!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1. do you have any halloween traditions?

2. what is your favorite holiday?

Julia October 31, 2010 at 10:50 am

Looks like a fantastic party! I love all the costumes and your skeleton idea was awesome!
I wanna know how the guy with all the makeup did that – it looked eerily real – yikes!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) October 31, 2010 at 10:51 am

Your skeleton looks like the “Dia De Los Muertos” or Day of the Dead skeltons that are everywhere in Mexico. A really good rendition too!

I LOVE that Richard Simmons. Or as we used to call him “Sichard Rimmons” I have no idea why we did that.

So was Marshall stark naked after he ‘lost’ his costume to Amber? ;-)

lindsay October 31, 2010 at 10:52 am

oh wow, that guys make up is GOOD! Its so funt o dress up! My husband does a great Richard Simmons because he already has a hairy chest and a FRO! haha!

GetHealthyWithHeather October 31, 2010 at 10:57 am

Looks like a super fun time! I love looking at all the costumes everyone dressed up as, especially Kristens. When I was growing up my mom made all of use crayon costumes (me + parents + 3 brothers). It was pretty cute when we were little. Hers is much cuter and well, less kiddish than mine was :)

coffeeandthepaper October 31, 2010 at 11:00 am

I ADORE Halloween and all of its craziness. I’m kind of obsessed with your shirt too. Skeletons are awesome!

purplebirdblog October 31, 2010 at 11:10 am

Some seriously clever costumes going on over there! Love it!

a taste of health with balance October 31, 2010 at 11:40 am

okay the shark idea is awesome hahaha i love it! and you look so good!!

Tina October 31, 2010 at 11:49 am

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving for the celebration…but for the meanings behind holidays nothing beats Easter or Christmas. ;)

Love your makeup. You did an awesome job. And I have to say I’m glad its not as freaky to look at as that one dude’s. Creepy! And Richard Simmons = classic!

Erica October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

WOW ! Those are awesome costumes. I love the idea of a couple doing a cat and a dog too- easy and cute :) Marshalls costume is pretty jammin too. Oh my gosh- love those cereals! I just saw them at our local publix and almost picked one up. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love giving out candy and seeing all of the kiddos

lisaou11 October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

looks like a blast! I went to a party where there were girls that were crayons–we had about 5 colors haha!

Marisa @ Loser for Life October 31, 2010 at 11:53 am

That is a great costume, JG!! Looks like a fun party!

Kelly October 31, 2010 at 12:13 pm

I love Thanksgiving…I love the food and the football. Best two things…ever!

julie October 31, 2010 at 1:17 pm

hahaha i LOVE marshmellow’s costume! yours is good too don’t get me wrong hahaha you could be the skeleton of marshall after the shark ate him.

…thats so wrong of me on so many levels…

i’m sorry for that hahaha

glad you had such a fun night!!

Heather October 31, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Wow! That last guy’s makeup was SUPER scary! It looks so real…freaky! I don’t care what Marshall says, I like the spidey!

I love Thanksgiving! Always in need of a good excuse to be in the kitchen all day!

Sweet Cheeks October 31, 2010 at 1:40 pm

You did a great job with your painted face! i love the mouth!

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year, but Halloween is always a fun one too!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 31, 2010 at 2:05 pm

That dude with the crazy face makeup is SCARY! Seriously, I would have been avoiding him just so his face wouldn’t show up in my nightmares haha. I love your costume too! People go so nuts with ideas these days, but I think some of the best costumes are still the classics :)

CHRISTMAS is my favorite holiday by far- and I can finally listen to the music tomorrow!

Amanda October 31, 2010 at 2:08 pm

I love your makeup! You did a great job. Marshall’s costume cracks me up. Now I’m sad we didn’t go out last night!

runningaroundnormal October 31, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Your make up is awesome!! And how crazy is the guy with the bloody head?! Ahh!!
Happy Halloween girl :)

Lauren October 31, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Great costumes!!! I love Marshall’s take on the shark. LoL such a blast! :)

BroccoliHut October 31, 2010 at 2:56 pm

LOVE all the costumes, particularly the Chia pet:)
You’re making me miss all those cereals that changed the color of the milk…

Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices October 31, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Awesome make up that you did!!!! I’m impressed :)
And, that guy with the blood face- aahhhhh- that really IS scary.
I LOVE that cereal too- Boo Berry was my favorite as a kid. I think I need to stock up before it’s out of season!
Happy Halloween :)

lizzyj1305 October 31, 2010 at 4:28 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Your face painting skills are amazing!
I loveeee the cornbread&chili on a spooky cold night tradition! All the costumes at the party are off the hook! haha!
xoxo!

thedelicateplace October 31, 2010 at 4:47 pm

1. my halloween tradition is usually a fancy brunch and then getting gifts for my bday :)
2. fave holiday is christmas
p.s. your skeleton makeup looks stellar!

Rachael October 31, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Those cereal boxes take me back about twenty years – I used to love that stuff!
Mulled wine for trick or treater duty is a tradition for me….I basically bundle up in my oddest clothes, drink hot wine and sit on my front stairs waiting for kids.
I saw a Bob Rossi costume last night – your Richard Simmons shots made me think of the joys of dressing as a D-list celebrity:)!

actorsdiet October 31, 2010 at 7:02 pm

wow janetha you look great! so talented! how long did it take to remove that makeup?!?

Mama Pea October 31, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I’ve been freaked out by your costume since last night. I’ve had to be careful so the girls don’t see and get nightmares!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) November 1, 2010 at 7:22 am

Awesome costume, but pretty darn creepy!

I don’t have any halloween traditions, but I did get to share the chili-and-pumpkin carving tradition with Gillian last night, which was awesome. I need to make new traditions!

Christmas is my fave holiday, halloween is a close second!

xo
Kris

Bess November 1, 2010 at 8:59 am

you did a FANTASTIC job on your skeleton!!! looks like yall had so much fun…and that one guy’s makeup is scary…and gross! haha :)

Freckled Foodie November 1, 2010 at 9:03 am

awesome party!!! :) i can’t wait until ours next weekend!!

Sheila November 1, 2010 at 10:45 am

Great costume you did an awesome job!!

lowandbhold November 1, 2010 at 10:59 am

I have to watch at least one really terrible scary movie on Halloween. Paranormal Activity 2 fit the bill this weekend.

Loved your costume!

glidingcalm November 1, 2010 at 1:56 pm

you are the hottest skele…with cleavage!! I love itttttttttttt. and that tofu din din from last night looks amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!! I need to get into roasting veggies again!! hence why i bought a butternut baby today!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boi!

LOVE U MUCHO!

Pure2raw twins November 2, 2010 at 6:49 am

Loved your costume! Looked like a great time!

oh and I have that same coffee mug ; )